weaponry skill

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

weaponry skill

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 6th, 2011, 5:52 am

i have a few questions in regards to weaponry skills. Know, ive seen many people with specific weapons skills, like say a cane sword. However another person might simply have a skill in sword. so does weaponry work overall for a branch of type of weapons, or specific weapon type?

also what about things that are more vague? would a handaxe and a battleaxe fall under axe? would a gladius fall under the same thing as a short sword, as they are similar? or would they both fall under sword?

so does weapon skills work by branches of weapons? or by specific weapons?

more questions to come after these are responded to.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

weaponry skill

Postby Kiara Killraven on July 6th, 2011, 6:07 am

No for each new weapon that you train with you need a new set of skill points with. For example if you have Weapon (Longsword) 15/100 you still need to level Weapon (Cane Sword) in order to use the cane sword as effectively as you can the longsword.

People that only put Weapon (Sword) are people that need to be more specific when they write what they are skilled in. Each weapon even if they are on the same branch have varying fighting styles and weight so there for, each of them need training.
Last edited by Kiara Killraven on July 6th, 2011, 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kiara Killraven
Human Blender

Words: 52221
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2011, 6:14 am
Character sheet

weaponry skill

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 6th, 2011, 6:10 am

that is what i thought, but i was confused by all of these people being generic in there skills. especially ones were you see they have several different types of weapons that might fall under that.

people really need to start being more specific in that.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

weaponry skill

Postby Mercury on July 6th, 2011, 6:52 am

ಠ_ಠ It has been brought to our attention ಠ_ಠ
For Me to Know, And You to Find Out

VPVCSMPMOAPACS
Mercury
Poisoning you to insanity, one word at a time

Words: 93204
Joined roleplay: April 2nd, 2011, 4:15 pm
Race: Staff account
Office