[The Bizarre] A day in the life (open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Fela Meason on July 21st, 2011, 11:39 pm

35th Day of Summer, 511 AV

Fela gave a squeak of surprise as Vhanet pulled her along through the crowd towards...the fruit stall? Her eyes widened further when she was asked what she wanted. She gazed at the selection like a Vantha child at Morwen's homecoming. Excitement skidded across her stomach, maybe she would get what she came for after all.

The table top was covered from top to bottom in all kinds of fruits both dried and fresh. The fresh fruit held her attention the most though. It had been so long since she had tasted any of their sweet juices. The large cat inside of her sneered at the food, but this was just one more example of how human she was. There were peaches, apples, apricots and...elderberries! She softly squealed and pointed to them. I have really been craving berries. She looked up hopeful and fished out her coin purse. She still had 5 gold rimmed Mizas left. Regardless of how kind this snake was acting Fela still did not fully trust her and would not allow her to be in her debit anymore than she appeared to be now.

She thrust a few gold rimmed Mizas at Vhanet.
I insist you at least let me pay for this. I have saved enough money for my own treat.
This is Fela talking, This is Fela thinking, This is text, and This is someone else talking.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Words: 149056
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2011, 3:31 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Yanessavhanet on July 24th, 2011, 7:35 pm

Vhanet took a moment to contemplate the coins the Kelvic thrust as her, and then made a show of reluctance as she took the coins, "If you are certain that it will be fine, I would hate for you to have Miza for anything if you needed it."

With her position Vhanet acted as an intermediary for the exchange, passing coins back and forth between the Kelvic and the merchant, and then handing over to R the wooden bowl holding the elderberries, "Here you are. I hope you enjoy them," she smiled warmly at the Kelvic, "Would you like to find a location where you could relax and eat them? Maybe we could talk while you do?"

As she spoke Vhanet began to carefully wind her way back out of crowd. She idly wondered if Ionu would favor her with the layout of the streets and what they came across. Maybe a visit to the Garden of No Return would be nice, somewhere private and far away from any interference or easy routes of escape.
Yanessavhanet
Alt of Alenias, Deceptive Seductress

Words: 83625
Joined roleplay: February 9th, 2011, 4:37 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fela Meason on July 27th, 2011, 12:03 am

OOCTraded 1 gold rimmed Miza and 2 Silver rimmed Mizas for 12 oz of Elderberries.

Fela accepted the bowl from the snake with a smile. Maybe not a pie, but it would still make her feel a little bit more at home. Vhanet started to walk away and through the crowd, Fela scampered after her like a well trained child clutching her fruit. Fela looked up as Vhanet started to speak, Would you like to find a location where you could relax and eat them? Maybe we could talk while you do?

Fela pursed her lips in concentration, her choices were to decline and sneak her way back home or to follow Vhanet and possibly learn more about her. Despite her deep seated distrust of her, she had never had a chance to get to know a Dhani so this would be a wonderful learning experience. Fela nodded and hurried her pace to walk side by side with Vhanet. That sounds like a wonderful idea. I have not been here since I was but a cub. I remember how peaceful the gardens are, the quiet of the library and the soothing roll of the ocean at The Patchwork Port. She paused and squealed in a girlish burst of cathartic energy. To live as a young one once again. She wiggled her eyebrows and ran a little ahead, the door to the bizarre was dead ahead. She burst into the street and into the sunlight. The gray had vanished and left behind vibrant colors once again.
This is Fela talking, This is Fela thinking, This is text, and This is someone else talking.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Yanessavhanet on July 27th, 2011, 5:37 pm

Vhanet smiled and nodded as the Kelvic talked about her fond memories of varaious places in Alvadas. When the woman paused Vhanet spoke pleasantly, "Indeed! The garden can be," but before she could finish her sentence the Kelvic squealed like a little girl and took off running.

Such a display of youthful exuberance and energy, it made Vhanet's mouth itch with desire to rip into the Kelvic's throat and taste her blood. Still she smiled pleasant as she more calmly walked after the Kelvic still smiling pleasantly, "Well, you are quite energetic. Would you like to head to the garden?"

Assuming the Kelvic would accept Vhanet turned and started walking down one of the streets. It wasn't a particular direction, but she'd learned in her time in Alvadas that it was often best to wander the streets and let Ionu determine if you reached your destination or not. It did make it difficult to get anywhere at a specific time, but there were few times Vhanet had such a desire.

"Tell me, have you remembered anything at all?" Vhanet asked as she walked with the Kelvic, "Even your name, or do I need to refer to you by the title R for now?" there was no real reason they couldn't talk as they walked at least.
Yanessavhanet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fela Meason on July 27th, 2011, 9:39 pm

Petch! Fela whispered to herself as she turned so Vhanet could not see her face. She meant to play dumb and not let Vhanet know any of her memories had returned but there she went gushing about all her childhood adventures. I can pull this off. She thought with a small smile.

Fela turned to Vhanet with a surprised little gasp and grabbed her hands. I do remember! She paused and gave a look of deep concentration. Just out of no where they came back to me. My whole life, a blur. Till now I was lost in a haze. My name, another reaching look, My name is Fela, Fela Meason. My mother's name was Aneata and she was an Owl. She smiled. My father's name was Cristos and he was an Ox who belonged to a local farmer. She released Vhanet's hands, crossed her arms and looked up to the sky. I grew up here in Alvadas, I was sold to Vicktor Kylin for drugs and I came home like any good child does.

They started walking again, turning and twisting at random with no real direction in mind. I don't know much sometimes, but there is something special about you. I don't know what you did but they all came back. Like the opening of flood gates. Thank you, thank you Vhanet. She painted a pretty little smile on her face full of innocence and adoration. All the time mentally patting herself on the back for a good save.

Ahead Fela could see a small grove of trees marking the edge of the Garden. Fela had visited the Gardens many times as a child but never went inside. Her mother would never allow it. It was a mystery to the young Kelvic and called to her to explore. Maybe Vhanet would want to stop there.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Yanessavhanet on July 30th, 2011, 5:55 pm

Vhanet's eyes narrowed slightly as Fela turned away and whispered something to herself. It seemed the Kelvic had been keeping things hidden, but Vhanet had no desire to call out her lie. Instead she relaxed and smiled pleasant, waiting to see what the woman would do.

The surprised gasp caused Vhanet to jump slightly, but her smile remained in place and only grew warmer as Fela began to speak, "How wonderful!" she exclaimed as she gave the Kelvic's hands a friendly squeeze, "I'm very happy for you Fela, and glad you managed to find your way home," she made her smile falter slightly as she spoke of home, her gaze going off to the side as if remembering something sad.

The smile came back as Fela thanked her, the warmest and friendliest Vhanet could manage, and she gave a small shake of her head, "I don't think I did anything helpful, but I'm glad if I managed to inadvertently help," it was hard to keep the smirk from her lips as she listened to the poor lying of the woman, but the game would be so much more fun if she drew things out.

As the entrance to the gardens came into view Vhanet took a deep breath of the air touched with the scent of growing plants, "Ah, I do love coming up on the Garden," she turned her smile to Fela again, "I've been away for a while, I'm glad we could come here together. Maybe we can find my favorite fountain today," without hesitation she walked between the trees and into the maze of the Garden of No Return, a place that would hopefully be the location for another delightful memory.
Yanessavhanet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fela Meason on July 31st, 2011, 11:51 pm

Fela bounded after Vhanet but stopped short at the entrance of the Garden her entire face going blank. For some reason this place no matter how beautiful it appeared held a venom to it she could not ignore. Slowly Fela extended one foot and then another, she was in. She opened her eyes to find Vhanet standing a few feet away waiting for her to follow.

The Garden, which was supposed to be a maze, seemed to stretch on for miles and miles ahead with no appearance of offshoots or turns or curves. Just a straight line for as far as the eye could see. Strange flowers bloomed along the tunnel of hedges, Fela tried to place their name. The blooms were a deep faded shade of purple and the berries were black and shiny. Some smaller nubs were an olive green with a star pattern of leaves surrounding them. Fela finally recognized them plants, Death Cherries. Fela smiled to herself and pulled her pack around to the front and produced one of the blades from her pocket. The poisons and medicines this plant could create would make Salida proud, where ever she was. Careful to avoid too much contact with the skin Fela dug gently around the roots of the plant and pulled it from the ground and placing it inside her backpack.

Fela wondered what it was doing here, she had wandered all over the city and had yet to see the plant anywhere else. The climate was right for it though, so many it had been removed from the rest of the city for the protection of it's citizens. Fela opened another pocket on her backpack, one of specialty design for holding berries and flowers, and popped several berries and flowers off the surrounding blooms inside for later use. The berries contained less poison than the roots and were good for sleeping salves and teas, the roots were the highest concentration and this single plant could easily create several phials.

She had stalled long enough, Fela willed her legs to start walking forward and give some semblance of normality. Vhanet, tell me about yourself. Where are you from? She figured it was time to be honest with her, How did a Dhani find themselves this far north?

Fela struggled to keep her mind was wandering. This was a dangerous place and Fela was not a skilled fighter short of using her claws and teeth. If need be she could transform but instead she considered the blades in her pockets. She had never used throwing daggers before, so throwing them would surely just result in her losing them; however, they were still sharp and could stab someone just as well as any other dagger.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Yanessavhanet on August 2nd, 2011, 7:16 pm

Vhanet paused not far into the Garden as she noticed that Fela was not longer following behind her. When she turned around and found the Kelvic cautiously entering into the Garden she blinked in curiosity. Was the woman afraid of the Garden? Perhaps disappearances there were more common than she realized, or maybe rumors of her actions had start to spread? Probably not, with how quickly Fela seemed to overcome her fear.

Vhanet's curiosity was sparked once again when Fela began digging around a plant, and she slowly approached to observe closely. Crouching down next to the woman she softly asked, "What are you doing, Fela? Are you a collector of plant and berry, or maybe you know about healing with a plant?"

She was tempted to make a joke about a cat playing with plants, but held back for now. There was the slim chance that Fela know of making poisons, and any extra knowledge in that regard would be very useful to Vhanet. Useful enough to warrant more friendliness on her part, much like with Seidaku.

When Fela stood up Vhanet did as well, but she paused at Fela's unexpected question. Briefly she considered denying the declaration of her race, but decided against it. Fela had not shown any real knack for deception, and perhaps Kelvics had some way of recognizing Dhani. That would certainly explain how that other one had known to run away from her.

"I'm from Ahnatep, and I found myssself in Alvadasss becaussse I wanted to come here. I'd heard talesss of it, and wasss curiousss to sssee it for myssself," with no further need to disguise her race she relaxed and let her words flow out in her natural accent, "How did you know I wasss a Dhani, Fela? Many I have met barely even know what a Dhani isss, much lessss believe me to be one," her tone was pleasant and friendly, like she was just having a friendly chat about the weather rather than the dance of revealing and seeking hidden knowledge about the other.
Yanessavhanet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fela Meason on August 4th, 2011, 8:04 am

Fela stared at the woman next to her, What are you doing, Fela? Are you a collector of plant and berry, or maybe you know about healing with a plant?

She smiled at that and stroked her bag lovingly and nodded to Vhanet. My...Fela trailed off and pictured Salida's face. Her pale skin flashed in her mind, her vibrant laughter and carefree smile. Fela's heart ached and tears filled her eyes. She quickly blinked them away. My bondmate taught me a little. I've never made any poisons before but I know the properties of this plant. Salida was very fond of it. She made the most wonderful medicines. I'm hoping I can follow in her foot steps. Fela slung her pack back over her shoulder and the women started their walk again into the garden.

Fela asked her questions and watched the surprise cloud over Vhanet's face. It was quick and her composure was quickly regained. Fela almost missed the flash of expression.

I'm from Ahnatep, and I found myssself in Alvadasss becaussse I wanted to come here. I'd heard talesss of it, and wasss curiousss to sssee it for myssself, The snake's natural accent was now heavy in her speech. All illusion had been dropped now that there was no need. How did you know I wasss a Dhani, Fela? Many I have met barely even know what a Dhani isss, much lessss believe me to be one.

Fela thought back to that day in the woods all that time ago. I met one once, a long time ago. I will never forget the smell. The musk of snakes. She stared Vhanet deeply in the eyes. I learned the smell of the Dhani that day and to never trust one. She smiled sweetly at her words. The tension between them was thick with distrust.

Fela cleared the air with a slight giggle. She placed her hands behind her back and twirled around taking in all the sights and sounds of the garden. The entrance where they came in had vanished into the wall of the maze and the hedges seemed to grow higher. Fela pushed all memories from her mind and focused on the moment. She skipped down the row trailing her fingers through the leaves and vines.
Vhanet, I'll race you. She wiggled her eyebrows and tore off down the path with reckless abandon.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Yanessavhanet on August 12th, 2011, 9:28 pm

Vhanet quietly took note of Fela's tearful eyes, and the mention that the plant could be used for poisons. Her bondmate was a point of pain and the plant could be poisonous, both valuable things to know, and so she made sure to remember such things for later use.

Vhanet widened her eyes in surprise at Fela's explanation as to why she knew what a Dhani was, and her tone took on the light airiness of surprise, "You met one Dhani once, and ssso don't trussst all Dhani?" she gave a small shake of her head, "That'sss a rather sssad view to take Fela. If I thought asss sssuch I would be fearful of you for being a Kelvic. The lassst Kelvic I met ssscreamed and attacked me when I tried to jussst help her," it was close to the truth, at least.

Briefly Vhanet contemplated not racing Fela, finding it a silly thing to do, but the fun of easily winning the race was appealing enough to get her to start running after the Kelvic. While she looked perfectly human her current form Vhanet was anything but, and so she was much quicker on her feet than anyone would expect of her appearance. Easily overcoming Fela she smiled at the other woman, "It'sss nice to do a light jog, isssn't it?" sweetly rubbing in the fact that she was much faster.
Yanessavhanet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext