[The Bizarre] A day in the life (open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Fela Meason on July 9th, 2011, 7:09 am

35th Day of Summer, 511 AV

Fela awoke with a strange feeling that morning. Every fiber of her being was humming with energy. Vague wisps of dream still clung to her consciousness like snowflakes melting into a puddle, only there for a moment but if you tried to capture the image in your mind they would melt away and disappear. She tried to recall the faces of her trip into deception but they only appeared to her as blurred figures which were neither male nor female.

Shaking away the feelings of unease she felt, Fela rolled herself out of her mountain of blankets and pillow thrown carelessly on the floor and stretched to the heavens. Fela glanced around at her shabby little "cottage" and heaved a sigh. It looked so lonely. It had no decorations or anything that said she lived there. The dwelling could have belonged to anyone, anywhere and at anytime. There was nothing that made it hers. An idea started to weave its way into the front of her brain. It tugged at her relentlessly and refused to go away.

She would bake something. The house needed to be filled with the smell of warm spices and delicious fruit,The joy of laughter from the local children as she handed out slices and above all just a sense of being home.

She glanced over at the sad excuse for a stove and shrugged. It would have to do. She stood and walked over to the table against the wall and pulled out the box underneath to assess her food supply: buckwheat flour, fish, chestnuts and jerked beef.

"Not really pie material..." she trailed off and pulled out a piece of beef to nibble on while she contemplated her choices. She could either sit there and eat sadly at the beef and fish OR should could put on a brave face and go out to face the public and go shopping. She opted for the public. The craving for elderberries was too strong to be ignored.

She grabbed her cloak from the back of the chair, fluffed out her hair, took a deep breath and barged out of her front door before she could change her mind.

Most days the sun shone brightly here in Alvadas; however, today it was an unsightly gray color everywhere you looked. No rain to be seen, no clouds either. Everything just seemed to be in monochrome. The people looked just as sad as the scenery. All the heads were hung low and their clothes seemed to stick to them as if wet or just burdened and heavy.

Fela looked from left to right to try to get her bearings in the ever changing city. Her house sat perched on the top of a large hill today and she had a wonderful view of most of the city, several streets down the large windowless building of the bizarre peaked out from among the other structures. Careful to avoid eye contact with any of the locals and keep her head low she made her way down towards it.

Last edited by Fela Meason on July 10th, 2011, 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is Fela talking, This is Fela thinking, This is text, and This is someone else talking.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Words: 149056
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2011, 3:31 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Fela Meason on July 10th, 2011, 4:22 am

The large doors of the bizarre loomed ahead. Men, women and children disappeared past them and seemed to be swallowed by the dark and mysterious building. Fela ducked into the door frame and walked down the small hallway that fed the stream of people into the main area of the shopping plaza.

She emerged into the light and open floor of the bizarre, Fela gasped with surprise. It was bigger on the inside. It stretched on for an eternity with little end in sight. She walked in and immediately the barkers started their pitch.

"Lovely lady, care for some fish? Freshly caught this morning."

"Sweets! Get your sweets! We've got honey, we've got Sarsaparilla. What ever you need to delight your sweet tooth!"

"Hey miss, can I interest you in a new dress. The shade is made perfect for your eyes."

Fela smiled politely at them but kept moving, she came here with a purpose. She pulled out her small coin purse and counted her coin: 10 gold rimmed Miza. Tucking her purse between her breasts she wandered from stall to stall marveling at the wares. Everywhere were brightly colored dresses, fragrant spices and ornate decorations made from all sorts of exotic materials.

A glint caught her eye at a nearby table. A set of small daggers were gathered by a small leather strap. They were so small you could barely see them among the larger swords and crossbows. Fela was decent at hunting and therefore could fight with tooth and claw if she needed to, but one thing she had never learned with her previous owner was how to fight with a weapon. It was a dangerous world out there and she would have to learn how to survive in it.

Fela notated the price and placed 5 gold Mizas in the owners hands. He smiled at her a little too long and his hand lingered on hers for one second more than she would have liked. She had an urge to hiss and yank her hand back. Fela instead just smiled and grabbed her purchase and headed away from the stall.

"See Fela, this day is turning out perfectly normal. You know, downright boring. No one is laughing or pointing, everything is working out just fine." She thought to herself and took a deep breath. "No one is going to rob you, no one will attack. Stop acting crazy." Fela muttered to herself and tried to control her anxiety which had developed after recent events.

OOCSelf Moderation - Traded 5 gold Mizas for 5 tiny throwing daggers
This is Fela talking, This is Fela thinking, This is text, and This is someone else talking.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Fela Meason on July 11th, 2011, 7:41 am

Clutching her new knives to her chest Fela moved on to the next stall in search of the blessed Elderberry she had been craving. After what seemed like hours of going in circles, numerous "accidents" and many apologies she finally found what she was looking for. Banged up and bruised from the abuse of the stall corners Fela nearly cried for joy when she spotted a banana peaking out from between the arms of the fellow shoppers. She attempted to wiggle her way towards the stall but was getting swept away by the push of bodies attempting to get the best deals. Out of all the hundreds of stalls here in the bizarre, everyone seemed to be concentrated on this little circle of shops which made it impossible for her to get to the one she needed.

Frustrated Fela let out a loud growl and proceeded to push her way into the people forcibly. One stubborn native stood in her path like an oak, he towered over her at 6'5" and had a bushy head of brown hair. His muscles bulged from his arms in unnatural patterns and his veins pushed against his skin. He smirked down at her and refused to budge from his spot located firmly in front of the stall advertising aphrodisiacs boasting of strange ingredients promised to boost the moral of any man.

Taking matters into her own hands Fela stood on her tiptoes and leaned in like she was going to kiss the man softly on the cheek but at the last moment rolled out her long tongue and licked him jaw to temple. Shocked by the strange behavior the man squeezed himself as close to the person in front of him that was socially acceptable and allowed her to pass. His unhappiness radiated off of him and Fela was almost a little afraid he would take a swing at her as she went by. Despite her fear she held her head high and smiled at him as if nothing was wrong and made her way closer to her fruit.

Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Yanessavhanet on July 11th, 2011, 6:53 pm

Vhanet had gone to the Bizarre this day without much intent of shopping. Much as she had done in Ahnatep she was here just to wander and see if she could find anything interesting. For a time it seemed that all there was were the typical strange assortment of items, and especially that horribly deceptive food. She wouldn't have minded much if the food had been crafted towards her tastes, but humans didn't eat raw meat. So she steadfastly avoided any of the creations offered her way.

Finally her dark eyes spotted something, rather someone, interesting in the crowd. It seemed she had managed to stumble upon the Kelvic from the other day. She looked different wearing actual clothes, but a little time watching the short creature move about and Vhanet was sure it was the same woman. It would be fun to play with her again, and especially without Seidaku there to require a pretense be kept up for.

Nimbly moving her way through the crowd Vhanet drew up close to the Kelvic. Once she was close enough for easy conversation she called out, "Ah, R! There you are! I had been worried that you might have been hurt after the other day. Are you feeling better now?" she smiled a warm and pleasant smile as she spoke.
Yanessavhanet
Alt of Alenias, Deceptive Seductress

Words: 83625
Joined roleplay: February 9th, 2011, 4:37 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fela Meason on July 12th, 2011, 9:29 am

Seeing her destination ahead Fela had a little more wiggle in her step and excitement in her heart. The small fruit stand sat squashed between two large clothing stalls and was manned by a little old woman in her late 50s. Her back was arched and appeared to be made of waves. Long gray hair framed her face and was tied off at the nape of her neck in a very loose knot. Fela was close enough to almost taste it, reach out and touch it, when she heard a familiar voice call out. Fela scented the air, snake. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Plastering a smile on her face and stifling a soft growl she turned around to face Vhanet.

Vhanet, what a pleasant surprise. I'm feeling much more myself these days. You know, things get a lot better when people aren't trying to kill you and what not. Fela smiled but crossed her arms in a defensive position. Looks like her average day was turning out to be a lot more interesting.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Yanessavhanet on July 14th, 2011, 4:10 pm

Vhanet gave a surprised sounding gasp at the Kelvic's words, bringing her hand up to cover and open mouth in a show of shock, "Kill you? Why would anyone be trying to kill you?" not that Vhanet couldn't think of many reasons why she would want the woman before her dead, but it was so much more fun to at least play the game for now.

Lowering her hand again Vhanet gave a sweet little smile to the woman before her, "I am glad you are feeling better though. Have you had any luck with your memory yet?" she gave a laugh that was tinged a bit with nervousness, "You ran off the other day before we could really get to know you."

Perhaps if the Kelvic still was having memory problems Vhanet could have some real fun in playing with her. Maybe she'd even get a new toy out of it, but Vhanet wasn't sure she was eager to have a mangy Kelvic following her around.
Yanessavhanet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fela Meason on July 14th, 2011, 10:31 pm

Vhanet seemed shocked by Fela's statement which was odd since she was standing right there when the swirling blackness of the void had been opened and threatened to consume every living thing around it. Fela scoffed softly but tried to keep her face neutral.

"I am glad you are feeling better though. Have you had any luck with your memory yet?"

Fela thought about the question, should she play dumb or tell her the truth? She didn't trust this woman and didn't want her to know she was back to being sharp as a newly forged sword. Shaking her head and a bright smile painted on her face Fela replied No, still very foggy. Her face turned very sad. I've been sleeping on the streets she ran a hand through her hair. By begging I've been able to save enough money to buy some food today and something to defend myself with. The streets can be quite dangerous after dark. Fake tears filled her eyes and she projected a face of looking lost and confused. Someone should pay her to be an actress.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Yanessavhanet on July 19th, 2011, 3:05 pm

"Aw, you poor thing," Vhanet offered in feigned sympathy, and then she brought up a hand to lightly brush against the Kelvic's cheek, "You have had a hard time. Maybe I can help make it better?"

Putting a warm smile on her lips Vhanet moved her hand from the woman's cheek to rest lightly upon her shoulder, "My lover, the one you met the other day, would probably be willing to let you live with me and him, and I might be able to help you with food. I would like to have a pretty woman like you not be terrified of where you will retire for the night."

Vhanet slid her hand down along the Kelvic's arm, and then attempted to lightly grab at her hand, "Come, we can go find him and talk about it now," she flashed the Kelvic another warm smile, "I know we did not mix well when we met before, but I do not want to have harm come to you."

As much as she might not like dealing with the Kelvic again Vhanet took comfort in the half truth of her words. She did not want to see any harm come to the Kelvic that she didn't cause herself. If anyone was going to skin or devour this large cat it would be Vhanet, and herself alone.
Yanessavhanet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fela Meason on July 20th, 2011, 3:50 am

Fela fought the urge to pull back from the woman's touch on her cheek. The offensive hand in question ended on her shoulder instead. Where the hand had been now felt cold, a cold that burned Fela down past her skin and deep into her muscles and bones.

My lover, the one you met the other day, would probably be willing to let you live with me and him, and I might be able to help you with food. I would like to have a pretty woman like you not be terrified of where you will retire for the night.

Her stomach felt uneasy, it turned flips as Vhanet reached down and grabbed at Fela's hand. Come, we can go find him and talk about it now, I know we did not mix well when we met before, but I do not want to have harm come to you.

Fela's face was left dumbfounded. The woman seemed concerned in earnest. Now, the truth may be that she wished Fela harm deep in some corner of her brain, but her current actions were starting to prove Fela's fears wrong. Maybe not all snakes are cut from the same cloth. Fela slowly turned her mouth into a meek smile. If you insist, it would be rude of me to turn down such a generous offer as that one. She turned and looked longingly at the fruit stand. Her hopes of baking a pie were slowly vanishing. She thought about her home and all her possessions there. Thankfully she owned little that anyone would see fit to steal in her absence. She turned back to the woman with a watered down version of the same smile and nodded.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Yanessavhanet on July 21st, 2011, 2:49 pm

The Kelvic's acceptance and willingness to follow Vhanet served to make her smile all the more real with satisfaction and excitement. It was always fun to start a game with someone new. She paused in her steps though as she noticed the Kelvic looking longingly at a stall that sold fruit. Could it be the large and vicious cat liked to eat fruit?

Still with her warmest smile on her lips Vhanet turned, still holding to the Kelvic's hand, and made her way the short distance to the merchant and their fruit stand. Her nose crinkled slightly at the almost overwhelming smell of the food, but she still smiled at the merchant, "Would you give me," she paused, and then turned a questioning look to the Kelvic whose hand she still held, "What would you like, R?"

Normally Vhanet wouldn't dream of buying something so unappealing unless she planned to use it in crafting a poison, but in the game of gaining an animals trust and loyalty food always helped. If she could get into the Kelvic's heart then she might well have another fun toy, but failing that she'd still be close enough to easily rip it out and delight in the woman's pain.
Yanessavhanet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next