[Syliras Location] Recruitment Office

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Eachann Marshall on August 14th, 2012, 3:31 am

As he listened to Ser Erik speak, the young drykas emeritus found himself remembering life in Cyphrus. In the Windsong Pavilion, or even in Endrykas. He thought of the Laws, the sanctity of clan, the respect and deference due the Ankal. The work of one towards the benefit and security of all. The similarities to the ideals that the weather beaten man were espousing tightened Eachann's chest. Ever since his exile he had sought acceptance, inclusion... he had thought those things lost to him. And yet...

“My name is Eachann Marshall.” He offered in response to the question. “And yes, I can use the javelins, I can hit a glassbeak in the torso at a full gallop.” Again he blocked out the memory of the event that gave him that knowledge as he continued. [b] “I am a fair rider, and some skill in equine husbandry as well.” Eachann found himself anxious of a sudden, hoping against himself that a place would be found for him, a chance at redemption and acceptance...
Eachann Marshall
Player

Words: 35956
Joined roleplay: July 18th, 2012, 12:11 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Chevalier on August 17th, 2012, 7:02 am

Savitaire

Each Dhani had two main choices when wearing the skin of the Human. They could hide their identity completely and mix in with the Human folk with relative ease, or they could divulge their true nature and take a gamble at how the rest of society would judge them. Worst case scenario would find one strung up or dead, best case they would just be viewed with suspicious, or perhaps a hint of subdued hostility. Syliras wasn't the most accepting city, especially toward non-Humans. The Knighthood however had several non-Humans within it's Order. Those individuals had earned their place, and were given the trust they so rightfully deserved. Of course that didn't mean that they weren't still viewed with caution by the civilians of the city, or by the folks from other cities.

"C'mon in." the rustic voice of Ser Erik called out. He was a working man all his life, although various injuries on the battlefield had left him tending to paperwork. Regardless, even if he couldn't be swinging his weapon about anymore he was still far from retired completely. "That's right, step right in here young man, names Erik Rainstrom. Looking to join the Knights are you? Well have a seat, don't be shy. You've got a decent build there son, used to working outside? Roughin' it in the wild? Just taking guesses, but I'll let you get to telling me about you. The Knights are always looking for reliable, honest folks with honor and integrity. Teaching a man to swing a sword is one thing, but teaching a man to be a good man is quite another."

Tork

Tork was looked at with sideways glances as he entered the Dyres District in order to make it to the recruitment center. That much would be typical for someone of his appearance. The sheer size was more than most folks were used to seeing. Even the seven foot tall Akalak here and there seemed to be dwarfed when you compared them to the eight foot tall...whatever Tork was. Many couldn't believe he was a man at all.

"Alright now, step right in and have a sea--actually on second though perhaps don't have a seat. Hate to sound inhospitable, I'm just not sure that old piece of timber could handle you." Ser Erik said with a slight chuckle, bringing a cup of some hot, dark liquid up to his lips. A few droplets of said drink clung to his facial hair after he brought the cup down following his brief swig. Placing the cup down upon his desk he utilized his one good arm to groom his mustache for a moment. "Name's Ser Erik, Sergeant for the Syliran Knights here. Clearly you're here to inquire joining the Order, but I've got to ask, what exactly are ya? That IS why you're here right? We don't get too many folks that need to duck through doorways round these parts."
Chevalier
Knighted by Dusk

Words: 117750
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2011, 6:50 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Tork on August 17th, 2012, 1:36 pm

It was hard to believe he was a man and it was just as hard to deny what you could see and feel. The people were puzzled and bewildered at the titan. But he wasn't a hairy guerilla with fangs and grunts beating his chest, to be feared and outcast. The people knew it wasn't right he stuck out like a sore thumb but strangely he blended in. As if his far stretched human form did give some level of comfort. Recognized as an oddity and not a monster his guise fulfilled it's primary roll.

The sergeant was a nice guy from what Tork could tell, probably a fierce warrior in his prime. He enjoyed the mans pleasant attitude and demeanor the most, not every day you meet somebody that strong and charismatic a regular people person. Tork found it easy to open up to the sergeant when he asked questions.

When the jamoura spoke, he gave himself away it sounded like a loud but low pitched growly rasp almost intimidating if it wasn't for his facial features which expressed that he was happy and utterly delighted.

Aye, I'm known as a Jamoura.
Looking human keeps the peace, I'm an intimidating looking fellow without the disguise. Giant ape walking down the street might cause problems and I'm not looking to have that.

Indeed you are correct, I wanted to inquire about the order I believe in what it stands for. It's a life worth living protecting your values and way of life, I believe in peaceful resolution of conflicts but the problem is there are people that can't be reasoned with that would watch mizahar burn if they had the chance.
I simply cannot sit idly by and allow that to happen.

Oh wow pardon my manners I've seemed to have misplaced them Sir Erik , my name is Tork it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance.
Tork
Player

Words: 5635
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2012, 1:37 pm
Race: Jamoura

Postby Savitaire on August 17th, 2012, 2:34 pm

Savitaire walked in looking around at the office a moment before talking. “Its harder to teach a man to believe he must do good, such choices are either learned…or seen and desired. I do not know if I am a good man, but I try to do good instead of harm.” He sighed “My physical build isn’t from work, its just part of who and what I am. I wish to join the knights because I feel it is the best place for me, the place I can do the most good, even if it is a risk that I am here. I feel I must do this…”

The cryptic response was probably putting the man either on edge with worry or curiosity, but then again neither, he knew not. “My name is Savitairess Ssanssiffnoss, but call me Savitaire, I’m a constrictor Dhani. I wish…to put my abilities to use for the good of this city, I am physically able to do things most cannot on their own and I have some skill with hypnotism. I do not want it known except by those who need to know about what I am, its easier to reveal what I am on my own to those I choose than to be viewed with so much hostility at once. I wish to prove myself as myself before it is known what I am either way I will be judged, but this way when I am judged I will at least have actions done to weigh in others minds. Good men get acknowledged for their deeds and people remember even when they find out the man that did them is not human.”

Deeds lasted longer in peoples mind, a lot longer than someone’s race, if they saw proof he was a good man then what he was would matter less.
Savitaire
Snake of many smiles

Words: 69037
Joined roleplay: August 6th, 2012, 7:11 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Chevalier on August 22nd, 2012, 8:11 pm

Septimus

"Hm, I see." the Sergeant nodded slowly, his thoughts working hard at figuring out exactly what to do with Septimus. After a bit of deep thinking his eyebrows raised up and he relaxed back into his seat, "Well, it has long been said that the Taiden Warhorses were created specifically for the benefit of Syliras and the Order. With that, I can't find any reason why I could deny you. It's just a matter of you showing the capcity to become a Knight as you progress through your Squireship. There will be things expected of you, some which may be difficult. However, the Syliran Knights have long utilized the unique skills only certain folks can provide."

With that, the Sergeant took his time going over several key questions with Septimus. Mostly he quested what she knew of her upbringing, what particular sets of values and ethics she had managed to learn thus far in her short life, and most specifically if she had any potentials she was looking at for bondmates. He had to ensure her heart was true and that she had the determination to overcome the trials of a squire. It wasn't until she answered as comletely as possible that he could finally say, "Well Septimus, we will welcome you to the Order. The first task is to set you up with a Patron Knight, as well as get you fitted for armor and a uniform."

Eachann

"Glassbeak at full gallop you say? I'll put down a Miza to see that. I'd say there would definitely be a place for you in one of our more mobile units like the Cavalry. Having some riding skills and being able to utilize a weapon like the javelin is a boon on horse back, in fact one of the most time consuming things to teach a squire is how to care for and fight on a horse." he continued, his eyes narrowing. Though slightly lightened with age they appeared sharp as the day he himself was a young Squire strapping himself into his harness for the first time.

"In fact, I've already got a Patron in mind. Ser Bedard was always quite adept at handling himself on a horse as well. He's got a good eye and keen control with a bow and short sword. He's got some youth to him himself, I think you two will get along well." that and better Eachann than some young Squire lass the Sergeant thought to himself. "I'll make sure to get a meeting set up between you two. There's just some questions I have, nothing too intense, routine things. Assuming all goes well we'll be off to get your outfitted with the proper equipment you'll need for training. Equipment is meant to be used and returned at the end of your Squirehood, so don't lose it. You lose it, you buy it." the man said with a slow chuckle, "But I don't think you'll need to worry about that."

OOCYou'll be next Sav and Tork. Eachann and Septimus, you can essentially consider yourselves full squires. If you want to post a final time answering character related questions that's fine. Most of them would just involve questions about your parents, your childhood, your ethics, what honor means to you, if you're spies or agents of Rhysol, that sort of thing :D.
Chevalier
Knighted by Dusk

Office

Postby Chevalier on October 8th, 2012, 5:48 am

Savitaire

"You say some pretty interesting things there. Ain't too many Dhani's in the Knighthood. Maybe it's because Humans don't feel comfortable around them, or they don't feel comfortable around Humans. Who knows." the older gentleman said with a bit of a shrug. Licking the fingers of his good hand, he peeled back the pages of his stack of parchments, his eyes moving back and forth from it to Savitaire, "You've got the right spirit though. Ain't nothing wrong with wanting to prove oneself here in the Knights, in fact I prefer it. The older Knights, heh, well we break down over time see. Need the young blood to step up and take the reins. You treat people right and work hard, and people will see past the race. Thing about becoming a Knight is we're all on the same team. We're Knights before we're anything else. Now some folks have a bit of trouble remembering that, but over time when you work with enough folks, you learn the intricacies of different peoples."

"But..." he paused momentarily, yanking a sheet of paper out from a stack with a certain level of deftness before slapping it down in front of him so that he could write upon it, "Beyond all that, first things first. I imagine you'll want to know how this whole Knighthood thing works. See every man, woman, and child starts out as a Squire. Some folks are Squires for years, some folks are Squires for days. The purpose of the Squirehood is to ensure the Knight life is right for you, and to pair you with something called a Patron Knight. A Patron is responsible for you while you're a Squire, see. They work with you, train you, and teach you the ethics and values that makes a strong Knight. Not only that, there's different segments of the Knighthood, from infantry to cavalry to Warrior Mages. I can make suggestions, but it'll be up to you to determine just what kind of things you want to focus on, this way I can place you with the correct Patron."
Chevalier
Knighted by Dusk

Office

Postby Savitaire on October 8th, 2012, 6:10 pm

Savitaire simply listened, he had his own ideas why most of his kind would not choose as he did, but kept them to himself. “I know two knights already, it was their actions that made me certain of the choice in choosing to come here. Henrik Thaldrin and Markus Andres, if I had the option to choose I think I would to be squire to Markus since he is familiar. He’s got qualities that seem to fit with my own, if he’d wish to accept. My only issue that I might struggle with is horses, they know what I am and it makes it hard to gain their trust.”

He knew that he’d have to find the right animal to ride and that would take time, but everything else he didn’t think would be a problem. He just hoped Markus would be able to take him on or even be willing to have him as a squire.
Savitaire
Snake of many smiles

Character sheet

Postby Keshta Maric on October 21st, 2012, 8:55 pm

1st of Fall, 512 AV

Keshta pushed the door open slowly. She had been to the office before, with her father and aunt. She knew what Ser Erik looked like, and that, though he was certainly a formidable warrior in his youth he was not someone she should be afraid of. But his grizzled complexion was not the reason Keshta felt like leaping from her skin, and the familiarity of the office did little to calm her nerves.

She walked in quickly, holding her head as straight and high as she could. The rough, brown fabric of her skirt whipping about her ankles. "Ser Erik, my name is Keshta Maric. I am the daughter of Cauldor Maric, formerly a knight in White Company of the 4th regiment, Gold Quadron. I- Ser, I would like to become a squire in the service of Syliras." She looked about her awkwardly, her bright eyes flitting from the corners of the room to Erik's scarred face and retreating again. "Please."
Keshta Maric
Does not approve of you.

Words: 25981
Joined roleplay: October 21st, 2012, 7:04 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Chevalier on October 31st, 2012, 7:22 pm

Savitaire

"Markus Andres..." Ser Erik began, leaning back in his seat, "That boy...well, I suppose he's past being a boy now..." quickly his words ended. It appeared as if there was more the aging Knight was prepared to say, but his tongue was stayed, leaving him only to nod and finally agree, "Very well. If he'll accept the arrangement, then I can place you with him. As far as trouble with a horse goes, their trust must be gained, just like any creature. Do not be fooled into thinking that a Taiden Warhorse is like any other. Them strapping equines seem to understand honor and dedication as well as any man. Work hard for them, and they'll work hard for you."

Pulling out a sheet the Sergeant had prepared earlier, he slid the form in front of the Dhani. Upon it were questions of a fairly generic nature. Name, age, next of kin, things that would aid in keeping track of the man's records as well as his progress within the Knights. "Let's get some information from ya and get this show on the road. With any luck you'll be getting outfitted by sundown tomorrow."

Secret :
Alrighty, Sav, for all intents and purposes you are a Squire, though you're free to reply a final time to the thread if you wish. You can feel free to start doing Squirely things as needed! Keshta, I shall be replying to you shortly.
Chevalier
Knighted by Dusk

Office

Postby Savitaire on October 31st, 2012, 8:08 pm

Savitaire filled out the paperwork easily enough, his age being one hundred and fifty years might raise an eyebrow, but while his life was half lived he was still in his prime. He had no other kin, even if he did he’d have left that blank, everything else was essentially mundane. “I thank you…”

With that he stood up and took his leave, those steps being the first in a new path to his long long road ahead.
Savitaire
Snake of many smiles

Character sheet

PreviousNext