[Blood Pits] Fortune here I come! ((Done))

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Blood Pits] Fortune here I come! ((Done))

Postby Darik on July 11th, 2011, 1:19 am

25th of Summer, 511 AV((daytime))

Occ: Some quick things. If this thread ((somehow)) reaches six people it becomes private. If you want to read more about the blood pits read here.

The blood pits were truly a ferocious sight. Two men stood there in the middle of the arena fighting to the death. Only one of them would be leaving the pits alive, and each one naively hoped that they would be the one. The men weren’t the important part to Darik, the money that people were interchanging interested him more. People constantly betted on who would win, and if they lost their bet, they handed over the money peacefully. Scum like the inhabitants of Sunberth wouldn’t do that freely, so there must have been some security enforcing the decisions. Unless Darik was missing the obvious, there was none in site. Not to dwell on the laws of Sunberth, he decided he wanted to bet on the combatants. He wasn’t one to waste his money foolishly, so he decided to find out some background on the next fighters. He decided to go to a person who gossip was in its job description, the barkeeper.

The barkepper’s establishment was pretty close to the pits, so the onlookers didn’t have to miss much time getting alcoholic beverages. Darik walked up to the counter facibg the barkeeper, and he couldn’t figure how to start the conversation. He pretended to examine the man’s wares. Barrels, barrels, and you guessed it more barrels! Each barrel had a little snapper. A snapper is a white doohickey that when pushed down causes the beverage to pour out of its hole. On the counter, were these white glasses that the man probably put the beverage in. They looked cheap, so he probably didn’t reuse them. Of course Darik didn’t know the workings of a shop like this for sure; he had never drunk alcohol before. Sure he had tried to mug people, put them at knife point, and watch them fight to the death, but he had never had alcohol. That was deeply engrained by his parents. But then again when had he ever obeyed his parents?

After a few minutes of awkward silence the man said “Are you going to buy something?” The man had started to tap his hands at the counter obviously irked about having a kid taking up his valuable time.

“I am not sure, because I am underaged.” he said trying to buy himself more thinking time.

The man broke into a grin. He was missing half of his teeth, probably lost in various brawls. “When has that ever stopped anyone else? So are you going to buy a drink? If not beat it kid.”

“Umm…”

He then noticed Darik’s hand that was perched on the counter. A look of fear crossed his face as he saw the yellow and grey swirls.

“Nevermind, stop talking to me now kid. Don’t make me call the hounds on you, for loitering. I don’t want to be associated with you people.” Darik didn’t realize what the man was saying, it was just a tattoo afterall.
Last edited by Darik on July 25th, 2011, 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darik
Troublemaker

Words: 231903
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2011, 5:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

[Blood Pits] Fortune here I come! ((open))

Postby Tarelde on July 11th, 2011, 2:16 am

25th of Summer, 511 AV (Midday)

Tarelde really wanted something to drink, preferably Alcohol. She was coming from the Blood Pits after having enough of them and noticed the Barkeeper's Establishment. She came up to the counter to hear the ending of the conversation between a Boy and the Barkeep who had said "Nevermind, stop talking to me now kid. Don’t make me call the hounds on you, for loitering. I don’t want to be associated with you people."

"What's the matter Barkeep? You should be nice to the kid, seems normal enough to me." Tarelde said. She has the Mark of Avalis though her's is on her forehead where it's more obvious. The Barkeep responded quietly after glancing at her forehead with "Look at his hand." Tarelde reached out and gently grabbed Darik's hand with the Gnosis mark and then after looking at it set it back down and told the Barkeep "Get me 2 gallons of Ale, here's the money." The Barkeep got the Ale and Tarelde gave the man 5 sm instead of 4 sm.

"Keep the extra." She told the Barkeep. "Boy, come over to the table. We'll discuss what's on your hand." She said to Darik as she walked to a table nearby and motioned for him to follow.
Tarelde
Player

Words: 8306
Joined roleplay: July 9th, 2011, 4:47 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tulapa on July 11th, 2011, 2:38 am

Tulapa had been roaming the city for quite a bit, and had somehow wondered into this violent place. She looked around in awe, but also in shock at the men fighting each other so violently. She wasn't sure if she was dressed wrong or oddly, since what she was wearing was what she always wore, but people were looking at her strangely. She wasn't sure what to do about it , but she was thirsty and soon noticed a man selling beverages, and made her way towards him. She overheard the conversation between the barkeep and the lady and tilted her head to the side wondering what was going on. She had a peek at the boys hand before he was pulled away and the marking on the ladies forehead and smiled enthusiastically.

She walked over to where the boy and the lady where sitting and crouched down on her knees, while looking up at them with a smile. She pointed at both the boy's hand and the woman's forehead "interesting marks..." she said to the both of them. She didn't talk to people much outside of her tribe and family, so she didn't know much about other people or markings of any sort.

"Why did that man tell you to leave" She asked cocking her head to the side. She was a naiive girl, but she loved to learn about all things new, whether they be good or bad.
Tulapa
Player

Words: 6042
Joined roleplay: July 10th, 2011, 8:34 pm
Race: Chaktawe

Postby Darik on July 11th, 2011, 2:10 pm

“What's the matter Barkeep? You should be nice to the kid, seems normal enough to me."
A random woman came from the pits with a weird tattoo on her forehead. The tattoo was a red lily that was glowing ever so slightly. It was simply beautiful, unlike Darik’s tattoo. Each lily petal was crafted to the smallest detail making the lily look real. Or it was a real lily trapped in her head. Not going to rule out that option either, because Mizhar thrived on magic. The lily wasn’t the only weird thing about her, no there was other odd features bundled in the package. She was dressed in all white, like she was holy or something. Then there was her hair that was almost pure with a few specks of light yellow sprinkled in. Their was something about her that just didn’t seem human, unless she had never seen sunlight before.

Then she grabbed his hand without his permission. Isn’t that the definition of harassment? She only held it for a few second though, she seemed interested in his tattoo. What is with people and their interest in his skin?

"Get me 2 gallons of Ale, here's the money." “Two gallons of ale, women? You gotta be crazy. You gotta have like a bottomless pit to drink that much drink. Seriously have you ever seen a gallon of milk? Its heavy and it holds a ton. Two gallons of ale by theory could drown someone. Or make someone really drunk.

Boy, come over to the table. We'll discuss what's on your hand."
Hold on a second, she demanded ME to come to her? What city is she living in? He considered all the options. She seemed combat ready; a huge longsword was slung across her back. Maybe running away wasn’t the best option. He decided to follow her advice and sit down. He walked over to a wooden chair and tried to sit down. He misjudged his trajectory and ended up sitting on thin air. After falling down he pulled himself back. He then grabbed onto the chair making sure this time it didn’t move. Once he was secure with his chair and body parallel to the table, he thought about how to progress the conversation. One of the best ways was treat it like he had valuable information.

Before he got the chance to talk, a woman with copper skin walked over to him. After she crouched, she commented about his and the white women’s marks. Odd… Then again most people in the world were odd, so it didn’t matter.

“I can tell you all about it…for a price.”
Darik
Troublemaker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tarelde on July 11th, 2011, 2:55 pm

Tarelde giggled, a polite soft giggle, when the Human missed his chair. Before Tarelde started to say anything in response to anyone, she chugged the 2 gallons of Ale, setting the empty containers aside. To the copper skinned woman who had approached the table she said "You'll know soon enough."

She then turned back to Darik, once more eying his hand to see the hurricane swirl of greys and indisposed yellows, and then she began to speak "So boy, I assume that you think that your mark is merely a tattoo, and that mine is as well. You would be sorely mistaken however. Your mark is the Gnosis Mark of the God Zulrav, and it's a curse mark. To incur the anger of Zulrav is not a wise thing. I bare a Mark of the Goddess Avalis, for I am Konti and, just as all Konti are, I am but a child of her."

"Before I continue any further, I'd like to know your name. And just how you got that mark." Tarelde finished. By the end of her speech, one could tell the ale had begun to take effect. Her shift to a much more relaxed posture, and her slightly more glassy piercing blue eyes, gave that much away.
Tarelde
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tulapa on July 11th, 2011, 3:20 pm

"I can tell you about it...for a price" said the boy with the odd markings on his hand. She tilted her head again to the side wondering why she would have to pay the boy for something like that. Before she could hand the boy some money, still unaware of why he would want it, the other woman spoke up. The woman with the odd markings on her forehead had drunk all of what she had bought by now, She must have been very thirsty was the only thought that came to Tulapa's mind. She continued to crouch by the table, she didn't mind not having a chair, she was quite used to it. She was more fascinated in what the pure-like woman called a Konti was talking about.

She continued on about the Gnosis mark of the God Zulrav and how it is a curse, but the boy didn't look like a bad person, how could he have incured such a wrath from a God? "Before I continue any further, I'd like to know your name. And just how you got that mark." the Konti had only made Tulapa more curious about this. She had only gone over to look at the beautiful yet odd markings on these two people, instead she was getting a story. Her kind were very fond of stories, being told and telling them as well. Tulapa had only ever had her markings painted on, seeing markings that were marked on a person from a God, well that was simply fantastic whether the others thought so or not. "He doesn't look like a bad person to me" she mentioned under her breath, she was baffled as to how such a young boy could be already cursed by a God. It didn't seem fair that this would happen to the young boy, nor did it seem fair that he was being treated rudely by others for what he had.
Tulapa
Player

Postby Darik on July 11th, 2011, 4:37 pm

The women just downed two gallons of ale. TWO GALLONS!!!! Darik saw this as an opportunity to steal from her. He couldn’t act right away because sometimes it took a few minutes for the alcohol to seep into the person’s nerves. Once she was helpless drunk though he would make away with all of her possessions. The women crouching could be a problem, but he figured he could outrun her. Its not like she looked like a threat, she acted like a simpleton. Maybe he could even get her to help him in the robbery.

“So boy, I assume that you think that your mark is merely a tattoo, and that mine is as well. You would be sorely mistaken however. Your mark is the Gnosis Mark of the God Zulrav, and it's a curse mark. To incur the anger of Zulrav is not a wise thing. I bare a Mark of the Goddess Avalis, for I am Konti and, just as all Konti are, I am but a child of her.”

Women are you a mind reader? If you were you would already know my response, gods don’t exists! You would think a wise adult like you would already know that by now. And if there was gods in Mizhar, which there aren’t, they would never intervene in the lives of mortals.”

She was starting to get more relaxed, so the alcohol must be setting in. He would wait a few more minutes to see if she would get groggier. If she did, his job would be as easy as stealing money from a blind man. That metaphor isn’t true because blind men don’t have money, but it doesn’t matter. You know what I mean.

"Before I continue any further, I'd like to know your name. And just how you got that mark."

Darik scooted his seat away from the table and put his legs on the table. He then spoke trying to persuade them to pay up.“Hay women I am serious, you pay me some five silver mizas I will tell you my name and how I got the mark. And if you don’t want to pay that other women looks like she wants to hear it. She will be enlightened while you will be stuck in the dark. Anyway I am a decent storyteller in my own right; it will be an enjoyable experience.” Okay the last part was a huge lie. Darik had never told a story before, but it couldn’t be too hard. It was just like speaking, and we all know Darik is a master speaker.
Darik
Troublemaker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tarelde on July 11th, 2011, 10:47 pm

Tarelde raised an eyebrow and then, with a glare, began to talk extremely quietly "I'm trying to help you the best I can and instead you disrespect my Goddess, and the God which cursed you. And I will not pay you a single copper miza, as there's no point, as I'm sure like everyone else in this town you'll lie just to take our money." At this point she got up, wobbled a bit, then proceeded around the table and put her head on his right shoulder, and then proceeded to whisper in his ear.

"What do you think these scales are boy? Now I know why Zulrav has marked you once, if he marks you again with a curse, you're as good as dead." Then Tarelde said to the copper skinned woman "I know a lot of things, but I cannot know why Zulrav gave him a curse, and indeed cannot see if he truly is bad or not." Tarelde then slowly, half-stumbled, her way to her original seat and sat down heavily. The alcohol had taken full effect by this point, but she was still dangerous, even if she was fairly drunk.
Last edited by Tarelde on July 11th, 2011, 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tarelde
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tulapa on July 11th, 2011, 11:16 pm

Tulapa looked back and forth to the both of them, she indeed would have payed the boy for a good story. She thrived on stories, but the woman was getting angry at the boy, and Tulapa wasn't sure what to do. "What do you think these scales are boy? Now I know why Zulrav has marked you once, if he marks you again with a curse, you're as good as dead." said the strangely pure woman to the young boy. Her eyes widened at this statement and started to panic on the inside. She did not want anyone to die, everyone had good in them, whether it be hidden or not, no one deserved to truly die.

She looked up at the boy with a worry-some face and back at the woman who was now making her way to the seat. "Wait here, I would very much like to hear your story" Tulapa said as she stood up and bowed before taking after the woman, she didn't want anyone to be mad.

She was also worried about the woman, she was wobbling on her way to her previous seat. She walked quickly over to the woman, and yet somehow managed to trip over her own to feet, falling against the pure yet dangerous looking woman. She quickly stood up and bowed apologizing for the rudeness she had shown. "I do not know this boy..but you know about his markings well...you should help him" she pleaded. She didn't want to pry into peoples business, she usually didn't, but when it came to someone having the chance of having death at their door, she took no precautions.
Tulapa
Player

Postby Darik on July 12th, 2011, 1:03 am

“Yada, yada, yada.” Darik said flapping his hands to indicate to the women that he wasn’t listening to anything that she said. Though on second thought, he did have one argument against her.

“But I have the so called “mark” upon my hand.” When he said the word, mark, he held out two of his hands straight into the air. He then bent his two fingers to show how the word he uttered was circumstantial.“Making everything I say have evidence. Unless you disagree with the god’s yourself. Now because you have insulted my honor,” Another laughable excuse if they knew him. “I am going to depart. If I ever see you again I will demand a duel to satisfy it.” He then lowered his legs off the table trying to be polite. Using his calf muscles he rose into the air. He forgot to scoot the chair back, so it caused him to stumble. He caught himself on the table so no harm came from it. He pretended to walk towards the pits, while in reality he was looking if the women had any valuables. He couldn’t find any, so he was pissed. All she had was that huge longsword. All this conversation, and he didn’t receive one Miza! Because of his anger when he got a good six feet away he said “By the way the god Avalis sounds sucky. If she has followers like you she must reside in the ghettos.” He didn’t say this without a plan. The woman was drunk, but he had no measure of her skill. She could be acting to throw him off guard, so he had to remain cautious. It would be easy to leave from his current position, all he had to do was run through a series of tunnels. The pedestrians were unlikely to interfere, but the girl on the ground might prove trouble. He hoped that she wouldn’t interfere. Of course all this thought could have been in vain, because she may not be the type of person to anger easily.
Darik
Troublemaker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Next