[Location] The Blood Pits

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Location] The Blood Pits

Postby Leviathan on July 11th, 2011, 5:37 am

The Blood Pits

Image If you enter the arena, you don't leave until your opponent is dead. If one combatant refuses to kill the other than they both risk being lynched, mobbed, or being killed in the streets. Most of the fights are to settle some kind of conflict or are used to settle outstanding debts, though there are a few that make some desperate coin by gambling on their own life and skill of sword. And on rare, special occasions there are tournaments with some kind of significant reward for the sole survivor, either Mizas or a chance to make a name for yourself in the Den, not to mention all of Sunberth will know you by name, cheer for you as a champion, and worship you for two seasons and eventually forget about you as a new champion takes your place.

The pits themselves are in the old mining tunnels to the north of the city, just outside the Wolf's Den. All of the fighting takes place below ground with an audience both above and on the same level. Bets are allowed to be placed by whomever and there is no regulation, but on occasion some enterprising individual will toss odds around and book various agreements. There are no waiting rooms or training areas, no weapons are provided, though gambling men have been known to provide gear for their desired victor. The combatants bring their own equipment, that of which belongs to the victorious fighter upon death. If one of the participants does not have their own gear then they fight with their hands. No one cares about fair in the Blood Pits.

ServicesThere are no official services in the blood pits other than the fights. If you haven't been placed there by force than you can usually make a few mizas for fighting, or even ask the Pit Bull for some training. Assuming he's not busy cleaning out bodies that is.

NPCs

The Pit Bull

Image A giant of a man, the Pit Bull was once a simple farmer. Until he fell in debt with Dastana, that is. Forced into the Pits by Karis, Dastana's Hound, the Bull quickly became the most brutal, ferocious fighter to ever grace the 'arena', killing his opponents with sheer brute force and a terrible tenacity. Outside of the ring the Bull is in charge of the Pits and sees to the fights and dispenses the prizes. He also takes care of cleaning out the bodies, but he rarely bothers with scrubbing out the blood, leaving the pit floors caked in red.

Skills - Brawling 62, Weapon: Greataxe 54, Body Building 56, Intimidation 41, Teaching 25, Tactics 33, Observation 25
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook