[Location] The Majestic

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Location] The Majestic

Postby Leviathan on July 11th, 2011, 5:54 pm

The Majestic

Image The Majestic is a small shop located deep in the twisting shadows and hidden streets of Stumble Alley. This shop, even by those who know of it, is rarely frequented. One look at the shop, the area that lies around it, and it becomes painfully obvious as to why this is. The place is spooky!

Stumble Alley was notorious for making people vanish without a trace with the exception of a few figures, and Doler the wizard is one of them, though it's not by some mysterious means. Doler is a wizard that owns the Majestic, and happens to be one of the few stores that gets away without paying tax or fine to any hands. This is because, nobody can get to Doler. Doler is paranoid, from what nobody is certain, but being powerful as he is, the man has shielded his own shop and home with various powerful shields, meaning that only he can pass through.

The front room of the shop is open, allowing anyone to walk in through that entrance, though the first room is nearly entirely barren except for traces of rat feces and cobwebs on the ground. The only notable features are the bookshelves along every wall with haphazard journals and horribly rotted books on them.

The next room can be found through a hidden door past the bookshelf on the far wall. The entrance to that room and the entire room beyond is heavily shielded from everything, except Doler himself, meaning he alone can come and go. Through the shield however, one can usually hear Doler from the otherside of the bookhelf. On the rare occasion that he keep the door open, he can be found sitting on a comfortable seat with several bookshelves (a collection of books was rare for mizahar, let alone Sunberth), and in the back, away from sight, he has a small lab of equipment to create poisons, potions, and even glyphs. And on those rare occasions his door is open, he can often be seen glowing as he's covered himself in shields for protection.

But he doesn't bargain for money, money is of no value to "Bashful" Doler.

NPCs

"Bashful" Doler

Image Bashful Doler isn't really bashful, but it's simply a nickname given to the man as a mockery for his paranoia (proven by his own self-sustained security of shields and glyphs). The man is known to be insanely smart and clever, but more so a genius of magics. Sadly, like most magicians who delve further into the studies than they ought to, Doler has lost his mind and now refuses even so much as the breath of another to touch him.

Doler is actually younger than he appears, though his occasional series of overgiving in his past has lead to quite a taxing effect on his physical and mental health. He never leaves home and never has humanoid contact, and he seems, at least from outside that heavily shielded room, content. He often trades his goods, poisons and potions, not for money, as he goes nowhere to spend it, but instead requires food, clothing, or other necessities. And so far, he has lasted two years in this state.

There's a rumor that Doler himself placed the shields over the catacomb doors in the Temple, but unless Doler was a Nuit (Which can't be proven or disproven), then he was much too young to have placed it there.

Skills - Shielding 97, Leeching 40, Reimancy, 76, Glyphing 55, Auristics 52, Poison Crafting 77, Piltering 66, Hypnotism 73, various other magical abilities.
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook