[Location] Doctor Petricious's Clinic

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Leviathan on July 12th, 2011, 2:33 am

The Clinic

Image The Clinic of Doctor Petricious is an interesting place to say the least. Located at the edge of the Wolf's Den, Doctor Petrious resides performing countless despicable experiments for "the greater good of medicine and healing", though anybody who has sit in on a session with him and an involuntary subject will see that there's nothing medically relevant. The Doctor is a madman with a hunger for blood, screams, pain, tears, suffering, begging, and he loves every moment of it. Petricious's Clinic is so much more than a clinic.

But, it is still a clinic. The Doctor, when he's not performing experiments "for the greater good of medicine and healing", is actually busy fighting diseases, sewing up gashes (fighters of the Blood Pits frequent this place), and bracing shattered bones in splints. He's not cheap, but he's the only doctor in the whole town. Still, despite how well he keeps his work separate from his 'experiments', most of Sunberth refuses to see him when they are truly ill or hurt, because what's a festering infection oozing with puss compared to having your skin peeled from your back? That's how many see the place.

The Clinic itself is an old building, once a simple one-roomed house, where all furniture has been replaced with operating tables and cabinets of surgical tools. The place is far from clean, but Sunberth itself is no better for denying infection. The most notable feature of Doctor Pretricious's Clinic is not the clinic itself, but the shack behind it. There's a small building that actually steps below ground, a building strong and secured, barred and locked. That's where Petricious keeps his living subjects, be it before or after some experimentation. It is in there, that's what the people truly fear becoming a part of. Many passing people will tell you that you can often hear their screams of pain begging for someone to release them, but who would risk that fate when Petricious could be anywhere, looking for a new subject to abduct?

NPCs

Doctor Petricious

Image Petricious the Doctor, he is notorious for many many things in Sunberth, none of which he'll promote or deny. He simple doesn't care for Sunberth chatter and rumors, but he's not entirely segregated from the city altogether. It is known by some that many prominent faction leaders employ Doctor Petricious for various duties. The Doctor, who will sacrifice a perfectly good subject for the sake of large financial gain (which means more tools/subjects for future experiments), has been known to be excellent at loosening the lips of those under his scalpel. Torture is what makes the birdies sing, and Pretricious is second to none, and he loves to do it, pay or no pay.

However, Petricious oddly enough doesn't hold value in death. He is a doctor after all. Often times, if a subject has undergone tremendous experimentation and lived, but is so messed up he or she cannot be valuable for more, then they are released. More than once a year can you see a naked man smeared in his own blood, disfigured beyond recognition, stalking around the city in a haze of confusion. They don't usually live long in that state. Infection, fever, starvation, blood loss, insanity, and so on. The possible symptoms of being released are vast and each of them deadly.

Gnosis: 2nd mark of Cordas. 1st mark of Vexation.

Medicine 94, Philtering 80, Herbalism 76, Poison 59, Torture 79, Interrogation 72, Projection 60, Weapon: Hatchet 55, Weapon: Bonesaw 25, Rhetoric 40, Intimidation 80
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Tuic on July 12th, 2011, 12:51 pm

3th of summer 511

Tuic walked up towards petricious's clinic, ignoring the few anguished cries coming form inside the house, he came here to get a job not to try and bust out somebody else. Not to mention the more subjects the doctor has the less chance he would try and use him as one.
Taking a deep breath, trying not to puke of the smell of blood and other filth that wafted in his nose, to calm himself down a bit before he entered the doctors office.
“Petricious, I'm here for the job you had posted in the establishment.” he said in a loud and clear voice while still keeping a weary eye on the doctor. He didn't get the reputation he had by being nice and predicable.
Tuic
Player

Words: 13679
Joined roleplay: July 8th, 2011, 1:46 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Leviathan on July 12th, 2011, 1:07 pm

As Tuic Entered the Doctor's clinic, he found that this wasn't actually the place where moaning and demoralized cries were heard from, yet they sounded like they were just out back. Too close to be another building, an addition to this one more than likely. The doctor himself had his back turned towards Tuic, his massive leathery black robe kept his body safe from the dangerous of blood and sweat and tears of his patients. As Tuic closed the door, which banged against the frame in defiance because of the hinges were coming undone, the patient jumped slightly, a paranoid creature, and a scream of pain erupted instantly. The doctor shrugged, ignoring Tuic as he continued his work, humming in fact.

The patient bit into his hand as he lay across the table, wincing in pain as Doctor Petricious worked on stitching up a mighty gash in his leg, centimeters from death via bleeding out. "Aren't you a fortunate one. Lucky the Doctor is so good at his job. You know, I'm performing experiments involving research of common and rare diseases, as well as trying to map out the human body. I know, I know. You're thinking it's already been done, but not while it was still breathing. There you go! You are free. You can tell Dastana this makes us even yes? For now anyway. Good fighters are hard to come by." The patient, obviously a seasoned fighter in the blood pits practically ignored the Doctor's banter as he stood up on his newly stitched leg, and limped past Tuic and out the door.

The was silence for a moment, a silence only broken by Tuic's faint anticipating breathing and the Doctor's Musical-Box-Styled humming.

Then he turned, revealing nothing more of his appearance except green and brown color-blended eyes through the strange sockets in his obscure mask. A shield against plague, if there was ever such a thing to strike Sunberth. It was probably a miracle it hadn't yet. "It's Doctor Petricious. Doctor Petricious. You must be... what did they say your name was. Tarran? No, that was the fighter. Ah! My fearless assistant! Welcome to my clinic, our clinic now, yes? It's small. Do you know much about medicine?" Petricious asked because he probably had some assumption that Tuic knew nothing of braces and splints and boils and skin-burrowing parasites. Perhaps it was the man's appearance, which was more suited for the Blood Pits than the Doctor's Clinic. But really, who cares about details?
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Tuic on July 12th, 2011, 1:39 pm

Tuic looked as the doctor was working with a bit of morbid fascination, a grimace on his face at the grisly work that the doctor was performing right now, a bit disturbed by the fact that doctor petricious just kept humming an upbeat song the entire time, as if he didn't even notice the patient on his table screaming in pain. He pressed that thought away deep into the back of his head, telling himself that it wasn't stranger then a fighter who laughed while he was carving up his opponent.

So he just continued to wait as the doctor worked on his patient, carefully listening to the doctor as he was working, the fact that the doctor was talking about cutting open living people didn't surprise him anymore, the rumors told about much worse things that he did, not to mention the fact that he saw one of the released people from the doctor once and just killed the guy on the spot in an act of mercy.
When the doctor was finally finished with his bussines the man quickly stood up and limped away from the man as fast as he could, ignoring him completely. A few moments went by without anything happening asides the doctor's humming. Just as he was about to speak up the doctor whirled around and looked at him through the sockets of his plague mask and began to loudly correct him on his title before beginning to ramble on.
“Of course, sorry Doctor petricious, no my name is Tuic, not Tarran and the only thing that I know about medicine is that you can't let dirt get into wounds or they get infected. But no better way to learn then by doing isn't it.”
Tuic
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Leviathan on July 12th, 2011, 1:46 pm

The Doctor and his oversized bird-resembling mask nodded slowly, as if taking the dirt-in-wound statement seriously as medical experience. Nevertheless, he had more important skills the Doctor wanted. Muscle. The Doctor wasn't much of a heavy lifter himself. "Your apology is known, your forgiveness is to be earned. Welcome to my clinic, again. I don't get a large amount of patients here, even though I'm the only doctor in town (and there's somebody in Sunberth that makes sure this stays that way), but I charge well for my services. I can pay three mizas a day..." The Doctor Petricious reached into his robe pocket and pulled out three small golden coins, and tossed them to Tuic. "There, for today's wage. I'll have to teach you a little medicine, a little surgery, and how to do research, but when you learn some, I think I can pay you more. How does this sound Mr. Tuic?"
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Tuic on July 12th, 2011, 2:30 pm

Tuic's eyes did widen a bit in surprise as the doctor told him how much how he would earn for working with him when he didn't even know how to tie a bandage! He quickly caught the 3 golden miza's the doctor had thrown at him and shoved them into his purse and continued to listen to what the doctor was telling him.

“That sounds good to me to me doctor petricious.” Tuic said. The fact that he would get even paid better with time sounding almost to good to be true. Still the doctor didn't seem to be joking rightnow, though the mask did make it hard to tell.
“Well when do we begin with me learning those things? I'm ready to begin when you are.”
Tuic
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Leviathan on July 12th, 2011, 9:43 pm

Doctor Petricious shrugged his shoulders as he ushered Tuic out the door, only to be followed by the doctor himself. "Perhaps tomorrow. I have no patients left today, so you can take a break. I have research to do. I'll have something for you to do when you come next time. Good Night Mr. Tuic." The doctor nodded with his massive Bird-shaped mask and stalked around the side of his home/clinic, all the while humming that same tune that sounded like it belonged in a music box. For now, Tuic had nothing to do, and even earned a few coins for it. Luck like this was rare in Sunberth.

OOCYou can start a new thread for any date you want. You can do solo threads, work from Petricious but never control the doctor himself. Without moderation, Tuic can 'collect' subjects for Petricious or perform medical duties on patients, but you may only perform actions with the Doctor's torture/interrogation chamber with moderation.

To earn your seasonal wages, you are required to complete 3 separate threads of Tuic doing work for Petricious, be it modded, solo, or a group thread. If you have questions, feel free to ask.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Musca on April 1st, 2012, 2:29 am

Timestamp: Spring 10th 512AV

She had smelt the Clinic before it came to view.

Metal, corroding metal.

With one whiff, she could already tell that this was the place for her.

It looked innocent enough, a little building that blending into the normal Sunberthian environment. But then there was the smell- of blood and rotting corpses and the distict sounds of cries that she vaguely caught from the back of the building that could not hide from her senses. When she pushed the door open, the scent slapped her across the face, momentarily made her step back from shock. Inside, the mixture of sweet rotting apples and copper intermingled with old disinfectant bewildered her completely.

Unconsciously, she pulled the cloak in her body close in an effort to hide her wings. Musca had heard the rumours that surrounded the 'good' doctor and she simply wasn't ready for his tools if he turns her away.

"Doctor Petricious?"A timbre of uncertainty coated her tone. "I'm here for a job."
Musca
derp derp derp derp

Words: 68348
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2012, 5:41 am
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes