(Flashback) Wild Souls Cross Snowy Paths (Fela Meason)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Zanril on July 24th, 2011, 6:08 pm

OOCUser Fela Meason granted me permission to decribe minor dialogue and actions of NPC Salida
Zanril made an exasperated sigh and promptly scooped the blind girl up in his arms. W-What are you doing!? Put me down, we have to stop Fela! Her open hands pounded against his chest and her legs kicked in protest. That's exactly what we're doing, girl. Zanril stooped, picked up her deerskin bag, slumped it over his shoulder and jogged toward Fela's location with a confused girl in his arms. Fela had put everything she had into moving, and for a while there was no sign of her. He could tell the girl was uncomfortable. He looked down at her for a moment. Cute. Finally, Zanril caught sight of her near a small cabin. He sprinted to the fallen cat, gently set down the girl and ran over to Fela. She was unconscious and her bandages were blood-stained. Your cabin? Zanril asked the blind girl. He didn't dare tell her Fela's current condition. Well, I suppose. Do you see her? Is Fela all right? Uh, just... stay there a bit.

Zanril took off his packs and dropped them on the snowy ground. He checked her chest. She was breathing regularly. He opened the cabin door, still breathing hard from the jog. He squatted and slid both his hands under the jaguar, careful to avoid her injury. After his hands were positioned fully under Fela's body, he moved closely to her and heaved with his arms, legs and back. She was quite heavy, and Zanril was just barely able to lift her, his legs bent, slowly taking a step at a time. He gave the cabin door a kick, and it flew open. He placed her limp body on a fur throw near a fireplace. Zanril then dashed out the door and took the girl's hand. She looked terrified. It's me, Zanril said. Come with me and help Fela. He walked her over to the fallen cat and put her hand on Fela. She gasped with relief as she began feeling Fela for injury. Her wound's pretty bad. I'll help you redress it.

Zanril unwound the bandages, removed the square medical pads, dabbed off the puddle of blood from Fela's leg, and applied a bit more salve. He then replaced the pads and wound fresh bandages around Fela's leg. After he was finished, he let out a sigh of relief. That stubborn cat almost got herself killed! He did feel bad for her, though. She must have been deeply disappointed in herself. He would make it a point to visit them sometime. After saying goodbye to the girl, who was still quite shaken, he picked up his packs and was off. The girl told Zanril that Fela was okay, but would need some rest. He was off to find something important, though. A loose end that needed attention. He hoped the girls would be safe on their own.
Zanril
Contrite Adventurer

Words: 17338
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2011, 5:55 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Fela Meason on July 26th, 2011, 9:08 pm

51st Summer, 510 AV

Salida hated being blind sometimes. Everything was moving so fast and she had no idea where Fela was or if she was safe. All of a sudden Salida was in the air and surrounded by muscular arms. He was carrying her? The two of them took off running in she assumed was the direction that Fela had gone as well.

Your cabin? Zanril asked her. She nodded and answered him as he dropped her in the snow instructing her to stay put. Worry turned her stomach into knots. She huddled inside the warm furs Zanril had placed around her. Her riding boots protected her feet the best they could but she was losing all feeling in them. She wanted to be near a raging fire but she would not budge until she knew Fela was safe.

Salida nearly jumped out of her skin as she heard the door to the cabin bang open and the crunch of feet in snow vanish. A moment later he returned and took a hold of her hand and led her inside. Instantly the bitter cold of the outside started to fade. She could feel the warmth from a fire, they must have left it burning. She shook her head in disappointment. Her father always warned her never to leave a fire going. It was as if today was a warning from the gods of the danger they were putting themselves in. The wolf seemed to be a messenger of misfortune from Dira herself.

Relief washed over her when he led her hand to touch fur. She was alive. Salida could feel Fela's chest rise and fall with her breath. It was beautiful. Tears filled her eyes again out of joy this time. She sometimes hated herself for being so weak and putting Fela in these positions. If she was just a stronger person or had the good sense to die already then she could not be causing so much pain to her wonderful cat.

She helped Zanril re-wrap Fela's bandages and reapply the ointment, mostly she just got in the way but she provided instructions when needed and comfort to Fela always. The large cat had regained consciousness and and whimpering softly. The job done she felt the air stir as Zanril stood to his feet and announced he had business to take care of as he whisked out the door. At the last moment he turned and bid his proper goodbyes.

Fela, you did a very stupid thing today. I'm glad you are ok, but you are never to frighten me like that every again. Salida said sternly and stroked the top of the jaguar's head.

Fela grunted a response but thought to herself,
Doesn't matter what you say. I would gladly disobey you if it was only to keep you safe. The cat's lips twisted into a slight smile and she drifted off the sleep with the blind girl's hand buried in her warm thick fur.
This is Fela talking, This is Fela thinking, This is text, and This is someone else talking.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Words: 149056
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2011, 3:31 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Zanril on July 28th, 2011, 5:57 am

Zanril shuffled away from the cabin, relieved this ordeal was over. It had certainly been an interesting day, and he had a lot to think about. Right now, however, Zanril had to think about other business. He had left his kill--his and Fela's kill, rather--lying in the dirt. There may have been something else, too. Zanril trodded off to the site of the kill, his breath hanging in the cold air and his boots plodding along in the snow. It was afternoon now, and the wind was getting chilly. Finally he saw it--the wolf corpse lying in the snow. Thankfully nothing else had taken it.

Zanril walked over to the animal and crouched. He closed his eyes and focused everything on the sounds of the forest. So many birds. Finally he heard it, like a soft whisper. Small, soft whimpers coming from one direction. Her pups. Zanril knew they'd die if left unattended. He could just walk away and let things take their course, but Zanril would never do that. Not to such young ones. Zanril slowly walked toward the whining whelps. He looked around cautiously, knowing their sounds could attract hungry creatures. Zanril stooped by their den--a dug-out hole underneath a fallen tree--and scooped up the pups, one by one placing them in his pack. They would be cared for at the Frostfawn Hold.

Zanril shivered. He left his jacket with the girl. No matter, all the more reason to visit them sometime. Zanril walked back to his kill, grabbed its leg and began the short trek back to Avanthal. He was getting hungry. What a day.
Zanril
Contrite Adventurer

Words: 17338
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2011, 5:55 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Aspen on August 3rd, 2011, 11:55 am

Character: Zanril
Skills: Wilderness Survival +2, Longbow +2, Storytelling +1, Medicine +3,
Lore: Almost Shooting a Stranger, Kelvics (Basic), Applying Slaves, Applying a Bandage, Wolf Pup Rescue
Items: One field-dressed wolf carcass.

Notes: Great posting for you first thread Zanril, though do try and watch out for god-modding. You described a few of Fela’s actions before she had posted, so try and avoid doing that in the future unless you clear it with the other pc beforehand. Also, I’m sorry for no tracking lore, but I didn’t feel your brief mention was quite enough. If you want, there is an article here that might help you a little.

Character: Fela Meason
Skills: Unarmed Combat +2, Running +1,
Lore: Teasing the Icewatch, Almost Being Shot by Accident, Letting Your Feline Side Out, Retaliation Against Bigger Foes, Being Calmed by Stories, Pulling on Inner Hope, Trying and Failing to Stay Conscious
Injuries: A deep wound on Fela's leg. Will take just over 2 weeks to heal enough to stop being a hindrance (stiffness, pain and the like), and a further 2 weeks to heal completely. Will scar.

Notes: Hopefully there are enough lores to satisfy Fela ;) I would have given you more skills (and lores), but Salida was the voice for a lot of the later posts.

All in all, great thread! I really enjoyed reading it, keep it up!
Lhavit Lore | Lhavit Forums | The Shinya | Zintila

"The stars are the jewels of the night,
and perchance surpass anything which
day has to show."
- Henry David Thoreau
Aspen
Your Local Tree

Words: 89936
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 10:13 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook