[Location] Goldfinger's Loan Agency

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Location] Goldfinger's Loan Agency

Postby Leviathan on July 13th, 2011, 7:21 am

Goldfinger's Loan Agency

Image Are you ever in debt with someone who wants to kill you because you're broke? Are you planning on getting married, but can't afford the perfect wedding ring for that special man or woman in your life? Are you in from sea and your Ship is damaged, but you have no money to pay for repairs? Then lucky for you, Goldfinger of the Sun's Birth is here to loan you tons of money!

Goldfinger is a crafty man, a business man, and like everyone else, craves money. Goldfinger himself is a master swindler and is notorious for a single thing, and that's his business as a Loan Shark. If you borrow money from Goldfinger, you are borrowing money from the Sun's Birth, and that means when you pay back your debt, you pack back a considerably larger amount than you took out. It's more common than not that Goldfinger will give out hundreds of Gold Mizas, but demand sometimes up to twice the amount in return by next season. It's a risky business for Goldfinger, putting that much gold into the pockets of strangers, but the Sun's Birth does a damn good job in making certain that nobody who has a loan can leave the city. Rumors say that Goldfinger has men as silent and numerous as shadows to follow those who borrow big from Goldfinger, and that any attempt to board a ship, ride a horse, hop into a caravan, or walk out of town results in a swift abduction and return to the Gated Community.

The Loan Agency itself is in the center of the Gated Community and is one of the Sun's Birth's greatest income businesses, which makes Goldfinger a prominent member and decision maker rather than a lackey or common extortion victim.

NPCs

Goldfinger

Image Goldfinger was giving his name seasons ago when he first proved to be a genius of business politics and an expert and bringing in money. Extortion, he approves of it, but does not deal with it personally, rather, this good looking clever young man can swindle life savings out of people, or keep them paying into his pocket for years. It's all shameless scams, but when you have the power of some of the scariest men of all Sunberth at your disposal, then you'll find that people will pay what they are told they owe.

Goldfinger is fairly short, but far from a thin man. He seems to be impossible to persuade or convince of anything that strays from his typical greed and envious ways. When Goldfinger has a prospect in mind, he finds ways to force their hands. A small loan at Goldfinger's can be a lifetime of regret, or a missing family. Goldfinger isn't above abducting children, women, or even murder to send a message. His money owed will be paid, no matter what.

Skills - Persuasion 40, Rhetoric 40, Intimidation 30, Larceny 35, Observation 40, Negotiation 40, Business 60, Haggling 55, Gambling 30

Owned by the Sun's Birth
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook