Using an NPC in a self-mod thread

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Marlow on July 13th, 2011, 12:14 pm

Am I allowed to do this? To create an NPC for the sole purpose of teaching my character certain skills at the novice level or should I ask an ST for moderation?

"No, it doesn't start to come back. The knot's like everything else. I just found the rope and I did it."
— Jason Bourne, "The Bourne Identity"
Marlow
"It means driftwood"

Words: 22906
Joined roleplay: June 27th, 2011, 7:59 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Caelum on July 13th, 2011, 12:53 pm

Yes, you are allowed to do that with permission from a mod. PM the DS or an AS of the city you plan on doing the thread in. Your other options are to ask them to do a modded thread with you or to ask a fellow player to guest mod for you.

Remember that you only need permission for NPCs with high skill levels, gnosis or positions. Essentially, anything that would make the person something other than run of the mill.
Caelum
The best way out is through.

Words: 1093768
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)