Nothing Happened (Vala,Ven)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Darren on July 13th, 2011, 9:51 pm

Date: 79th of Summer, Year 511

A hard day's hike, an interview with the Valintar, shaking down a woman for info, dealing with an over given reinmancer and dragging said woman to whatever loding he could find. Darren woke up to an alarming amount of darkness and the smell to that of the Inarta that laid alongside him. He blinked twice as he realized the position he was in, trying to recall the day before. Nothing happened, I was just so tired from all the work he had to do the other day and well... after carrying Vala to the commonrooms and quickly renting out a room for both of them this happened. Vala was sleeping on her side with Darren right behind her. While they slept that night his arms established itself at the most comfortable places possible, the underarm wrapping himself around her waist and his overarm holding her tophand.

He took a quick moment to realize the situation he was in, at a lost exactly at how or why he was in this position. Or whether or not he should do something about it. After another panicked moment until he calmed down Darren shrugged unperturbed as he snuggled closer, in ay case it was worth any recuperation that would soon come. Probably. Maybe make myself more comfortable while I'm at it? he thought silently as he raised his leg atop Vala under the covers.
Last edited by Darren on July 21st, 2011, 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
The original PC of Miria and Bolivar

Darren
I Dare

Words: 346232
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2011, 12:53 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Nothing Happened (Vala)

Postby Vala on July 19th, 2011, 3:24 am

Her mouth was desert dry, coated with coppery flakes. Her muscles were sore, even her joints ached. She tried to move her fingers, to curl them into a fist, but even that was excruciating. The slit on her right palm, a painful reminder that refused to loose its hold of shame, was red and raw: still slightly open. Her left palm slit was also torn, but not as inflamed. Too afraid to open her eyes, and realize the full extent of the damage, Vala took her time feeling everything out. Even just the pure physical pain was better than knowledge of things far worse.

Once she was sure nothing was broken to the point where she would need a healer, and the pain was just her body telling her it was doing its job, Vala began to ask other questions: 1. Where am I? 2. What happened? Two simple questions, but jam packed with loaded answers.

With a moderate amount of will power, Vala pushed past the pain; it wasn’t that hard. She forced her senses to focus on thing outside her body. Her energy was drained, and she couldn’t move, but she was beginning to realize that it wasn’t just because she didn’t have the energy, but because she couldn’t at all; something was pinning her down. Her right palm was throbbing too hard to ignore, so she could barely make out the faint pressure of something encasing her hand. Though she could definitely feel the hard, firmthing that she seemed to have fallen upon. It was a little uncomfortable, pressed against her lower ribs, but in her sleep she had adjusted enough so that it was now tolerable in consciousness. Vala’s had yet to open her ruby tear stained eyes. There was also something heavy pinning her legs down to the lumpy, yet not too hard surface of whatever it was she was laying on. Current Analysis: Question One barely answered; Question Two yet to be awknowledged.

Is that breathing?

Darren stirred. Stirred?

Vala’s body, too fatigued to move in any controlled manner, reacted instinctually. Priority #1: Defend the body at all cost. Still unsure of what was pinning her down, only with the growing suspicion it was a man – Vala’s mind was still too hazy to remember Darren – began to panic. It did the only thing it could do, in its situation. With an agonizing show of will, Vala turned her hand until her palm, with its open cut, muscle sinews visible past the delicate skin, until it was pressed against the thing pinning her down: it hurt like hell.

Before her mind could process anything, the body had already decided: what must be done, must be done. And without a semblance of control Vala began to produce res from her right palm. She was too tired to produce much, no more than a few gelatinous drops. Her left palm itched as well, but thankfully nothing spilled out. Then, once nothing more would come out, she ignited it.

Nothing more than a spark, stifled by the flesh of both Darren and Vala. As any mortal reimancer, especially a novice one, Vala was not immune to her own power. She whimpered silently as the new searing pain threatened to send her back into the shadows of her unconscious.

Sorry for the wait :
I'm cool with Ven joining if you are.
For Me to Know, And You to Find Out

VPVCSMPMOAPACS
Vala
Crimson Beauty

Words: 439124
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2011, 7:22 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)

Nothing Happened (Vala)

Postby Darren on July 20th, 2011, 12:27 am

Ah... much better. Now I can really relax. The vantha closed his eyes as he drifted on to a heavy slumber. If Vala didn't prod him he would been to far off to even notice the slight embers she produced. The slight whimper alongside the fleshy feel of Vala's hand caused him to draw back on reflex, though still keeping a firm grip. Almost simultaneously Darren felt a burning sensation as he instinctually moved farther back or rather, sent himself to the floor as he yelped out in pain.
ImageHaving little space to start with he quickly found himself in a slight sensation of hanging before he was sprawled out on the ground. Darren quickly patted himself, only to find whatever had disturbed him has been long gone. Darren groaned to himself feebly before he sighed pathetically. "Great way to start the morning" Going through the laborious motions of pushing himself up his body groaned in protest as it his muscles ached slightly. Only another reason to hate boats, I haven't been keeping myself as conditioned as I normally had. The feelings of fatigue were slightly stronger then usual given his lack of activity but he would have to fix that soon.

Pushing himself off the ground, he otherwise kept himself away from the crazed woman that was all to eager to antagonize him. Putting one hand atop the bed sheets he peeked his head out slightly to see Vala's condition. "Vala... why did you do that?" Darren couldn't help but grumble slightly as he pulled himself up. More sighs and moaning followed as the Vantha turned to stretch. Yawning loudly Darren did everything he can to wake his body up, his stretches increasing the flow of blood, increase the amount of oxygen intake in him through the extended breathe, anything that could get his systems to start up.

Though to his dismay it might have worked too well... Turning back to the Inarta he was sleeping with just moments ago, he noticed a strange knot like feeling. However the sensation wasn't in his stomach, looking down Darren whistled slightly impressed at the "knot" that formed in between his legs. Whether it came from the stretching or was there before either them decieded to wake up it still left the two in with a potentially awkward situation. "Whoa eheh...." he stammered slightly as he walked away slightly, strategicly showing Vala his back rather then his front. "Sorry, I might have been feeling lonely"

The Vantha didn't even bother to turn back as he spoke, rather he took advantage of the lull to grab his coat from his backpack. His hair was in disorder as usual but he would have to try acting as if there was nothing wrong. Like how he conveniently 'forgot' he kissed the same girl the day before. Yes! In fact... if he was lucky they would never have to speak of either of these moments again. He would have to meet up with Vala another time maybe but right now he just wanted to clear any confusion they might still have. Darren had finished putting on his longsleeves before opening the front door. Poking his head out and looking both ways, he looked to see the Warrens were relatively clear. Now would be a good time to leave without any witnesses seeing the brash pair.

"I'm sorry about that" he finally offered as he turned to look back at Vala. Whether or not she followed his lead and started dressing didn't matter to him as he took a place besides her. "I... just am longing for missing special someone... It has been a long time since I had someone to sleep besides. We have been separated for great length" With that the Vantha was done sharing his sob story as he motioned Vala to follow. "I'll walk you home. You ready to go?" Regardless of the answer, Darren moved to gather whatever remaining clothes Vala left before having them both move out of the room and into the Warrens.

oocHow dare you do something in this thread! T^T On other news, Kk I sent Ven a PM ^^ He'll fit into this thread nicely

Darren
I Dare

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ven on July 21st, 2011, 2:19 am

When it was the time of day that Ven had to deliver his last message it was the best time of day. No doubt he had a lot of stamina in him if he could walk around most of the day, but today he just felt powerful as the urge to finish early never left his body. It just so happened that he found Vala and another man coming up close to him, he smiled a happy smile but kept his eyes averted from Vala when he came close. The guy she was with didn't really intrigue him much, but although he kept his eyes close to the floor he knew that he was standing awfully close. Closer than Vala wanted anyone really, which struck him pretty odd.

"Hi Vala, done working for today?" He avoided eye contact, as well as looking towards the face. Instead he used his peripheral vision to find something odd, his roommates hair was strangely......messy. Not that messy but messy enough that even he could tell, that was something odd as well. Why does Vala....not look like Vala right now. It confused him to see these two things that weren't at all natural to him, because to him the way Vala treated him was natural. Why was this so? What was going on??? This finally kicked his senses in gear, as he could smell the horrible smell that humans would give off after workout or something....it covered them both and was quite strong. "Are you..." He nearly looked at her in the eyes, but shifted his attention just in time to make a recovery. Looking toward the man, he didn't know if he was in a caste or a Dek like him but he didn't care to look toward the general face area; just not the eyes. "Are you both friends?" He gave a smirk, as clearly he didn't want to make the statement "mates". Still, he had to know who the guy was before assuming such a thing. "I'm Ven." He would say that he knew Vala as a friend, but didn't want to "embarass" her or anything. Mainly his interest was in the guy though.

He had another scent to him, one that sort of showed....dominance. Was he in heat? The idea was possibly true, but Ven couldn't help but feel this quiet laughter inside of him. Still Ven was curious, though his instinct said that he was just some guy he still wondered if this man had more than that would meet the eyes. If there's one thing Ven learned well when living with Vala, it's was studying people. Vala was different and even though he hardly spoke with her, he knew more about her than she cared to share. Now it was this guy's turn, and Ven was ready to learn much about him.
Ven
Player

Words: 40692
Joined roleplay: April 12th, 2011, 1:46 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Vala on July 22nd, 2011, 7:33 am

The pain was refreshing; Vala sobered up quick. She recognized that voice. ”Darren?” Vala mumbled. Pushing with her forearms, hands balled into fists to protect them from more exposure and pain, Vala sat up. “Oh Priskil,” Vala hissed, pressing her wrist hard against her temple. Her head spun as the blood drained; her skin paled until it was gray and ashen.

Fate was not particularly kind that morning. Vala just regained full lucidity just as Darren turned to face her.

Vala was naïve, but she wasn’t stupid. She knew what that was… that thing… there… she knew… she did, honest. She also knew that guys got that kinda thing during the morning… well because… yasi girls talk, not because she ever… well not before. This was awkward.

Anything: anger, sadness, happiness, disgust, basically any emotion, Vala could deal with, but put her in an awkward position and Vala was stupefied. She would have preferred if he had turned out to be some crazy abusive rapist and tried to kill her… instead of awkwardly standing in front of her with… gah this was so awkward.

She mutely listened to his story, feeling dizzier than ever. She mewled in compliance, unable to form a full sentence. It would probably take another hour before the sticky shame of situational discomfort would shed, flake by flake.

They walked in silence. Vala reluctantly took point. Darren kept close to her, closer than she normally let people, but again, she was still too dazed to do anything about it. Vala blushed angrily, when she spotted Ven, more specifically, when Ven spotted her with Darren. She had no idea what was going on. Her senses were horribly dulled; she could barely make out faces, let alone read them. Vala felt horribly vulnerable.

Was a Dek smirking at her? Seriously? A dek? Vala puffed up her cheeks, gradually hissing out the heated air. Now she was angry and uncomfortable. Still with no idea with what was going on. Vala probably needed some medical attention which she would promptly refuse, but still, some food would have probably helped. Right now she just wanted to sit down, but she wasn’t going to admit to that. Vala just puffed up her cheeks again. Her face was an unnatural mix of tones of grey and red. She closed her eyes, wishing everything was just a very, very vivid bad dream.

VPVCSMPMOAPACS
Vala
Crimson Beauty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Darren on July 24th, 2011, 1:06 am

Darren beamed widely as his eyes glazed over. If Vala looked she would recognize that same look from when things started to go badly for her. Though she might have had too much from yesterday. Looking at Vala now her complexion in want and her expression grim, Darren benevolently decided to save her from this situation. At least for a little bit. Taking a step forward he placed himself between Ven and Vala, staring down at the small redheads ominously.

"Yes we are. You Vala friend too?" He smiled pleasantly as he took stock of Ven. If he was the way he acted around her was rather... unusual. What type of friend is Vala to make a full born man to avoid eye contact. Or is it because of the feelings? Yes... the feelings, I can use such a character. "Really good friend too? Like me?" Perhaps the suggestion was too subtle but he can build on it later. Still the tension with Ven's appearance had to be approached and what better way to get acquainted then with some breakie? "We should have breakfast together. Vala can you show us where you sleep? We can get ready there."

oocSorry my post is crap, I would like to get going though. Writer's block is making me uncreative atm. I just want to talk to Ven asap and say horrible lies about what me and Vala did last night to Ven.

Darren
I Dare

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ven on July 24th, 2011, 4:56 am

Ven didn't know whether to feel stupid or strange toward this guy, one thing that he couldn't stand was when someone bigger than him approached him in such a way. It was as if he was being challenged, intimidated in some way that really set him off. In short his instinct decided to kick in, and before he could think about what he was doing he was already acting upon impulse.

With a friendly smile to hide his hateful scheme he answered with a certain glee in his eyes, "Oh of course. Vala and I know each other real well, practically roommates in fact. She's been helping me learn a lot about humans this past season, in fact I'd probably be a lost fox out there without her." His expression was showing something that Vala should no doubt be familiar with, it was the same expression when they found their way into the Enclave. The same euphoria and excitement had kicked in now, as a new game had finally wormed its way into Ven's mind. "Breakfast does sound fascinating, in fact I was just finishing up with my job since there was little messages to send today." He felt like challenging this man, to show that though he may not be as big has him he still had brains. He thought to see if Vala would catch on, or if she would care really; not that he did though...after all he found a new game to play.

"Lucky me!" He cheerfully exclaimed, but as to switch the language up a bit to throw the man off. It seemed to work for a moment, but he didn't wait for the situation to wane. "Anyway, shall we continue?" Without any thought he gazed directly to the man, not to challenge but to show him that Ven wasn't afraid. Dek or not he was the one that appeared to challenge Ven, and Ven wasn't going to back down on this one; he made sure to smile the same smile he knew Vala hate just so she would know that he no longer worried about it.

OOC :
Yea I wasn't sure what language Darren spoke, so I assumed Nari. Thought it would be interesting to put Darren to the test though. ;)
Ven
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Vala on July 24th, 2011, 6:55 am

Why would they need to get ready in her room? Her room. Vala cringed, clenching her hands into tight fists, until they were horribly blanched. Priskil give me strength. She prayed. It had been a long time since she had done something like that; it wasn’t enough, but Vala didn’t want to risk giving in her control just yet. She was starting to remember bits and pieces of what had happened the day before: something about her shell killing a man. It wouldn’t have been her first. Vala groaned. She was too weak to be dealing with this right now! Gritting her teeth, she forced herself into a pained lucidity, her heart racing hard enough to bruise her ribs. I will get through this.

The guys were being stupid. Straight up, just stupid. Vala could barely see a few feet in front of her and she had already caught the gist of their inarticulate discourse: Ven thought she had slept with Darren last night (pffff, as if); and Darren was trying to figure out if Ven and her had something going on long term (good god, did she look like a friggin harlot? (The answer is no – just in case you were still wondering)).

“Priskil, do I need some breakfast.” Vala mumbled. “Let’s get this over with.” Vala was cranky; she didn’t have enough energy to care. But she wasn’t tired enough to ignore the bullcrap the guys were starting to generate. Vala took a deep breath, filling up her lungs with the fresh morning air, only to release it as angry hot gas. She shot both the men a withering glare, daring them to mess with her. She really didn’t care if they continued to strut like puffed peacocks, they could out right measure for all she cared, but all as long as they didn’t try dragging her into their business. Once she was sure her disdain was physically palpable, she began making her way to the kitchens. Damn her disheveled hair and mussy clothes – she didn’t care what people thought right now, as long as it meant her stomach would stop consuming her from the inside, out.

OOC Note :
Ven and Darren - From now on we are all speaking common unless otherwise specified.

VPVCSMPMOAPACS
Vala
Crimson Beauty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Darren on July 24th, 2011, 8:07 am

Practically roommates? Learn about humans? Lost fox? Darren raised an incredulous eyebrow at the last part. A kelvic. Probably fox. Not as big as the ones back home. The Vantha's eyes started to droop at the new information, so far his experiences of their usefulness led to little. Well... that explains quite a bit. Roommates huh? More like pet. Though it brings to question why he said practically. That and the amount of deference he shown towards Vala. "Good to hear. I am looking forward to talking with you."

Watching as the kelvic yipped and screech out in response, it was only natural for Darren to chuckle slightly as Ven urged them on. However, the Kelvic merely stared instead of leading them. "You going to lead the way or just stand there gaping?" Darren blinked twice before he grimaced at Ven, the little guy was starting to get on his nerves. Not too far away, the vantha didn't notice the quick preparations Vala made before she broke the slight confrontation between the two. "Erm, sure thing." What's with her?

Darren looked back slightly distressed as Vala shot them a glare, that was the first time he saw the normally pleasant Inarta annoyed. What was wrong? I was just asking him if he knew about your little skill and know how. Sighing softly Darren followed in suit as he tried to keep up. This was also a first time for him, the communal kitchens, it's long tables and slates depicting food that he wasn't too familiar with at all. Asking for the same things that she ordered Darren would sit across from her before breaking the silence. Though they got a few odd stares from their appearance, the stony benches hurt, and the food was somewhat daunting none of that really matter if Vala was mad at him. "Is... everything okay?"

Yes not the most useful statement to start off with but Darren's choices were limited and his knowledge of common poor. He would have to endure until she finally calmed down, even though he wasn't quite sure what was wrong. "You are sure about this? Eating? You don't want to rest at home anymore?" He let himself give these compulsory questions before saying what was really on his mind. Giving a slightly look at Ven, he motioned Vala closer to listen what he had to say. "You were moaning so much yesterday and the spasms you sent out shocked me. I know that it hurted and I'm sorry I put you through that but can you please forgive me? I'm here to help."

ooc :
Dare is talking about what actually happened yesterday, he didn't catch any of the strutting around Ven was showing. Though Ven might not understand, basically Darren's trying to apologize for that and wants to talk more about it.

Darren
I Dare

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ven on July 25th, 2011, 12:30 am

With the same quiet expression he would always hold when walking with Vala, he followed her without question or thought. The only thing different this time was that there was a third party member, and Ven couldn't help but often study his body structure and him in general. It was odd seeing this human because he walked funny, and he smelled funny too. Not only because of the smell he had on him, but something else too. This guy reeked actually, and somehow Vala could stand being close to him....it was all confusing really, and instincts were only making his thoughts worse.

To keep him from carrying onward with the horrible thoughts of this man, he decided to only think what it was that he and Vala were talking about. Sure he could hear them mumble well, but there was only so much his ears could hear when in his human form. Something about moaning....and spasms....what are spasms again? Uh, I hate it when I still have yet so much to learn. Vala's not going to tell me much either by the looks of it. He didn't really notice nor care that he gave a disdainful look toward Vala when he thought that, but he still kept his mouth shut and eyes forward. Wrapped in his thoughts as he tried to hear more of their so called private conversation.

OOC :
I almost did get out of hand in the beginning so to better explain that: Ven still feels challenged so of course he's going to think bad of Darren, and of course later in the post when he listens in on what he can he won't be able to hear much because although he is Kelvic he's still in human form. So really if anything seems offensive....my bad. :) I just really got into character with this post.
Ven
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Next