(The Pigs Foot Tavern) A Sneaking Suspicion (Fallon Dawn)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Antar on July 22nd, 2011, 9:27 pm

14th day of Summer, 511av

Noth was wary of things, two days after brawling in the same tavern in front of him he felt quite stiff. However, when it comes to opportunity in a town like sunberth, it was best to answer the call as quickly as possible. For the moment, Noth was here to help out another of their little merry band, this one saying she had wanted to go after a good little bit of a mark. Nothing too valuable, or chancy just something to get their feet wet and still get the job done.

Noth knew his comrade in crime wasn't a petty thief, but rather an exceptional one in the making. It was the making part that was the hardest part of all.

For the moment, Noth knew his compatriot had her eyes on a quite idealic prize, a merchant who loved to drink, and stumble his way over to braga's whorehouse with a trinket or two in his pockets for the lovely ladies... after a rousing night of drunken disorderly conduct with the boys of course.

The plan was simple: they were going to take what the merchant had, and make it their own. If necessary following the merchant from the tavern to make their strike, and it would be Fallon's job to tell him exactly how this would go down as she was the one heading up this job. He was just along for the ride as backup in case things went wrong. Worse comes to worse, they always had the option of playing things safe and breaking off the venture if things didn't seem alright.

So that was how Noth came to be here, standing in an alleyway as he watched the silk robed merchant man enter the tavern for a bit of rambling and gambling as he waited for the arrival of his little thieving friend.
"I am the Shadow and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost that hides in the night."
~Back, but slow. :)
Antar
"A thousand voices screaming in unison..."

Words: 902531
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2011, 3:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Fallon Dawn on July 24th, 2011, 6:55 pm

With a bounce in her step, Fallon glided down the streets, unable to keep the silly grin off her face. She was feeling happier than she had in a while, all because she was finally going on another job. It had been a while since her last one, so she was very excited. Her nerves were all whacked as she kept replaying the plan she had in her head, looking at it from all angles and thinking of all the different scenarios that could happen. It wasn’t a very detailed plan, but that’s the way Fallon liked them. That meant there were more options.

She arrived in front of the Pig’s Foot tavern, in which her target was having the time of his life. After a few seconds of watching it, she began looking around for her pal Antar, who was helping her this time, which she was very grateful. It never hurt to have help.
Fallon finally spotted him standing in an alleyway, hidden slightly by the shadows. Her grin widened and she skipped over to him, her eyes sparkling with excitement.
“Hello, there! Ready to do this thing?” she greeted him, practically bouncing on the balls of her feet from all her pent-up energy. Oh yeah, this was going to be fun.
To dance is to be out of yourself
Larger, more beautiful
This is power
It is glory on Earth
And it is yours for the taking
Fallon Dawn
The Stealthy Dancer

Words: 14806
Joined roleplay: June 28th, 2011, 11:05 pm
Character sheet

Postby Antar on July 24th, 2011, 10:52 pm

Working in a group, had its ups and downs, but at least it meant he worked with interesting people. Even this aubern haired thief to be, was an interesting sort. Always wanted people to call her Dawn instead of her first name. Not the most peculiar addage to the equation, but he wasn't going to look unkindly upon her for it.

When she asked if he was ready to do this, it was a simple factor of adding two plus two together to get four. 'Of course he was ready, even if he was still sore.' This was the same tavern he had brawled at two nights ago, and his injuries left him feeling like a tenderized slab of meat. He wasn't in the mood for any fights , he'd prefer quick kills if they were necessary, but if the question was if he was ready the answer to the skipping girl would be,

"Always, ready for a job my friend. Oh, and by the way." he smiled a little crookedly as his eyes lit up in amusement, "You're a little late, did something... good happen along the way?" noth said, emphasizing the word 'good' to give it a rather teasing manner. For all he knew the young thief had gone and gotten herself a sailor for boyfriend or something. It would explain why she seemed so bubbly today.
"I am the Shadow and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost that hides in the night."
Antar

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Fallon Dawn on July 25th, 2011, 11:01 pm

When he told her she was a little late, Fallon felt slightly surprised. She thought she was on time. Perhaps she was just too caught up in her daydreaming to notice the time. Oh well! She was there now. The teasing tone of of voice and amusement in Antar's eyes did not go unnoticed as he asked her if something 'good' had delayed her. She just shrugged before smirking and giving him a playful wink.
"That, my friend, is for me to know and you to find out."There was a slight pause. "No, I just got wrapped up in my thoughts." Then she turned serious. Well, as serious as a girl with too much energy could be.

"I don't have much of a plan, but I suppose it gets the job done. Basically, I get him drunk, flirt a bit, loosen him up, and then do some simple pickpocketing. That works, right?" she looked to her fellow thief for approval, figuring he had more experience than she did.

Fallon turned to look at the tavern, rubbing her hands together nervously and rocking slightly.
"Gods, it's been a while since my last theft." she muttered to no one in particular. "Hopefully I haven't lost my touch!" she added jokingly. Turning back to Antar, she started mentally preparing herself. "Do we start now, or is ther something else we have to do that I'm forgetting about? I've never led a job before." she asked him, a little unsure.

OOCI just realized how much she talks in this. LOL! Anyway, it's up to you whether you want this to go smoothly or completely wrong. I'm down for either. :)
Fallon Dawn
The Stealthy Dancer

Character sheet

Postby Antar on July 29th, 2011, 3:07 pm

Noth smiled reassuringly at the young thief who voiced her doubts, "You'll be fine leading this job as long as you remember two things. One- have confidence, anything or anyone can sense if you don't if you're trying to play off the mark. Two: If in trouble, improvise to get out. If this means straight off running then do so."

Inside he knew it might be harder then just that, but it took all sorts to learn how to think on their feet. He'd be watching, waiting in the shadows in case there were problems but that was no guarantee he might get to Fallon in time to stop her being struck or assaulted. There were no guarantees on such things, and sometimes even pickpocketing was dangerous in these streets. Worse came to worse, he'd have to do a little improvising of his own to help her out if it came to a scrap.

He just hoped it wouldn't come to that.

Gesturing towards the inside of the tavern, Noth smile grew a little wider as he silently chided himself for lecturing his companion for such errant thoughts when he had a few of his own. It was time to get their heads into the game. "Well shall we be off?"

He was sure that inside the tavern they'd find it as much as it was two days ago, packed to the brim and full of degenerates itching for good spirits, and a good time. Be that involving a brawl or not, Noth didn't know. All he knew was from scouting out some facts about the red silked merchant was that the mark tended to rent out a smaller room where he and his buddies played off the main tavern floor. There were a few who even suspected once in a while the merchant liked to have the games hold ... a little more hefty consequence then just the loss of coins. Either favors owed, enslavement, or flat out slaying someone who couldn't back their debts. But that was Sunberth, and all hearsay after all. Antar didn't put much stock in such rumors.

But it might mean Fallon would have to keep her cool no matter what happened.

He figured the first real problem for Fallon would be to convince the guard leaning against the door to let her pass. Breezing through the doorway, Noth split off towards a table on the side, keeping away from Fallon to take up a position where he might watch things a little closer. From the beginning, Fallon would need her own wit and skills to work her way in. His time would come later, as all he could do now was just watch... and wait for a sign to move in if she was in trouble.
Antar

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Fallon Dawn on September 5th, 2011, 4:38 am

The two parted ways once they had entered the tavern. Fallon’s nerves were on the edge as she watched her companion walk away. Doubts kept filling her head, but she pushed all thoughts away and focused on what Antar had said earlier and tried to be more confident. She succeeded, for the most part, and she resumed her mission. Her blue eyes roamed over the rambunctious crowd until they landed on an adjacent room that she pegged to be the one her mark was in. It was guarded, of course. Nothing could be easy, could it? Here we go, Fallon thought as she approached the large man standing by the door, pausing a few yards away to assess him.

The man was tall; extremely so. He easily towered over her, like most of the human population. His brown hair was shaven very close to his head like a crew cut, adding to his imposing image. He had his beefy arms crossed over his barrel chest, and his posture looked threatening. Anyone who walked by was on the receiving end of a death glare from him. Everything about the man screamed “Run before I chop your head off.”
Fallon gulped. Why exactly was she doing this again? Oh, right. Money. But how was she supposed to get passed him? Only one way to find out…

She plastered a smirk on her face and sauntered over, placing her hands on her hips. Leaning forward slightly to give him a better view of her curves, she peered around the guard, trying to see into the room. She only caught a glimpse of several men sitting at a table, laughing and gambling heartily, before the man shifted to block her view. “What do you want, little girl?” he all but growled, scowling down at her. She so wanted to slap him and tell him she was not a little girl, but she refrained herself. She had a job to do.

Fallon had to crane her neck to be able to see his face, silencing cursing her short height as she did so. “Why, sir!” she began, widening her eyes to make her look more innocent and clueless. “I was just curious why this room would need its own guard. Surely whoever is in there isn’t that important!” The guard gave her a long, hard stare while she tried not to squirm or fidget under his gaze. Her acting skills weren’t the best, but hopefully they were good enough to get her through this.

“No one relevant to you, I'm sure. Now, if you knew what was good for you, you’d leave.” He finally said, pointing to something off to his left, blatantly dismissing her. Fallon’s hopes sunk, but she wasn’t going to give up any time soon. “But, Sir! They look like they’re having so much fun!” she whined, trying to look around the man again, jutting her bottom lip out in a pout and arranging her face to look disappointed. “My friends have abandoned me and I have nothing to do! Please, sir! I just want to join in. I won’t be any trouble, I promise!” she pleaded, begging him with her eyes. Please let this work, please let this work, please let this…

The guard shook his head and opened his mouth to say something, but another voice cut him off. “Henry-y! What are you doing? Who are you talking to-o?” Another man stumbled into view from inside the room and clamped a hand on the guard Henry’s shoulder, causing him to have to bend down slightly. This new man was obviously intoxicated and his words were slurred together. Fallon instantly recognized him as her mark as he guffawed loudly over nothing. He spotted her and he grinned sickeningly. “Who’s this pretty little thing?” he purred as he looked her up and down with a hungry expression.

It took all of Fallon’s willpower to suppress a shudder of disgust, but she nonetheless gave him a flirty smile and twirled a curl of her hair around her index finger. “I'm Dawn.” Her name flowed easily through her lips. “I want to come gamble with you, but you’re bodyguard won’t let me through.” Her pout became visible again and she gave her mark a puppy-dog look. The man shot Henry a surprised look. “Why would you do that, Henry? Ladies are always welcome.” The last part was directed towards her and he sent her a wink. Henry reluctantly moved out of the way and Fallon gave him a sweet smile as she passed. Step one of the plan was complete.

Inside the dimly lit room, six or seven men were gathered around a small wooden table that was overflowing with mugs, pipes, money, cards, and other assorted things. A few mugs were on the floor with some spilled drink. These people were definitely not the cleanest people Fallon had ever seen. They were all laughing loudly and drinking, some smoking from pipes.

All noise stopped, however, when Fallon entered the room. She felt uncomfortable under the curious and lustful stares. For the first time, she started questioning whether this mission was worth it or not.

OOCNot in the mood to deal with coding right now. Again, sorry for the long wait and thank you for being so patient with me! For that, I give you the longest post I have done so far on Mizahar! :D I'm quite proud of this one. Anyway... it's all yours now! *passes baton* :P
Larger, more beautiful
This is power
It is glory on Earth
Fallon Dawn
The Stealthy Dancer

Character sheet

Postby Antar on September 6th, 2011, 6:50 pm

As Fallon was ushered inside the back room Noth took a moment to order a bit of redberry juice and considered the guard, "Henry" for a moment. The man might prove to be a problem later if he wasn't 'dealt with' or distracted somehow. As the wheels in his head started to turn, he pondered just what might be the best route to go.

The idea of killing the man was always an option, but hopefully it would be better served to find another way that wasn't so... public. Worse came to worse, if his young thief friend ran into trouble he could always start a brawl and use it as cover to let Fallon slip away. He was too far away to hear if she got into any trouble, even if she was still within his view. For now, she was almost entirely on her own.

One of the more uncultured men at the table hooted in laughter. "Ach... Gregor, this is a first. Bringing a young woman to the table? Usually I heard you head to Brega's afterwards. Something changed?"

The mark, "Gregor" took her arm in his, and lead Fallon to sit at the seat beside him. Glaring at the other man who seemed inclined to make jibes in his direction. "Now, now." Gregor said to the rest. "The lady just wants to take part in our little game, isn't that something? So no eating this one Kellog! Damn Kelvic's! Who's got the next deal?"
"Malone." The indicated man with the deck of cards spared one glance in Fallon's direction, not in the lustful manner of the others but rather one which carried a bit of suspicion. "Alright Sweetie," Malone said. "Buy In's 1 gm to start, ante's 5 cm. You in for a game or not, sugar lips?"

Glancing at Fallon with a small smile, Gregor momentarily let his fingers stray across the back of her arm before he picked up the paltry sum and tossed it in the pot. Glancing at the suspicious Malone he spoke. "I think that'll cover the first bet to let the Lady learn a little. She doesn't much seem to be the gambling type to me."

Gregor turned his head back towards Fallon a moment before having the final word. "So you ready for a game?"
Antar

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Fallon Dawn on November 4th, 2011, 1:59 am

“Oh, er. I’ll, uh, just watch the first round or so.” Fallon stuttered out, then mentally slapped herself. Stuttering was not going to help her! Like a switch being flipped, her cool, confident act was back on. “That way I can see what methods you all use and figure out how I’m going to win.” she stated confidently, sending a wink the men’s general direction. She could tell one of the men, Malone, did not like her. If anyone, he was going to be the one she had to look out for. The man was already shooting her suspicious glances. She had to make sure she didn’t give him any more reasons to be.

Her mark, now known to be called Gregor, smirked cockily at her and let out a belly laugh. “You don’t stand a chance, sweetheart! We’re the best of the best!” he informed her arrogantly. Fallon highly doubted the fact, but bit back a retort. Gregor turned back to his companions. “So what do you say, man? Do we show her how it’s done?”

Several rounds later, Fallon had joined the game and was actually enjoying herself, much to her surprise. The other players were so serious about the game, it made her want to laugh. Fistfights were breaking out constantly. For never had played before, she was doing pretty well. The men were not the best players, but she still managed to lose every time.

Gregor kept shooting her looks that raised goosebumps on her skin, though not for a pleasant reason. He obviously took it the other way, though, and kept touching her. Finally, when Fallon thought she would burst, he leaned over and whispered in her ear, “Let’s go somewhere a little more... private.” She supposed that was supposed to be his seductive voice. It was anything but. His breath was rancid and made her want to gag. Nevertheless, she nodded her head and followed him out. The other men hardly noticed; too wrapped up in their gambling.

Once they were outside, Fallon took in a deep breath. This was her chance to strike. Just as her hand was reaching for his pocket, Gregor suddenly grabbed her arms and slammed her up against the wall, crashing his lips down on hers. Shocked, she froze. Oh, gods! A sick feeling spread in her stomach. She struggled against his hold, but he just squeezed her tighter. Pain shot up her arm from her wrist. A yelp escaped her mouth. “Let me go!” She yelled, thrashing in his hold. “Shush, girl. This won’t hurt a bit.” he commanded against her mouth. His hand started trailing down her body. Panic took over her. Taking a deep breath, filling her lungs, Fallon let out a loud scream. “Noth!”

OOCHere it is! Thanks for being a saint and patiently waiting for me! Now Antar can play hero or not. :) Sorry for any spelling or grammar errors. I'm too impatient to go back and proofread.
Larger, more beautiful
This is power
It is glory on Earth
Fallon Dawn
The Stealthy Dancer

Character sheet

Postby Antar on November 5th, 2011, 12:53 am

Sunberth didn’t need Antar to be a hero, and the gods above knew he wasn’t one. He was here for a job, and to the job he stayed. So when Fallon went out into the streets with the Mark he got up to follow, leaving a small amount behind to cover the tab. He wasn’t the only one to leave though, Malone, ever suspicious of an easy woman decided to get up and follow as well.
Sad to say, the man had almost gotten the drop on him with a shortsword after the first turn into the alleys. But the quick struggle that ensued had been silent as could be as Noth pulled at the man’s arm to hold the weapon at bay. A quick knee to the man’s gut and a pull of his gladius from his scabbard had ended the matter quite succinctly with a drawing slice down over the top of the arm and across the throat to kill him quickly. The scuffle had been muffled of course, barely a small oomph from the falling body before he heard the scream. He grabbed the man’s sword, which looked to be a gladius as well, and severed the head, just in case it might be useful.

He had found over the course of time that severed heads worked wonders as a distraction device.

That was when the screams came, Fallon crying out for help.

Did he really have to do this? Well… yeah sure. He was the thief’s backup on this matter, but if she couldn’t handle one amorous little slime bucket he was going to be quite concerned about their future work together. He made a decision right then and there to beat her senseless with the back of his sword if he had to in order to get her to a point where she could defend herself. Through the shadows of the dark alleys, he made his way forwards, carrying the severed head of Malone and the man’s sword in his clutches.
About five feet away from the man, Noth cleared his throat loudly to get the apparently amorous couple’s attention. The merchant’s startled features glanced over at the cloaked figure in the shadows until Antar spoke. Not to the merchant, but towards the girl he was holding at dagger point.”Look, are you just going to stand there all day? Can't you keep yourself safe you blasted woman? You wanted to go play at the tables, maybe make some extra mizas but now look what's happened to you? Calling back to your big brother like you were some kid needing some assistance? Heh, I trained you better than this. But look at you, you’re all over your head now? Aintcha?”

Uncaring for a reply , Noth’s eyes turned towards the merchant’s, and a sardonic smirk came across his lips. ”So’s the ways I see it, this lil’ sista’ ain’t been nothin’ but trouble to me, so’s I guess I’ll make you a deal, How much you want for her? You better make it worth my while since your boy already tried to cause a ruckus. Sadly they won’ be your boys anymore, at least not until you go to Dira’s embrace.” With those words Noth tossed the severed head at Gregor’s feet. “ That’s assuming he was yar’ boy and not some thug picking the wrong person to heist. Petching git tried to get between me and my lil’ sista’s calls. Bad form there , for them of course.”

Gregor the merchant looked at Antar a moment with befuddlement, then to the severed head as he cursed a few choice words that no children should here. But slowly , Noth’s words dawned on him and the merchant’s gaze shifted Fallon with a lecherous grin, his eyes roaming over her curves. Whether or not she was staring at him for his brazen display of somewhat treacherous acting Noth kept up the ruse, and he was acting of course, he hoped she’d be professional enough to realize this was probably the only damn chance she’d have to filch something from this man without Noth simply having to kill Gregor. They were close enough that a set of quick hands could make a fine grab and walk away. After they put the leacherous bastard in his place.

For a few seconds, lust , greed and anger at his fellow’s passing warred within Gregor’s eyes, but eventually lust gave out.This was Sunberth after all, there was very little grief at another’s passing. Death was a daily occurrence here, just business as usual. “A hundred gold for her… I’ll take her off your hands, treat her reaaaaalll nice!”

For a moment, Noth smiled with all the greed and anticipation of a man about to sell their family out for gold. It wasn’t a bad sort of thing, not in a place like Sunberth where far worse happened on a daily basis. He held up a finger and waggled it from side to side.”Now, now. No touching the goods until I see the mizas. Otherwise…” The rogue shifted his grip on his gladius and made a slight shrug.

Sure enough, the man started patting at his pockets, whether he found anything there or not would be up to Fallon’s skills and quick hands or not, but soon enough he’d see a flash of steel coming point first towards his chest as Antar lunged. The time for games was over, and it was past due that this piece of shyke went to meet Dira. He had only needed a moment of real distraction for Gregor to take the knife away from Fallon’s throat long enough to make his strike.

But at the last moment his attention was grabbed by a darting shadow coming from the side. A form of a wolf which had followed after him after he had taken care of Malone. The kelvic dog, who he hadn’t known to be around named Kellog had just entered the fray, leaping for his arm. With the new source of trouble, Fallon would have to deal with Gregor herself as Noth attempted to use his wool cloak as a means of distracting the onrushing canine by hastily wrapping it around his arm as he pushed himself backwards to try to get out of the way.
Antar

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Fallon Dawn on November 6th, 2011, 12:39 am

Fallon almost screamed again when she felt the cool, sharp edge of a dagger press against her throat. Only one thought managed to filter through her terror-filled mind; my gods, she was a wimp! She was just about to send a knee to her assailant’s lower regions, which was about all she could reach, when someone cleared their throat loudly.

Noth stood there, looking quite annoyed. But he was glaring at her, not the man holding the blade that was biting into her flesh. When he opened his mouth to speak, his words were scolding and directed at her. Can’t you keep yourself safe you blasted woman? Fallon was bewildered. What was he doing? He had a right to be angry, but couldn’t he at least wait until they had dealt with Gregor? Wait, brother? What? His sudden change of speech also caught her off guard. She stared at Noth like he had grown three extra heads.

Then her slow brain kicked into gear and registered everything as he tried to sell her off. He was acting, of course! Fallon always knew she wasn’t the brightest, but was she truly that stupid? Her attention was drawn back to reality when her partner in crime tossed something at Gregor. It was the severed head of that guy who was suspicious of her. Malone, she believed. Fallon had a hard time with names. She stared at it in disgust and a little satisfaction. It was a horrifying, yet fascinating sight. Then Noth continued on in his little speech. She was quite impressed with his way of indirectly yelling at her. That took some skill.

Gregor let out a string of curses that could have made a sailor blush, some Fallon didn’t recognize. She tucked those away in the back of her mind for future use. The merchant then turned to look at her in a way that made her skin crawl. She glared at him defiantly and cocked a hip, but only succeeded in drawing the man’s attention to her waist. Blast her feminine curves! That was not the affect she was looking for! She gaped at the price he offered and had to restrain herself from saying anything. A hundred gold mizas! She was worth much more than that! Fallon shot daggers at the back of his head with her eyes. Surely Noth wasn’t really planning to sell her off! Wait... that meant Gregor had at least that much money on him!

Fallon placed herself in her partner’s mind for a moment. What would he do? Steal the mizas, of course! Swiftly, she darted her hand inside the merchant’s pocket, careful not to make any noise or alert him to her actions. Her fingers brushed against a smooth surface. Success! Noiselessly, she gathered all the coins she could into her fist and withdrew it. She did all that in about four seconds. Gregor didn’t even notice a thing. Silently, she slipped the money into her own pocket and sent a short nod in Noth’s direction, hoping he understood. But he was too busy lunging at the man to see. Then his focus was shifted to the large wolf darting towards him.

Her eyes widened. She was on her own now. She turned to face the other man, who was watching in shock. The shock quickly disappeared, replaced by anger. He turned to face the small woman, who gulped. One word kept running through her head over and over again. Petch, petch, petch, pe- Fallon suddenly found herself pinned once more against the wall, this time with a large hand wrapped around her neck, cutting off her air supply. The man had moved too quickly for her to notice. His face was contorted with fury as his brown eyes locked with hers, staring coldly at her. Fallon’s chest was beginning to tighter painfully with the need to breathe and her vision became slightly hazy as she clawed at the hands. Oh gods!
She always knew she was going to die young, but this was certainly not how she envisioned it. The girl always imagined her death would come while she was doing something heroic, or brave. Perhaps a sword through her chest or a swift blow to the head. Suffocating was almost an insult compared to those.
Suddenly, new found resolve filled her and her eyes narrowed in determination. She was not going to die today. Using all of what was left of her strength; Fallon drew her head back and slammed it as hard as she could into the man’s. Their foreheads clonked together. Hard. Pain blossomed in the front of her skull and a painful yelp escaped her lips as the merchant swore roundly and backed up, releasing her to clutch his head. The pain was awful, but Fallon knew she had to work through it if she wanted to survive.
Using his distraction to her advantage, she quickly sent a swift kick to his family jewels. The larger man went down, clutching himself and moaning in pain. Fallon danced around him and headed for the merchant’s abandoned dagger. But a hand wrapped around her ankle, preventing her from moving. She yelped as she lost her balance and wobbled on her other foot. Her years of dancing helped her stay upright and not face plant in the dirt. Fallon blindly threw her ankle back, aiming for the man’s arm. Gregor’s yelp informed her that she hit her mark. His grip loosened just slightly, but that was all she needed.
Fallon shook off his hold and dove for the weapon a few feet away. Her hand came in contact with the blade and she clasped it in her palm. Sharp pain ran up her arm, but she barely registered it with all the adrenaline coursing through her body. She twisted around and regrasped the knife by the hilt. Gregor was staggering to his feet behind her, alarmingly close. He towered over her, staring down at her with pure hatred. In pure desperation, she drove the dagger into his thigh halfway up to the hilt. The merchant’s yell of agony echoed through the alleyway as she yanked the knife back out.
On instinct, Fallon jumped to her feet and slashed the blade across Gregor’s throat. A red line appeared on his throat.They both stared in shock as a crimson liquid poured from the gash. “You-“ was all the man managed before a choking sound escaped his mouth. His hand flew up to his neck and he stared at her with wide eyes that surely matched her own. As if in slow motion, he fell to the ground, still clutching the wound.
The thump of his body hitting the floor jarred Fallon out of the trance she had fallen into. “Oh my gods!” she breathed quietly, still holding the dagger in a slashing position. The adrenaline drained from her body and left her gasping for air, but she couldn’t tear her eyes away from the lifeless body on the ground. Her first kill. A ringing filled her ears, blocking out any other noise. She just killed a man. Holy shyke! “Not such a wimp now!” she muttered before slumping to the ground, unconscious.

OOCOkay, so this is probably a crap post, but I just gotta say; BOOYAH! Almost 1200 words within two hours! *dances* I don't care if it sucks! This is the fastest I have ever responded. I have officially 'blitzed' it out! I had it written last night, but I didn't have the chance to post it until now. Anyway, I tried to make it as realistic as possible, but I may have failed... Meh. Either way, Gregor's out of the way. :D I was a bit loopy when I wrote most of this, so that may come across. *passes baton*
Larger, more beautiful
This is power
It is glory on Earth
Fallon Dawn
The Stealthy Dancer

Character sheet

Next