[Flashback] I'll Save You!(Irriari)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Bolden Denusk on July 27th, 2011, 1:17 am

10th of Summer, 510 AV

The 18 year old Bolden was out practicing his riding on Nightwind. He had no last name. At least not one that he could remember. He'd spent the last 5 years on the edge of the Amethyst Clan and as far as he was concerned, that was good enough.

He shifted to the right, ignoring the ache in his leg and continued to drill ride with Nightwind. He'd spent forever in the same area and this time decided to head in a new direction. The young man urged the Strider into a controlled canter, counting out the three beats in succession. The enormous stallion executed a flying lead change and flew over the land till his legs blended with the tall plains grass.

Bolden slowed his mount and unsheathed his sword, trying in his own bonehead way to train himself. A gnarled and twisted tree stump presented itself as a good target for his attempts.

Strider and rider charged the stump with the man aiming a deep under cut to the tallest branch. Nightwind streamed by it with blinding speed and accuracy, faultless and excellently controlled. Not quite so with the young man.

As the pair rapidly approached the target, the rider didn't notice a sharper jagged branch about to rip open the outside of his already hurting leg. The moment the errant bit of tree cut him, he'd managed to slice the upper branch clean off out of sheer dumb luck.

He hissed between clenched teeth, with the older ache on the inside of the leg and the fresh gash on the outside.

"PETCHING TREE!" Bold yelled out in anger and nudged Nightwind directly at it so he could attack it again; this time aiming for the jagged piece. The upper branch whacked him hard in the chest, unseating him neatly and abruptly. Bold soared through the air before hitting the ground with a loud thud and a puff of dust.
Bolden Denusk
Cursed

Words: 196002
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2011, 7:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (6)
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Irriari on July 28th, 2011, 11:38 pm

OOCI don't know if this should have been posted in Endrykas, but maybe we can get a mod to move it to the Sea of Grass forum!

It was a lovely day to be in Sea of Grass with Sevrai. While the threat of glass beaks was ever present in the grasses, Irriari hoped that during the short time she was on the surface, nothing too bad would happen. Occasionally, the days were peaceful. Sevrai had been pleading to go up to surface again, and to feel the warmth of the sun on her skin. So, finally, Irriari had acquiesced and plodded to the surface, growling about the light the whole time.

The first hour had been too warm for Irriari's skin, and the light had assaulted her eyes until she adjusted. Sevrai had played in the grasses and picked wild flowers under Irriari's watchful eye, as she flied above in the grasses, with an arrow nooked to her bow. Finally, when Sevrai was tired of frolicking she sat down in the grasses and reclined back and looked at the sky. Irriari flew down and relaxed by her after flying out far enough to make sure that there was nothing dangerous that was too imminently close. Satisfied with their location and position, she wrapped an arm around Sevrai's back. It would be difficult to look at the sky for any extended length of time, but she gazed at a cloud that was shaped like a plant at Sevrai's urging. Irriari didn't see it, and she told her slave so. Sevrai stuck her tongue out and lightly pushed Irriari before getting up and running. Irriari waited for a moment before laying chase to the girl. As she began to stand, a voice broke the near silence in the grasses. Someone was yelling.

“Sevrai, down.”

The girl, whose ears were attuned to her voice, obeyed immediately and sank into the grasses with haste.

Irriari finished standing up and picked up her bow and nooked the arrow that had been laying next to it. Her eyes scanned the grasses and found the source of the noise. A drykas man was riding his horse and waving around a blade. He didn't seem to be moving towards Sevrai or herself however, so she didn't shoot him on sight.

Irriari kicked off of the ground and flew up a few feet, hoping to spook the horse he rode into throwing its rider off. He would notice her soon, so Irriari signaled Sevrai to crawl towards her side with a clenched fist, followed by a horizontal wave of her hand.

OOCSorry this is so meh... it's loud here. I promise I'll get into bigger more in depth posts soon!

Active thread count: 8/8
Irriari
Blood and Poison

Words: 374003
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2011, 10:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Bolden Denusk on July 29th, 2011, 12:54 am

The image of a huge flying bat rushed into his head from Nightwind and he grabbed his sword, stumbling hastily to his feet. Immediately Bolden mounted the stallion with a painful leap and looked in the same direction as the Strider.

"Petching Zith! It's a shyte sucking petching Zith!!"

Nightwind screamed a defiant challenge, rearing, bearing his teeth and pinning back his ears. Bold clung to the animal with his legs, with practiced ease, signalling the animal to get all four hooves on the ground.

He stared up at the sky and just simply couldn't believe it. The long winged creature hovered in the air with an arrow held at the ready. It's sinuous body was covered in fur that reflected the sunlight in a strangely beautiful way.

Bold had never seen a Zith before in his life, but you didn't need a manual to know when looking at one! The young man saw it's evil eyes gleaming as the massive leathery wings beat at the air.

"Oh my petching Goddess it's a female!" he shuddered at the thought as he tried to control the increasingly angry Strider. The large animal crab stepped and wrung his tail in fury, arching his neck and fighting Bolden to charge.

Nightwind's antics made his right leg throb with pain. The outside of his leg still dripped blood and on the inside of the thigh, the scar opened up to bleed afresh.

The young man started to panic, knowing that if the animal's back got too slick with sweat and blood, he'd never keep his seat. But if he kept up fighting his rider, Bold knew his leg would give out.

He held the sword in his left hand and pointed it at the sinister beast before him. The rider sent out a silent prayer to the Goddess and faced the Zith to look her directly in the eye. He took a deep breath and unknowingly, sounded exactly like Vanator.

"Get off this land and go back to the dung pile you crawled from you filthy sack of--"

Bolden noticed a small movement in the grasses and thought it was a glass beak. His eyes caught on a female figure crouching in fear. He must save her somehow! Adrenaline coursed through him and his pain was forgotten. He must rescue that poor slave!

"Don't fear my Lady! I'll save you!"
Bolden Denusk
Cursed

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Irriari on July 31st, 2011, 5:26 am

Irriari watched as the horse, and then its rider became aware of her presence. It was almost comical how the humans face changed from one of exasperation at his failure, to stark fear as he became aware of her. Her race was feared for good reason, and she knew that with his injured leg it would be simple enough to destroy them both. A well placed arrow into the horses flank, leg or eye and it would surely throw the drykas off. Likewise, she could shoot the human and cause him to fall off the horse on his own. But for now, she was more interested in the behavior between the two. The horse moved anxiously and tried charging for Irriari, and she laughed openly when it did. Truly, horses were stupid animals. They had to be, for this one to not know how very close to death it would be if it moved another few feet. The weak drykas shouted insults in common, but it was easy enough to ignore them. His words meant nothing without the threat of a weapon to back them up, and she saw nothing on his horse or person that could damage her in the air.

Her laughter subsided slowly until Irriari noticed that the drykas had caught sight of Sevrai. Irriari bared her teeth and snarled loudly, trying to draw the attention away from her slave. Sevrai looked up as she heard the growl and shuddered involuntarily. The few times her slave had heard that noise, it had ended in bloodshed and pain. The drykas spoke as if he wanted to save her slave from some horrid torment and as he finished his sentence, Irriari closed her fingers around the bolt of the arrow, pulled it taut against the arrow string and fired it towards the grass directly in front of the horse before speaking.

“If you make another move to 'save' my slave again, I will gut you with nothing more than the bones of your precious horse.”

Irriari meant it, and stared down the drykas as she continued speaking.

“I found her here in the Sea of Grass, drykas. Where were your people? She was dying and I saved her, and your people were nowhere to be seen. She is MY property.”

Humans knew nothing of owning another. Their forms of slavery produced very little gain and much hatred. Among the human raised slaves, there was no loyalty to their owner or their work. In some zith colonies however, quite the opposite was true. Slaves were proud of the work they did, and many generations had been bred and raised within the caves. It was not a luxurious life, and those who rebelled died, but very few did. Irriari knew that Sevrai would fight the drykas, but Irriari also knew that she would lose. It was not a slaves job to protect themselves.

A quick glance at Sevrai confirmed what the zith already knew. Sevrai was staring up at her, waiting for the next order or movement to indicate where she would go. Irriari made no such movements, and her eyes flicked back to the horse and rider.

Active thread count: 8/8
Irriari
Blood and Poison

Words: 374003
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2011, 10:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Bolden Denusk on August 1st, 2011, 4:17 pm

Hearing the nightmare invoking hiss, Nightwind executed a perfect capriole, up and away from the arrow, remembering his battle moves. Bolden was nearly unseated by his mount's quick reflexes and attempted to regain his balance so the horse could land properly.

He knew the smell of blood was making the stallion edgy but there was nothing he could do about it. Bolden was torn two ways. He wanted to save the woman, but no one was gonna harm Nightwind--over his dead body! Indecision racked his features and his eyebrows nearly drew together as he thought frantically.

'That arrow was perfectly aimed not to kill us, but to warn us off! A Zith showing mercy?! Maybe I can talk to it--her into releasing the poor slave. But I can't risk my Strider's life--I -won't- risk his life.'

Bolden dismounted clumsily, and winced but didn't take his eyes from the hovering monster in the sky. He sent a firm message to Nightwind that if he didn't leave now, Bold threatened to abandon him for life. The animal snorted and pawed the ground furiously, going into a levade to prove his strength.

With all the anger he could muster, he sent a mind shaking, 'NO!' and the Strider turned and sped off.

The brazen and foolish young man, stood with both arms spread out to draw all attention to himself and completely away from the stallion.

"We will talk beast creature but do NOT touch my Strider. There's no need to even look at him!"

The young man did his best not to let fear quaver in his voice. He would take any punishment the Zith intended, but couldn't bear even the thought of one hair harmed on his beloved Strider. Anything, everything but that.

Bold flicked a worried glance at the slave woman still crouched nearby and asked in concern,

"Are you with this monster of your own free will My Lady? Does it--she speak the truth?"

The young Denusk shifted his weight to his left leg to try and ease the pressure. Every moment he stalled, was another click the Strider could move away to safety.

http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post92099.html#p92099
Bolden Denusk
Cursed

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Lariat on October 15th, 2011, 3:59 pm

Bolden Denusk

Experience:

Longsword: 1 xp
Riding (Horse): 2 xp
Observation: 1 xp

Lores:

Zith: How to recognize one

Irriari

Experience:

Shortbow: 1 xp
Intimidation: 1 xp
Leadership: 1 xp
Observation: 1 xp

Lores:

Intimidation Tactic: Taking to the air

Comments
If you have any questions just send me a pm!
Lariat
The light in the back of your mind

Words: 151849
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2011, 3:20 am
Race: Staff account
Office