[Irriari's Scrapbook] A Different Paradigm

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Irriari on August 1st, 2011, 6:40 am

Irriari's Scrapbook ::A Different Paradigm::

Welcome to my scrapbook everyone. I doubt this first post will be much of anything, but I wanted to post anyways. You know, I always loved the word paradigm. From the first time I heard it in 9th grade Geography class, I just had to use it every where. I remember that day perfectly, because I was 15 minutes late for class. Now, before you get the wrong idea, I was still one of the first ones to class. Hurricane Charley had destroyed our school, so we had a hodge-podge collaboration of buildings, some were a mile apart, so coming 10, 15, or even 20+ minutes late was the norm.

So, back to the word paradigm. I love it. I think that everyone has a totally unique paradigm, but few people express theirs. I love reading other peoples opinions, and I encourage everyone to post theirs in my scrapbook! Feel free to share stories, pictures, comics, videos and other various things.

My paradigm, as many others have been, was shaped mostly by my childhood and the influences around me. I was a farm girl that grew up around adults. But I found my paradigm to be changing even quicker now, due to my major and the college atmosphere. Traveling, in the USA, and elsewhere has really had an impact on me as well.

Here, for you!

This got me in my second psych class. Stared at it for 30 minutes. It can't exist! The Devil's Tuning Fork!

To make it a bit more confusing.... where does it go from a two tonged fork to a three tonged?

P.S. I have a prettier scrapbook layout- comp just doesn't want to let me upload pics.

\

Active thread count: 8/8
Irriari
Blood and Poison

Words: 374003
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2011, 10:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Irriari on August 13th, 2011, 7:11 am

So this is meant to be the second of my notes- but I don't think it warrants an absence thread, because I'm here. I have a post list...

-
Jason
Renaria
Reaver
Ethan
Crismento
Sahiri
Cass/Keating
Whisper/Eph
-

(The above serves as a reminder for me too!). Currently, until the 19th I am working on a massivehuge paper of doom... in other words, I'll be busy, but posting in my spare time, as I can. So, please bear with me guys! I haven't forgotten you, thank you so much for your patience!

*hugs and love to all*
Also, if you have any concerns or want to prod me (like you don't see our thread up there! Egasp!), then please pm me. I think I got em all though. Ok!

Irriari
Blood and Poison

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Irriari on June 8th, 2013, 5:53 am

So, because of Kane, I decided to get back into doing this whole scrapbook thing. I was on Skype, and I was showing my friend my gecko, and Rainbow crawled onto my head. Then, as I was taking pictures with my webcam, he crawled onto my face. He's honestly the sweetest reptile ever. We can even hand feed him mealworms and such.
Big pictures :

I somehow always manage to look like I'm under the influence of something in pictures. Yay! /s

Last edited by Irriari on June 11th, 2013, 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Irriari
Blood and Poison

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Kane on June 11th, 2013, 7:16 am

So, since you managed to find your way onto my scrapbook, I thought I'd creep onto yours. And say hi and stuff.

I must say, that's an adorable lizard you have there. Isn't it weird some of the places animals will choose to sit? The head was cute, but the face was hilarious.

What's it like having a lizard? I've always considered getting one. Or a snake. But anyways, what's he like? From the pictures you've taken he seems to have quite the personality.
Kane
Darnit Eilea, I'm Your Friend Not Your Lover!

Words: 84491
Joined roleplay: December 15th, 2011, 5:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Irriari on June 11th, 2013, 12:16 pm

Having a zard zard, and a geck geck.

I have this weird thing with naming my pets like that. So, my first pet that you’ve seen is the gecko. He (or she) is incredibly personable and fun to hold. We don’t know its gender due to its age, so I tend to default to he. Anyways, when my roommate and I saw him at the pet store, we were taken aback by how pretty he was. They had a full grown leopard gecko but he was like 90$. So, we saw our little guy, who was about a fifth of the size, and we asked the store associate to take him out of the cage. He hissed. Like… this freakishly scary loud hiss for something that small. I actually jumped because I had no idea they could hiss. I was concerned about his temperament from that, but I loved that he was this cute little albino lizard. From there, we got the supplies he needed. (A medium sized terrarium, a shelter, heat lamp, food dish/water dish and some moss). Geckos are surprisingly easy to care for. They eat mealworms/crickets, but if you can get over the weirdness of feeding them live insects, then you’re golden.

Secondly, I have a monitor lizard. He’s slightly bigger than the gecko, but he’s eventually going to get huge (read: 3 ft). He requires a slightly bigger terrarium and about 12 crickets every 2 or 3 days. The set up for them is about the same, though the zard gets sand at the bottom of his enclosure, instead of the fabric that the gecko gets. The zard is nowhere near as friendly. Reptiles like monitor lizards generally don’t do well with handling, so the guide we read recommended just making sure he saw us put the crickets in the cage. We’ve had him for about a month and a half, and he’s gotten to the point of hissing and trying to bite us if we pick him up. He’s quite the moody thing, but we’re working on figuring out how to handle him.
Both of them are super fun to watch as they go about their activities. The gecko is more calm when he eats, but the lizard will actively chase the crickets around the cage and jump off of his shelter to dive bomb them. He actually has issues when eating… He’ll like, have one in his mouth and then he’ll see another and try to eat them both at the same time and lose them both.

Yeah, I think that answers most of your questions, but if you have more, I’ll answer them. I’m considering making a video of the gecko, but it’s SO early. XD

Irriari
Blood and Poison

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Irriari on June 12th, 2013, 8:44 pm

So, I decided to post a picture of this dress I got in New Orleans, since I love it so much.
Big pictures :

Irriari
Blood and Poison

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Irriari on June 24th, 2013, 7:36 am

So, I decided to post in here again, since I was thinking about how scary it was to join Mizahar. I wanted to write about that, and recollect on how things have changed for me since then.
I joined Mizahar during my senior year of high school (Feb 2010). I was dreadfully bored in most of my AP classes, because by that point, a good majority of the major lessons had stopped, since AP tests were right around the corner. In sixth grade, I had played a couple of text based games in school, like MechG and Crimson Moon but those were blocked. So, I searched for ‘Top text games’ or something like that. Mizahar wasn’t first. It was in the top five though. I don’t remember much else other than the fact that I was overwhelmed. I’m sure most people feel like that when they join. You click on the ‘getting started’ page which leads you to the starting package page, and then you’re at the skills page with all of the skills, and then you click on a skill… and so on. I spent awhile reading as much of the lore as I could and I eventually settled on making a Kelvic. (I know, super surprising!). Anyways, I ended up making Laeraix Cerys. I modelled her a lot after myself and a lot after people that I had always wanted to be. Of course, none of that really showed in the descriptions on Lae’s CS. The concept portion and description were awful. Still, the people on chat were nice, and I was enjoying myself. I knew my c.s. looked bad compared to Nya Winters. I remember looking at her cs in one tab, and then looking at Lae’s. XD There was a slight difference. I remember promising myself I’d edit it, but I never really did. Anyways, I met people on chat. I met Mike, Jake, and a bunch of people that retired their characters. Everyone was super nice, and Mike even offered to thread with me. I never really experienced that with any other games. That sense of community was what made me fall in love with Miz. Then Mizahar got blocked by my schools network. I had no way to play at home, as my family would have saw Miz and been convinced it was madness. So, my first hiatus started then, though I would try to rush to the library after school to post. Anyways. I ended up coming back to Miz to make Irri because of all those memories. It still makes me laugh.

Also- I shouldn’t write at 3:30am. I make no sense. Why would I write this?

Irriari
Blood and Poison

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Amelia Cross on June 24th, 2013, 12:44 pm

You should write at 3:00 am. More often, this was really interesting to find out! It is always fun reading how people have come across Mizahar and how they felt about it. Judging by what you have written, I think bout of us had a similar starting thing, though my first love was Symenestra. Something about them is just so wonderful :) Probably the family thing XD

I think the main reason people stick around Mizahar is the highly welcoming player base and helpful staff. If you wish to find friends, I believe that this is the right place, and I doubt anyone ever has regretted joining and staying around :D

Side note*, the ‘getting started’ part got me really overwhelmed and had me thinking for hours what character I would like to create and where to put it. I actually ended up going the other way round it…I chose the city I wanted to be part of and just then crafter the PC XD

and yesI do stalk scrapbooks, I just don’t post in them…or chat…or socialize much in any other way o.O
Amelia Cross
I Have More Than One Mask

Words: 519985
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2012, 7:32 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Irriari on June 26th, 2013, 10:36 am

Amelia, I'm glad that getting started in Miz was terrifying for you too. Well... I'm not glad you were terrified, but I'm happy that I'm not alone in my experiences :D.

Also, I just wanted to let you know that the old Irriari picture is gone (rest in peace, dear picture), and is now replaced with the new fancy one you can see in my c.s. There are actually two pictures! I liked the old one a lot, but I never *loved* it. It was as true to the lore as I could get, and it showcased Irri's armor and bow. Now, I've found a true to the lore picture that I adore even more! I just hope no one freaks out about her hair color. I've searched for weeks to find those two pictures.

Irriari
Blood and Poison

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Philomena on June 27th, 2013, 2:31 pm

(Omitted)
Last edited by Philomena on July 8th, 2013, 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Philomena
Player

Words: 718931
Joined roleplay: December 29th, 2012, 3:40 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Next