[Gnosis] Silakrov

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the first step to starting a lore article. Please hold all conversations about lores here in this forum. No development takes place here ie Article posting. This forum is simply for threads that want to hash out what a lore should or shouldn't include as well as its merits and flaws. One can also gauge interest in new lore here as well. Polls are encouraged.

Moderator: Scribes

[Gnosis] Silakrov

Postby Nira Curare on January 30th, 2010, 1:18 am

Before I begin, I know there is already a page, but it has very little in it, and I'd like to expand this and I don't know how to do an info box. I also didn't make it quite as pretty as it will be because I wasn't sure if I was allowed to do this.

Granted by Viratas
Positive Marks The ability to absorb memories and skills
Negative Marks The inability to consume anything with blood and wounds won't heal
Positive Mark Appearance Three elegant looking chain link that is added to for each mark.
Negative Mark Appearance Broken chain links that look as though they were cut out of the skin.
Mark Location Anywhere
First mark Only after impressing Viratas

Silakrov is the Gnosis given by the God of Blood, Viratas. At a low level this grants a person access to a persons thoughts and memories by drinking their blood. However with a greater amount of marks, they are also able to absorb abilities. This can be done to any body, alive or dead, so long as it still has blood in its body. The things absorbed are not taken from the victim, just shared and the victim also does not have to be sucked dry.

Viratas is generally pretty picky about who gets the mark, partially because his followers don't seem to be able to agree whether he rewards preserving blood or spilling it. If one has managed to win his favor, a red mark that resembles three chain links appear somewhere on the body. This is mostly because he is also the god of Connection

Mark Progression

Marked [Cursed] - 1 Gnosis Mark

A person gifted with one mark is granted the ability read a persons mind for the duration they are being fed on. If the victim is already dead, the bearer will be able see their last memory. If a person with one mark from Viratas is wounded, they will heal quickly, even more so if they drink blood.

A person cursed by Viratas will be unable to consume any blood without getting severely sick, the most common symptom being repetitive vomiting, but others can occur. If a cursed person is wounded, their injury will not clot easily or heal quickly.

Favored [Despised] - 2 Gnosis Marks

A person given second mark is granted to is given the ability to 5 minutes of any memory of their victim and every now and then be able to absorb a skill point completely at random. The bearer will be able to still be able to read a persons thought a for a few minutes after they finish feeding. Any wound will heal exponentially faster, taking days to heal completely if they would have taken weeks.

A person despised by Viratas cannot eat meat or consume any blood without becoming cripplingly sick for at least a few weeks. If they sustain any cut or laceration, the wound will not clot by itself. Not only that, but it will be easier to make the victim bleed.

Priest/Priestess [Adversary] - 3 Gnosis Marks

A priest or priestess of Viratas will be able to absorb a skill point form each person thy feed on. Even if the victim survive that is all the priest(ess) will be able to take per person. Any wound sustained will heal within minutes, again faster if drinking blood, and the entire memory of a person is avalible to those bearing three marks.

If somehow a person has angered the God of Blood enough to get a third negative mark, any touch with be enough to break the skin and nothing will make these wounds clot. These people are basically doomed.

Champion [Nemesis] - 4 Gnosis Marks

The Champion of Viratas is gifted in a strange way. The bearer will be able to sense those they have fed on (provided they are still alive), be able to continue to read the last person's mind they fed on, and all wound sustained will heal instantly. A champion will be able to absorb up to 5 skill points for every person they feed off of. Champions are really rare.

If somehow a person survived 3 negative Gnosis mark and received a fourth from Viratas, the will instantly begin bleeding from every orphus until thy are complete drained. No one has ever received a fourth negative mark, no one has ever even survived a third one.

Again this is my roughest of drafts!
Nira Curare
Player

Words: 6791
Joined roleplay: January 28th, 2010, 1:40 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Re: [Gnosis] Silakrov

Postby Demetri Velutina on January 30th, 2010, 3:50 am

I was actually working on my own write up on this and Nice Nira. I did a little combining of mine to Nira's. I thought it would be a little different.

Marked [Cursed] - 1 Gnosis Mark
A person gifted with one mark is granted the ability to see, touch, taste, smell, and hear the memories of a person as if they lived the moment. At one mark they have no control of the select memory see, appearing in incoherent babble. If a person with one mark from Viratas is wounded, they will heal small wounds faster if they drink blood.

Thoses with this mark may carry a vile of blood for healing purposes ~so use of the blood may give greater life~ The Blood must be given willingly or collected after death.

A person cursed by Viratas will be unable to consume any blood without getting severely sick, the most common symptom being repetitive vomiting, but others can occur. If a cursed person is wounded, their injury will not clot easily or heal quickly.

Favored [Despised] - 2 Gnosis Marks
A person Favored with two mark is granted the ability to see, touch, taste, smell, and hear the memories of a person as if they lived the moment. At this level one will be able to select up to three full memory before it becomes incoherent babble and Skill Knowledge(Lore like) of the blood of the person drunken.

If a person with 2 marks from Viratas is wounded, they will heal larger wounds faster if they drink blood

A person despised by Viratas cannot eat meat or consume any blood without becoming cripplingly sick for at least a few weeks. If they sustain any cut or laceration, the wound will not clot by itself. Not only that, but it will be easier to make the victim bleed.

Priest/Priestess [Adversary] - 3 Gnosis Marks
A Priest/Priestess gifted with 3 mark is granted the ability to see, touch, taste, smell, and hear the memories of a person as if they lived the moment. At this level one will be able to select any memory and Skill knowledge of the person who's blood is drunken. If a person with 3 mark from Viratas is wounded, they will heal larger wounds considered near fatal if they drink blood

If somehow a person has angered the God of Blood enough to get a third negative mark, any touch with be enough to break the skin and nothing will make these wounds clot. These people are basically doomed.

Champion [Nemesis] - 4 Gnosis Marks
The Champion of Viratas is gifted in a strange way. The bearer will be able to sense those they have fed on (provided they are still alive), be able to read all the memories of a person from a single drop of blood and if a wound is sustained will heal instantly as his blood is important. A champion will be able to absorb up to 2-3 skill points for every person they feed off of. Champions of Viratas are rare.

If somehow a person survived 3 negative Gnosis mark and received a fourth from Viratas, the will instantly begin bleeding from every orphus until thy are complete drained. No one has ever received a fourth negative mark, no one has ever even survived a third one.
Demetri Velutina
Are you worth your blood?

Words: 23979
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2010, 6:21 pm
Character sheet

Postby Colombina on January 30th, 2010, 9:44 am

Hi, guys, I'm glad you're showing interest.

Normally, you ask the original author (whether mod or not) to finish a stub if one exists because they might have notes they just need to solidify or specific conceptions for the page. Or maybe just ask, "Hey can I help you on this?"

Original development (e.g. no page at all) or filling in a blank skill has more free reign.

Think of writing without flagging the author, like someone coming in and drafting a CS for you if yours is incomplete. You'd be both flattered and kinda bummed.

I feel left out since nobody asked me about the gnosis. It's like I'm the writeup wallflower. ::single tear::

Having said that, I like what I see and will use pieces to fill in the holes in my ideas. We can make it a collaboration.

For future reference, there is a specific thread where you can grab a mod's attention and ask for an incomplete page to be filled in: Here.
Getting to Know Me

[Insert awesome picture of scantily clad woman and something with wings here]
Feeling very poorly lately, have mercy on your absentee merbadger. (2/20/13)
Colombina
Mizahar's Only Mer-Badger Founder

Words: 632175
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2009, 8:56 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) O RLY Decoration (1)

Postby Nira Curare on January 30th, 2010, 3:16 pm

I'm sorry, I've only been a member for two days. I wasn't sure was the procedure was.
Nira Curare
Player

Words: 6791
Joined roleplay: January 28th, 2010, 1:40 am
Character sheet

Postby Colombina on February 11th, 2010, 6:30 pm

Hi, guys, I'm starting work on this today. I will be liberally using the ideas you have here and give you both credit on the writeup. :)

Feel free to grab me in chat if you have anything to add or just want to refine ideas.
Getting to Know Me

[Insert awesome picture of scantily clad woman and something with wings here]
Feeling very poorly lately, have mercy on your absentee merbadger. (2/20/13)
Colombina
Mizahar's Only Mer-Badger Founder

Words: 632175
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2009, 8:56 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) O RLY Decoration (1)