[Flashback] Partner in Crime? ...eh, no. [Toan]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Whisper on August 18th, 2011, 1:24 am

OOCI finally made it! Ha, I told you I would! It only took about a month! xD

85th of Summer, 505 AV

Her long red waves of hair bounced lightly on her shoulders after each scuff against the cobbled path and the light tink of a dislodged pebble sounded off of a wall nearby. Her day had not been going that well and she now simply walked the few streets of Ravok, having left the canal to her home a few minutes ago, since the day really couldn't seem to get worse. Her mother had sent her out after finding out that she was reading certain books behind her back, but, in particular, the main problem was reading the book on Shielding. It was so fascinating, the magics of the world, but her mother seemed intent on keeping her from it. When confronted about it, she was sent out to walk through Ravok to think on why that would be but to this very day she had not came up with a single reason. What was so bad about magic? "Whatever..." she thought and kicked at the street again.

A few clicks and a caw brought her attention away from the ground and her thoughts and she looked about for who she knew was coming. She held out her arm, the one with the leather gauntlet she now wore almost constantly, and a falcon quickly made his way down and perched on her arm. The length of the small blade inside the gaunlet pressed against her forearm when the bird gripped to keep his balance, but her skin for safe since the dagger was in a makeshift sheath. Her mother was against her carrying it, but she didn't take it away from her for fear that one day she would need it.

"Hello my feathered friend." she said, her tone soft and loving. She reached over and ran a slender hand down his feathers. She mimicked his greeting roughly, something her mother did to the bird on many occasions, but she herself never understood. Apparently it was some language called Nari or something but she had never heard anyone but her mother speak it. She understood very little of it, but she knew a greeting to say to her bird.

Ryek was noticeably happy at her clicks, but he only rubbed his head against her hand a little and then started to observe their surroundings. He always did that. Always. Whisper never knew what he was looking at specifically or even what he made of the world around them, but she had tried to see what he saw though it was hard to match the falcon's keen eye. The only thing around them was buildings, like always, and bridges on either side that went to the next set of houses or down to the canals. It was the same thing all over this section of the city, just with minor differences to which way the paths lead or the way the exterior of the houses looked.

What did he see? He always saw something and it annoyed her that she couldn't see no matter how much she looked. She surveyed the area again for the third time and still didn't quite see what Ryek would focus on for a few moments. She sighed and continued walking the familiar streets doubting that she truly knew them.
Last edited by Whisper on September 20th, 2011, 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved."
-Helen Keller
Whisper
The Lady with the Falcon

Words: 45631
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2011, 4:18 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Toan Onox on August 19th, 2011, 4:10 am

Toan had been nothing but hungry all day, and the fact that he had nearly been caught by the Ebonstryfe earlier today surely meant that he had to be careful what pocket he dipped his hand in. However he had found an opportune moment, a woman with a bird just so happen to catch his eye. No doubt the bird will detect if he tries contacting her on purpose, but who's to say he couldn't stage an accident. So after taking a trip over a bridge and through a few alleyways he was ahead of her, now ready to make his performance with the woman. The crowd was perfectly in place around him and the stage was set, now came the first act.

Trying to push his way through the crowd, he tried to make it look like he was having trouble. Then with the right timing, stubbed his toe so that he nearly fell. When the nice lady caught the woman from falling, his hand quickly slipped into her pockets; only to find nothing inside them.

OOC :
Not sure if your character actually would've caught him, so I just went with the hunch. If you like for me to change it I will, oh by the way after a month I'd say bout time.:p
"Toan's words" Toan's thoughts "Ven's words" Ven's thoughts "Other's words"

Ricky - Byron
Journal - Plotnotes
Scrapbook - Image Edits - Updates - Vlogs
10-14-14 Update: Toan will be sent to Sunberth after his significant events in Nyka have been wrapped up!
Toan Onox
"I play the leading man."

Words: 109863
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2011, 3:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Whisper on August 19th, 2011, 4:25 pm

OOCI think the only way to word it better would be saying "If the nice lady caught the man from falling, his hand would quickly..."
But... that’s what I do since I’m not a very good judge of skill and what not. xD And plus, some people simply wouldn’t have caught him from falling.

Whisper reacted quickly enough to catch to boy from hitting his face, but he had landed awkwardly somehow. Ryek cawed out loudly and flapped his wings threateningly, but never left his master's shoulder. She found out how "awkward" his fall was when she felt something brush inside his pockets being that she was never one for loose clothing. It was annoying, but it was expected here in Ravok, especially in this area.

She didn't care for petty thieves in any case and let go of him to leave him with no support to lean on, if he had not already stood back up quickly. If he was on the ground or standing up, she did a quick look over him. The boy looked to be maybe in his teens, definitely younger than her, but had a rather squalor look to him. She might admit to herself that he was cute, but would never speak those words, especially to someone who just tried to rob her. Her mother never let her leave the house with valuables and Whisper saw she had a point since most of everything that had didn't need to be taken out into the streets. Though she wished her mother would allow her to carry a dagger, but she had refused her on many occasion and successfully keeping her near the house.

"What the hell were you doing?" she asked sharply, seeing if he had any truth in him or to settle her thoughts that it may have been an accident. Ryek hissed from her shoulder at the boy, but no longer holding a threatening posture.
"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved."
-Helen Keller
Whisper
The Lady with the Falcon

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Toan Onox on August 20th, 2011, 9:21 am

Oh no oh no oh no oh no oh on oh no... What did I do? What do I do? I messed up, I'm so screwed! He could feel the fierce gaze of her feathered friend pierce right through his flesh, like his eyes could see through any lie he could bring up. In short he was left only to stand there, trying not to sulk in front of the woman. Only the loud cry of his stomach filled the silence that he tried to keep. What to do what to do? "I..." His stomach interrupted him, crying for food that was long to be had. He tried not to sound desperate, but he had to avoid trouble. "Please don't call an Ebonstryfe over, I only did because I haven't eaten all day!"

Ricky - Byron
Journal - Plotnotes
10-14-14 Update: Toan will be sent to Sunberth after his significant events in Nyka have been wrapped up!
Toan Onox

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Whisper on August 21st, 2011, 4:44 am

That word "Ebonstryfe" brought a cold smirk to her lips. She despised those people with a passion and their damned god. If it was within anyone's power, she wished they would take Rhysol's heart out of his chest. She would do it herself if she had the power to. That was merely the see-saw emotions and views of a young adult who did not fully understand anything. Akajia was her goddess and that was who she cared to have in favor in her simple minded way, but in time she will understand more. For now though, she will revel in her undeveloped positions.

"I'm not going to report you. You should work on your pickpocketing though." she said and looked down at him slightly with a smirk. She didn't approve of theft, but she liked to see what people did under certain conditions. "I have to ask, why me as a target?"
-Helen Keller
Whisper
The Lady with the Falcon

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Toan Onox on August 26th, 2011, 12:21 pm

His face dropped as the question should've seemed to obvious to ask, he was desperate and she seemed to stand out. Different than other people, probably because of her bird. "I... I'm just hungry, I didn't necessarily pick you for a reason..." He thought he sounded desperate, which made him sulk even more. He hated being poor, with no money or parents he was left alone. Surviving the streets was hard enough, finding a way to get food or coin was the only occupation he had. "I'm sorry." He was silent for a few minutes, then the gnarly sound of his stomach cut off what silence he tried to hold onto. Later in life he was going to be a better person to women, especially after dealing with this one.

OOC :
Sorry it took me a while to get a reply, wasn't entirely sure what to post. Sorry if it seems crappy too.

Ricky - Byron
Journal - Plotnotes
Toan Onox

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Whisper on September 11th, 2011, 1:34 am

She smirked at him, a condescending smirk at that, and looked down at him for a few moments before scanning the area. "You have to look for people who won't know that something missing until they are too far away to bother." she said with a lowered voice, trying to keep the conversation as private as possible.

She liked to cast herself as observant and wise, but it was really Ryek who was the one who pointed out things. She never understood how he could pick out the perfect target in a crowd or how the heck he even had the thought capacity for that, but when he focused on something it was always on something interesting or useful. "And the less deep you have to go into their pockets the better." she said and smiled wickedly. In the last year or so she had taken up petty stealing but never anything of great value since she didn't have the skill for it, but she had an eye for it. Rather, she was learning from Ryek to get the eye.

A man in less than lavish clothing strolled by the two, a pouch hanging on his belt, and took a lewd look over Whisper as he passed. His grubby face pulled back into a smirk and his greedy eyes filled Whisper with the overbearing feeling of scum and it made her stomach turn. If it was one thing that pissed her off more, it was low-life men who had nothing better to do than sneer and think they were high and mighty. Her temper flared but she kept a calm visage for the most part, but after he was out of earshot she whispered quickly to the boy. "Wanna make quick money?" A plan had already formulated in her thoughts and she was more or less making her question a statement.

The target in mind now was probably strong, given his stocky frame, but she was going to bet he wasn't very fast. He also looked like he would be stupid enough to fall for a simple distraction trick given his first impression. Maybe he had a few gold mizas on him for them to split so Toan could buy food and Whisper could spend it on whatever she wished. In her mind, it was a plan worth doing because of spite. And she didn’t even need Ryek to point him out for her.

OOCDon't worry! I took a while too and I’m sorry about that! I’m sorry the language is a bit basic, but I was trying to figure a way to make it work. xP
Last edited by Whisper on September 15th, 2011, 3:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
-Helen Keller
Whisper
The Lady with the Falcon

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Toan Onox on September 13th, 2011, 1:41 am

Toan's face brightened after she made the statement, of course he'd like to make some money. He was poor and starving, and he could very well learn more from her. Nodding his head in approval, he allowed her to lead and watched her every move as they headed close to the target of their liking. She seemed to pick a bulky one, but Toan looked like he could outrun him; that is if Toan wasn't weak from hunger. Eager to get on with it, Toan wanted to urge her but knew it wouldn't do. It'd make things risky, as well as distract her from what they both were about to get into.

OOC :
Sorry for taking a bit, and the post is pretty crappy.:l I'll let you pick up from here though.

Ricky - Byron
Journal - Plotnotes
Toan Onox

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Whisper on September 15th, 2011, 3:40 am

Whisper's lips pulled back in a sweet but wicked smile, the kind of smile that one should grow wary about the holder's intentions towards anyone. "Good and now for the show. When I distract him, you cut loose the pouch he has and run. Then look for Ryek in the sky in an hour and follow him." she said and motioned to the bird, but the she turned a hard glare towards Toan. "If you take off with the all the spoils, I will find you and you'll wish you never met me." She would probably never harm him if it came to that, but by this point she knew she could cow him into submission. He was afraid of the world around him and he was lost in it as well, but most importantly he was desperate. A good thing for her in the matter because she felt he was too afraid of her to cross her, but it could prove a problem in that he wouldn't be quick enough to snatch the pouch. She paused in her thinking and looked over him. "You do have a dagger or something right?" she asked with a sigh afterwards. If he didn't have one this plan wouldn't work out great at all. Though she had a dagger on her as well, she was going to use it if the boy failed and was caught before being able to get the pouch; so if and when the man turned to retaliate, she would be the one to snatch the pouch. Of course, she wouldn't hold back on her word, but if he was caught physically he might be on his own.
-Helen Keller
Whisper
The Lady with the Falcon

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Toan Onox on September 17th, 2011, 5:13 am

Toan shook his head to her question of the dagger, but he did remember what she told him earlier. If he was fast enough, he could cut the pouch and run away. Toan was fast when it came to running away nowadays, though with an empty stomach it wasn't going to be so easy. It was down to this though, either cut it and run or go hungry. "I can use one if you have one on you, I'll even give it back. Promise!"

Ricky - Byron
Journal - Plotnotes
Toan Onox

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next