Haters Gonna Hate.((Private))

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Darik on August 18th, 2011, 10:32 pm

NOTICE:This is the sequel to this threadhere.
Date: 10 of Summer, 511 AV ((around 2:00))
Pc’s Present: Darik, Valorae, Canali

Read the title of this thread before you read this post. You should have read the title by now. If you haven’t, I KILL YOU! *Cough* Ahem, sorry I had to say that. Some people just don’t respect the rule. Back to the point, the title is true. The one thing it doesn’t mention is some people just attract haters to them like bees to honey. One such person is Darik. He could be successful if he just got into better situations.

From the outside you wouldn’t think Darik as an attractor. He seemed normal, his facial features were all aligned, and he was skinny. So he should fit in with the rest of the populace. But for some reason everytime sometime bad happened he ended up being the scapegoat by popular vote. Yep, that’s democracy in its finest form. No wonder no self respecting nation uses it. Yes, Sunberth is a democracy.

Our riveting story starts in an unlikely place. The sun baked streets of Sunberth. Streets aren’t the proper name, more like trodden dirt, but whatever. There were relatively few people on them, it was hot out and being outside is asking to be mugged. Darik wasn’t scared though, he had done this many times before. Just with less precious cargo. Okay, you could call his cargo a companion, but because of her brain level she’s like a pack animal.

Yep I said her. It was a girl clothed in a silken dress, a dress Darik had bought with his own money. Long story short, they were heading towards the slave market, a place of fortune. Darik intended to sell the women there. That’s why he bought the dress to raise the price of his merchandise. Also because women in their birthday suits attend to attract the rougher inhabitants of Sunberth. No, Darik wasn’t even close to liking this women. She was like an animal, their only purpose was to be sold. No matter how heavenly they looked…

So Darik and the women walked the streets. They could almost be seen as lovers, Darik’s hands were around her hips. Most women didn’t allow him to get that close, but she was in a distressed state. Nothing could possibly go wrong in a situation like this…
Darik
Troublemaker

Words: 231903
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2011, 5:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Valorae on August 18th, 2011, 11:29 pm

Syna…
Ha, I wish… The bounds of the world still fell upon me, the world pulling me towards its burning center. My legs feel so heavy bobbing in the arms of my holder. He had spoke again, that boy. Damn-it would he give up? Is it not enough to see I want to be left alone? I am in no condition to squirm…I at least need to clean myself up. What’s the point with Syna already passing over? There’s no way she’ll find me now. Tomorrow…tomorrow she’ll come for sure. For now, I’ll just be strong and carry on. That running felt so, so strange.

I opened my eyes, which hurt from being all dry and salty…too many tears. I pulled that dress up to my eyes and wiped what I could. He kept trotting along so…barbarically. Those thumping steps, was he mocking my weight?! I looked up just a tip, slight, but I think he noticed still. He looks simple, very simple in all degrees. Plain hair, eyes, skin, he looks dirty and ill kept. That smirk, what the hell was that smirk? I’ll rip his throat out; I’ll rip his damn throat out and mount his head upon my spear! I’ll feast upon his flesh alongside Myra! Myra…who…what am I thinking. Eat this disgusting…oh the thought is making me sick. Where am I?

I’ll look again… more buildings, filth and trash, perverted eyes, oh the shame! I stole back to my hands and peeked a bit more. To my right I saw the path we traveled was drawing clear of these rats and rodents. They were all filthy; I saw it in their very hearts. The hell with it, he was putting me down now.

I took a moment of thought of how he looked at me earlier. The dress was for me after all, so there was some value he found in me. Whoever I am… Valorae… I’m Valorae. We’re in, he said Sunberth. Where is Sunberth… Was it to the north? North of where? What’s north?! The hell I can’t think properly… Kelvic, he called me a dirty kelvic too! What fur litters this body that he dare call me such a beast? None that I see I’ll tell him! I’ll just, oh enough of this…

She spoke softly, her voice shaking still from her upset. Her voice was soft and warm, a bit inviting despite her withdrawn state. “I’m Valorae…” She started simple enough, and seemed quite feeble and meek. “I want to stop and clean myself up.” Not so little and weak anymore, Valorae’s tone took on a greater sense of demand and control. She turned her head afterward to his and stared back into his eyes. Her own eyes reflected a great internal burning. The contrast between her blood-shot arteries truly emphasized the blue of her iris in both eyes. Look into my being, they beckoned, and feel what I feel. See what I see. Understand me, and let me free from this prison. She didn’t gulp or shift, but rather stood very firm in his arms now. No more shaking, no more crying. She reached her right hand across her chest to his arm and grasped lightly to bring as much sense of importance to the matter as she could. She wanted down, and she’d get down for whatever reason she wanted. For the moment that reason was to clean herself.

OOCValorae's Myrian personality, the part that ensured survival in the west of Fylandar, is budding. Hopefully it will help her stay alive in the stone jungle of Sunberth as well...
Pardon the coding scroll...if I can restrict a framepic! tell me how...thanks :D
Valorae
Conflicted

Words: 138871
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2011, 1:25 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Darik on August 27th, 2011, 2:09 am

oocThe reason I didn’t reply sooner is because your good writing scares me away! Write worse, dammit!

The girl spoke her name solemnly as they walked towards the Slave Market. It seemed very odd to introduce themselves to each other now, but maybe it was a pleasantry from wherever she came from. Darik, a good fella at heart, replied with his. “Darik. With a D not a G.” Yes, Garik is actually a real name. Trust me, Darik knows. The whole name mix up had even caused a argument. It ended with one of the combatants having a black spot around their eye. Sadly, the victim’s name started with a D.

After Darik divulged into the girl’s cultural formalities , she seemed to change. Not in the physical sense, but one moment she was quiet and the next she turned into a control freak. She even gazed with her restless blue eyes on Darik’s joyful globes. It was if a sudden beast had rose from her heart and was controlling her body. Darik could almost chuckle. If this was the true Valore he wanted to do nothing with her. He liked girls that reeked of innocence not girls that wanted to have a personality. Indivigality is common, where’s the shallow naïve girls when you need them?

Before Valore touched him, he was dead set on not letting her clean. Why would he? Then when she touched his arm his whole opinion changed. It was almost like magic, but in a different sense. Of course he would allow Valore to clean up! Why not? He had bought her a dress so having her clean up would just enhance her appearance. “Sure, just follow me. Keep up.” He gave a slight wink that could be taken the wrong way.

Darik removed his hand from his hip because it slowed down movement. He instead hooked his arm around hers and started to pull her towards a place she could clean. He didn’t notice if she protested, he wanted to let her get clean then get her to slavery as soon as possible. The sooner his pocket was filled with the riches of others, the better.

They arrived at what he would call a cleaning place. No other human inhabitants were situated around the river but that could change within seconds. Sunberth inhabitants are attracted to women, especially the venerable ones in water. The “river” flowed on a previous occupied street. The tide of Sunberth’s beaches caused the water level on the bay to sometimes rise above optimal level. When that happened it would make some of these “rivers” for about a day. They were the cleanest part of Sunberth… till people threw their waste into them. They were like portable trash can’s till they flowed… somewhere. Darik wasn’t particularly sure were. He had never followed them before. Maybe that’s something he would find out on a later date.

When they were close to the “river” or a more appropriately name, stream, Darik took a step back. The broken down buildings casted shadows that Dariktried to hide in. He figured that he would be invisible as the night itself. He would watch in silence, and use his eagle eyes to sense any conflict. The thing he didn’t consider was he was like a black splotch on a white shirt. He was obviously crouching in the shadows watching what the girl would do. The one thing he wondered while squatting there was: why would she want to clean up when she was just in the ocean? Any logical being wouldn’t need to clean up after a dip in the ocean, but then again women aren’t logical beings.
Darik
Troublemaker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Valorae on August 27th, 2011, 8:31 pm

Being taken by the arm was less than expected, however she was getting what she wanted. What’s the saying, beggars can’t be choosers? Valorae would probably beg to differ... She looked at the back-side of his head while they walked, and back to the streets and alleys as they ducked through this back way to somewhere clean, if such a thing could exist in this dump. She only processed what he said after the matter, that is him being Darik, some now eager and demanding, perhaps a bit intimidated, it seemed to her. The wink was over looked...for now. She had other things to worry herself about over more gestures; she’d received enough to make her glare with each block they passed.

Lovely, that word single handily encapsulated the whole of Valorae’s sarcastic commentary of this site, the cleanest thing in Sunberth’s limits she’d beheld yet. The expectation Darik had was laughable, for her to clean herself in this ruddy stream with all the more salt water to damage her skin, if such a thing was possible. When he stopped, she kept on, her arm slipping through his looped armed. From there he could see her head and hair bob up and down with her commanding steps. Her eyes, facing the same direction as Darik’s were, perceived the land about and beyond this stream. There had to be something, something to get her free from this...this nightmare!

Despite the frantic thought process which over took her, she kept up her deceitful appearance and trudged over to the bank of the stream. The water had that oceanic odour of salt and waste she had the misfortune of being in earlier that day. She kneeled down in the dirt, just before it turned to mud...the dirt was soft end shifting from either lack of support or dampness......and cradled some of the water in her hands. Though she kept head low, seemingly fixated on her hands from a distance, she was scanning the land over. She could run, but she had no idea where she was or where to go. One thing remained certain, and that was the suicidal impossibility of surviving in the jungle outside of a city without help. She’d need a weapon, movement, camouflage...everything she didn’t have.

She cried out to him, “Darik!” though it game off a tad shrill, “I need a cloth!” Her wish was his command, no? She waited for that, to lure him close again. There was something strange about this city, the way people looked at her. This boy was no better, but what he was doing remained a mystery...a mystery she’d soon have answers for. She looked back down...no rocks were shaped or sized for her purpose. The water, her enemy in the morning, would now be her friend in this later afternoon. She waited patiently, a crouching tigress anticipating the movements of its prey for the time to strike... Little did the tigress know there was something hunting her as well. Adjacent the ruined building which Darik failed to conceal himself under in shadow, stood a more versed creature in this art of subtlety. He grinned at the girl so foolishly calling to the boy like a servant and studied her more. His muscled arms were crossed high on his chest; he was merely biding his time.

OOC :
by Leviathan

As for the use of the NPCs, yes you can use them within reason. You can't make them murder prominent NPCs or PCs. You can't have them making any sort of profit for your own PC. You can't control them as much as you'd be able to control a PC. Mainly think of the results of actions. If an action benefits a PC tremendously or disables them significantly or creates some sort of city-wide drama, it's not allowed. As for using them to harass your own PC, you can do anything you want.

I'll get them up as soon as possible. You can go ahead and use them even before I have them officially set up.

This is introducing a NPC named Malum who’s going to take advantage of Valorae a greater deal this coming season and possibly into winter. I’m just getting him involved with the scene...if Levi or Arch can’t hop in and assume control I might hunt down a guest mod to take over Malum for the duration of the thread... With the quote above, I can’t personally say he’ll give you, Darik, anything good or bad. Not only would it conflict with character, but I simply am not allowed. xD
If you're covered with your job at Killroy's, well despite that you wouldn't get much money anyway, we might change that plot a bit? Malum is more likely to just nap her and beat you up or threaten to nap you too...we'll see. >.>
Valorae
Conflicted

Character sheet

Postby Darik on September 5th, 2011, 9:19 pm

oocLol we have a plot? I thought Darik was just trying to make money off Valorae. I really don’t call that a “plot”. So change everything you need! :D Though there is still a chance Darik will get his goal. :P

Due to the job description of Darik, the life span is usually short lived and ends with immense injury. So they need replacing often. Because of the loss of so many, all you have to do is say yes to this block of text to become Darik’s successor. Sure there’s a few disadvantages; slow reflexes, low brainpower, a lust of money that can’t be quenched, but if there wasn’t any who would want to be Darik anyway? Like any job, being Darik comes with advantages. Just errr… we haven’t thought of any yet. But we will! Wait, here’s one! Some things can happen that could potentially be a good thing. Well okay, maybe not good but more like less bad than usual.

As Darik stood in a corner of shadow, his foot started to fidget back and forth. His legs after already a few moments of squatting were starting to get cramped. He had never truly hid before, he always ended up running when a conflict came about. So his legs were not used to being patient. As such, they always wanted to be in continuous motion and they would not be denied. One of his feet, accidentally touched one of the adjacent trashcans or, in a visual sense, barrels that happened to have trash in them. Usually a single touch wouldn’t tip a trash can, but this one was different. It was propped upon so many layers of debris that it was surprising that it stood before Darik’s toe touched it. Just like a bad horror movie, one action caused a reaction.

The trashcan started to roll towards Valorae, its contents spilling out. Darik was going to move from his position when he realized it was a good thing. Trashcans contain cloths! So he was accomplishing her wish! Never to be a under achiever, Darik shuffled a few steps to a trashcan that wasn’t tipped to one side. Using both of his hands as anchors he started to push the trashcan. Only problem is, it didn’t move. Getting lower to the ground and digging one of his feet in, he tried again. This time it gave way and started to crash down towards Valorae. Now she would be all nice in clean! Unless of course the trashcan hit her…Ohh well. Nothing worth having a meltdown about.

Without the trashcan’s extra layer of protection, Darik realized he was much more out in the open. Well, more exposed then he had started. Laying flat on his belly, Darik grapped hold of a half rotted chair. He used his arm’s to put its seat over his head. The top was mostly rotten, so the bottom was relatively nice. You know, for a camouflage factor. With the chair above his head, he was invisible again. Any prying eye would just see a chair, not the immensely handsome boy underneath. After being in a good watching position again, Darik did just that. He watched Valorae.

Okay maybe that wasn’t as much as a success as I made it out to be, but at least Darik can't possibaly get hurt!
Darik
Troublemaker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Valorae on September 11th, 2011, 7:04 pm

Darik!” she said again with thunder impatiently awaiting his appearance, though she was left unanswered. What was he doing, that insolent boy? That she wondered, not long before she was answered. The first barrel probably saved her, the sound on the dirt as it rolled across. She turned to look behind her as to what was the matter and soon found the undeniable fact that a large wooden barrel was hurtling towards her at the speed of stupid. She leapt out of the way to her left and ended up in the bank. The cylinder barrelled over her, smacked the opposite side, and floated in the still water.

The icy razors that were her eyes shot back to Darik from the bank. She gave up and took a look at herself while she was at it. Cleaning up, oh the irony of her purpose; now she was a bigger mess than before. The filthy scent of the barrels’ waste became more notable, even on her. She was now muddy from about the knees down, and her feet, if not wet. Her arms were marked up as well, light scraps and whatever else the earth felt like sharing upon her impact. After now finding herself messier than before, anger filled her. She stared down that idiot under the chair...

Picking herself up, she opened her arms wide as she dripped. Against Darik’s hopes, she took no notice to the garbage he so generously shared with her. In the corner of her eye she saw movement and turned to look at an adjacent building. Nothing, maybe a rat. She looked back at Darik, sighed in utter sorrow, and went back to cleaning. She bent on her side awkwardly, she proved to be flexible enough almost as if to bridge. Her hands gathered water and she washed. Over the trash and through the barrels to Darik’s hiding spot did she go. Like a bull she bowed her head and reared her horns, but truly saw red.

When she got to Darik she loomed over him so low to the earth, hiding like a rat. She let out a quick breath, and something else took over. She looked seemingly calm, but then she reached down, grabbed the chair, and flung it behind her if he wasn’t holding on tight enough. From there she’d stoop down and speak with a voice of calm, though the inflections suggested otherwise.

Darik,” she said in that icy tone, “exactly what did you just do?” Against the moving sun she was cast upon him a contradiction of light and dark, against all beauty in the sun’s light, her voracity for something dark was reflected in the shade. So, she waited again for the moment to strike, for Darik to slip up for her own abuse.
Valorae
Conflicted

Character sheet

Postby Darik on September 19th, 2011, 10:00 pm

oocSorry for the sucky post. :/
The girl disrupted Darik’s hiding spot! It was perfect too, no one would ever think of a boy hiding under the chair. She even smashed it to bits on a adjacent walls. Either she was full of happy thoughts, like bunny and rainbows, or she was in rage mode. He sure hoped she had some rainbows stored, because he would need them.

”Helping you clean up honey?” He asked still on the ground. He didn’t want to appear threatening else she might bolt again. And he didn’t want that, she sure did run fast when she wanted to. He changed his thought when he realized that being on the ground may be a sign of weakness, so he stood up. He brushed off some loose debris that had stuck to his poorly made clothes. Ya he was stupid, he was trying to make his sackcloth clothes appear not so dirty in comparison of her silk dress. He failed miserably.

“Now that you are cleaned up, Or as clean as the Sunberthain water could make her. ” I would like to ask that we move on to the… happy place. Ohh, such a awesome word. “Yes the happy place. That’s were I am going to take you. Trust me its wondeeeerfurl.” Is the slave market wonderful? It is for him at least. “We are really close by the way.” He said in a tone meant to talk to a young child. The girl was just like that, a toddler needing guidance.

“Through this alley we are going to take a left, then a right then all your troubles will disappear in a flash.” Especially all the trouble she had caused Darik. He hoped he gave the right directions, otherwise he would be a liar. And if Darik is anything he sure isn’t a liar. Wait… yes he is! Ohh well… You know what I mean!

“Lead the way, I will follow right behind you” Darik had somehow kept his cool talking to the raged women. In all retrospect it was actually quite plausible, children often throw tantrums then go back into their cute loveable selves. Luckily, Darik doesn’t like children.

oocOkay if you do what Darik says we will enter the slave market FYI.
Darik
Troublemaker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Valorae on September 24th, 2011, 9:02 pm

Valorae, content at best, accepted the words as truth. She frowned though the whole while. The promise of a wonderful place, all her problems to be gone in a flash, while all so similar to the world she had come from and loved there was doubt. Her head smoothly turned to examine the path before her as shown by Darik. Shifting, she started toward it with some curiosity. Darik naturally would follow. Valorae snapped her head back to him with some vicious look.

She approached Darik with some sinister look in her eyes. There was consideration of a threat, if her hopes were proven false, but there was also a part of her that just wanted to accept the possibility that perhaps her way back to the Ukalas was within reach. Sunberth - sun birth – perhaps this was indeed a passage to Syna’s very realm as the sun dawns on the east horizon and settles over the west. What a wonder it would be indeed to behold and be held one more the rays of the sun in their warmth and glory to be raised onto the higher dawn of a world thereafter life once more; another opportunity for death to take her as the love of her life seizes her soul for the power and glory that is divine.

Keep up…” she snapped, then snapped again toe to toe and walked down the alley as Darik lead from behind. She walked to certain doom by trusting this babbling fool.
Valorae
Conflicted

Character sheet

Postby Darik on September 26th, 2011, 9:15 pm

ValHay Tiki, I have no idea if this is what should happen, so… tell me if it needs to change.

Darik trailed behind Val for reasons unknown to the girl. Truthfully, he was searching for some kind of restraint for the wily girl. Finally he found a respectable one, a rope that was mostly in tact. It was a rare find(the in tact part not the rope itself) and Darik wasn’t going to let it go to a waste. He was going to put her in a more defined relationship with Darik.

He got a running start and got lower to the ground. He hit her with his hand closing around her hips, thus causing her to hit the ground. Usually Darik was a weakling but surprise is a very good benefactor in situations like this. When they were both on the ground, Darik shook his head free of all of the confusion. He needed to move fast before she could recover. He lopped the rope under and over her hands twice then just started to do random knots. He didn’t know how to tie ropes, but it didn’t matter if it looked pretty. The real point of knots are to keep things together, and that’s what his misfit did. While he had been intent on making restraints, a few figures snuck up on him.

By natural instinct or maybe he tripped over a rock, he ended up dodging an arrow. It skimmed the top of his hair barely missing his noggin. Being a survivalist he quickly moved from his position over Val. He put himself in a more defensible position, meaning dagger withdrawn and back to a wall. So you think having your back to the wall is stupid? Not even close! If you don’t have a solid large thing behind you, you can be ambushed from people from behind. No matter how epic Darik is, his head can’t turn on a swivel.

Four men entered the alley. One griped a bow while the other three had swords drawn. They were tall and looked in fairly good shape. Also did I mention they looked menacing? So what was Darik’s reaction at seeing these men? He laughed, because they weren’t even a chance for him. The men surprised at his reaction stood there dumbfolded. How many boys have you seen laughing in the face of men?

“What’ ha you talking about? One of the swordsman asked. Through snorts of laughter Darik answered. “Yeh, ya, you, guys.” Some people truly do laugh at death. To anyone but Darik this could be a bad thing. But to Darik it was possibly the funniest thing he had ever heard. His ribs started to hurt from convulsions, but it was much to funny to stop the pain.

“How ‘bout we take em both?” The archer, who must have been the leader, corrected the man. ”No, he only want’s the girl. Darik hadn’t been listening till he heard the girl part. He knew that he wasn’t a girl and the four men weren’t so that left only one option Val. Unless you know there was invisible girl hiding by him.

He tried to get control of himself. He really did. Every time he tried to speak calmly with a retort, a snort of laughter would come out making him all giggles. The men realizing he wasn’t a threat disposed of him quickly. One of the swordsman quickly took the butt end of his sword to Darik’s head, disorientating him and knocking him to the ground ”Let’s go! Get the girl quickly.” “ Ya sure we—“ “We do what the boss orders, nothing more. So let’s move!”
Darik
Troublemaker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Valorae on October 12th, 2011, 11:42 pm

Despite all efforts to track the mutt in her quake she had failed to keep up secure enough a guard. The little brat jumped her, and before she could even turn around they were on the ground. it was almost romantic, except for the fact that Darik was doing the shoving, and soon after knot tying. As if her present condition wasn’t a wreck enough, she had a boy hopping on her like a monkey trying to tie her up. She was squirming under him, still weak and slow like a new born still adjusting to the light let alone having to lift her delicate arms against the gravity of the world. She was sure to get a slap or scratch in, but the chaos of his movements…that is the disorganized conundrum he would call knot tying…had managed to bind her arms together. The whole of his body weight on her was too much at times when he was leaning, and she had to tense her body just to keep her breath. Her lips were loose and teeth gleaming in the sun wanting to reach out and bite him. Such vicious eyes, oh those vicious eyes.

Darik shifted again, Valorae even oof-d from his weight on her. To some degree of relief, he was off of her in the next moment. She had heard the arrow whistle over head, but of course in such a state that was the least of her concerns. Her eyes had followed Darik when he moved. Her body was turned over to crawl to him in some savagely driven desire to sink tooth and nail into him and rip the flesh from his bones. If she could only get a hold of him…

Then they spoke, not much of a conversation honestly, but they were speaking to a degree. The evident situation mentioned she was the target at hand, though she had little intent to go peacefully. Her moment of opportunity had passed long ago at high noon, her chance to escape that is. Now he unconscious Darik was settled beside the wall and some goons lingered over head.

The orders were made clear, and the swordsmen reached out to her. She kicked her bare feet at their legs or scratched out. The bow string was plucked and then drawn back to strike the heart. She acutely looked up to the bowman as the others grabbed her. She still shook in their arms.

Feisty bitch… always the charmer. Let’s get ‘er over to the boss, and don’t be touchin’ the boy none. Sunberth trash, for sure, ain’t got nothin’ of worth on ‘im anyway I bet ya.

What boss they had in mind was unclear, but it was certainly for the worst. Slung over the shoulder of a man she banged her knees and elbows into his front and back sides. The archer followed behind far enough to keep a watch on her; he seemed certain she was taken care of.

Shut her up already, would ya?

Fine, fine, quit your blubberin’.” With the stroke of the later’s hilt she was out like a candle.
Valorae
Conflicted

Character sheet

Next