[Avain Manor] Finding Excitement (Miro & Bones)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Miro on August 29th, 2011, 7:05 am

Miro had hoped that his jump attack would do some damage, instead he learned a harsh lesson in using flashy attacks. Having his foot punched to counteract the amount of force used not only shattered his foot armor it made his foot scream out in pain. He fell back and landed on on his butt hard. Hearing Bones tell him how stupid his attack made him smile. Even while cheating he couldn't match up to Bones in close quarters combat.

Miro stood up and as he put weight on his foot a surge of pain shot through his leg. "Bones, I think i might have sprained my ankle. I've done this before doing flux training. That flux kick was a bit too much. I shouldn't have done that. He shifted his weight off of the foot and bent it back. He made res encase his knee and the top of his leg and trail down to the ground in a thick gel. He froze it and practiced walking on it. "Much better! So, as long as I don't any weight on it we should be able to keep fighting.

Running forward at a sluggish pace, Miro would try to take Bones' advice to heart. He get in close and dropped down and sunk his fist deep into Bones' chest at an upward angle. The punch wouldn't be effective, but it would be proper to winning a fight. He stood no chance of beating Bones, but perhaps though, with some more lessons, he could take on Kinneas in a bare knuckle brawl.
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ssafirsotibones on August 29th, 2011, 4:38 pm

Bones smiled as his move was successful, and he knocked Miro onto his butt. Maybe he should not have hit so hard... Though he had not been sure how much force was needed to redirect the attack. His hand was a bit sore from doing so actually...

Flexing his fingers, he checked them out... A little sore... But nothing hurt... He was fine. Nothing broken, the impact had just made them sting a little.

He was a bit surprised to hear his foe had been using flux. He had thought he had detected something off about him... That was not natural.... But using magic in a friendly spar to enhance yourself? Surely that was folly...

"Yesss, do not forget your body can only handle ssso much. And usssing ssat type of unnatural force ssat is beyond what you are capable of normally, it will alwaysss be hard on your body. It isss not sssomessing you want to ussse unlessss you won't be fighting any more after it."

"And alssso don't forget, there is a harsssh payment for sssuch a ssing. You may feel good now, but sssoon the effort of ssat attack will come back, and be worse ssan if you had done much more. You sssacrifice future ssstrength, ssso ssat you can be better in the inssstant. I prefer to rely on my body, and to be at normal power for longer, inssstead of enhanced for a bit, and then crassshing."

Bones watched as Miro moved in once again, trying to hit him. He took his advice, coming in low, and using his smaller size to his advantage. Bones waited until he came upward, and then threw a punch of his own, aiming for Miro's left shoulder.

As he himself was punched in the chest, he felt a bit of the wind be knocked out of him, but the punch was nothing all that serious, and did not even force him to take a step back.

He himself did not try to hit with full force, and threw his punch at only about a normal humans strength, not wanting to send the man flying like a rag doll. That might not be conductive to a training environment.
Bones is a Constrictor Dhani. He likes to eat meat. He also has some speech problems.

When he speaks, a double s (ss) means a [th] sound, that he cannot say.

A triple s (sss) means just an [s], but it is extended in his speech.

Ssafirsotibones
Player

Words: 440799
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2011, 5:37 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Miro on August 29th, 2011, 6:02 pm

Miro couldn't be sure if Bones was correct about magic. All throughout his life, Miro had relied on magic as his source of strength. Using flux and reimancy allowed him to get around his fragile frame and weak size, but there was a drawback to relying on them. He couldn't even go through one friendly match without resorting to a cheap trick. He felt a deep shame sink into his soul, it weighed heavy on him. But there was one thing that he knew for sure. The more Miro used his magic, the better his skills got. There is a time and place for magic however, there was no need to use it at any opportunity. Though, there is nothing wrong with having a little fun here and there.

Bones' face showed him that the punch was much more effective than his other attack, and he had only used his own strength. He reveled in this realization of power. This happiness was cut short as he felt the force of a counterattack land in his shoulder. he staggered backwards several steps in a comedic display. It took everything he had to keep on his feet. He felt bad for Bones, one could hardly call this sparring, he hardly seemed to be fighting at all.

Now it was time to change all of this. Miro would be the one teaching Bones how to fight. There was only the question of how he was going to do so. Bones knew some wrestling moves, maybe that would be the key. Being knowledgeable in more than one form of unarmed combat gives you an edge. So instead of focusing on just one type of move, he should try to combine tactics. Using his size just as Bones had said was key. He could try to put him on the ground for once! If he could sweep bones off his feet, he would count this as a win. So far Bones hadn't even moved from his position.

Miro steadied himself and took off as fast as he could at Bones. As he got close he ducked down like had before and landed a strike into his gut pushing back. Instead of staying where he might get hit he continued moving as if he were trying to push his hand through him and darted his leg out behind Bones and continued to force him back. He pushed with all of his own natural strength trying to slam him to the ground. If Miro succeeded they would both go crashing to the ground together. But, if he failed, Miro would slip and slam his face down with all of the force he put into the attack.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ssafirsotibones on August 29th, 2011, 6:35 pm

Bones watched as his punch connected, jarring Miro pretty harshly. And he had only been using a bit of power.

Now though, MIro was sprinting at Bones once more, trying to do some odd attack. Bones tried to keep things simple, and this... Well it was not so straightforward. If this had been a real fight, he would have punched Miro in the face or throat, a vulnerable area, and would have either broken his nose, or had him choking for air on the ground.

But he did not want to kill the guy... And he did enjoy a decent fight, sparring with the other dhani back when he was younger... Twisting and trying to get the better position on the other. He did miss that... Not being at the nest any longer...

Now Miro was once more trying to punch Bones in the gut, and Bones was getting a bit tired of it. He let Miro come in close, and then snaked out both hands to grab at his wrists, clamping down like a vise. Using more or less his full strength now, he would try this which would be difficult to achieve with a normal humans strength.

If grabbing Miro's wrists was successful, he would try a tossing maneuver. He would yank on both arms, while sitting down, and trying to lift him over his head. Then he he would bring his feet up to Miro's chest, and push as he yanked on his arms, himself now laying flat on his back doing a sort of roll back.

If that worked, Miro would be tossed bodily through the air over Bones head like a ragdoll, flipping and landing on his back a good fifteen to twenty feet away. It would not kill him, but it would knock the wind out of him for a while, and would take a minute or two before he would be able to stand. That is assuming he was not unlucky enough to land or crash into anything.

Quite an interesting non-lethal wrestling technique.
Bones is a Constrictor Dhani. He likes to eat meat. He also has some speech problems.

Ssafirsotibones
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Miro on August 29th, 2011, 7:14 pm

After the punch connected Miro was waiting for them to crash to the ground, but he wasn't falling down. He felt Bones grab his wrists and their momentum shifted entirely. Miro was sent reeling up and backwards and hurdled through the air. As he was flipping he was Bones, then the house, then the ground, then Bones again. He was caught between a surprised awe of the experience and an immense fear and respect for how Bones had managed this feat without magic. He landed on his back hard. He sat there unable to move, not because of the wind that had be shoved from his lungs so hard, nor for the pain surging through his whole body. He felt defeated, frustrated, weak.

After a few moments of taking in the shame he realized that the ice on his leg was gone and he was lucky not to have broken any bones. He laughed realizing that he went into this attack attempting to break Bones. He staggered to his feet and fell back onto his butt still dizzy. "Bones, I think you win. I am going to say were lucky i didn't crash through the house. So, how about i practice a bit, and we can have a rematch. Next time, you will be the one who gets thrown!

Miro climbed up to his feet and limped over to Bones and bowed graciously. "Thanks for the fight friend. It was a pleasure! Sorry I can't keep going, I'm only human...sorta." Miro smiled playfully, hoping that he didn't make himself look too weak. He tested his leg out to see how it felt, perhaps he could keep going. It still stung, and he decided it best not to push things.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ssafirsotibones on August 30th, 2011, 1:43 am

Bones watched as his tumble maneuver worked, and Miro was tossed through the air. He did a nice flip, before landing with a 'WHOOM' on his back. Bones watched him as he sat there for a while, enjoying himself.

He had not had anyone to spar with or wrestle with in a while, and he was starting to have fun. A smile was even starting to form on his face... Well it was sort of a smile... More like a attempt at a smile from someone who had never seen one, and only had it described to him...

Smiles were one human emotion Bones could never get down... But still he tried, as he made his creepy grimace like facial expression. But Miro might be able to figure out he was attempting to smile. It did look vaguely like one....

He was a bit dissapointed at hearing Miro wanted to quite, and his smile/grimace slipped, making it look even more creepy.

"Already? But I wasss jussst getting ssstarted... You humansss break to easssy... Well, ssanks for the fight, it was not ssso bad."

While it might appear Bones had made a very neutral statement, really that was his compliment. His compliments tended to be apathetic and neutral, and if he really did not like something... He would say so... Though no one had really ever heard him say something was good....

Bones looked at him quizzically for a moment, wondering what he meant. Was he not human? He looked human... Though Bones had also met several other people who turned out to be other races, without realizing they were not human till he was told.

Such as that Isur that had attacked him... Bones just thought he was short... Oh well....

Bones would go and pick his stuff up, tossing aside his borrowed padding, and pulling on his robes over his pants. He would not bother with the shirt. It was all sweaty and wet.

Finally, he pulled on his weapon and his pack full of stuff, and was more or less ready to go.

"Well I will sssee you later, we will have to meet again..."

Ssafirsotibones
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Fallacy on August 30th, 2011, 4:16 am

XP Award!

Name:Miro
XP Award:
  • Flux- 2
  • Reimancy- 1
  • Acrobatics- 2
  • Brawling- 1
Lore:
  • Alvadas is plain
  • Mimicking Bones accent
  • Training with Bones
  • Pumped for a fight
  • Faceplant Fail
  • Using Reimancy and Flux together
  • Ice Reimancy Boots
  • Lessons on flashy attacks
  • Sprained Ankle
  • Crafting a brace of ice for a sprain
  • Bones fighting philosophy
  • Relying on ‘Cheap Tricks’
  • Becoming a ragdoll
  • Knowing when to quit
Notes:

Interesting to see Reimancy and Flux used together. I saw that your posts were getting better and better as the thread went on. Keep up the good work. You are improving ;)

Name:Ssafirsotibones
XP Award:
  • Body Building- 2
  • Observation- 3
  • Unarmed Combat- 2
  • Teaching- 3
  • Wrestling- 1
Lore:
  • Treasure the boring moments
  • Training with Miro
  • Preparing for a fight
  • Giving fighting advice
  • Bones fighting philosophy
  • Missing the nest
  • ’Smiling’
  • Disappointment of a fight done too soon
Notes:

What a nice little training thread. Good, short, sweet match between the two of you. Miro learned a lot, and Bones is quite the good teacher. I hope you two had fun with it :)

Any questions or concerns about the rewards gained please send a PM :)

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy
I think you're crazy just like me.

Words: 493223
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 7:58 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Previous