[Flashback] Misled by Fate (Delanie Moon)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The vast mountain range of Kalea is home of secret valleys, dead-end canyons, and passes that lead to places long forgotten or yet to be discovered.

Postby Belaya Smert on August 26th, 2011, 5:31 am

29th day of Summer, 510 AV

Belaya was terrified, hearing his parent's growling and snarling turn quickly into muffled whimpers as they were killed by the prowling hunters. Running as fast he could, he changed from human form to that of a wolf, where he would have much more endurance. Blindly running through the forest, he came to a clearing that had a road running through it. Looking both ways, he saw a human wearing a cloak walking down the road to his right. Running towards it, he was halfway to the human when an intense pain flared in his back left leg. Looking back, he saw that an archer had fired and hit him in his leg. Whimpering, he limped around and faced the Kelvic hunters. Growling weakly, he waited until one tried to attack him with a sword and then bit the man's leg, feeling the sword cut across his left eye. The hunter kicked him back, causing Belaya to tumble across the road and down the embankment. Some of his ribs were broken and blood ran down his face and left flank. As he fell down the embankment, he hit his head hard against a rock, knocking him unconscious.
Belaya Smert
Player

Words: 19991
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2011, 4:49 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Delanie Moon on August 28th, 2011, 8:18 pm

Delanie heard it all before she saw it. As she traveled through the woods she searched for prints of animals big enough to hunt. Thats when she heard the rustling sound of an animal. Delanie could also hear the shouts of men, calling to eachother.

"They are on a hunt too." She thought to herself. BUt Delanie knew they werent on her kind of hunt. She could tell these men were hunting for a much more primal reason. Delanie was currious about them, she wondered what they could be hunting out here at this time of night.

Delanie crept up on a clearing where she had heard the noises come from. Thats when she saw a large man kill two people without hesitaion. Just as she was about to turn around she saw another person run in the other direction. Delanie noticed she was the only one who had saw the boy escape.

Delanie ran to keep up with the creature, It moved so fast. The only reason she knew she was still behind it was because she could still hear the soft sound of its feet hitting the soft forest floor. As she got to the road Delanie watch the wolf charge toward a tall man in a clock. When she heard a loud whimpering sound come from the creature she nearly leap out of the cover of the trees, but she knew she couldnt be seen. Even after being shot with a wicked looking arrow the wolf still charged the man, bitting deeply into he leg. Before she could get all excited she watched as the mans sword came down hard across the animals face spilling blood instantly. The man kicked the wounded wolf with unnatural strength.

"That creature is sure to die. Wish they were a little harder to kill." Delanie made a strange hissing sound as the man walked away softly laughing at his comment. When she was sure he had left she ran down to the road where she had last seen the wolf. As she slid down the hill she finally saw it, curled up into a bloody mess.

She quickly tore off her cloak and wrapped the wolf inside it. Its face was covered in dark red blood, the fur already clumping together. As she moved him around she heard a small whimper. He was badly injured. Delanie lifted the bundle in her arms, barely able to carry him without falling forward. She ran home as fast as she could.

As she made it to her house she laid the wolf down in her floor. She got a bowl of warm water and started to clean its wound. Once the cut was clean and she had gotten all the blood out of its fur she wrapped its midsection, she was almost positive it had broken its ribs on the fall. When she was all done Delanie wrapped the poor creature in some blanks to keep it warm. She went over to the fire place and slid down the wall. She was completely exhausted, so she sat there and waited.
Delanie Moon
Player

Words: 17806
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2011, 5:39 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Belaya Smert on August 29th, 2011, 3:31 pm

Belaya's world was completely dark, and only occasionally did he hear a voice or felt something be removed from his skin, and then a sharp pain as pressure was put on the wound. Then it would be nothingness again. Where am I? As he felt the pain come again, his vision began to clear somewhat in his right eye, though his left was still closed by dried blood. It was still dark, a fireplace being the sole source of light. He tried to sit up to get a look around, but his chest felt as if it were on fire. Belaya then tried changing into human form, but when he did he yelped in pain as all the clotted blood from his wounds was pulled out as the bandages moved out of proper position.

Soon enough a person came to his side, and though his vision was blurry, he saw that they had beautiful green eyes. The rest of the face was in shadow, however, so he could not tell whether this person was a woman or man at a glance, nor did he try to, as he could feel the torture coming from his wounds reopening. He could not, however, look away from those eyes, no matter how much pain he went through. They seemed to provide comfort, and a promise of safety.
Belaya Smert
Player

Character sheet

Postby Delanie Moon on August 29th, 2011, 9:23 pm

Delanie woke up to a yelp filled with agony. She instantly sprang into a sitting position. Sweat covered her body, he muscles still shaking. She had just had another one of her nightmares. Delanie saw the wolf trying to move around out of the corner of her eye. She walked over to him, hoping she could ease the poor creatures pain.

Delanie took one of the blankes that was wrapped around him and dunked the end of it into a small bucket of water. She tried to clean the dried blood from his matted fur, and rewrap his wounded ribs. Delanie was trying to be gentle, something she wasnt familiar with. When she heard a small whimper come from the wolf, she jerked her hands back quickly. She scanned the wolf, when he didnt move or make another sound she continued her work.

When Delanie reached for its face she saw that one eye was open staring at her. She froze. Those eyes were very human. They were a gold so firey and soulful. She moved more slowly this time. She stood up with ease, not moving to quickly. Delanie then brought a bowl of water and laid it near his face. She didnt know much about taking care of things, she was never taught that.

Seeing the wolf clearly unconcious she walked over to her bed and sat down. Delanie put her face in her hands and let the knot in her stomache untie itself. Delanie was still a little shooken up by the dream she had just recently had. As the tears rolled down her face she was glad no one was around to see her heart breaking.
Delanie Moon
Player

Character sheet

Postby Belaya Smert on August 30th, 2011, 1:44 am

Belaya heard crying, though he couldn't see anything in the mist. Walking towards the sound, he began to see a figure emerge from the mist. At first it was just a shadow of a woman, but soon enough he could recognize it as his mother. Just as he reached out to hug her, a sword came out through her heart, and cut across his left eye. Putting his hand up to his eye, he then got kicked in the stomach and rolled down a hill. He then felt a sudden lance of pain from his ribs breaking. When his head hit the ground, he suddenly opened his eyes.

He could just make out a bowl of water on the floor. Lifting his head, he began lapping up water from the bowl, though his head pounded from the pain. He heard crying coming from the bed on the other side of the room. Belaya tried to look to see who was crying, but trying to turn around caused too much pain at once and he blacked out again.
Belaya Smert
Player

Character sheet

Postby Delanie Moon on August 30th, 2011, 9:56 pm

35th day of Summer, 510 AV

"the wolf is healing." Delanie thought to herself. She had noticed that the past couple of days he had seemed a little healthier. She had watched him several times lift his body up, a little longer each time. He was drinking more too. Delanie was pleased and nervous at the same time. With him getting well it meant she was doing it right, but it also meant that she would soon have to let him go and continue healing on his own. These animals were ruthless, who was she to say he wouldnt attack her when he was completely well?

Delanie shivered, it was oddly cold outside in this time of year. Even the fireplace produced little warmth for her. She went to check on the wolf, noticing all her blankets were piled around him, he was oboviously nice and warm. Delanie went and slumped down by the fire. She started humming her favorite lullabye to the dancing waves of orange when a strange noise cut her short. Standing up slowly as to not make a sound, she walked over to the door and opened it slightly, just enough to see out with one eye.

"You were always so hard to sneak up on Del." Delanie was shoved onto her floor as someone opened her door with extreme force. "He knew I was standing there." She made a hissing sound as her brother Kakashi walked into the room. She watched as her brother scanned the area, his greedy eyes pausing on the wolf. Delanie stepped between the two, cutting off his view. Delanie saw the frustration spark in his eyes, but she didnt care. She hated her brother with all she had inside her. And she knew he knew it.

"What the hell is that thing doing in your house?" Delanie knew her brother was angry, she could see the viens popping out of his neck. She had had enough though. Delanie then procceded to grab her brother by the shoulders and shove him out of the door he had carelessly left open. Kakashi stubbled but recovered quickly. He came rushing back at her full speed, she knew she would lose this battle, but she couldnt give up

As he came forward she stood her ground, her first mistake. When he shoved her down to the ground, hard, her second mistake was that she underestimated him. Just as she was about to get up she saw him pull out a weapon and point it right at her. "He has gone insane." Delanie sank back to her knees, brother or not, she couldnt defeat such a weapon, she was no match. She watched miserably as he picked up the wolf roughly and started to walk towards her door. "I hope he kills you one day, Kakashi. He'll be doing some good to the world." every word was spoke in rage, through her gritted teeth.

"He will not Del," She watched as he stepped out the door, and before he shut it he said these last words. "He will come to love me, and know nothing of you. It is better this way little sister. Trust me."
Delanie Moon
Player

Character sheet

Postby Belaya Smert on August 30th, 2011, 11:56 pm

Belaya could feel a faint sensation, like someone was carrying him, but then went back to nightmares of his parent's deaths. Sometime later, he awoke and found himself on the forest floor. A large fire was going to his right and he could see a shadowy figure in front of him. The figure smiled, the firelight glinting off his teeth, and said, "Ah, so you finally come to. I hope you're feeling better. After seeing those people knock you unconscious, I just couldn't let them get away with killing you, so I fought them off. Unfortunately, I couldn't avoid killing a few, the fools. I found you, and tried to take care of your wounds as best I could. The cabin I was keeping you in got attacked by some of their friends, however. So here we are. I'm Kakashi, by the way. Oh, I know you're a kelvic, so feel free to change into human form. Your wounds are healed enough for you to do so."

Belaya, upon hearing that he could change forms without hurting himself, changed from a wolf into human form. Despite recent events, he laughed in joy, finally feeling free of the misery of being chained by his wounds in wolf form. Looking at Kakashi, he said, "My name is Belaya Smert! It means "White Death" in my parents tong-"

Thinking of his parents had brought back the memory of their death and he began to cry. Walking over, Kakashi placed his hand on Belaya's head firmly but gently, knelt down, and looked straight into Belaya's eyes from a foot away. Talking in a gentle voice, he said, "Do not cry. You have me now, and I'll be like a big brother to you. Ok?"

Wiping his eyes, Belaya nodded. He began to smile, thinking about what it would be like to have a big brother. Kakashi turned towards the campfire and smiled, thinking about all the "fun" he could have with Belaya once the training he had planned for the wolf kelvic was completed. Perhaps Belaya would even come to like the feel of blood covering his body, like Kakashi had when he had killed his own mother with that knife. Oh yes, that was a wonderful feeling. Killing that pitiful woman. She couldn't take care of us properly, so it was the only thing to do. Smirking at the thought, Kakashi laid back and fell asleep as Belaya curled up in wolf form at his side.
Belaya Smert
Player

Character sheet

Postby Colombina on September 10th, 2011, 7:00 pm

The XP Wand Is Waved!

Hi Guys! An action packed thread. I wish it was a little longer/more detailed so I could give more xp. Sometimes I know you're just itching to get a story out, but don't be afraid to take your time and get in your character's head. I'm not asking for 10 page threads ;) , but enjoy the journey a little. Play out reactions and give specificity and color to the world you're creating.

If Kakashi is going to be a re-occuring figure for you, Belaya, I recommend getting him approved as an NPC if you haven't already.

Happy writing!

Belaya's Loot

1 XP Running
Lore of Being Hunted
Lore of Kelvic Transformation

Delanie's Loot

2 XP Medicine
Lore of Wolf Anatomy
Lore of Kakashi's Cruelty

Getting to Know Me

[Insert awesome picture of scantily clad woman and something with wings here]
Feeling very poorly lately, have mercy on your absentee merbadger. (2/20/13)
Colombina
Mizahar's Only Mer-Badger Founder

Words: 632175
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2009, 8:56 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) O RLY Decoration (1)