The Seeds of Justice [Istril]

Vigilantes are rare in Sunberth. For this Ano Cultist, it is her first chapter in such a novel.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

The Seeds of Justice [Istril]

Postby Leviathan on January 22nd, 2012, 1:54 am

The woman giggled softly to herself at Istril's guarded manner. It wasn't a surprise really. It was most likely that the Isur woman was in town for the very first time. Her impressions of Sunberth could be very flawed. Except, that they weren't, of course. Istril seemed to suspect nearly everyone around her of being a threat, which was a safe choice since she was in fact in Sunberth. Only, she didn't respond casually or coolly about it. That drew attention. That told the natives she wasn't from here. The woman lowered her crossbow further and even lifted her index finger from that trigger that could so very easily (assisted with extraordinary aim) end Istril's life without a problem. "And where I am from, people tend to kill you for your money, rather than give a rat's ass about your name." Yes, Sunberth again, that's the way of things here. You took what you want, cared little for the concerns of others, and you do what you can to survive through the day. "It was only your fight because you stepped up to it. The fat man, this fight was his. It's ours now, because we stepped in to save you. I can assure you that the man you could have died protecting, would not to the same for you."

The woman looked around, people were calming down, and already there were children rummaging through the pockets of those that were dead. Not even a worn and an oversized pair of mismatched boots would be left on their bodies by the time night came. "And that makes me curious. Why would you step in to defend a fat old coward that buys and sells women and children as if they're trade goods?" Istril would find, perhaps if she was still on edge, that the woman's finger once again stroked gently against the modified crossbow's trigger. Her new unnamed acquaintance squinted her eyes as she watched Istril, now with a renewed sense of suspicion. "I would hate to learn that you would be in league with such a man. We were becoming such good friends too."

Somewhere nearby another cry was heard. It was swift and brief, but there was no doubt in the tremendous agony that was carried in that voice. The crowds, however, seemed not to notice.
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Previous