You're mauling that body wrong.. (Aello)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

You're mauling that body wrong.. (Aello)

Postby Verilian on December 1st, 2011, 5:24 pm

Nex Paciscor

• +5 Unarmed Combat
  • +1 Subterfuge
  • + 2 Flux

Lores: Flux Technique: Absorbing a Blow, Combat Technique: Feinting, Victory in a Spar, Proving one's Worth

Aello

• +5 Brawling
  • +1 Observation
  • +2 Auristics
  • +2 Taunting

Lores: Recurring Nightmare, Being Defeated in a Spar,

You Question My Logic? :
Aello - Okay so again because of your high skill I couldn't give you much. One thing you could try for more points is using advanced techniques in combat, specifically the detection of "intent." With practice, Aello could develop an almost Evantian aura-ish sense. Skilled aurists can determine what someone is going to do before they so it. For.example, you notice that his mind is preparing to activate muscles in his arm, and his attention is focused on a specific point on your face. So, you determine that he is going to punch you in the face, regardless of any lack of physical signs he may or may not display, because you read it in his aura.

Below is a point by point account of why I awarded each xp. Any questions feel free to pm.

+1 Unarmed Combat to Nex in post 7
+1 Observation to Aello in post 8 for watching the way Nex moved to anticipate his attack
+1 Auristics to Aello in post 8
+1 Brawling to Aello in post 8
+1 Unarmed Combat to Nex in post 9
+1 Subterfuge to Nex in post 9 for pretending to be hurt
+1 Brawling to Aello in post 10
+2 Taunting for Aello for past couple posts
+1 Flux to Nex in post 11
+1 Unarmed Combat to Nex in Post 11
+1 Brawling for Aello in post 12
+1 Unarmed Combat to Nex in post 1
+1 Brawling for Aello in post 14
+1 Auristics for Aello for continued usage throughout the thread
+1 Unarmed Combat to Nex in post 15
+1 Flux to Nex in post 15
+1 Brawling to Aello in post 16

Notes: An enjoyable thread to read, and the fact that it had special meaning to one of the characters made it all the better. One thing I did notice was that Nex seemed to be having a lot of trouble against Aello even though his unarmed combat is twice the level of her Brawling. Of course this might not have been the case when that thread was written, and it wasn't like Aello completely beat the crap out of him or anything, she did lose afterall. Anyway, I guess my point is, Nex is competent in his skill level, so remember that its okay to play him showing more skill. Anyway, great job guys. Keep it up!
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous