Picnic Time (Closed)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Picnic Time (Closed)

Postby Nowa on September 2nd, 2011, 10:12 am

[1st Fall, 511av] <Random Street>

It was another day, like any other. Warm weather, odd wind patterns, and people who don't know just what sort of caper is looking for a meal. Nowa found himself down at an unsuspecting person eating what looked like a simple meat sandwich. Let's just see about that. Nowa thought to himself. He focused, concentrated, and found the aura of the sandwich. Meat? No... fruit! YES! What else does he have? Nowa scanned the auras around the person, a small bag nearby caught Nowa's eye. Inside, what was inside? Food... grapes! ...other things, no matter. Weight... light enough.

Nowa prepped his wings, and flew off, up, through the air. He circled around, once, twice... and the dive. He grabbed the bag up from the chair, and rose from the dive. "Ca-Woo!" With a mighty breath. He rose to a nearby tree, and started picking through the bag. He couldn't wait, he opened the bag and ate a couple grapes out of it. He looked to the person on the chair, and to the onlookers. There was always a chance someone could try and catch him, after all.

OOCIf you want to be the robbed person, it becomes rather unlikely to matter what was in the bag. The person could be angry and try and ask for assistance, I'm not picky how you decide to involve yourself. It just feels lonely to thread solo.
Last edited by Nowa on September 2nd, 2011, 11:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"noWa!"
Common as a Raven is not so easy. I wrote myself a guide in my CS.
Nowa
"Cra-woo!"

Words: 36552
Joined roleplay: September 2nd, 2011, 6:29 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Picnic Time (Open)

Postby Ssafirsotibones on September 2nd, 2011, 1:24 pm

Bones was simply walking by. Minding his own business in the city of illusions. As he did, he saw a bit of a commotion, as a bird stole a sack and flew off, and man jumped up screaming obscenities. Looking around, he saw Bones nearby, and gave him a once over. Apparently he thought he could handle himself, as he rushed to him.

"Hey you! I will give you a silver miza if you get my bag back from that feathery beast! It had a drawing in it that my daughter made!"

Bones shrugged and looked over at the bird. It seemed to be up a tree, and Bones was a decent climber. Walking over, Bones used his bit of stealth skills to try to not be observed by the bird. His success depended on how observant it was. Though it was also preoccupied by its food.

He would crawl up the tree almost snakelike, trying to get to the bird, and take it from behind. Though how far he got depended on the birds awareness.

Regardless, once Bones got within a few feet of the bird, the passive ability of its auristics would kick in, as the edge of there two auras brushed against each other, and would suddenly feel the presence of a deep ravenous hunger. That would surely alert him to Bones presence like nothing else had. Though it might lead the bird to wonder how a seemingly human could have such a deep depth of empty hunger within them.
Last edited by Ssafirsotibones on September 3rd, 2011, 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bones is a Constrictor Dhani. He likes to eat meat. He also has some speech problems.

When he speaks, a double s (ss) means a [th] sound, that he cannot say.

A triple s (sss) means just an [s], but it is extended in his speech.

Ssafirsotibones
Player

Words: 440799
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2011, 5:37 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Picnic Time (Open)

Postby Miro on September 2nd, 2011, 9:00 pm

Miro had been following Bones since he first started to wander the city. He caught sight of him and stayed just out of sight watching to see what he might do. So far this game was pretty boring, but the looks from people as Miro was creeping along made it worth it. Seeing them pay attention to him as he made it overly obvious he was sneaking around. He wanted to scare Bones, scare him bad. He had been waiting for the chance when he stopped to talk to somebody.

Miro casually walked past the man as Bones started up a tree. Miro started to produce res from both of his hands and let them cover his arms. The thin liquid had just started to reach past his elbows when he caught sight of a magnificent bird. It appeared that Bones was trying to attack the creature! Miro flung his hands forward shooting the res toward the tree. The res hung in the air loosely around the creature. Focusing his efforts, he moved the res to form tightly formed bars on all directions. A stern look came across Miro's face as he transmuted the res to ice. His pace quickened to a steady run towards the tree. He focused a tremendous amount of djed to the muscles in his legs. The Flux rushed into his muscles, tightening them, pushing him faster than natural limits would allow. As the trap of ice fell from the tree, Miro lept up, catching it and landing hard on his back. Melting enough of the ice for his hand to fit through, he gently reached in to pull the bird out. A large grin crossed his face as he realized that the cage was empty.

Miro threw the contraption to the ground next to him and started to stand up. "Sorry Bones, not this time! Looks like even I couldn't get my hands on him. What a shame, it was really cool looking!" Miro crossed his arms stubbornly. He could not figure out how the creature could've slipped out of his trap. He hadn't failed at catching an animal since he was young.
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Picnic Time (Closed)

Postby Nowa on September 3rd, 2011, 1:51 am

The Raven didn't waste time on those grapes, but two wasn't very filling. He looked to the man, who's eyes shifted from something on the tree below him to a man slinking around near him. The tree below revealed a man climbing up on his position. Nowa thought to prep his flight as it watched the other man, feeling the first man's aura. The other man shot out a glowing something or another, like a crazy hand trying to catch him. He swung below his branch, the ice cage swiftly forming above him, and dropped down with the bag as Bones made his attempt.

The cold aura from bones wasn't one he'd gotten from a human thus far, it was indeed quite strange. The other man's glowing ice thing was also strange. It was a crazy day. He used his wings to right himself, and bring his dive into a rise, swooping right past the man he took the pouch from. "Sorry." He landed on the bench, and drug the grapes from the bag, taking off again. He circled the people, it was a very strange sight.

"I wanna silver." The man was dumbfounded and terrified at the same time. Nowa focused first on the man from the tree, that wasn't human at all. Then the man who tried to catch him... just as inhuman as the other!

OOCThe aura aside, Raven's aren't exactly stupid. Two grapes aren't exactly a 'time-consuming' meal to eat. Climbing a tree takes time, and the Res thing only works if they don't see it coming. (Not to mention it was done after the climbing.) The NPC was used to give away your locations, and that gave away your intents.
"noWa!"
Nowa
"Cra-woo!"

Character sheet

Picnic Time (Closed)

Postby Ssafirsotibones on September 3rd, 2011, 2:10 am

His stealth had not been as successful as he might have hoped. Though Bones never said he was an expert at it. But still, he had tried. Then he saw some ice things flying at the bird, along with a body flying up into the tree with him.

Well Bones reacted, without even thinking, misunderstanding that he was being attacked. In response to the person suddenly flying up into the tree, Bones brought his arm down, trying to slam his fist into whatever was coming up into the tree at him. If his sudden attack connected, regardless of were it hit, it would most likely send the person flying out of the tree to crash some were very hard. It was not the best idea to suddenly try and sneak up on a dhani.

It was pretty obvious why the bird had left, though he did wonder why the bird flew back down to the man he stole from, and then started to loudly speak at him. What was the bird trying to say? He did not know, he could not hear from here. And though the man was confused for know, it would soon turn to anger at the bird as the man who was robbed would try to attack the bird.

In the mean time, Bones would try to make his way back down from the tree, and figure out who had tried to attack him.
Bones is a Constrictor Dhani. He likes to eat meat. He also has some speech problems.

Ssafirsotibones
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Picnic Time (Closed)

Postby Miro on September 3rd, 2011, 6:37 am

Bones had swung down towards Miro nearly hitting him. Lesson learned, do NOT sneak up on Bones. All of the fun in the world means little if you end up shattered. The bird had flown over to the man Bones was talking to earlier, and it appeared to talk. "Birds can talk?" Miro was amused by this thought and his desire to catch the creature was fueled even more.

Casually he strolled up to the small creature that sat perched on the bench. "Hey there little guy, did you just...talk? He smiled and looked at the man for a second and drew his attention back to the bird. "You seem to be very smart, I mean, outsmarting Bones is nothing...but you got away from me!" He turned to the man upon making the realization that perhaps he owned it and was fleeing to its master. "Is this your bird? I will pay you for him! Pleeeeaaase? I'd be so grateful!" He tried to make himself look innocent and smiled politely. His fangs showed and his gaze was a bit too intense.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Picnic Time (Closed)

Postby Nowa on September 3rd, 2011, 6:52 am

OOCHuh. What would a 'normal' person do? ... Might also mention 'took off again.'

Nowa looked between them, the sneakier one was making his way down, the first man was terrified, no help needed there, and the strangest one was now talking to the man. The man nervously took his bag back, and backed up. As Miro began to question him, he threw the Silver Miza to the floor, and ran off screaming "Take it!" ... Nowa wasn't quite sure who he was giving it to, but he didn't want to bring himself back to ground level. The stranger man, was he speaking to Nowa? What was it he said?

"You seem to be very smart, I mean, outsmarting Bones is nothing...but you got away from me!" That's... a strange thing to say. What other sorts of things does he say? " 'eater! You only win 'ron 'eating! Over you! No Ea' ne! I an a 'ritty 'irvy! Ea' la u'ly ones!" Nowa kept a careful eye out on the man, more so then the sneaky one. His strange thing could trap Nowa.
"noWa!"
Nowa
"Cra-woo!"

Character sheet

Picnic Time (Closed)

Postby Ssafirsotibones on September 3rd, 2011, 11:45 pm

Bones made his way down out of the tree, moving over to the others. He did wonder why Miro was trying to buy a bird, and why the person had run away screaming, Bones was not even in dhani form...

As Miro would make a comment on Bones lack of intelligence, Bones, who was now standing behind Miro, would make a coughing sound loudly.

"You ssshould be more careful wiss your wordsss, Miro, you don't want sssomeone getting mad and accidentally breaking you in half... Or sssomessing painful."

Of course Bones had a odd way of saying things, since what he said seemed to allude to the fact that between being snapped in half and the other thing, the being snapped in half was not the painful one. What could he possibly be imagining doing that was so much more painful?

"And you ssshould not assssume on osser people, you never know what ssey are hiding under there sssurface."

Saying this, Bones would look at the bird. Bones was pretty sure that there was something more to this creature, it was not what it seemed, a common occurrence in this city. Though he was not sure yet what exactly. But it did not seem to just be a normal bird.

Though he was having a bit of trouble understanding what it said.... Odd enough it was speaking common...

Ssafirsotibones
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Picnic Time (Closed)

Postby Miro on September 4th, 2011, 1:02 am

Miro was amazed at the small creature who talked. He knelt down and began to feel around for the coin, refusing to break eye contact with the creature. His hand grazed it and he clamped his fist around the small coin. As he stood up, he heard Bones' chilling words come out. Shuddering, the look on his face turned sour. He settled his mind and thought for a moment trying to figure out what the bird might have said.

"What was that you said Mr. Bird? I...won? YES!" He flipped the coin in his hand over and over again. "That man threw this coin down, and I don't think it was for me. Bones here doesn't seem to know the value of such things. Can you believe he made fun of my home? He must have all of the gold mizas he wants. So I will go so far as to say this is yours. I will also guess that you don't have an owner. How about you come with me?" Miro paused for a second remembering all of the times he had tried to bring an animal along with him. Kinneas had always told him he couldn't care for one properly, that he would forget to feed it or let it get lost. Perhaps this was true of him before, but a bird that can talk. It could tell him he was hungry or any needs he may have. "If you come with me, I will feed you and give you anything you need. I'm really quite nice. Sorry i tried to capture you, but Bones was going to...well whatever it is Bones does. Breaking people in half and such." He reached out a hand to the bird and in it laid the silver miza. He smiled down graciously awaiting a response.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Picnic Time (Closed)

Postby Nowa on September 4th, 2011, 1:22 am

That other guy was way more intimidating, but the other just, ignored him... and also ignored what Nowa said! "Cra-woo!" Nowa swooped around and landed in his tree further down the street. It was his because his backpack was there. He'd make the bad man understand, he's just a cheater! He grabbed onto his bag, and shifted into his other self.

The sudden change in weight broke the branch, though, and he came crashing out of the tree. Nowa ignored the cuts and scrapes and delved into the bag. Grabbing his robe, he threw that over himself. He closed the bag and threw it on. Running back to the pair, he stopped suddenly just short of reach. "I said you're a cheater! You only win by cheating!" Nowa's stomach growled. "Aww, and now you made me hungry! If I wasn't so hungry I'd..." His eyes shifted to Bones, and with a little focus found that same aura again. Nowa closed the gap and attempted to pull Miro in front of him as a shield, he found himself afraid again. "You, don't eat me, eat the ugly crows. I can be pretty, I promise."
"noWa!"
Nowa
"Cra-woo!"

Character sheet

Next