[Flashback] All this for Sugar? [Revy]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Nathan Longstride on September 6th, 2011, 11:14 pm

Guest Moderating with permission from Verillan

13th day of Summer, 509 AV

Jakar Kannigan always tried to be an "honest" merchant, but over two thousand gold mizas was enticing enough to forgo his usual practices. But that never meant he took risks, using the bribe of a gallon of ale to a lonely drunk with nothing to lose, he was one day away from striking gold. His hired assassin was arrested, too intoxicated at the time to remember who hired him, and Jakar had twenty five gallons of maple sugar to deliver to Zeltiva.

But even with the barrels being unloaded into their niche in the back of his small warehouse in The Docks, Jakar was being cautious. Being a man with money, not only could he bribe him passage at first light without restrictions, he could also hire a mercenary to guard his important wares until morning. Rumors circulated through Ravok like wildfire, and rivals would point their fingers at him just because they can. So with a little work, Jakar arranged for one hired sword going by the name Revy Hiroe to find her way here. She was given a brief overview of her assignment, emphasizing that she protects everything in the warehouse. In reality, the dried food packed away was the least of his worries, but if something were to happen to his barrels hidden in the back, he would strangle Revy and whoever took his treasure with his chunky hands.

Jakar wasn't usually an angry man, but his nervousness, plus the fact that Revy hadn't arrived yet, led to a string of curses from the merchant when one laborer mishandled one of the barrels. Taking a deep breath, the man turned away from the man, taking a deep breath so he wouldn't snap at them. If anyone needed a lashing from his tongue, Revy deserved it. He had no reason, except he was getting impatient with waiting.

Seating himself on a crate watching the door where Revy was told to enter in, Jakar pulled out a pipe from his silk coat pocket. He pulled some tobacco out of a bag from the topic which the pipe was just drawn from. A flint followed, and it took him only moments before he was inhaling smoke through his lungs. This calmed his anger a bit, but the question still remained. Where was Revy?
Nathan Longstride
Hidden Blades

Words: 85333
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2011, 4:01 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Revy Hiroe on September 7th, 2011, 6:12 am

A woman clad in armor walked about on the streets. She was heading for the docks and already pissed off. The guards had given her a hard time getting in and she ended up with three hours of delay as they checked her out. The mercenary knew that she couldn't use violence there as that would just cause more trouble, which she couldn't use at the time. Finally spotting her destination, Revy quickened her pace.

Pushing the door open, she spotted a man sitting on a crate. "Oy, are you the contractor?", her voice mockingly and showed that she had not in the least any respect for the guy. Not that she had respect for anyone she hadn't had a fight with, but that was another case. The large woman at least hoped that the guy would pay decent, since that hadn't been put on black and white yet.

"So this is the stuff I'm supposed to protect? A bunch of food? Well, a job is a job, what's the pay?" She walked over as if the armor itself wasn't really bothering her, though she did walk slower then most people. Her tower shield was strapped on her back and her longsword hang from her side. All in all it was an intimidating sight for most normal people, but not to those that wanted to brawl with her.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Nathan Longstride on September 7th, 2011, 9:39 pm

Without warning by a knock of any kind, a woman stepped through the door that Jakar was watching, clad in armor, with a shield on her back, and a longsword hanging on her waist. Jakar was probably twice her age, but he still looked at the short hair, wondering how soft it felt. He always loved women, and in a city like Ravok, it was easy to get his fill of them. But maybe it was her weapon, or the mocking tone as she asked him if he was her employer brought him back to reality. He needed that tone, even if it was rude to a man with power such as himself. He needed to be reminded that this woman in front of him maimed other people for money. Up to today, Jakar had killed one person, and the man's blood wasn't even on his knife.

Drawing himself up to his full five foot seven height, Jakar tries his best to making looking up to someone still look noble. He had to make sure it looked like he was in control of the situation, and all of his physical weaknesses needed to be pushed away. Up close, he could notice the muscles rippling across her body. While the woman commented on her assignment, Jakar breathed through his nose, hoping she wouldn't see his nervousness slowly overwhelming his anger.

Whe she finished speaking with a question of her exact payment, Jakar cleared his throat. He took his time straightening his coat, and glancing around at his hired laborers at work. He wanted her to get impatient, as payback for his long wait sitting around while sweaty men loaded salted meat and dried food into crates, and packing them for the departure tomorrow. Finally he glanced back at Revy, a scowl evident on his face. "Yes, you'll be guarding food, merc." The merchant put emphasis on that word, letting her know what she was didn't impress him. "Your pay won't be discussed until tomorrow morning when I return to find my wares unharmed. And if any of my items are damaged, the only thing I would have to worry about is disposing of a dead merc. In fact, you're lucky you still have a job to begin with. I could have a found five hired swords in the time I wasted waiting for you to arrive."

Jakar finished his onslaught with a snort. He wouldn't had bothered looking for other mercenaries when he had already found one willing to do the job. For all he knew, the extent of this merc's protection would be killing rats if they got too close to the crates. With no proof that anyway could be targeting his warehouse, this hiring might be just a waste of gold. But better safe than sorry. Crossing his arms across his chest, Jakar watched the merc. Sinking into your own thoughts when you just insulted an armed fighter might lose you your head. He had to be careful, or he could kiss that gold goodbye.
Nathan Longstride
Hidden Blades

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Revy Hiroe on September 8th, 2011, 6:34 am

Revy wasn't in the least impressed by this, well guy she couldn't really call him. He was shorter then her and on top of that was that he looked weak. Not much muscle structure or even scars she could identify. This would be a pushover was all she would think.

The mercenary looked coldly as her contractor had a scowl on his face, but her emanating aura turned almost into ice as she heard the words. "Are you sure you're going to make me wait? I'm sure I can find easily around these parts." Her reply was as cold as her aura was right now. She wasn't in the slightest amused by the man's failing attempt to make her wait. "Oh, and about trying to kill me off so easily..... I would like to see you try. Now, my payment or I will be leaving."

As if putting action to her words, she slowly turned around. It was a risky move, but it clearly showed that Revy didn't want to be commanded like that."Tsch, annoying guy. If it wasn't for the job I would've punched him in the face already.", she thought to herself.
"Oh, and another question.... Those who I slay that try to steal anything..... I do get to keep whatever they possess right?", she had always been allowed to. Most people didn't want to have those goods anyway. And it would bring a bit more pay to her.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Nathan Longstride on September 8th, 2011, 10:02 pm

Most people he had worked with would hold their tongue no matter how much he had lashed them with his words, knowing that his gold would be given to them eventually. But this woman in front of him was a child of fire and ice, chilling him her cold words while searing his flesh with her stare. All thoughts about Revy's body disappeared from Jakar's thoughts, replaced with hope that he could be out of her sight soon. And to accomplish that, he needed to answer her questions.

Reaching into a pocket and pulling out a rag, Jakar wiped sweat off his brow he hadn't noticed until Revy was down speaking. Noticing that the armored merc had turned, he cleared his throat quickly, dry washing his hands as he spoke. "Wait. You'll recieve four hundred gold mizas upon completion of your job. But you will not be paid until morning. Why should I lose coin before you protect my wares? Knowing that you'll be paid if my goods are unharmed might make it easier to get one hundred percent effort from you."

Taking a deep breath, Jakar noticed that everything he had just said was without pausing, rushed with nervousness. The sword on Revy's hip was intimidating to a merchant with no athletic ability, but the thought of losing all the gold when he sold his maple sugar was more frightening. Scratching his head, he remembered had never answered Revy's other question, and opened his mouth. But he stopped before even speaking, closing it once more. How could he guarantee Revy loot for the taking when he didn't even know if people were out there to rob him over the night?

Shrugging, Jakar looked back at Revy. "If there is any loot to take that isn't my property, it is yours. Now, you understand your assignment, so can I take my leave?" Jakar almost cursed right there. He had to ask to leave his warehouse. That was bad enough, but asking a merc to leave was just crazy. But to Jakar, money was everything.
Nathan Longstride
Hidden Blades

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Revy Hiroe on September 9th, 2011, 6:43 am

The mercenary couldn't believe her ears. Did she hear that properly? 400 gold rimmed mizas for only one night of guard duty for some food. The guy had to be hiding something important to him in here. She wished she knew what it was exactly, but the large woman wasn't going to press her luck.

"Deal, just make sure you don't try to con me. I will separate your head from your body then.", she replied ice cold as she turned back to him, still wearing her cold facial expression. "I'll make sure not to do damage .... 'too much'...... to your possessions.", she said the 'too much' inside of her mouth, concealing it as much as possible.

She looked down on the man and got a sadistic grin. This guy was scared out of his pants of her. That was quite funny, but she just replied cold: "You can leave now. Return here at dawn, because that is where the contract ends. I won't protect it a minute longer."
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Nathan Longstride on September 10th, 2011, 9:44 pm

Thankfully the woman agreed to the payment, and with a grin, excused him. Excused him from his own warehouse! Throwing his hands up, he turned, and exited the warehouse, his laborers following suit, not glancing at the woman with the sword strapped to her hip. Pushing the door open, Jakar mumbles for Revy to hear. "A woman alone thinks she's the boss. A woman with a sword thinks she is a god." With that, he steps outside.

The first thing he sees is the setting sun on the horizon. How long had he waited for this woman to arrive. Drawing his silk coat closer, he placed a reassuring hand on his coin purse. He never knew what to expect, and that scared him.

Ivor watched the short merchant leave his warehouse, followed shortly by the laborers working for him. Jakar would've been going home, and his workers going to the bar to drink away their just earned wages. Ivor himself would've rather been at home, eating dinner with his soon-to-be wife, listening to her sing. He loved her voice, and never wanted it to silence.

Ivor was brought back to reality by a rough hand on his shoulder, attached to the rest of his brother Kadin. The twins looked just alike, with shaved heads and brown eyes. Both standing five ten, the only way to tell them apart was the earring in Kadin's right ear. But while Kadin was a money horde, Ivor was only hear because he needed money to pay for the wedding that was not too far away. A noble in the city offered them each five hundred mizas to retrieve any and all items in the warehouse. He needed the money enough to rob. And murder if it came down to it.

"I believe only the woman is still in there, and she's the only one with a weapon. We finish this job, and we'll both have enough money to fund our desires." Kadin smiled as he finished speaking. He truly loved his money.

"I'm sure you don't tip your whores enough to need this much coin." Ivor smiled at this clasping his brother's shoulder. Kadin only chuckles, before setting off towards the warehouse door, limpin =g slightly. It wasn't because of any injury, but both he and Ivor had their short swords stuffed in their pants. Weapons weren't loved in these parts, but they were greatly needed for what they were about to do. Ivor's smile disappeared as he walked up to the side door. Kadin slammed one boot into it, and the brothers rushed in.
Nathan Longstride
Hidden Blades

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Revy Hiroe on September 11th, 2011, 7:03 am

Revy heard the jobgiver mumble and couldn't help but chuckle lightly. The saying was right though. She did consider herself strong, but a god? Not that strong..... yet at least.

She made sure that the guy was well away, before she drew her sword and started to follow a couple of sword forms slowly, but was roughly interrupted when a door got kicked in. After seeing the two short men rush in, she heaved a sigh. "You two, what's your business here?", she asked with her cold voice. The mercenary wasn't hoping they were there for the old man, she wanted to have a good fight still.

Anticipating their intentions, the large woman loosened her towershield so that she'd be able to easily grab it if the guys were to attack. *Come on, I want to fight. Let's see what you guys are made of.*, she thought bloodthirsty to herself as she got a sadistic grin on her face.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Nathan Longstride on September 12th, 2011, 12:32 pm

Rushing in behind his brother, Ivor wasn't expecting to find the woman with her sword drawn, ready for them. But being the logical thinker, he figured she wasn't expecting an attack. Maybe she was just practicing her stance when they barged in. But he knew now that she expected an attack from the brothers, with their swords bared.

Ivor looked to his left to find Kavin watching him. They both nodded, their similar minds agreeing silently, and Kavin spoke. "We're here for the more pricy items. Hand them over, and we'll leave without conflict." Ivor glanced at his brother again, this time with worry. His brother's eyes spoke clearly. He wanted a fight.

Ivor sighed quietly, but stepped to the right. Having less skill with the sword than Kavin, he knew more about fighting. Flanking was their key to victory. Hopefully Kavin knew this too.
Nathan Longstride
Hidden Blades

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Revy Hiroe on September 12th, 2011, 5:40 pm

The mercenary slowly took her shield with her left hand off her back. She let it drop to the floor, hitting the ground with a loud thud. The two guys were exactly what she needed right now. Her grin widened even more and she was slowly tensing up her muscles.

"Oh? But there is only a bunch of food here, unless............. you want to take my armor. Well we can't have that now can we. Anyways... I've been hired to guard this shyke, so I'll defend it.", Revy replied coldly. She ducked a litte, not letting go of her sword, and shoved her arm into the holders on her shield, lifting it after.

"Come on. Smite me. I want to have a bit of fun this night. I've got to warn you though, that you two probably wont be getting out of here alive.", the large womans voice was now filled with bloodthirst, her eyes filled with her thirst for battle. She was shifting her eyes between the two men in front of herself and couldn't help but smile wickedly. She was going to have a nice fight for a change.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Next