[Flashback] All this for Sugar? [Revy]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Nathan Longstride on September 23rd, 2011, 11:01 pm

Ivor had never understood why people could get angry enough to ever see only red. In fact, the man thought that only an expression, but if he ever got the chance to live through this experience, he could truthfully boast that everthing appeared red for him. The woman was covered in it, most his brother's, but the rest of her was a hazy red. Maybe it was because Ivor was that angry, or he had some of his brother's blood in his eyes. But he was surprised that the majority of his anger wasn't directed at this merc. He was angry at that noble who hired them, and at Kadin for getting himself killed. But out of everyone, Ivor was angry with himself. Ruth would become a widow before she does a spouse, and the kids they dreamed of poofed from exsistance. And it was all his fault.

That thought overwhelmed him, numbing his entire body. He barely felt the force of the woman's sword blocking his own attack in midswing. Her words for him past over him like water over glass. The strength of the shield as it smashed into the side of him went unnoticed, even when he stumbled backwards. Death had even took him yet, but it sure felt like it.

Lifting his sword to defend was a struggle. Not because he was too hurt, but he didn't felt like defending himself. He wished to die, even if it left Ruth alone in a dark city. Oh, why did this have to be so hard?
Nathan Longstride
Hidden Blades

Words: 85333
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2011, 4:01 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Revy Hiroe on September 25th, 2011, 4:00 pm

The mercenary couldn't help but smirk after she saw the half-assed attempt of the guy to protect himself. "Seems like he isn't even trying. Well let's put him out of his misery then., she thought as she moved after the man.

Holding her shield in front of her as a barrier, just to be able to catch any attack from the man if he'd try to, she moved her sword to stab him in the guts, not killing him straight away, but enough to mortally wound him. "I'll give him a last chance to say something, or else I'll kill him., she thought generously.

"Final chance... Do you have any last words before I finish you off?", she said sadistic. She stood across him as an angel of death, ready to strike him down at any moment. Her demeanor was set and showed that she had finished with him now. He wasn't worth her time anymore.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Nathan Longstride on September 25th, 2011, 6:18 pm

Ivor had felt pain before. When he was young, Kadin broke his arm when they were play wrestling, and the pain made him feel of death. When he was thirteen, he got too close to a rich merchant, and the carriage driver smacked his whip across his back. His blood curdling scream could be heard two blocks over. But when the merc impaled her sword through his stomach, he didn't feel anything. . .

She asked for any last words, and Ivor knew what he wanted to say. He pulled himself closer, bringing the sword through him further. He was going to die, and he couldn't die any more, so it didn't matter. His voice was shaky, but he was going to finish. He was going to make this woman see her mishap, and not even death would stop him. "My last words are this. In my pocket you will find a ring. It was meant for my Ruth-" Ivor stops talking, not from any physical pain, but for the thought of never seeing his love's face ever again.

Blood began running out of his mouth, down his chin onto the floor. His head felt like everything was rushing out of his head, his sight was disappearing. But he could still see his wife's face, appearing behind the merc who's sword was stuck in him. He smiled, of all things, and it appeared to be directed towards Revy. Every word that came out of his mouth spattered a few more drops of blood on Revy's face. "She had the same eyes of you. Filled with pain, but when your's are cold, hers were warm, welcoming. She had a brother that was hung as a message. She stills cries for him, knowing he died for no reason."

Ivor's strength was sapping, so with the last of his energy, he pulled himself all the way to the hilt of the sword, and let his feet fall out from under him. Ivor fell on his knees before he stopped, the sword coming farther up about six inches. Not looking up, he had to strength to even do that, Ivor reached into his pocket, pulling out the ring meant for Ruth, and dropping it in the growing pool of blood. His blood. He didn't look up when he spoke again. "Keep the ring as a reminder of what you destroyed. Remember the marriage that was prevented by your sword. Always remember Ruth, and the sadness she'll always have. Reme. . ." Ivor couldn't go any further. Darkness overwhelmed, and his body went limp, falling off the sword onto the concrete, his lifeless eyes focused on the ring that lay in the pool.
Nathan Longstride
Hidden Blades

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Revy Hiroe on September 25th, 2011, 8:34 pm

The mercenary looked at the man as he came closer. She didn't flinch as he started talking. Her eyes went slightly wider as she heard his story. Inside of her she felt hurt, disgusted with herself and she felt compassion for the guy in front of her. She didn't show it though, she'd never show anyone her weak side. "Skyke..... SHYKE. You shouldn't have died here. You just should've gotten another job, you idiot.", she cursed him inside of her mind.

After the guy slid down onto the concrete, Revy picked the ring up and promised inside of her mind to never forget him. A small tear dropped from her left eye as she did so. "I promise, man with no name, that I'll never forget your wife's name and what I have destroyed. But don't expect me to change my ways. I'll keep this ring with me to remember."

After that, the armored woman sat on the crate, waiting for dawn with her hands in her hair. Her helmet laying next to her, the shield against the crate and the sword over her knees. "I want to get out of here now. That guy'll have to pay up the moment he comes and I'll wave him goodbye. I won't return any time soon back to this place. I don't want to face the widow, I'd probably break if I did.", she thought to herself.
Revy didn't move an inch untill sunrise and would only look at the door once it'd open.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Nathan Longstride on September 26th, 2011, 9:49 pm

Jakar hated waking up early, but he was anxious to get out of Ravok. He was ready to earn his money for the sugar hidden in the back, but he was more worried. It was barely dawn when he headed for warehouse, but he had already heard of rumors of fighting. Upon further questioning, it occured outside, so it probably wasn't a target for his warehouse. Unless the fighting spilled from the inside to the streets. Or two opposite factions fought to decide who would still his sugar. His mind was racing with possibilites when he finally opened the door to enter his warehouse.

And his mind went blank of all other thoughts when he surveyed his building interior. Two bodies were on the ground in large puddles of blood, one cut cleanly in half, and the other with his innerds hanging out from his abdomen. Jakar wanted to release his breakfast on the ground, and he did a little in his mouth, but with a swallow, he stepped up to the merc, who was sitting on one of his crates. Dried blood covered her armor and her face, but she seemed unharmed. So that meant his goods were unharmed too.

Reaching into the pocket of his embroidered wool jacket, he pulled out a purse bulging with gold. Tossing her the pouch, he walked past her, clearing his throat. "Four hundred miza, like we agreed. Don't bother explaining except telling me that my goods made it out unharmed." Jakar glanced over his shoulder, and grimaced, choosing the white wall to stare at ahead, trying not to picture the scene behind him again. "Once you do that, you can leave. Unless you want to clean up the mess you made?" He didn't expect her to stay. Women never cleaned up their own messes, just left them for the men to bother with later.
Nathan Longstride
Hidden Blades

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Revy Hiroe on September 28th, 2011, 3:56 pm

The mercenary looked up at her contractor a little tired. She hadn't had sleep for 24 bells now and it showed. Usually, she was able to handle it, but the result of the fight weighed down on her mind, making her mentally exhausted. "Ah there we have that annoying guy again.", she thought.

Revy easily caught the purse with gold and looked inside. Sighing she picked out ten pieces and lay them on the crate next to her. "Ey, you. I want you to find the woman of that gutted guy and give her this. Don't tell her from whom it is or why she got it ok?", she barked at Jakar.

She then stood up, sheathed her sword, and put the shield on her back again. Waving once she walked out, leaving the mess up to Jakar and 10 gold rimmed mizas on the crate. She honestly couldn't care what he'd think, but just before she left, the tall woman said coldly: "Oh, and if she doesn't get it, I'll find you and personally behead you, you hear?"
At that she left the building, heading down the streets, picking up her baggage and horse at the entrance and left the city all together.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Nathan Longstride on September 28th, 2011, 8:19 pm

Jakar watched the woman open the purse he gave her, disgust building. If she was going to count all that gold in front of him to make sure she got the right amount, Jakar was going to burst. He spent hard earned money for this merc, and she wasn't going to trust him? He very nearly said something until she slammed ten gold rimmed pieces down. His mouth closed for a moment and opened immediately after when he heard her demand. She wanted him to pay the widow of an unknown man? It was crazy!

But instead of protesting, Jakar smiled meekly and pocketed the gold while the merc readied herself to leave. As she moved toward the door, she threatened him one last time. Jakar nodded, and said, "Yes ma'am. I'll try my best to repay the widow for what you did."

Jakar waited for the woman to leave before he chuckled, heading to the back to check on his maple sugar. Like he was going to bother searching for this woman. She'd plant her husband's death on him, and he could easily find a dagger between his ribs by some noble who holds a fancy for this woman. Lord he hoped where ever he was going was less dangerous than Ravok.

The End
Nathan Longstride
Hidden Blades

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Verilian on October 26th, 2011, 2:36 am

Revy Hiroe

• +5 Weapon: Longsword
  • +4 Tower Shield
  • +3 Intimidation
  • +1 Persuasion
  • +1 Brawling

You Question My Logic? :
Your XP award was assigned by Nathan and approved by me. Here is what he said:

Longsword and shield are obvious skill gains in the combat thread. Intimidation from repeated verbal threats towards Jakar and the twins. Also with the use of body language (i.e. dropping shield on ground before putting it on, her cold eyes while killing). Persuasion was used once on Jakar to tell Revy how much she was being paid.

I also added one point for brawling for when you kicked the guy in the balls.

Loot: 1 Ring. The ring is too small for Revy's finger, a gift from Ivor right before he died. The band is silver, with a black diamond on it in the shape of a heart. (awarded by Nathan)

Note: Gold gained through flashback usually does not count towards your present total because it is assumed that the gold was spent over time, or was included as part of your starting package.

Lores: Fashionably Late, Taunting (Basic), Severing a man in two, A kill becomes personal, Making a promise, Remembering Ruth

Notes: First of all, great job to the both of you. Revy for your first thread (I think) and Nathan for your first modded thread (I also think). I just have one thing, really. Just a bit of advice. Nathan, you did great. Combat is always hard to mod. Don't be afraid to hurt the PC though, as a storyteller you don't have to "attempt" anything. You can hit her if you want to. And Revy, don't be afraid to let yourself have weaknesses. Though these two were unskilled, it was still two on one, and Revy isn't a master yet. Anyway, that's enough of that. Great job you guys, keep up the good work!
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous