[Alvadas Location] Divine Legacy

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Fallacy on September 19th, 2011, 4:41 am

Divine Legacy

Important Note. Read meAll purchases and products that are sold to PCs must have the interaction moderated so I can specify the effect of the said Maledicted item. This is a modded location. Prices are anywhere from 25-500+ GM and are decided by the moderator based on the craft in question and what it does.

This large shop appears oddly out of place upon first glance in the city of illusion, looming over any potential costumers almost threateningly. It has an awkward personality about it. Large glass windows stand at attention at either side of the door and allow the observer to peer into an entirely wooden shop. It is not the kind of place one would go in search of a specific item as the contents of the shop are wild and varied. If this shop appears though, one can be certain that there is something calling out to a passerby in particular, something that seems to be made just for a special someone and from a special someone.

The shelves are stocked with miscellaneous items that are said to each have their own personalities and traits unique to them, some of which are even a mystery to the owner, Karash Divine. If one were to glance behind the counter where Karash sits, one would see vials of ink, rumored to be made from blood. The shelves are filled various kinds of jewelry made from stone, although some say it is bone, and creepy, life-like dolls with masterfully painted features and eyes that seem to follow a person. Though the shop is not limited to that, one could find musical instruments or even more unique items. The shop will remind one of a thrift store more than anything, but with one key detail: there is a definite eerie feeling, as if everything in the store were watching you, never wanting you to leave.

In the basement of the shop lies a lab of sorts. The Divine Legacy is not just a shop for creepy things, but also the official crematorium of Alvadas -- hence the rumors of blood and bone in the bric-a-brac above. All of the bodies of the city are directed to this location where Karash and his assistant, Menna Moresly, take the parts they find useful for their craft, which is a dirty little secret between the two, and dispose of the rest via cremation. The ashes of the person are then given to the mourning relatives of the deceased, or if the dead have no family it is then Menna’s job to spread the ashes of the person around the city. While the ashes are given away the craft made from the body is sold up in the shop.

Note on productsKarash makes his products so masterfully that unless one was really familiar with Malediction or can view the things via Auristics there really is no way of telling they are maledicted. He will blame any effects of carrying the item to the shop being 'cursed'

Karash :
Karash Divine

• Malediction - 80
  • Auristics - 30
  • Painting - 75
  • Carving - 50
  • Gadgeteering - 30
  • Tanning - 15
  • Sewing - 20

Born 56th Fall, 471 A.V.

Karash is a know-it-all Eypharian, whose insight and applied knowledge are expansive and would impress most scholars in this day and age. In his studies he came across the arts of malediction and auristics and taught himself the disciplines. He traveled the world finding bodies, crafting them in many different ways, and eventually selling them. Some say the most powerful maledicted items that were ever made come from Karash, but that is just a rumor. After he tired of this, having easily mastered the craft, he decided to settle down. One certain city that had inspired him was Alvadas. Unable to explain exactly how the illusions caused the city to move and shift as it did, he made his way there to find out. He runs Divine Legacy and sells maledicted crafts. Highly suspicious or rather curious of everyone who enters the shop, Karash views and keeps track of everyone who enters though the use of Auristics. The basement of the shop is the crematorium. He takes the parts he finds useful from bodies that come in from the city and makes them into items. He acquires their blood using leeches, and by adding salt, he makes them vomit the blood allowing it to be made into ink. Using the ink for his projects and selling the leftovers in his shop has been very profitable.

Menna :
Menna Moresly
1 Mark, Ionu

• Spiritism - 55
  • Shielding - 35
  • Undertaking - 30

Born Spring 20, 497 A.V.

A very shy young woman, she uses shields and the gnosis of Ionu, to hide herself and those around her from view. She is hard to make appear and spends enough time with ghosts that she acts like one. Being naturally gifted in the ability to see spirits, they were her only friends growing up and one particular ghost tutored her in the ways of Shielding. Often having spirits steal and take food for her to survive on the streets of Alvadas she would in turn save some and turn it into soulmist to feed her ghost friends. The streets of Alvadas are all she remembers, and being an orphan was not easy by any means. Dealing with the dead helps her find some peace and security. Currently employed at Divine Legacy the girl is in charge of the collection and care of dead bodies.

When Menna does show herself, or if somebody views her using Auristics, she appears to have a very confusing presence. Her aura is constantly a conflicted mess that is nearly impossible to decipher. If one were to take a good look at her, they would notice that she has this certain glow about her, as if there was a visible aura, even to the naked eye. She is extremely shy, and will not talk directly to anybody, even people she likes. Instead she will use her doll, given to her by Karash, and shake it, pretending the doll itself is talking. People who have had encounters with her describe her differently because she seems to have different personalities. She may appear to be plotting something devious with a harsh smile or merely playing for attention. Whatever the case may be, if one does see Menna, one can be sure that Alvadas is watching.

Mena's Ghosts

Manistae Corrinth
Summer 24th 311 AV - Fall 62nd 357 AV
Human Ghost

• Soulmist Projection - 52
  • Shielding - 30
  • Spiritism - 30

A young mother who died leaving a child around Menna's age, her spirit found her and felt she felt obligated to help the poor orphan. Since then has taught her Spiritism as well as Shielding.

Kaladran Nodory
Winter 35th 480 AV - Winter 35 500 AV
Human Ghost

• Possession - 55
  • Acting - 75
  • Gambling - 35
  • Rhetoric - 40
  • Intimidation - 15
  • Forgery - 25
  • Dagger- 30

Kal died while performing in the city. His death cut the performance of which he dedicated his entire life to perform short, destroying his shot at fame. He stayed bound to this world, unable to pass on before he is known throughout Alvadas as the greatest actor. Through in his time alive he took many chances, betting his life and the life of others, just so he could have a shot at fame. Having made many enemies and scorned people along the way, he always seemed to get his way in the end.

Sanguine
Fall 90th 451 AV - Winter 48th 472 AV
Zith Ghost

• Materialization - 30
  • Investigation - 35
  • Tracking - 20
  • Larceny - 40
  • Intelligence - 55
  • Stealth - 40

A Zith scout who, at the time of her death, was leading an intelligence operation to find food for her colony so they could hunt. After following a herd of cattle to Alvadas they were spotted by some hateful humans and shot out of the air. Sanguine was an exceedingly happy Zith. Her colony life was everything she had ever wanted and she loved every second of it. Upon seeing her friends shot out of the air and her own death it corrupted her innocent happiness and showed her the reality of how the world works and views her.

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy
I think you're crazy just like me.

Words: 493223
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 7:58 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Postby Keido on September 22nd, 2011, 4:57 am

10th-Fall-511 AV

Having beaten the tsana in the colosseum with Miro and its tail being wrapped around his neck as a trophy, Keido decided to go back to the inn to rest. Miro threw a good punch for sure but everything about him was unnatural. From the ice sword to the powerful jumps and the strong, quick punches. Keido was still feeling the pain in his chest right now and was holding on to it. He would need to get it looked at soon.

It was nothing new to pass through different buildings he never even saw before on his way back to the inn but one suddenly caught his eye. On the window it was full of different things. The recent turn of events was still in Keido's mind. Maybe he could find something to lighten up his mood among all the curiosities.

Keido walked in and looked around the place. Seeing that there was nothing consistent about the stock. On one side it was jewelry, the other was dolls and even musical instruments. Not knowing what he wanted Keido walked up to the front counter.

"There are a lot of interesting things here especially those dolls over there. Do they have any special use?"
Keido is now dead as of 34th of Fall, 511 AV (16th of September, 2011). I will do my best to finish all existing threads before I retire him so people with him right now don't worry.
Keido
A Naive fool in the City of Illusions

Words: 134206
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2011, 10:45 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Fallacy on September 22nd, 2011, 8:05 am

Karash was busy occupying himself with watching over the shop, eyes constantly scanning the shop, the aruas of the magical items present and beautiful to his eyes. His works were not just art but masterpieces. They seemed to glow to him and have a certain presence about them. He liked how they decorated the shop, how the seemed to complete the look and how the atmosphere was changed, warped by the presence of such items.

That was when another entered the shop. The owner glanced over the new aura but fixated on the auras of the store, of the art. His shop was beautiful and he wasn't done admiring it when he heard a question. Having not stopped scanning the store he shook his head, "The dolls are just what they are. They could be used as puppets if you like. Did a specific one catch your eye?' he asked as if he were already bored of the conversation and a little irked that he had been disturbed. Important note that the shop owner never made eye contact with Keido, but he continued to look around his shop.

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Keido on September 22nd, 2011, 9:55 am

Karash did not look at Keido instead looking around the store as well. Keido turned his head to try and see what was the owner looking at but did not get to see anything since the owner was looking at everything. At a lost, he just turned back to look at Karash to continue.

"I am more of a weapons man myself. But if you are talking about puppets maybe you have anything like..." Keido's eyes wandered around the store again to have a look around.

"I know how about a monster? I just beat a tsana today and look at its tail I have over here. Maybe something nice to commemorate the event?" he said quickly unfastening the tail to show the man his prize.
Keido is now dead as of 34th of Fall, 511 AV (16th of September, 2011). I will do my best to finish all existing threads before I retire him so people with him right now don't worry.
Keido

Character sheet

Postby Shazvagrimkon on October 4th, 2011, 9:02 pm

19th of Fall-511 AV

It was an odd day out as Grim walked through the streets of Alvadas. Much of the surrounding area seemed familiar but there were many places he had never seen before. As he walked down one street, he noticed a large building looming over him. The large windows were interesting and allowed him to see into the wooden interior with many shelves covered in odd assortments of items. With a curious tinge, he walked forward and into the odd shop.

On the inside, there appeared to be much more in there then he would have thought possible from the outside. There were some oddly lifelike dolls that seemed to be staring at him. The eerie feeling of it all made him feel like he had to move around, so he walked to one end of the store. He saw plenty of interesting jewelry and some musical instruments that caught his eye. As Grim walked towards the jewelry and instruments he looked around the shop for an owner and noticed a man seated behind the counter. Grim gave a friendly smile and short wave. “Good evening. You have a lot of interesting things in here. What would some of these items cost? Anything you would suggest?”
He who makes a beast out of himself
gets rid of the pain of being a man
Shazvagrimkon
Snake Dude

Words: 28160
Joined roleplay: August 5th, 2011, 9:00 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Fallacy on October 5th, 2011, 6:54 am

@Keido

Karash would look at the man in front of him and then at the severed part of the monster. It was as if his entire body-language screamed ‘why now? Why are you still talking?’ ”Monsters?” he asked, ”I have plenty of things that are monstrous.” he told him, ”Why don’t you take a look around some more?” he suggested as if he was trying to get him to stop talking to him and just buy something already. ”If you find anything you would like to buy just tell me.” he couldn’t believe the guy had the guts to waste his time by showing him a severed part of a creature. If Keido wanted Karash to make something out of it all he would have to do is ask.

@Grim

Today had been just another day for Karash when a customer, first one of the day, walked in the store. First one of the day and it was already evening. That says a lot about this place and its reputation, but somehow it managed to exist. Not even glancing up from his papers behind the counters when the Dhani talked to him he nodded, ”Prices vary depending on what you want.” glancing up from his papers he told him bluntly, ”I would suggest buying everything here. They are all unique works of art after all. Ones that…” he paused, ”Cannot be replicated.”

Fallacy

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Keido on October 5th, 2011, 9:25 am

Keido was taken aback by the sudden outburst. He had hoped that a shopowner would be more friendly towards his customers but he had already seen something like this in another herb store. Listening, Keido looked around the store to find these monstrous things that Karash was talking about but nothing looked suitable but he did notice something among all of them. They all looked handmade or handcrafted.

"I notice you make your own wares. How about you make me something with this then? I do need something for this. Something to relate to a fight with it. How much would it cost?" Keido suggested as he put the tail on the counter.

OOCSorry, I am not sure if the malediction part is advertised or not since I heard that people normally kept quite about doing malediction hence Keido's ignorance
Keido

Character sheet

Postby Shazvagrimkon on October 5th, 2011, 9:57 pm

It seemed to Grim as though this man did not feel much like talking. That was understandable though. He couldn’t imagine being stuck in a shop all day dealing with ignorant customers and there bothersome questions. Grim looked down and began to search through the items for something to catch his eye. “If I was rich enough, I am sure I would like to purchase everything here. As you say, they are very extraordinary pieces of artwork.” While looking through the jewelry in front of him, Grim noticed an intriguing necklace that seemed to be made of many different shaped red beads. Each one was different in shape and size. It looked large enough to fit snuggly on his neck. With interest, Grim lifted the item and carried it to the counter, gently placing it in front of the man. “What about this here? This seems to be a very interesting necklace. How much would it cost?” He then glanced around again and noticed a beautiful set of playing dice. He had an urge then to play and gamble. “Those dice there. How much would they cost also?”
He who makes a beast out of himself
gets rid of the pain of being a man
Shazvagrimkon
Snake Dude

Words: 28160
Joined roleplay: August 5th, 2011, 9:00 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Fallacy on October 7th, 2011, 9:04 pm

@Keido

The shop owner looked at keido and smiled, ”I make something for you?” he looked at the tail, ”Fifty gold for me to make something out of that.” he pointed at the tail, ”Fifty gold for you to buy it from me once it’s done. Payment up front.” he told him taking the tail in his hands to closely examine it, ”Roughly cut, decayed some..” he made note of the skin as he waited for Keido to either answer him or fork up the gold still mumbling words but too softly for the man to hear him.

@Grim

Karash would carefully watch the snake-man out of the corner of his eyes as he continued to mess with his papers. He needed a sale, and this one seemed very interested in his artwork. Seeing him pick up the necklace a small smile would appear on his face, ”That is fifty gold Miza” he priced the necklace. It was a work of beauty but he didn’t consider it true art. There was much better things in this store, in his opinion, than that necklace, ”And the dice…” he grinned looking down at those remembering that they were made from an avid gambler with a lucky streak in him. ”They are forty gold Miza ” he told him knowing that with the pair of dice any gambler of merit could make twice that in a night. That is if they were lucky.

The true art in Malediction is that of surprise. For one can try for a certain effect, but it’s not always guaranteed. The dice in question would have numbers inside little circles with pictures of elaborate detail, and paint. They stood out as dice because with each number came a picture and a story of its own. If one would examine the dice numbers one through six they would see a story of a man winning more and more as the numbers progressed. Even outside of the circles there was elaborate red and gold paint. Gold outlining the boxes that made the cube and red filling in the space only to be interrupted by the small, elaborate carvings in the circle, the numbers though are easily distinguishable.

Fallacy

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Keido on October 7th, 2011, 9:43 pm

Keido took out the coins and counted them until it reached fifty. Then he placed it on the counter but did not remove his hand yet. He still had somethings to ask about his new item before he agreed with anything.

"What is it you will be making then?"

It should be something functional. Keido was going to show it around but he also needed it to be with him when the time comes.

"Maybe an accessory for a weapon? Or part of a garment?"

After he said and asked what he needed to only he removed his hand continuing on.

"How long would this take? Should I wait here or?"
Keido

Character sheet

Next