Another Day, Another Miza (solo)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Alric Wilmot on September 19th, 2011, 7:33 pm

17th Day of Fall 511 AV

Alric sat at his booth, counting the number of people that had passed by. So far he was up to 67. He was rather bored today. It had been three days since he had bought the booth and put up posters advertising his new business. He had gotten a few customers the second day, but so far, it had been a slow day. He had not gotten a single customer all day, and the sun was about to set.

He gave off a sigh and leaned into his hands. He wasn't too upset, but he really wanted to get at least one customer before he set out for home. Abruptly, a wailing assaulted Alric's ears. He quickly covered them and gave off a wince. He looked to his booth-neighbors, they too were wincing and looking for the cause of the horrible screech.

From the street he saw the offending noise-maker. It was a 7 year old boy, trailing behind a 30 something year old woman. He was quite ill-mannered, and the lady was obviously ignoring him. Now, Alric was no father, not yet anyway. But he did know that ignoring the child was a very bad thing to do. They needed to be told that they were being disruptive and making others feel agitated. That's what his father did to him when he was the boy's age.

Still, if people were perfect, he wouldn't have a business. He called out after the woman, but she didn't spare him a glance. Alric couldn't really blame her either. Every booth in the bizarre seemed to call out and pester her. That was just the way it was. However, Alric had a distinct advantage that he was not about to waste. He sent into her mind a Hypnotic thought.

My kid needs to calm down. Maybe one of the booths has something I can use.

Almost as soon as he had sent the message, the woman began to scan over the booths. As she set her eyes upon his, he sent another thought. That one looks like it could work. As he did this, her face visibly relaxed, and she led her child straight to his booth.

Alric smirked and stood up straight, holding out his hand in a gesture of friendliness.

"Hello ma'am what can I do for you today?"

"Yes, hello," she shook his hand, and kept her child close. He was fidgeting and still screaming at the top of his lungs. "Your a hypnotist right? do you think you could get my son to calm down?"

"I can do better than that ma'am! I can make him obey your every word! He'll never disobey again!"

At this the woman scowled, and gave Alric a glare so intense that if it was tangible, he'd be dead right about now.

"My son is not some rat you can play with! He's just upset! He has no problem obeying me! Now just calm him down and do your job!"

At this she gave Alric one gold Miza, and sat her child down in the chair that Alric was sitting at moments ago. Alric was taken aback by her outburst, but hey, pay is pay. He got down on one knee, and looked into the child's eyes. It was rather difficult, because he wouldn't stop squirming.

"What's his name ma'am?"

The woman, who was still seething, spat the answer. "Jeremy"

"Jeremy, Jeremy? I need you to calm down now. I want you to be calm. Your mother wants you to be calm. You want to be calm." He was using hypnotic suggestion, and the boy was responding. Unfortunately, he knew he was being hypnotized, and because of that, Alric wasn't getting the immediate response that he usually got. The child, Jeremy, had stopped screaming. However, he was still weeping uncontrollably.

"Jeremy, why are you crying Jeremy? Why are you sad? You can tell me can't you?"

However, just as Jeremy was opening his mouth, his mother grabbed him by the shoulder and pushed him behind her.

"Yes, well, thank you for your services. They were much appreciated."

Alric was confused, was that all she wanted for her Miza? He looked down at the child, and was not too surprised to see the child spitting at him. His tears were drying up, but it was obvious that he was still upset about something.

"Ma'am, I didn't really do much. Are you sure you don't want me to help your child?"

"You already have. Now, thank you, but I must be going. Please sit down, and enjoy the rest of your day."

Alric barely had time to blink before the woman and her child fled from his booth and dropped the pay on his booth. He was actually pretty upset himself. The child's mother was as big as a brat as he was. And to be honest, as Alric looked over his gold Miza, he was glad she didn't let him finish. She deserved a son every bit as unpleasant as herself.

With that thought in mind, he packed up his meager things and headed off to home.
"I'm Speaking"
"I'm speaking and using hypnosis"
I'm implanting thoughts using hypnosis
I have implanted an Obsession
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Words: 375060
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2011, 12:05 am
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Duality on September 28th, 2011, 9:03 am

Image Alric
Image +1 Hypnotism
+1 Observation

Image No sales equals boring day
Using Hypnotism to gain customers
A bare glance at the mysteries of parenting

Image +1gm

I liked this short thread a lot! It was an interesting scene and definitely well-organized in terms of thought process and action. You should try adding a bit more description to the scene as well as to your hypnotism process. Overall, though, it was a great read!
For any thoughts or concerns over this ruling, please PM me!
Duality
Everything is. And it isn't.

Words: 27620
Joined roleplay: September 19th, 2011, 10:50 am
Race: Staff account
Office