Boo! [Ghosts]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is dedicated to housing a thread for each race wherein each race gets to keep in touch with each other, check-in, chit-chat, plot the further advancement of their race, tell jokes, post pictures, keep in contact, etc. Look for your race's thread and feel free to join in the discussion - whatever that may be on any given day!

Boo! [Ghosts]

Postby Chaeli Snowsong on September 22nd, 2011, 12:06 am

I hate you, but it's okay because I hate everyone. :)

Here's to having no access to the skill points you collected in life!
Pronunciation in Common
VaniSymenos
Chaeli Snowsong
Put your money on the pawn.

Words: 24531
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2011, 5:46 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Boo! [Ghosts]

Postby Auldwin on October 2nd, 2011, 2:49 am

You can't keep a good man down. Ghosts are probably the best representation of this. Although you could probably substitute 'good' with 'angry'.

Ghosts are quite interesting in that they represent a completely different style of game play inside of Mizahar. A game play that's different without having to go outside of the game. They represent a type of freedom that very few other races have. The freedom to go nearly where ever you want, and very nearly do whatever you want. Those guards at the gate won't keep you out. More appropriately without the right skills they CAN'T keep you out.

With that freedom comes the chains of death, a type of stasis all Ghosts face of being somewhat frozen in time. For this reason we cannot gain non-Ghost skills unless we possess a Spiritist, but that shows that it is possible for a driven and dedicated Ghost. There's another reason to love being a Ghost as well. Being as few as we are, this is a prime time to show how awesome Ghosts can be!
Auldwin
In this state I can find a purpose.

Words: 166853
Joined roleplay: October 1st, 2011, 11:48 pm
Character sheet
Medals: 1
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Boo! [Ghosts]

Postby Ragnor Matlian on October 2nd, 2011, 4:11 am

Ghosts for the win? I think yes! Anyways good to see some ghosts floating around :)
Ragnor Matlian
Player

Words: 62821
Joined roleplay: March 27th, 2011, 11:25 pm
Character sheet
Donor (1)

Boo! [Ghosts]

Postby Growl on October 2nd, 2011, 4:16 am

Yes, best they're fed a good amount of soulmist and not turned to dust...
I carry the words of the dead.
Growl
Lost Soul

Words: 167857
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2011, 12:51 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Boo! [Ghosts]

Postby Auldwin on October 11th, 2011, 3:54 pm

Just some Ghostly musings considering how quiet things are.

Ghosts are cool because you could have awesome underwater adventures if you want. With no need to breathe, no injury from water pressure, and no real worry about underwater predators, a Ghost is the guy er--spirit you want with you under the water when seeking out sunken treasure or killer artifacts. Just imagine how much cool stuff is under the water?
Auldwin

Character sheet

Boo! [Ghosts]

Postby Auldwin on October 16th, 2011, 11:24 am

Just another Ghostly musing.

So you like travel do you? You want to see all of Mizahar, but are worried about the difficulties in travel? Ghosts are the way to go! You don't need to worry about foliage, obstacles, weather, hunger, thirst, or fatigue! Going through a dense forest? You're walking through the trees anyway! Blistering cold snowstorm? No big deal. Eye stinging sandstorm? You don't have eyes. Don't worry about trapping rabbits or finding clean water, you don't need that stuff anyway. Bandits and brigands? What are you going to take from a Ghost (if they even have the ability to interact with a Ghost)? Or how about how much distance can you cover? Quite a bit, because you have no muscles to tire and you don't sleep.

Yup, travel is pretty nice as a Ghost, just mind the roaming Spiritists.
Auldwin

Character sheet

Boo! [Ghosts]

Postby Auldwin on October 21st, 2011, 8:45 pm

Another Ghostly musing here.

I think some people are intimidated by Ghosts because of the possibility of having a narrow skill set. Yeah, Ghosts can't get Gnosis, and yeah, Ghosts have a heck of a time learning non-Ghostly skills. But think about it, just how many skills does a Ghost need in the name of self-sufficiency?

You don't really need climbing, or swimming, or running, or acrobatics, or riding, or wilderness survival.

Understanding and learning a trade would be neat as a Ghost, but you wouldn't really benefit from most of your work, although you could make a few friends that way for certain.

Anyway, just a few thoughts on the subject, sometimes being a Ghost isn't as bad off as it seems.
Auldwin

Character sheet

Boo! [Ghosts]

Postby Cassy on October 23rd, 2011, 5:31 am

Hello I am the latest Ghost on the block. Any advice on getting an RP started as a literal Free Spirit?
Cassy
Forlorn Innocence

Words: 6663
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2011, 8:55 pm
Character sheet

Boo! [Ghosts]

Postby Sayf al Din on October 23rd, 2011, 5:47 am

Nice to see that the ghostpopulation is growing in numbers, hope to run into some of you sometime in the future.

This character is a Spiritist so we could have some fun threads I think, but we'll see how it goes ey.:)
Sayf al Din
Player

Words: 9860
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2011, 8:54 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Boo! [Ghosts]

Postby Chaeli Snowsong on October 23rd, 2011, 3:57 pm

What I like about the ghost is that you can focus on some abstract, crazy person's goal, instead of just skill points. My character doesn't want to roam the world (yet) and she's never really considered the advantages of water (though I think their cold would move faster in water and harm more things--good or bad? Matter of opinion). But she does have her own purpose, that driving force, and it will develop more as a function of her interactions than any collection of skills.

Not that you can't do that, as a human. But as a ghost... it's more important.

Starting as a ghost isn't all that hard. We're all pissed that we died violently or tragically or both, and we're probably sad that we don't get to be alive any more. Your character can roam around complaining about the inhumanity (or inakalakity, or inchaktaweity, etc) of it all, and bump into someone in the process. The challenge is finding your reason. Anger and sadness pass (albeit not as easily, for ghosts), and you need something better than rage or mourning to keep you around. There needs to be something more you cling to, or else you run the risk of being content--gods forbid--and whisking off into the reincarnation cycle. That could be revenge, it could be the memory of a person, it could be resentment or affection or just a lack of fulfillment.

I've gotten into this character so much that I've escaped into a million little tangents. If only she were so coherent.
Pronunciation in Common
VaniSymenos
Chaeli Snowsong
Put your money on the pawn.

Words: 24531
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2011, 5:46 am
Character sheet

Next