A Dispute on the Bank Side (Cicatrice)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Talbot on September 26th, 2011, 7:58 am

With the "boy's" cap gone, Talbot could see clearly that "he" was in fact a "she." His surprise wasn't well-concealed on his face; he'd almost felt sorry for hurting her.

"Huh. I was starting to suspect that you were a girl, but then I've never really known a girl who's asked to get kicked in the behind. I thought you were just a really effeminate boy," he said with a smirk. "You should wear a dress and grow your hair long, like the other girls. That way you might actually attract a boy someday, assuming that's what you want."
Talbot
Nomad

Words: 19420
Joined roleplay: September 21st, 2011, 10:56 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Cicatrice on September 26th, 2011, 7:09 pm

Cicatrice mumble something inaudible under her breath, standing and placing her cap back on her head. The fight had left her, not really angry so much as embarrassed now. And the man didn't seem like he wanted to do any more fighting either. With her mind cleared, Cicatrice could see just how exhausted the man looked. A sliver of guilt worked it's way through her; she should have left after he had packed up his things.

Cicatrice rolled her eyes at the teasing, though she didn't say anything. It wouldn't do any good if she got him back in a bad mood. "I don't particularly like dresses, but I'd grow out my hair if I could." She answered halfheartedly. "But you don't have to deal with a crazed mother who wanted so desperately for a son." there was more bitterness in her words than she had intended, quickly smothering those feelings with a light smile. "Moving on; you really shouldn't stay out here. It's not safe. I'm sure you could find a room for the bight inside the city."
Last edited by Cicatrice on September 30th, 2011, 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alternate PC

Lyth
Cicatrice
Player

Words: 24023
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2011, 12:20 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Talbot on September 27th, 2011, 1:16 am

Talbot plotted down on a log placed near the pile of ashen sticks that had been burning not long ago, before the girl had intervened. He watched as she slipped her hat back over her head, producing a shadow over her face and concealing her features once more. He was happy to see that his threat had popped that head full of air of hers, quietly accepting defeat.

He lowered his head, his feelings of triumph thwarted by the mention of her mother rejecting the person she is. It reminded him of his own mother. At least she doesn't detest you so much that she'd kill herself, he thought.

He looked up to see her smile lightly. "So, someone throws you five feet from where you stand, and your response is to offer them some friendly advice?" Talbot asked, chuckling incredulously. "Your mind must work backwards."

However, he did consider packing up and moving to a quieter location. If it had been this easy for a young local girl to find him, then it must've been by a stroke of luck that he hadn't been discovered by a slaver, murderer or thief. Even if the hard, uneven ground looked good enough to sleep on, he wouldn't be too happy to wake up as part of the newest collection of merchandise the slave market has to offer, if he woke up at all.
Talbot
Nomad

Character sheet

Postby Cicatrice on September 27th, 2011, 2:44 am

Cicatrice snickered lightly at the incredulity the man had in his voice as he questioned her sanity. Though he did have a point; most would have left the man to his demise out in the wild. But really, when had she ever thought of herself as a normal sunberthian? "Would you rather I stood up, cursing your name, and pull a weapon out on you?" She asked, the ridiculousness of the thought nearly making her laugh. She could imagine one of the fat slave merchants screaming at the man. It really was a laughable image.

Giving her head a quick shake, Cicatrice came over, standing just out of reach of the man. "Ever think that maybe I just want to be nice?" She asked, her voice light, having lost the biting edge she had had earlier, that same smile still stretched on her lips. "Is it so odd that I care enough to see that an obviously tired traveler has a bed for the night?"
Alternate PC

Lyth
Cicatrice
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Talbot on September 27th, 2011, 8:04 am

He surveyed her curiously as she sauntered closer to him. Judging by the distance she put between them, she still mistrusted him. That meant he had about as much reason to trust her, but at least he knew she hadn't completely lost all her mental faculties.

Talbot wasn't the best judge of character, but he knew that no one is as innocent as they seem. There was also a mischievous glint in her eyes, but perhaps that was just something all youths had. "Yes, that is very odd. I can't help but feel like you're trying to drag me into some kind of scheme that will put me at a disadvantage."
Talbot
Nomad

Character sheet

Postby Cicatrice on September 27th, 2011, 8:37 am

Trying to drag him into something? Well, he was still wary of her, which she supposed wasn't really a bad thing. It was what kept most people safe when they lived and traveled in these parts of the world. Maybe he wasn't as idiotic as she had believed before. "Fair enough." She said lightly. Taking a moment, she took the last few steps to come stand beside the man, bending at the knee so that they were more eye level. "But you do realize I have just as much risk of walking into something by being out here. I don't know if your working for someone, though I don't think I'd still be free if you were."

The Konti girl didn't know why, but she had taken a liking to the stranger. Probably due to the fact that this had been the longest she'd ever held a conversation that wasn't with her instructor. It really was sad how much she lacked a social life; making friends with random strangers she had nearly gotten into fights with. "I'm not going to try and make you trust me, but I'm asking that you do. It might not be much safer, but being inside the city would at least offer you a little bit more protection than just being out here."
Alternate PC

Lyth
Cicatrice
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Talbot on September 27th, 2011, 11:02 am

Talbot was tempted to check himself. With the way she was acting towards him, careful and deliberate, he wondered if he was in his jaguar semblance. He wiggled his thumbs to reassure himself, glad to know they were still intact, but in turn he realised the risk that came with being in such close quarters with her, mostly on her part. He could imagine a number of potentially unpleasant developments that could follow just by putting herself in this state. She was taking a leap of faith, trusting him. He felt his heart warm.

He was done with the teasing and the questioning. She was sincere about wanting to help him, so the least he could do was show her some regard. He nodded simply. "You're right," he sighed, although he resented admitting so. He stood up, casting a shadow over the smaller figure as he did. "Where should I go, then?"
Talbot
Nomad

Character sheet

Postby Cicatrice on September 27th, 2011, 9:12 pm

Cicatrice couldn't help the surprised grin that tugged on her lips. She had somehow managed to gain the man's trust, and for a strange reason it made her happy. Though that feeling was short lived, giving way to annoyance as he stood up, reminding her of just how much shorter she was. She truly hated having to look up to everyone. "...You should shrink a few inches.." She mumbled, a soft pout on her lips. Waving the subject away, her easy smile came back.

"Well, it'd be safer if you stayed at one of the lesser known taverns. They don't draw in as much attention." She explained, thinking about the 'safer' areas of Sunberth. By safer she meant less likely for a sleeping traveler to get his throat ripped out. "Unless your planning on buying a place of your own, the tavern on the far side of the city would be the best place to be. The prices are a little high, but at least you won't have to worry as much."
Alternate PC

Lyth
Cicatrice
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Talbot on September 27th, 2011, 10:37 pm

"No offence, but why, of all places, would I buy a home here?" he asked as he grabbed his things from inside the tent and started to hoist them over his horse's back. The horse gave an indignant cry, too tired to carry the burden. Talbot petted him reassuringly. "From what I've heard, this city is tearing itself apart. Living in constant fear is not the way to be. I doubt I'll even be around for more than two days."

After all his equipment had been packed away, he started to take his tent asunder. He turned his gaze towards the girl. "I'm supposing you'll show me the way to these 'lesser known' taverns, so while you're waiting, you could make yourself useful and give me a hand."
Talbot
Nomad

Character sheet

Postby Cicatrice on September 27th, 2011, 11:53 pm

The young girl's eyes narrowed, a frown settling on her face. "Because those who find themselves in Sunberth are normally here because they can't go anywhere else." She said softly, her gaze dropping to the ground. "Why would you waste your time even travelling out this way? There's plenty of other cities or towns that you could go to." Cicatrice fell silent, not wanting to sound like she was trying to force him away after all the convincing she had done to actually get the man into the city.

The girl turned her gaze back to the stranger, somewhat annoyed at the tone the man was taking with her. "Sure, but I'm not the best at this kind of thing. Just tell me what you need me to do." She said lightly, stepping over to help wherever she could. The longer they stayed out here, the worse she felt about it. There could be any number of threats out there, and the sun was nearly gone. She wouldn't be able to see much in the dark.
Alternate PC

Lyth
Cicatrice
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook

PreviousNext