[Syliras Location] The Golden Dragon

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Gossamer on June 15th, 2009, 6:23 pm

Services

Rooms
Hourly 1 sm
Daily 1 gm
Weekly 10 gm
* includes stabling

Meals
Breakfast - 1 gm
Lunch - 2 gm
Dinner - 5 gm
* includes drinks and desert

Companionship
Hourly - 1 gm
Entire Night - 10 gm
* Availability varies

Other
Dreamsmoke - 1 sm
Dragondust - 10 gm

Surprisingly the Golden Dragon is everything a gentleman's club should be, yet it caters to both sexes arbitrarily. The rooms are clean and elegant, yet far less expensive than say the White Swan. Companionship is readily available in all sorts of forms, though a regular list is indeed not available. The ladies and gentleman are paid rather than owned, and often do double duty as cooks, maids, and waiters rather than simply exclusively entertain. The Golden Dragon is elegantly decorated with animal skin lounges and free flowing wine which is always complimentary. Often, visitors to the city find that taking a room at the Dragon is far quieter than a simple Inn elsewhere. The Dragon is convenient to the castle and its grand bazaar, as well as adjacent to the stables and various other businesses.

Meals are simple affairs, served in rooms or at a small formal dining area within the Golden Dragon. In fact, one might expect a facility like the Golden Dragon to be open and airy, but instead the place is divided into a maze of private areas where folks can linger, converse, or dine. Each 'area' has a hearth that is normally blazing night or day, especially in the winter. This is due to the often revealing clothing the employees within the Golden Dragon wear. In the summer, large glass panes can be slide open to allow air flow and cooling throughout the building. Customers are encouraged to linger in the lower portions of the facility and are often left to their own devices other than drinks or dreamsmoke getting refilled.

To walk openly through the business might give the faint of heart some pause for often customers do not wait to take any companionship they might select to enjoy to the upper floors for complete privacy. Instead, openness is encouraged on the lower floors, where often new friendships are formed. Young ladies who are guests are never mistaken for employees. All employees are required to wear gold bracelets that reflect their status so customers will not be confused.

No children are allowed in the Golden Dragon. All employees are considered adults by Mizaharian Standards. The owner, Tyras Kalvintal, keeps this rule strictly enforced. If any guests get out of control, Tyras is fully prepared (along with two or three of the cooks who are well trained in bouncing) to uninvite them from the normally peaceful facility. Anyone looking for employment within the Golden Dragon should see Tyras for an interview. He is often looking for various help, be they companions, cooks, or even simply waiters or maids.

This location is moderated by Chevalier and Archon
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Re: [Syliras Location] The Golden Dragon

Postby Nyx on December 16th, 2009, 8:51 am

Timestamp: 10th day of Winter

After a passing the main gates, Nyx and Silas wandered trough the city, looking for a place to stay for the day. A man that was passing by had been nice enough to tell Silas about 'The Golden Dragon' and had pointed them in this direction. Now they were looking at the front of the establishment they were send to. "Well, it looks not too bad, I guess", Nyx said to Silas before she opened the front door and walked in.

Once inside, Nyx was surprised by the interior, with the red drapes and gold everywhere. "What the hell kind of place is this?", she whispered to Silas. Nyx walked towards the menu. "Silas? What do they mean by 'companionship', and what's dreamsmoke and dragondust? And why on earth would you want to rent a room for just one bell? This really is a very odd place..."
Nyx
Player

Words: 2687
Joined roleplay: December 9th, 2009, 5:58 pm
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gossamer on December 16th, 2009, 8:43 pm

Nyx

Tyras noted the newcommers and looked accessingly at them. He raised an eyebrow, and then stopped talking to one of the women who were working there, and moved carefully through the maze of private seating areas to greet them just inside the foyer. He smiled gently, looking somewhat friendly as he greeted the pair. "Hello there. How can I help you? Would you be interested in something to eat? Drink? Perhaps lodging for the night? Or perhaps you'd like some companionship. We have musicians, storytellers, and other forms of service for your pleasure." He said in a friendly manner. "There's also baths off each room if you'd like to wash the travel dust away. My name is Tyras and the Golden Dragon is mine."
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Nyx on December 17th, 2009, 5:30 pm

Nyx was still looking at the menu when she heard a man coming closer to her and Silas. She could not see him, but she could hear his footsteps and breathing from a distance. She turned away from the menu and saw the man was smiling at them politely."Hello there. How can I help you? Would you be interested in something to eat? Drink? Perhaps lodging for the night? Or perhaps you'd like some companionship. We have musicians, storytellers, and other forms of service for your pleasure." Nyx looked at the man, who was still smiling and straightened the hood of her cloak. "There's also baths off each room if you'd like to wash the travel dust away. My name is Tyras and the Golden Dragon is mine."

For a moment Nyx and Silas just stood there looking at the man who introduces himself as Tyras, then Nyx kicked Silas softly against the back of his leg. Startled by the kick, Silas did a step forward in the direction of Tyras and was a little hesitated to speak. "I'm... I mean we...we are looking for a place to stay for the... well uhm...the day." Silas face turned slightly red as he felt a bit shy talking to the stranger. He had never been out of the house before they had left Hai and he was still getting used to talking to people he did not know, actually, he preferred not to talk to them but he had never ignored Nyx' wishes, and he sure was not going to start ignoring them now. "We'd like to stay just for the day for now, I don't think we need companionship, maybe later..." By then Nyx got impatient, grabbed Silas by his shoulder and pulled him back. "We will pay in advance to stay here for a week, we don't need companionship for now and can you tell me what Dreamsmoke and Dragondust are? Also, I need to buy an identification kit, do you know where I can find one?"
Nyx
Player

Words: 2687
Joined roleplay: December 9th, 2009, 5:58 pm
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gossamer on December 28th, 2009, 8:27 am

Nyx

"Well, its ten gold mizas for the week, for certain. And that includes stabling for any animals you might have." Tyras said. He smiled slightly, and gestured to some displays off the main counter. "Dreamsmoke is just a relaxing fume that you inhale. It relieves muscle aches and often brings visions. Dragondust is made from the ground up bones of the Velispar, ancient, and is said to make a man more vigorous in bed." Tyras grinned at Silas and gestured. "Would you like to try some?" He asked, carefully, almost amused. "And as for the identification kit... uh.. I'm not sure what that is, but almost anything can be purchased in the Bazaar. I'd check there." He said helpfully.

"So... if you hand me the coin, I'll show you to your room. It's just upstairs, and you can relax or bathe as you'd prefer."
He said helpfully, already gathering up a handfull of towels and a basket of fruit which he normally left in each rented room with the folks who purchased by the week.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Emory Ruin on May 4th, 2010, 1:56 am

(ooc: Emory has already check in...carry on from other topic if you will. I will remove 10 gold mizas from her ledger, if that is correct?)

Emory slipped her arm over Kamrynn’s own, thankful. She could feel the muscles flinch beneath her swaying weight and quickly righted herself from her crouching posture. “Sorry”, she mumbled. It wasn’t hard to believe that more than his eye had been injured. Now, Emory secretly wondered how hurt he really was.

Entering the Golden Dragon’s lobby once more turned out to be more calming than originally anticipated. The atmosphere was welcoming like nothing violent had ever occurred. Emory’s stomach wasted no time in betraying her profound desire for food. Embarrassed, she quickly slide her right hand over her abdomen. Shhhh, just wait a little longer, was the contemplated response to her empty belly.

Emory felt Kamrynn’s gaze upon her once more. Instead of jeopardizing what was left of her pride to see if it was amusement that shone in his eyes or not, Emory examined the room. Various tables lined the sturdy walls of the Inn. Other residents were contented talking amongst themselves and some were even enjoying a hot meal.

A man stepped through the front door, bringing with him, the distinct aroma of horses. Emory guessed that a stable lay just around the corner, almost certainly being an addition to the Inn itself. There was a bar near the closet table and Emory released Kamrynn’s arm in order to approach it.
In a moment of fear, words failed their initial purpose. She looked to Kamrynn as if to ask, “How do I ask for food?” Hoping he’d the lead, Emory grabbed a seat, happy to finally rest and just…well, rest.
Emory Ruin
I'll Light The World in Fiery Peril

Words: 27338
Joined roleplay: April 13th, 2010, 3:54 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Kamrynn Sleightyr on May 4th, 2010, 4:01 am

Kamrynn couldn't suppress a grin as Emory took his arm. His injuries, once pressing and nearly unbearable, became long forgotten trifles the instant she leaned her weight against him, but it wasn't magic at work this time.

As they slowly made their way into the lobby, Kamrynn wondered idly what to expect, but his unease was ill-founded. The lobby had restored as though nothing had ever happened, and the rowdy patrons, including the nefarious blue-eyes, had been done away with.

The atmosphere was different, too. Now Kamrynn noticed many plush and elegant looking divans, love seats and sofas in rich colored hues set about the lounge. Patrons sat in these chairs chatting comfortably -very comfortably. Some of them comfortably enough to bring a hint of color to the innocent knight's cheeks.

There was a low rumbling next to him, and he turned to catch Emory turning her head away. He almost laughed, the poor girl must have been starving to have her stomach growling so.

They made it to the bar, where Emory gave him an expectant look before taking her seat. Kamrynn remembered some advice he had gotten a while back: a gentleman ordered for a lady.

Taking a seat next to Emory he flagged down a waitress. "Excuse me, miss." He called out softly, the woman smiled and made her way over to them.

The waitress was twenty-eight or so, with tan skin and her brown hair pulled up into a high pony tail. Her outfit was a golden color with red trim, and exposed much of her midriff. Dozens of beaded tassels hung from every seam, clacking softly.

"What can I get you two?" The waitress asked sweetly.

"Well," Kamrynn began. "We'll have what's for dinner, soup or stew if you've got it." Kamrynn glanced over at Emory to see if she approved, and she nodded shyly.

"We've got just the thing, sweethearts," She smiled, and gave Emory and Kamrynn a once over, making both of them feel more than a little uneasy. Having gleaned whatever mysterious information she was looking for, she spun around and fumbled with something on the counter against the wall. She was only busy a moment before she turned back to them.

"While you're waiting," She beamed, setting down two glasses of dark red wine. Kamrynn opened his mouth to object, but she raised her finger and cut him off. "Wine is always complimentary to guests of the Golden Dragon. Drink up and relax, I'll be back with your food in a moment." And with that, she disappeared into the kitchen leaving Kamrynn and Emory to themselves.

Kamrynn looked over at Emory, "So..." The whole establishment made him feel terribly out of place -and he was in his home city! He couldn't imagine how Emory felt. "I'm sorry Syliras has been such a disappointment so far. I promise you its not usually like this."
Kamrynn Sleightyr
Syliran Knight

Words: 71523
Joined roleplay: April 22nd, 2010, 8:37 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Emory Ruin on May 4th, 2010, 3:05 pm

Emory hadn’t completely taken in her surroundings by the time they’d sat down. The woman who soon approached them at the bar seemed only a few years older than herself.

“What can I get you two?” she inquired mechanically. She’d possibly asked the question thousands of times and yet, the query replicated pleasantly enough. Kamrynn quickly assisted her unproductive speaking habits by ordering them both something to eat. An elegant wine glass was slid in her direction. Its contents were claret and fragranced with something very sweet-smelling.

Reaching for the glass, Kamrynn uttered an apology concerning her current stay in the city. By then, the drink had already been lifted to her lips and she was about to take a sip. Emory shook her head nonchalantly, “Oh no, really, I rather like it here,” she smiled in refusal. She lowered her drink, cradling it in between her un-calloused hands. The glass made a light ting sound as she tapped her finger against its rim.

The spacious room was warm and alluring in many ways. Men and women alike lounged over expensive couches, flirting blatantly. A fire hummed and crackled and somewhere across the saloon, a man laughed heartily. Emory breathed in deeply, capturing a glimpse of Kamrynn’s countenance.

Unlike her, he didn’t seem to be enjoying the scenery. His arms were rigid and thoughts concentrated, or at least, that was how Emory perceived them to be. The injuries from his earlier affray were growing fainter. She hoped that they hurt less too.

Emory cleared her throat, finally taking a swig from her glass. The taste was murderously gratifying and strong. Her eyes watered for a just moment, taking it all in. “Ahhh,” she respired heavliy, setting her drink down.

Kamrynn had scarcely touched his own glass and Emory wondered why. She assumed he may not have been thirsty, but commented on it anyway. “Not one for the drink?” she asked flippantly. He looked up at her and grinned wryly. She didn’t care for an answer, though the subtle question hung in the air.

As if on cue, the bar lady returned with two steaming meals.

“What is it?” asked Emory, peering into the chunky soup.

“Beef stew, love, and vegetables”, was the reply. She gave them both a friendly wink before turning on her heel and strolling off.

Probably checking on another resident, Emory guessed. A silver spoon lay in the soup. She cautiously picked it up and spun the liquid around. The smell was incredibly mouthwatering. Instead of thinking twice about it, Emory dipped her spoon in and brought the broth to her lips.

“Mmnh, ” she sighed, serving herself another mouthful. The beef melted like ice over her tongue, “This is so good,” she managed. Suddenly remembering her etiquette, Emory touched her lips with one hand and swallowed. Young ladies did not talk with their mouths full, what she was doing?

Thinking of the impression it might leave on Kamrynn, she concisely giggled an apology. “Excuse me, I completely forgotten my manners,” she managed, gingerly wiping the droplet of broth that slid down the side of her mouth.

To change the turn of events, Emory abruptly asked a question that had popped into her head before they’d even sat down at the bar. “So when did you come to Slyliras, or have you lived here your whole life?” she wanted to know.
Emory Ruin
I'll Light The World in Fiery Peril

Words: 27338
Joined roleplay: April 13th, 2010, 3:54 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Kamrynn Sleightyr on May 4th, 2010, 9:58 pm

Kamrynn wasn’t enjoying the scenery, but he was trying his best. Sitting straight in his chair, his arms locked at his sides, he did his best to ignore the flirting patrons and wondered just what kind of place this was –it was nothing like any inn or tavern he had been to, though that was an admittedly short list. Why had he taken the homeless man’s advice and led Emory here?

“Not much for the drink?” Emory’s cheery comment brought Kamrynn back to reality. The glass in front of him sat forgotten, while her own had a healthy portion missing from the top.

She was mostly right, the Syliran knights weren’t known for their drinking, but there had been a handful of celebrations where Kamrynn had drank a Lager or two with his fellows. He forced a wry smile and returned, “No, nothing like that.” He lifted his glass and drained it to the halfway mark. It was good: dry and aromatic with just a hint of the grape’s sweetness. Ah, but it was awfully strong to be gulping down.

Tears welled up at the corners of his eyes as he set the glass down and his throat burned terribly, but the warmth that spread outward from his stomach was pleasant. Even better, the waitress had returned with their food. The knight wasted no time in plunging his spoon into the bowl; he was used to the chow hall food in the barracks, which isn’t something one slows down to savor, unless they enjoyed the taste of dirt.

The flavors were incredible, and he had to pause for a moment to appreciate them. “This is so good!” Emory complimented, and Kamrynn echoed her sentiments with a nod as he chased some of the soup down with a piece of freshly baked bread.

“Excuse me.” Emory giggled. “I’ve completely forgotten my manners,” She dabbed at her mouth with a napkin, which brought a smile to Kamrynn’s lips. The knights all had to take a class as squires, too, on proper etiquette and knightly behavior. He had been doing the best he could with what little he remembered, but seeing Emory’s laid back demeanor convinced him to scrap it. He loosened his posture and relaxed, and he was suddenly a lot more comfortable.

“So when did you come to Syliras, or have you lived here your whole life?” Emory asked suddenly.

He was almost embarrassed to answer. “I’ve lived here my whole life,” He began. “When I was a kid, I lived with my parents in the upper districts; my father was a knight in one of the highest branches of command, so we lived pretty well.” Kamrynn took another sip of wine before he continued. “I lived there until I was about sixteen or so, my mother took ill and her sister moved in with her family to help care for her. Ah, well,” He fumbled with the words. “When she died, I decided I didn’t really need such a nice place by myself, so I moved into the barracks and left the house to my Aunt. I’ve lived there ever since.”

“I’ve only travelled out of Syliras once in my life, and that was during my final trial to become a Syliran knight…” Kamrynn paused for a moment in thought, an indecipherable look of flashed across his face, but it was gone as quickly as it came. Lifting his glass, the knight forced the rest of the wine down his throat in a hurry. It didn't burn this time. “Well, to be fair, nearly all of my life has been spent in these walls. I’m envious of you, leaving your home to go to a new city and seek your fortune. So, what’s your story?”
Kamrynn Sleightyr
Syliran Knight

Words: 71523
Joined roleplay: April 22nd, 2010, 8:37 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Jischa on October 31st, 2010, 3:51 pm

60th Fall, 510 A.V.

Having settled into her room at the Golden Dragon Inn quite comfortably, Jischa wandered back down to the lower floor occasionally, restless and looking for something to do. There never seemed to be a shortage of people to chat with, as guests of all types seemed to wander into the inviting Inn. Some of these, unaware of just what sort of lodgings the Golden Dragon had to offer, were almost comical in their reactions to the near-naked employees of the Inn, but almost none that Jischa had seen had hurried back into the mild Fall air, instead resigning themselves to a night or two of the luxury on offer here.Image

A glass of wine in-hand, the Konti healer made the rounds of the private areas whose curtains hadn't been drawn, chatting amicably with new arrivals, and exchanging pleasantries and teasing remarks with those who'd been there as long as, or even longer than, her two days at the inn. Admiring one employee's golden bangle bracelet, it'd been pointed out to her that all the employees wore them, so as to not confuse them with patrons of the inn. Impressed by this, Jischa had moved on, an idea forming in the back of her mind.

A Companion. Just the thought made her smile wickedly, thoughts of her sister's upturned nose flitting across her imagination. She'd never be caught dallying with a near stranger, and for pay! The idea nearly sent Jischa into a fit of giggles, her older sister's disapproving dismay all the more reason for her to more fully consider the idea -provided the pay and perks were worth it of course. As far as she'd seen, the Companions didn't do much more than what she considered an average day back home, her skills at dancing and her Healing-touched massages sought after by visitors looking for a relaxing, fun time in Mura's famed pavillions.

Still fairly deep in contemplative thought, Jischa rounded a canvas-draped corner, one delicate finger tapping the side of her chin. Perhaps she'd best find the proprietor of this 'upstanding' establishment and and let him realize for himself what a golden opportunity she could be for him.
Jischa
Answering The Call

Words: 27932
Joined roleplay: October 23rd, 2010, 9:03 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next