Rekindling the Steps (Yuralria)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Kendall Saarinen on October 3rd, 2011, 5:02 am

82nd of Autumn, 511

A new city, a new place for Kendall to sate his thirst for spirits. He was trying to get better. Everything that had happened made him want to keep away from alcohol. He was better than a drunk. He could keep himself straight if he did not let the drink pass his lips. It was hard though. Especially when it was right there for the taking.

For now, Kendall sat alone at a table. He poured over his papers, trying to think of something new to write. Something fitting the city. He scribbled away at the paper, letting the rhymes and lyrics flow. He wrote of the snow, the bears, even the Vantha. He had not been in the city too long but he would have been blind not to see it's beauty.

Across the bar Kendall could see a girl dancing. That was new. No one in Zeltiva would ever dream of dancing in the Kelp Bar. It just wasn't a place where people wanted to show their creativity. It was gloomy and it gave one the feeling of just wanting to drink and get out as soon as they arrived. Kendall missed the days when he used to dance. He was not exactly skilled in it when he was a girl but he dabbled. It was one of the few happy memories of his sister Suanna. They used to dance with one another back when Suanna was young enough not to think the world revolved around her. Kendall could not shake the desire to want to dance again. He was not sure how good he would be at it since he had a whole different body to work with. It would have been nice to dance with Hadrian though.
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Yuralria on October 7th, 2011, 3:16 am

Dancing on the bar Yuralria caught a look from a young man sitting alone at a table. He was attractive, with Blonde hair and mismatched eyes, and there was something in them that Yura read as almost soft. He's cute Stated a breeze that hung around her often, blowing playfully through her hair. With a litle prompting from Yura in the form of a meaningful glance in his direction, the breeze blew over and gently caressed the stranger's face.She jumped gracefully off the stage and onto the bar, then dismounted and walked over to his table. "Rayv!" Yura shouted"How about a drink for this guy, see if we can get him to stop bumming" She said as a few miza's dropped onto the table. She jumped onto the table and faced the New comer. " I saw you glancing my way, I'm Yuralria Whitevine and I dance here, obviously, If there's anything I could... Help you with, Just ask" She took her long hair out of it's ponytail as the wind blew playfully through it, and she stood, resuming her dance, but this time on the table.
Yuralria
Are you fire? Are you fury?

Words: 28952
Joined roleplay: September 28th, 2010, 1:40 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Kendall Saarinen on October 9th, 2011, 6:34 am

When the girl approached Kendall he looked at her with surprise. He could see how the girl might have thought he was eyeing her. He had a tendency of staring at people when he was deep in thought. While he was simply thinking about his sister he had seemed as though he was eyeing the dancing girl. This was not his intention.

Kendall smiled lightly as he looked at the girl. "Hello Yuralria, I'm Kendall." The girl looked young, or at least younger than him. There was something about her that was different than the other Vantha he had seen about. Her hair seemed more colored and her skin, more light. While he had not been in the city for too long, being engaged to a Vantha did give him a bit of insight on the Vantha race.

When he was handed the drink, Kendall nodded and uttered a thank you. He supposed he should be polite and accept the drink although he tended to act a bit… different when drinking. Out of respect he took a small sip. He could feel his body relaxing slightly at the taste of the ale. "You can sit down if you like… unless you need to get back to dancing. You are very good by the way." He took another sip before divulging in the fact he used to dance a bit as a child. The girl did not need to know everything about him.
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Yuralria on October 12th, 2011, 5:39 pm

Yuralria was slightly dissappointed when he realized she had misjudged his gaze, but the music was slowing so she decided to take up his offer and sit down. She walked over to the bar and snagged a pint for herself, telling the bartender she was taking a break.

As she reached the table, she took a sip of her ale and sat. "Thank your for the compliment, I have been dancing since I was very young" She explained "What brings you to this frigid corner of Mizahar?" She asked, curious. "working in a tavern, you see a lot of people, and I have yet to see you around, either here or in the city in general" There weren't many people she hadn't seen, as almost every one who lived in the city visited the tavern at some point.
Yuralria

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Kendall Saarinen on October 12th, 2011, 11:33 pm

Kendall smiled lightly. "You're welcome. My sister used to dance a lot when we were younger. It always reminds me of her when I see someone else doing it." He was not sure if that was a good or bad thing. Kendall and Suanna currently could not stand each other. He was not sure if they would ever be able to rekindle their sisterly bond. It had burned out so long ago.

"I came here with a group. My… friend is looking for knowledge. I'm just trying to be anywhere but home." The words were much more blatantly truthful than the blonde was used to. He had gone so long hiding every little thing from everyone he met. He was no longer in Sylira though. No one in Taldera knew him. He could afford to be a bit more truthful.

Kendall watched the girl, taking in her aura. It was proud and curious. Kendall could not help but be curious about her as well. Her eyes were that of a Vantha but her hair and skin seemed nothing like the others of the city. Her hair was a deep red while her skin was light. Was she part Vantha? "Were you born here? Sorry if that is prying. You just seem different from the other Vantha." He blushed slightly at the words. "Not that being different is a bad thing! Trust me, I am very different as well. Clearly…" He motioned to the sea of dark hair around him.

A deep blush colored Kendall's cheeks. "Sorry…" The girl carried a Hold name so she must have been from the city. "I hope I didn't offend you."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Yuralria on October 17th, 2011, 4:17 am

Yura took a sip of her drink, letting the cool liquid wet her mouth. She had been dancing all day, so it felt fantastic slipping down her throat. She considered Kendall for a moment. He was strange in his apperance and manners. he had two different colored eyes, which was quite a rarity, and he blushed at the thought of offending someone, which was even stranger, especially for a guy.

After some hesitation, and some 'considering' of her stein. Yura finally decided the question was innocent enough and answered. "It takes a whole lot more than that to offend me, I dance in a freaking bar for Morwen's sake." She smiled to herself. "I am indeed different from the other Vantha." she paused for a moment as a breeze blew some dust motes around in the air. It was almost as if Zulrav was nudging her on. I'm half Inarta, hence the red hair and pale skin, and I'm half Vantha, but I was raised here." She followed her answer with a question "Have you ever danced much?" She asked, her eyes slowly beginning to shift between colors, almost like they didn't know where the had to be.
Yuralria

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Kendall Saarinen on October 22nd, 2011, 6:57 pm

The attention Kendall was getting from Yuralria gave him mixed feelings. It made him a bit uncomfortable for one but at the same time, he could not help but feel proud that someone was giving him attention. Kendall was not a cocky person, not in the slightest. There was a pride in him, one that had been slowly growing since Kendall had found himself in this body. He wanted people to look at him and find him interesting.

"Good to know." Kendall chuckled slightly, a small blush coloring his cheeks. Although Kay'lan had told him a good amount about Vantha, the blond still worried he was not as brushed up on their customs as he should have been. "That is a very interesting combination. I'm just human." There was more to him than that but it was complicated. There was Zaital blood in him, or in his rightful body. He was not just human. He had a hard time believing it though. His whole life he had thought he knew where he was from, who he was. The trip to Ravok had turned everything upside down though.

"I used to dance when I was younger, with my sister." Kendall felt as though that was a bit odd to say. While the pair were being truthful though, he thought a comment like that was not too off kilter. He had even danced with Kay'lan a few times. He had been a wonderful dancer. There really was not time to dance anymore. He could not deny that he would have loved to dance with Hadrian though. "I really liked it but I have not danced in a long time."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook