Is that the sound of fate? (Solomus Revon)

Solomus Revon meets up with Reaver, and discuss a strange deal with unique opportunities.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Reaver on October 13th, 2011, 5:24 am

Reaver smiled to himself, this deal was going very smoothly. He even wanted the list of the ignorant. That would make things simple. It would risk some of his friends, but he could always bend the rules a touch should need be. They would follow Rhysol with a mere mention of his name from any guard, they wouldn't be a risk anyway.

He smiled to himself. He had quite a grasp on how long his time was, but the word 'living' was so far off it was funny. He almost smiled even brighter, no good to him dead. However, he did say something of note. Reaver knew a touch of Isurian. The 'writing down a meeting place' idea was quite grand, however. He would do that in Isurian instead. He didn't know a great deal, but he knew enough for that.

"As it happens, I do know just a touch of Isur. Not a great deal, but I'll use what I can. Reading it would be a problem, but writing somewhere to meet would be simple. You should be able to do the same when you want to meet as well. Arranging specialty cases in person would keep them more secure, depending on the location. I do hope I can emulate your expectations in a spy, though matching them may be difficult. I'll do my best to aid you and Rhysol, you being the new part. A deal, then. The deal shall remain as my gauntlet, lets shake on it."

A very strange comment, but all the same Reaver held out his hand. If he shook the hand, he would find the gauntlet very cold, similar to the temperature one would expect the water to be. Reaver kept smiling to himself, he could learn so much the idea was exciting. However, he also knew it might just be a lot of fluff. If this person didn't carry out his end of the deal, he might receive a lot of fluff himself.

OOC 1Must say, it's almost funny enough to make me actually laugh on the outside too. Reaver's research almost revolves around him being a vigilante type, and yet you offered to aid him in that right after you made the claim of not wanting that sort of thing. Didn't even ask before offering to help. OOC 2It gets even more funny, when most of the secrets Reaver mentioned looking out for he happens to be guilty of himself. Oh, the only thing I don't find ironic is that Reaver does love collecting information, there's a genuine interest in this line of work.
Reaver's CS (Voice: #3355FF Thoughts: #000AAA Hidden: #3D2828)
Reaver
Student Teacher

Words: 212925
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2011, 1:51 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Solomus Revon on October 13th, 2011, 8:28 pm

Solomus was still slight annoyed he couldn't see the man's face behind his mask. Even more so when he saw emotion flash across his eyes. It could've been a number of things Reaver had just done, never to be known because Solomus had missed the rest of his facial language. Solomus enjoyed knowing things, and it jabbed him everytime he didn't know something. One reason he was beginning this whole spy network. Plus it was his unique study as part of the Ebonstryfe.

Solomus listened to the man voice his thoughts. So he knew some Isurian also. Very convinent. Nodding, Solomus spoke. "I need to brush up on some Isurian, and this would be good practice. I too agree that leaving where to meet in Isurian would be better than everything you learned." Solomus nodded again. Everything was running smooth. At least, from what Solomus knew. There were some things he didn't know, but he wasn't even thinking about that.

Reaver held out his hand, stating that they should shake on the deal. Solomus grasped the man's hand, shaking it firmly. Upon contact, Solomus' hand chilled. The mysterious man had really cold hands that reminded him of a corpse. But this man looked alive as Solomus himself. Maybe he was just cold-hearted. A good trait for the line of work he just threw himself into. "A deal it is."

Solomus let his hand go, withdrawing it back so it rested on the hammer once more. "So the next order of business would be to tell me where you live so I know where to go. Wouldn't want to break into the wrong house." Solomus waited. The deal was sealed, and post-arrangements were being made. An end to one story and the beginning to another. A story filled with chaos.
Solomus Revon
Apprentice of Rhysol

Words: 33161
Joined roleplay: September 21st, 2011, 11:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Reaver on October 14th, 2011, 11:14 am

He listened to the man. Was it really such a chanced meeting? This man must be really new to this area or something. "Of course. I'm sure a number of people could tell you where it is, I'm sure. All the same I can lead you there, it's easier to remember the look should I decide to move it." Should Solomus follow, Reaver would lead them over to the docks. Somewhere, a bit out of the way of course, he'd point out his small home.

It was a very old building, and somewhat small compared to a typical home. He would demonstrate the door being stuck, and how he would open it by leaning against the house. It would creak as he did so, but the door opened without too much fuss afterward. "It's not much, of course. The guard familiar to this area could always point it out to you, they know I like extra work, it's easier to keep them informed." If Solomus looked inside, he would find the interior as old and simple as the exterior. The only new thing in the house seamed to be a set of surgical equipment he had in an open box.

"I'll put the location inside a blank book, near one of the back pages. It'll be on my shelf. I hope to populate the shelf with more books in the future. Anything else?" If not, Reaver would bow, close his door, and be back on his way looking for work. If he had more to say, Reaver would regard the new information as needed.
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Solomus Revon on October 14th, 2011, 8:28 pm

Solomus followed Reaver to his home on the docks. It truly was out of the way, an old looking building that he would've walked by without a second glance. A good spot for a home, and a good spot to come when he needed information for his motives. Reaver pulled once on the door, showing Solomus that it was stuck, and then how to open it. When he heard the creak, the door would open without as much trouble as before. With that, and an explanation from Reaver about how he should explain to the guard, they stepped inside.

Besides surgical equipment in the middle of the room, Solomus didn't notice anything special about the little cottage. Reaver walked over to his bookshelf, and told the follower of Rhysol where the message would be hidden. With a nod, Solomus stepped outside as Reaver did.

"I have only two things left to address. First, when should I make my first visit? Also, heed this. You do not know my name, and after today, I won't mention your name unless you're around. If people ask about me, I'm only a friend that you meet from time to time. If they ask about you, you're the same to me. Nothing more, nothing less. I really don't want to kill you, since you haven't proven to me that I should. But this partnership will not be let loose until I say it is. Just remember that. We're not important in each other's lives in people's eyes. Now, once we set a date, you may be off." Solomus made the last sentence sound like an order. He needed to get in practice for when he led his own soldiers. Whenever that day came. But until then, Solomus' army stood before him. But two men could overthrow an army if they had the right contacts and knew the right information.
Solomus Revon
Apprentice of Rhysol

Character sheet

Postby Reaver on October 15th, 2011, 3:17 am

OOCLooking at my character sheet, that house would look VERY odd to me. No bed, a single chair, and a lockable coffin? If you'd like to change that up a bit, I'll change mine around to match. PM me if you do.

Reaver turned back, the man had more to say? Friends from time to time, interesting comment. "A drinking buddy, perhaps. Just don't make claims of winning. I should prove that sometime. Three weeks would be the 44th of this month. I don't usually make big plans, so it's not likely to change without me mentioning something. The plans I do make take priority in the order they are made. We could drink some, if you like. I'll be sure to pick something up before then." With nothing else, Reaver would wonder off on his way. There was always more work to be done.
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Solomus Revon on October 15th, 2011, 3:40 pm

Solomus listens to Reaver answer his last questions. The 44th it is. Once Reaver finishes, he wanders off. Solomus watches him go before he does the same. It was time to get started with cleansing Ravok of the filth. Oh, he had his work cut out for him. But it will be fun.

The End
Solomus Revon
Apprentice of Rhysol

Character sheet

Postby Verilian on November 18th, 2011, 8:05 pm

Reaver

• +1 Detection
  • +3 Negotiation
  • +1 Subterfuge

Lores: Looting a Patient, Trying to Avoid Trouble, Making a Deal, Sealing the Deal

Loot: Small Pouch with 17 silver mizas

Solumus Revon

• +1 Interrogation
  • +2 Intimidation
  • +3 Negotiation

Lores: Making a Deal, Creating a Spy, Sealing the Deal

You Question My Logic? :
Any questions, send me a PM

Notes: Good job, keep it up!
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous