[OOC] Character Dreams, Goals, and Ambitions

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Dempsey on October 26th, 2011, 3:46 am

Hey there!

Well I guess the first thing would be to work on medicine and try to become a master in that. Also I would like to build up any other skills that I can especially those that a healer might find useful.

A Gnosis mark from Rak'keli would be fun but seeing how Dempsey isn't the religious type he would have a long way to go on that. Maybe he has a revelation and becomes a devout follower or something?

Also a job would be nice. Preferably one related to medicine. Actually I was hoping that Dempsey may even be able to open up a clinic in Ravok if at all possible.
Dempsey
Potential Paragon

Words: 3587
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 3:12 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Cassandra Coven on October 27th, 2011, 6:12 am

V! I just saw this thread now, and can I just say you're an awesome DS? I don't suppose I can pirate you to Taloba or something, can I? Haha, just kidding! XD

Anyway...Cassandra's dreams...hmm...

She's pretty much living each day as it comes to be honest - she's that shallow. I think she wants to make something of herself eventually though, perhaps own her own tavern? Throughout my RP with her, I found that she enjoys, er, serving people. No, seriously, she does! She wants to get back the lifestyle she had before when her father was still alive and before tragedy struck her family and she got marked by Krysus and stuff.

But what I actually want for her, for the owning a tavern goal anyway, is to, I don't know, murder the current owners of the Silver Sliver and somehow get the deed of the place for Cassandra. She loves Mama and Papa (the owners), who are Seth's NPCs, and I understand they're connected to Black Sun somehow so she wouldn't dare hurt them consciously, so my goals for her and what she may want are actually in conflict with one another. Which is kinda fun from a writer's point of view. XD

Another of my goals is to have her somehow gain the personal interest of Rhysol. I don't know what I want out of that but I thought it would be interesting to RP out what happens if it ever comes to pass. She's really a nice girl, with a good heart, so being associated with Rhysol and his people makes all sorts of interesting conflicts for her. And that, personally, makes her the easiest PC to write among all my PCs.
there is something
i have to say to you
if you promise you'll understand
i cannot contain myself
when in your presence
i'm so humble
touch me
don't hide our love
woman to man

Cassandra Coven
Tortured Soul

Words: 205763
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2010, 8:21 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Goshawk on November 1st, 2011, 7:35 pm

Goshawk's Dreams, Goals, and Ambitions:

First of all, Goshawk wishes to become on of Rhysol's favoured and help to usher in an age of beautiful evil and chaos with the enslavement of all that is good and pure in the world. She is currently bent on corrupting as many of the "good people" out there to Rhysol's side and finding a way to join the Black Sun as an Agent {getting marked in the process}.

Goshawk also seeks to get a master level in Hypnotism, learn Animation from someone somewhere, Auristics, Leeching, Torture, Interrogation, Subterfuge, Observation and Investigation. She wants to learn Dual Wielding with her Iron Fans, achieve Competency with them, get a master too in using just the single fan, and learn how to use a second weapon (most likely a bow).

Seduction and other physical skills used to acquire information are some things that Goshawk is subconsciously trying to acquire.

Goshawk would also like to join one of the prestigious Families, preferably one that is cruel to slaves so she can befriend those slaves and then betray them to whichever Druvin runs the Family.

Goshawk is very ambitious.

She also wants to have a child.
Goshawk
I feel.

Words: 14745
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 7:25 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Arae on November 8th, 2011, 6:05 pm

Arae needs to learn how to better take care of herself physically by learning how to avoid attacks and fight from a distance when she has no other choice. She also wants to learn as much as she can about everything, so there's not too much she won't do. I'd also like to make her some friends, the good or the bad kind, doesn't matter. :)
Arae
What is to give light must endure burning.

Words: 6151
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 3:02 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Druvan on March 11th, 2012, 9:27 pm

These all seem fairly doable, I think.

Druvan's Dreams, Goals, and Ambitions:

-get established as a thief

-get involved with one of the Ravok families

-master morphing, or at least get started

-gain the attention of Akajia or Rhysol, get gnosis, night stalking would probably make sense as a thief.
Druvan
Player

Words: 4636
Joined roleplay: February 12th, 2012, 2:44 pm
Character sheet

Postby Rael Telano on March 12th, 2012, 3:23 am

JOIN THE VOICE

*rubs hands together and cackles*

And also figure out a way for Rael to make peace with his three pronged problem. Either that, or learn morphing.

But mostly it's join the voice
When Rael is male -- When Rael is female -- When Rael is genderless

When Rael speaks Common -- When Rael speaks Nader-canoch -- When Rael speaks Fratava
Rael Telano
Player

Words: 7886
Joined roleplay: February 19th, 2012, 2:59 pm
Character sheet

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 5th, 2013, 5:05 am

Well, it has been awhile, nearly two years OOC, since I posted in here. Way back when Clyde was a new pc.

I just thought I would post, and say what I have accomplished, and what is still to be done. And perhaps stir up interest in peoples dreams again. This was such a great idea when V made it, it is a shame it died. Though I have always kept it bookmarked.

My new comments/updates in yellow

Well, Clyde has quite a few things that he is currently working for, as he is a serious plotter, the first one being to regain his magic, which Ver is already working on right now. So thanks for that.

This has clearly been done, Clyde has back his magic. Thanks once more V for that!

So here I think I will just name some of Clydes more short to mid-term goals. For his long terms goals, click the link in his sig, for Clydes stuff, which includes his long term to do list. Very long term....

Yeah, some of those were really crazy, which I know realize, but I left it the same for posterity. To look back and see how much of a dreamer I was with Clyde when I first made him. And to see how much he has changed.

To do list(Short/Mid Term)
-Learn how to make magic staffs, (requires competent magecrafting, which I am close to reaching)

Done, learned that like a year ago! Whew!

-Get a decent magic staff, either make it, or attain it. (Not just a junk one, at least a decent one, maybe like MC-2 or 3.)

In the process of doing this, though it might take another season or two. But I finally got the wood that will be made into the staff. So close, yet not quite there. :(

-Become a Paladin for the Ebonstryfe. (Obviously requires for me to officially become a member of the Ebonstryfe first.)

Not here yet, but I am soon to be a soldier of the Stryfe. Assuming I don't die during the crucible...

-Become a valuable asset of the Ebonstryfe. (It is called job security! And also in this case, life security...)

This is sort of done... Meh, not really sure. Only time will tel, but I think I am a valued asset of the Stryfe.

-Master Reimancy and Glyphing. (Close to expert in both)

Mastered Reimancy, nearly maxed it now. And am only currently 6 pts away from mastering Glyphing. I should reach that if a few of my Glyphing intensive threads get graded.

-Gain the attention of Rhysol. (the good kind of attention, not the bad get killed kind.)

Possibly, I am uncertain on this one.

-Get some gnosis, possibly Chaon, also Azenth. (Would those conflict? Or could I have both at same time?)

If I pass the crucible, Clyde will get his first gnosis, for Chaon. I no longer think he will get Azenth, but we will see.

-Find some kind of way to make a steady income, probably using magic. (Might just be getting paid by Ebonstryfe, not sure.)

Sort of, also contingent upon passing crucible.

-Learn to fight! Working on Staff (Helpful if I get a magic staff, and he has a staff right now which he uses), slingshot (I have some crazy ideas which involves glyphing, reimancy, and exploding slingshot bullets to shoot from this! Also requires engraving for the plan.) and possibly some kind of hand to hand skill.

Have staff up to 13, not bad for a mage, brawling only at 4, and hammer at 7. Engraving at 8. I need to work on all those more.

-Destroy Syliras. (its a long story, but he has many good reasons to want this to happen.)

*quietly whistles*

-Find his own way of reaching chaos, in a orderly way. (A clock signifies order, but ten clocks ticking out of sync is chaos... Mwah ha ha ha ha!!!)

No clue on this... But I think Clyde is certainly more chaotic, and unexpected. Though in a predictable way sort of... So maybe he did do it.

-Work on his evil laugh, and find an opportunity to use it IC.(Mwah ha ha ha ha!!!)

This I did, I used it twice in a single thread, IC!

Hope this brings back memories for old pc's and people, and gives new players hope for the future for if you stick around.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous