[Location] The Northern Pass

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is Falyndar at its finest. Danger lurks everywhere - in the ground, in the trees, in the bush. Only the strongest survive...

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Cayenne on February 20th, 2010, 9:19 pm

The Northern Pass

To the south of mountainous Kalea rests the region of Falyndar. The mountains slope downwards into steep hills, and as travelers carefully pick their way down, they find that the few paths that exist all seem to converge into one as the lush jungle looms, daring and forbidding all at once. This is what the natives call the Northern Pass.

Many a decision has been made here. Here, where the beaten path seems to fade, and would-be explorers are faced with a choice. Do they proceed into the the humid depths, filled with the sounds of chittering insects, calling birds, and the roars of predators in the distance? Do they intrude on something that Caiyha seemed to have created to show nature in its purest, most wild form, overgrown and overwhelming? Do they walk the paths that many before have dared to tread, only to pay for their trespass with their lives? One can tell, from a glance, that here, travel will be slow and strenuous, as the moist heat pervades their bones, radiating from the trees beyond.

The paradox of the jungle is this: that amongst so much life, death awaits those who walk carelessly without a plan or guide. The territorial, hostile natives are always hungry for their next meal.
Cayenne
Jungle Queen

Words: 440090
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2009, 3:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
One Thousand Posts! (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Ororadaruma on July 20th, 2010, 11:55 pm

Fall 90, 510

Ororadaruma looked into the jungle he had been approaching for the past several days. He knew that he would die along the Northern Pass, but since he'd only recently recovered from a pair of broken arms (courtesy of a backfired Animation experiment) he'd lost most of his interest in the world. He just wanted to wander for a while, months or years he hadn't decided on yet. If he lived, that was fine. If he died, then that, too, would be a positive outcome. Or an outcome, at any rate. He no longer cared.
Ororadaruma
Player

Words: 8699
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2010, 6:09 pm
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet

Postby Ayanna on July 2nd, 2012, 5:20 pm

Timestamp: 19th of Spring 511AV

Ayanna looked at the rain forest and bit her lip. Her hand was on her lash and her bow was ready to be strung at any time. She looked over the rainforest and made herself a promise, just five days. She'd make it five days, not to far in. Just far enough that she could prove to herself, and everyone else that she could do this. That she was no child. She would go in this jungle and would come back out alive. She swore on that.

With a silent prayer to Viratas, her god, she began her descent into the perilous jungle. It might be a stupid trip, it might be her death. But at least she would die with her boots on, figuratively speaking, and doing what she loved. Traveling, exploring, getting that next adventure.

But perhaps something else would happen in this wild land. Perhaps it wasn't death that waited there for her, perhaps she would in fact get out alive.

Beauty's sister is vanity,
and in this world it is the only place to turn
when I am forever judged on my
appearance.

Okay guys sorry I've been off for awhile, real life has this way of sneaking up on you. I'm not going to elaborate on what's going on in my life cause that's my business but know that I've got a lot on my plate and I had to take a step back from Mizahar. I'll being posting sporadically and I'm sorry. I'll get on when can.
Ayanna
Player

Words: 46176
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2012, 3:06 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet