K'Sabe Nastra

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

K'Sabe Nastra

Postby K'Sabe on October 23rd, 2011, 11:53 am

K'Sabe Nastra

"It's my life,
It's now or never,
I ain't gonna live forever,
I just want to live while I'm alive."

Basic Information:

Race: Konti
Birthday & Age: 45 of Winter 477 AV, 34

Languages

Fluent: Kontinese
Basic: Common
Poor: Tukant

Physical Description:

Sabe is a slender woman with almost waist long light ash blonde hair that is silvery white in moonlight and more golden in sunlight, her hair is straight and is parted in the middle, in very humid air it gets a bit curly at her temples and her eyes are a deep sea green. Her scales cover the top of her hands and spread up a bit past her wrist, her ankles and calves are also patterned by scale spirals, her back and forehead are also covered in pearlescent very light bluish pink scales. She is tall for a Konti, about 5'10" and weighs around 145 Ibs, she is not overly curvy but she's no flat plank either. Sabe is a bit more tanned than normal for a Konti as she loves being in the sun. She wears a long sea green dress with wide sleeves that reaches below her hands and a belt resting over her hips, the colour of the dress accenting her otherwise pale colours.

Character Concept:

She is mostly calm, collected and dislikes pure fighting but Sabe also has a strong tendency to act more eager and argumentative than other Konti and is not afraid of confrontations though she'd prefer to avoid an actually fight. Sabe enjoys arguments but prefers them to be on a casual level and she is more likely found with other people even though she is wary of large crowds as she can sense the general atmosphere and if it is to negative she will leave. But it is against her nature to hide in a shell so she cannot cut herself off from others completely she is just a bit more careful of getting attached to others. Her favourite animals are dogs, especially the Imperial Watcher, horses and birds, Sabe has always loved trying to get a bird's trust, feeding it so it gradually gets used to her presence until it eats out of her hand. One day she hopes to gain a mark from Eywaat so she can start understanding and communicate with birds, her favourite bird are ravens. Other than Eywaat Sabe also worships Avalis, Laviku and Rak'keli

Character History:

K'Sabe was born on Mura and as most other Konti she never knew her father, only that he was from Sunberth originally. Sabe was sternly but lovingly raised by her mother, grandmother and three older sisters, being an outgoing argumentative child from the start, asking why for everything until someone told her sharply to stop for awhile that usually only kept her quite for half an hour or so. Sabe was one of the few Konti born with a gnosis mark from Rak'keli and she has all her life had a strong want to help people and animals alike, while she doesn't care much for criminals she would not be able to see a person suffer despite their actions.

Sabe doesn't remember the exact age that she realised her gift only that she was relatively young, being among a group of people really affected her mood more than usual. With her gnosis mark from Rak'keli she got more sensitive about atmospheres as she despite being fond of arguments she felt emotionally bad when it is serious and if she happened upon some negative atmosphere she'd always leave, luckily on Mura she was never forced to deal with much negative emotions. Sabe's oldest sister died in childbirth though and that dealt a lot of emotional stress on Sabe especially as her grandmother died three years earlier and the sadness that inhabited her home around those times really took it's toll on her psyche. After that she prefers to keep a distance to others but she is not the type to hide in a shell, she is too open and outgoing for that, but she does prefer to keep an emotional distance to others as it makes it easier for her.

For many years Sabe had also been around the Opal Temple a lot, both reading in the library and helped caring for the Ivaski being bred there, getting used to the daily care for a dog and also some basic knowledge of whelping and sickness. In her late twenties she also went to Syliras for two seasons to see how it was like outside Mura. It was when she was 31 that her mother gave her an Imperial Watcher puppy, barely 3 months old, that a merchant had with him to Mura, hoping the dog would help protect her daughter when she finally decided to leave Mura.

As she aged Sabe got more and more restless, she loved Mura and the people on it but she found that living her whole life here before seeing some new things would only suffocate her. Though her indecisiveness and love for her family kept her in Mura until her 34 year when she finally decided to leave the White Isle for someplace new. She wasn't sure she wanted to travel around as she feared what that might do to a horse if she bought one so instead she bought passage for herself and Eira on a trading ship heading for Riverfall where she hoped to get the experience she wanted, to wake up and not now what may happen that day.

Training (Skills, Arcana, Gnosis, Lore) :
Training (Skills, Arcana, Gnosis, Lore):

Fortune Telling: 10/100 (10 pts - rb)
Unarmed Combat: 10/100 (10 pts - sb)
Riding: 10/100 (10 pts - sp)
Animal Husbandry: 30/100 (26 pts - sp, +3 pts - exp, 1 pts - exp)
Painting: 15/100 (14 pts - sp, 1 pts - exp)
Observation: 6/100 (4 pts - exp, 2 pts - exp)
Birdkeeping: 2/100 (2 pts - exp)
Socialization: 4/100 (2 pts - exp, 4 pts - exp)
Pottery: 2/100 (2 pts - exp)
Swimming: 2/100 (2 pts - exp)
Meditation: 2/100 (2 pts exp)

Lore of religion - Rak'keli
Lore of local plants - Konti Isle
-
Loosing a Sister
Loosing a Grandmother
Experiencing Hope through birth
Day Ruined by Older Sister
Pottery: Basics of a pottery wheel
Pottery: Basic Methods
Svefra: Basic knowledge
Architecture: The South Tower

Gnosis: 1 mark from Rak'keli, a twisted swirling sigil in a shimmering bluish opal. It is placed on her chest, right below her collar bones.

Equipment and Possessions :
Equipment and Possessions:

Heirloom: An intelligent 3 year old Imperial Watcher named Eira, it was a gift from Sabe's mother.

1 Set of Clothing
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
* 1 Set of Toiletries (comb, brush, razor, soap)
* Food for a week
* 1 eating knife
* Flint & Steel

Clothes:

Leather shoes.
A sea green dress with long wide arms.
A dove grey cotton cloak with a hood.
-
Dark grey mittens.
Leather belt
Silver buckle

Possessions:

Book, leather
Vial, ink

Ledger :
ItemCostIncomeTotal
Starting Package100 gm100gm
Cashed in Lodging 500 gm 600 gm
Mittens 8 sm 599 gm 2 sm
Leather belt 2 sm 599 gm
Silver buckle 2 gm 597 gm
Book, leather 3 gm 594 gm
Vial, ink 1 gm 593 gm

Thread List :
Flashbacks

Date Thread Name Status
57 of Fall 487 AV A Ray of Light Through the Sorrow Finished & Graded
24 of Summer 489 AV A Clay-tastic Day Finished
84 of WInter 492 AV Bedtime Stories On-going
86 of Spring 504 AV Gaining a Friend On-going
46 of Fall 506 AV A Rough Start On-going

511 AV

Date Thread Name Status
46 of Fall 511 AV Slithering Dreams On-going
57 of Fall 511 AV Are you sure you want THIS job? On-going

Jon Bon Jovi - It's My Life

Last edited by K'Sabe on December 14th, 2011, 1:01 am, edited 11 times in total.

Language code:
Speaking in Kontinese.
Speaking in Common.
Speaking in Tukant.
Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.
K'Sabe
Player

Words: 52796
Joined roleplay: October 23rd, 2011, 12:55 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

K'Sabe Nastra

Postby K'Sabe on October 25th, 2011, 10:39 am

Eira

Sex: Female
Height: 35.5 in (90 cm)
Length: 6 feet (2 m)
Weight: 127 Ibs (58 kg)
Characteristics: Kind, intelligent, loyal, protective, playful.

An intelligent, 3 year old Imperial Watcher named Eira, it was a gift from Sabe's mother and by now the two have a deep bond, they communicate mostly with body lanuage but Sabe often speaks with Eira anyway. Eira has a harlequin colour with short, thick silky fur and dark brown eyes, her legs are long and slender but strong and her paws are round and large. Eira's head is long and rectangular in shape, her muzzle is deep, with a pronounced stop. All in all Eira has a well built, muscled body that moves with elegance and strength despite her large size.

Eira is well behaved, calm and extrememly loyal to Sabe but she get occasional throwbacks when she tends to behave like a pup again, playing tricks or bouncing around chasing shadows, a leaf or flecks of light. Against other people Eira is indifferent and calm, though if it is a friend of Sabe she'll get more friendly, but won't hesitate to protect Sabe if she feels the Konti is threatened, and her threats are backed up by sharp teeth and claws and a great strength in addition to her large body. Eira doesn't like being seperated from Sabe but if the Konti woman wants her to stay behind the Imperial Watcher will relucantly do so, and while she doesn't get seperation anxiety Eira tends to get sullen and irritated at those times until Sabe returns. This isn't very common as the only reason Sabe would leave Eira at home is if she needs to go someplace where dogs ar not appreciated.

(Eira is named after the Swedish/Norwegian version of the name, not the Welsh, as it is based on an old Norse goddess of healing and medicine as well as meaning "mercy".)
Last edited by K'Sabe on October 30th, 2011, 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Language code:
Speaking in Kontinese.
Speaking in Common.
Speaking in Tukant.
K'Sabe
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

K'Sabe Nastra

Postby K'Sabe on October 25th, 2011, 6:48 pm

Character Questions

General Information :
1. What is your Name? K'Sabe
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name? Sabe
3. How old are you? 34
4. What is your height? 5'10"
5. What is your weight? 145 Ibs

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself: I'm mostly positive and friendly and eager to learn.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you: Open and easy going but a bit reserved maybe.
3. What is your favourite body feature? My scales and eyes.
4. How physically fit are you? Not well trained but I have good stamina and strength despite my size.
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style? A simple dress will do, with long sleeves preferably, I also tend to decorate the outfit with a belt or something.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like? My mother, Kya'ni, is a very loving and caring person but also strict on the rules. I don't know my father, only that he is from Sunberth.
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters? I have 2 older sisters, Sa'nari and Ky'tara, my oldest sister L'Saiya, died when I was young.
3. What is your extended family like? My grandmother, N'yaka, died a year before my sister but we were very close. Other than that I have some cousins in Mura.
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family? As important as family.
5. Do you treat animals like family? Yes.

2. Where do you live now?In Riverfall.
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be? I'd return to Mura I think.
4. Do you have a favourite place to vacation or spend leisure time? I've only been in Riverfall yet but I really love it here.
5. Where do you fear to be? In Falyndar, and anywhere there is a lot of Dhani or real snakes, I'm really scared of snakes.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?) No, but my Konti Gift to sense atmospheres can be hindering when the emotions get too strong.
2. Are you right handed or left handed? I'm left handed.
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent? I speak Kontinese fluently and I know passable Common, my Tukant needs a lot of improvement though. I've been told my voice is light and a bit like water but without much dialect.
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? I crack my knuckles and fingers when I get nervous or bored.
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them)? It's not something I plan on for now, but I'd like one eventually I think.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation? I hope to get to work at the kennel at the Sanctuary.
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why? I know I'll love it.
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be? A master with animals and also an accomplished healer so I can help people and animals.
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why? I can't really choose, there are too many, but I really admire healers and teachers.
5. What occupation do you least like? Why? Contract killers and slavers, they make money on other peoples misfortune and lives.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you? I was not really the average Konti, I was very active and argumentative.
2. What is your favourite memory from childhood? When my grandmother took me to see the Crystal Cavern for the first time, I can still remember the feeling as I first laid eyes on the shimmering cavern.
3. What is your worst memory from childhood? When my grandmother died and then my oldest sister a year later.
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents?Very good, my mother and I get along perfectly.
5. Who was your most influential role model? My grandmother.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have? I'm taught by my family and by other Konti.
2. Do you like/dislike learning? I love learning new things, but I refuse to learn things specific for killing either man or animal.
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities? From the Konti women in Mura.
4. How do you learn best? By repetition and reading.
5. What are your educational goals for the future? I plan on learning as much as I can by working and maybe take some classes in Riverfall.

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not? Yes, relatively. Do I tend to be reluctant with large crowds as the larger atmosphere can be overwhelming.
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not? Yes, maybe to easily.
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?Straight.
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time. No, I have grown up on an island with only women so Riverfall will be a new experience for me.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time: No.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time. Thankfully not.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis? Kind off, I like whine but can't really say I care for the taste of other alcoholic drinks.
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer? Whine
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them? No.
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific: I think alcohol can be good unless you drink so much you get drunk. But I do not think drugs are justified at all.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies? Animals, riding, reading, learning.
2. Do you like to read? Yes, very much.
3. What annoys you more than anything else? When people are unthankful or act snobbish, even if they are rich to me that is no excuse and just plain irritating.
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do? To just take a walk with Eira or to be underwater.
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why? Not much, I'm not easily embarrassed, though to fail at something in front of many people is embarrassing .

Favourites :
1. What is your favourite colour or colours? Sea green and white.
2. What is your favourite time of day? As long as the sun is up.
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen? The Crystal Cavern.
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat? I'm not picky and eat almost everything, but I like seafood though I'm not so fond of peas or mushrooms.
5. What is your favourite type of weather? A warm summer day with a clear blue sky and a gentle breeze.

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic? Optimistic.
2. What are your religious views? I honour Rak'keli, Avalis, Laviku and Eywaat.
3. Would you be able to kill? No.
4. What are your views on sex? It is not only a reproductive act but a sign of love between two people.
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life? Loyalty, family and friends.

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done? Leaving Mura is a bit of both, but mostly the best.
2. What is your greatest regret? I can't think of any at the moment.
3. What is your best/worst memory? Some of my best include when I recieved Eira, when I saw Crystal Cavern for the first time and when I dived underwater for the first time. The worst is when my grandmother and sister died only a year apart.
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why? To have my sister and grandmother alive.
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life? Helping others.

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others? I prefer to be as honest as possible.
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices? No, I want to judge people equally.
3. What makes you happy? Many things, the sun, Eira, my family and friends.
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for? My family and friends, that includes Eira. Also if an innocent person was threatened I'd do what I could to help but I am a pacifist.
5. What makes you angry? People who kill for fun or money, people who mistreats animals.

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others? I treat them as I'd like to be treated in return, even if a person has committed crimes I want to help them so I treat everyone with kindness.
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why? I can't pick one over another.
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why? Again it's hard to choose just one person.
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover: No. A man that is loyal, kind and someone that doesn't go just by appearances, and he has to like dogs because I'm not giving up Eira.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why. Yeah, if I know that person well enough.

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict? I avoid conflicts but I like friendly arguments.
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations? A bit of both, but I tend to be good at taking orders and bad at ordering people around.
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not? Yes, even if my gift make it hard sometimes.
4. Do you care what others think of you? A bit but not too much.
5. What do you think of others, in general? It's great with so much people, there is always someone new around to meet.

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person? My want to help anyone.
2. What is your greatest weakness? I will have no problem helping a person that could attack me so I guess that can be a weakness. Also can be too trusting.
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? My gift could be something more happy.
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted? Extroverted.
5. Are you generally organized or messy? Organized mostly but not always.

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any? Rak'keli, Avalis, Laviku.
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any? Dira, Uldr and Rhysol.
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them? Yes I have one mark from Rak'keli, I had it when I was born.
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity? Pretty far but no violence or killing
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much? No one of the god/goddess I worship are violent so that is not an issue.

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for? Family, friends, my work and new experiences.
2. What is the best part of life? That I am alive to experience the world and all the people and animals on it.
3. What is the best part of death? To get rest after a long life lived to the fullest.
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die? Safely at home.
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death? My work with healing and animals.

Language code:
Speaking in Kontinese.
Speaking in Common.
Speaking in Tukant.
K'Sabe
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets