Gaining a friend [Avina]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

Gaining a friend [Avina]

Postby K'Sabe on November 16th, 2011, 10:53 pm

86 of Spring 504 AV

Bright sun rays seeped through the thick curtains hanging over Mura making the city shine ever brighter as much of it was still a shade of grey contrasting against the sun struck parts. The light drizzle that had been going on the entire night and morning, the sort of drizzle that always finds it way to your very core and chills you inside out, was finally over, only a few renegade drops fell silently to the wet ground. Sabe sat inside staring out through the colourful window at the rain drops making their way across the window, parting and reuniting in an oddly fascinating pattern.

Twirling strands of long ashen hair with pale fingers Sabe tried to see how much sun had come out but it was not the easiest when the window was a beautiful mosaic of colours. She wanted it to be sunny if she were to have any interest in leaving home today, her sisters were at work and her mother was away shopping while Toscaya was at her lectures at the Opal Temple so there was no one around to talk to. Deciding the amount of sun had to suffice Sabe went outside, taking deep breaths of the fresh air, wet earth and flowers wafted through the streets and all colours seemed enhanced as the sun slowly dried away the rain. This was the best about rain, when it stopped the world became so much more stunning.

Treading the streets of Mura with a light skip in her steps, more likely to be found on someone younger than her really, Sabe took pleasure in the returning sun, how its warmth spread over her skin, glittering in her scales. Of all the Konti she met Sabe found none that seemed to have time for her though, they greeted her politely and smiled but went back to their business and errands. Scanning the streets with sea green eyes Sabe wondered how everyone could be busy on such a lovely day, the birds flying by overhead knew how to live and take notice of this beautiful day so why could not anyone she met be free today.
Last edited by K'Sabe on November 19th, 2011, 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Language code:
Speaking in Kontinese.
Speaking in Common.
Speaking in Tukant.
Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.
K'Sabe
Player

Words: 52796
Joined roleplay: October 23rd, 2011, 12:55 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Gaining a friend [Avina]

Postby Avina on November 17th, 2011, 1:21 am

Avina sat underneath a tree, eyes closed and smiling as the raindrops fell through the leaves and splashed onto her skin. Other Konti gave her odd looks, but were they not blessed by the water? The scales on their skin said yes.

The feeling was cool and soothing, and even more special to her, since her gift was attunement to the natural world around her. Everything she touched felt threefold, everything she heard, an orchestra in nature. The smells more powerful, the sight more beautiful.

When the droplets stopped falling, and the rain dried up, she brushed a fallen lock of hair away from her face and drew out her deck of tarot cards. Curling and brown in the corners, it had once been her grandmother's. Now, it was her most prized possession. She shuffled the cards, relishing the feeling in her hands, then flipped over the one on the top of the deck.

The Three of Cups. Friendship. She smiled knowingly - a new friend would be made today. A konti no less. She could think of nothing better. Someone to talk to was a compelling ideal against the backdrop of her mother. Arguments were raging in her life, and she wasn't quite sure what to do about them. For once, the tarot cards hadn't given her an answer in the matter.
Language Key: Kontinese, Common
Avina
Essence of the Season

Words: 16683
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2011, 7:31 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Gaining a friend [Avina]

Postby K'Sabe on November 18th, 2011, 1:19 am

Despite her lack of results of finding someone who didn't seem to be working Sabe relished in the warmth of the sun, even though some clouds still blew across the blue sky, it was maybe a bit odd for her to dislike rain when she loved being underwater. It was as odd as being scared of snakes when Sabe's prime goddess Rak'keli had two winged snakes of her own. Sabe never cared much about being odd either way, it was more fun behaving like you wished as long as it didn't hurt anyone else.

Continuing her way through the streets, with the occasional skip in her step Sabe took some time looking at the trees growing along the streets, their vibrant colour contrasting against the stone in which the houses were built off. Under one such tree a white figure caught her eye. A Konti was sitting on the ground with something in her hands, when Sabe saw her flip a card she knew it was a deck of tarot cards, after all, that was the most likely assumption when a Konti held a deck of cards.

Seeing that the girl seemed unoccupied Sabe smiled and headed her way, glad to meet someone new and one with a good atmosphere as well. "Hello," Sabe smiled, green eyes as bright as the sea close to the shore. "I'm K'Sabe, but just Sabe is fine. Are you a fortune teller?" She asked with a glance at the other Konti's worn deck of cards.
Last edited by K'Sabe on November 19th, 2011, 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Language code:
Speaking in Kontinese.
Speaking in Common.
Speaking in Tukant.
K'Sabe
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Gaining a friend [Avina]

Postby Avina on November 18th, 2011, 1:01 pm

Avina looked up from her cards, into glistening sunshine, and another Konti smiling down at her. Avina smiled back - a tumbling feeling at her heart telling her this was the friend the cards referred to.

"Hello Sabe," she said carefully, motioning for the girl to sit down on the grass. "I'm not really a fortune teller... I mean, I don't do this for a living, but I use the cards. They were my grandmother's you see."

A snow white dove shot out from the tree, flapping its wings and rushing out into the brightening sky. She felt a tingle run down her spine at the motion.

"So what are your plans for today fellow Konti?" she asked. It was a glorious day in Mura - and come rain or shine Avina would feel content being so close to nature. Yet when she went home... when she faced her mother... that was a different story entirely.
Avina
Essence of the Season

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Gaining a friend [Avina]

Postby K'Sabe on November 19th, 2011, 11:00 pm

Sabe sat down beside the other Konti, "Oh, okay. But it's amazing anyway, I wouldn't be able to tell my fortune if my life depended on it," she chukled, her own powers lay in healing and despite some rudimentary knowledge of fortune telling Sabe could never really grasp the technique. Not that she spent all her time training healing, though she knew it was time to spend some time with healing and some prayers to Rak'keli. Soon. With it being her normal answer to anything having with the future to do it was not a guarantee she would do it very soon.

"I have none so far, I'm just enjoying the sun. My mother would probably get another attack if she knew I was slacking as she calls it." Sabe said, raising her hand to brush away a water droplet from her eyebrow. When the water came in solitary drops from a tree Sabe had nothing against it but rain wet your clothes, causing you to change, and it hid the sun.

"By the way, what's your name?" She asked looking at the girl, Sabe couldn't remember seeing her and also she guessed the other Konti to be younger than herself.
OOCI'm sorry if I'm falling behind too much, I got Skyward Sword yesterday and I'm playing way too much, but who needs sleepXD

Language code:
Speaking in Kontinese.
Speaking in Common.
Speaking in Tukant.
K'Sabe
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Gaining a friend [Avina]

Postby Avina on November 20th, 2011, 6:02 pm

"Mothers..." Avina said softly, "they can be a nightmare, can't they?"

She laughed, as Sabe sat down on the grass besides her. This was her friend, she knew it. A warmth emenated from the Konti, a glow of welcomeness and integrity.

"I'm Avina. It's nice to meet you." The Konti looked a little older than her, but only a little. It was always hard to tell, the Konti aged much slower than others in Mizahar, and seeing visitors in the city was sometimes a peculiar experience.

Her hand reached for her tarot cards, shuffling the Three of Cups back into the deck. She could hear her Granny's voice, knowing, and sometimes even a little sarcastic. These cards had been a part of her.

"Perhaps you'd like some cards?" she asked of the other Konti.

OOCNo worries, and no rush! Post when you can post... plus Skyward Sword looks awesome haha!
Avina
Essence of the Season

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Gaining a friend [Avina]

Postby K'Sabe on December 1st, 2011, 7:22 pm

"So true, Sabe agreed. "I mean, I love my family and all but they are so serious and traditional. The only one in her family that were more like Sabe was Toscaya, her young cousin was a ball of energy sometimes but strangely enough she felt right at home with the otherwise calm and poised Konti.

Taking a moment to take in the day, the warm sun, the occasional breeze and the sounds of the people moving around in Mura. This time in her life, despite not feeling entirely at home all the time, she couldn't really see herself leave this island any time soon, if at all. But as she aged things would change.

As Avina spoke again Sabe looked at the worn deck of cards in Avina's hands Sabe smiled "Sure, that would be interesting." Last time someone had used fortune telling on her was many years ago now, by one of her sisters she believed, it was not something Sabe had cared to remember as a kid, now though the aspects of fortune telling and Avali's gift seemed to hold more interest to her than before.

OOCSorry again, but now I'm gonna be more active. And Skyward Sword is awesome:)

Language code:
Speaking in Kontinese.
Speaking in Common.
Speaking in Tukant.
K'Sabe
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Gaining a friend [Avina]

Postby Avina on December 2nd, 2011, 3:33 pm

"I like people to touch the deck first, just so they connect to it on some level."

Smiling, she held out the cards for Sabe to make contact with. The cards had to know the person. They worked through intuition, but when you imbued them with a little of a person's energy, they were all the more powerful.

"Right... I'm going to do a pathway spread. I can look at your past, present and future. Let's mix it up a bit and look at your future."

She felt a little flutter in her heart as she shuffled the cards. She always did. Her grandmother had done readings for friends and family, always confident in her answers. In a way, Avina was still learning, but in another, you never stopped learning with the tarot.

She drew the card, and flipped it over slowly and deliberately. The Fool.

"The card of new journey's..."
Avina
Essence of the Season

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Gaining a friend [Avina]

Postby K'Sabe on December 7th, 2011, 12:21 am

Nodding slightly and stretching out her hand Sabe placed it on the cards, an excited tingling settled in her stomach as she removed it, waiting for Avina to speak. Future. It was always an alluring concept, it hid secrets normally not possible to learn only guessed, except for those blessed with Avalis mark. To them the future could be read and interpreted.

"The card of new journey's..." Avina said as she flipped over a card, Sabe wasn't sure what card it was though, her skills in card reading was apparently very rusty.

But that sounded interesting. Would she actually get to travel, or rather take the chance to leave. "Really?" Sabe said excitedly, a wide smile spreading on her face. "That sounds great! And a bit scary maybe," Sabe added as an afterthought over the thought of leaving the safety of Mura and meet the dangers of Mizahar.

Language code:
Speaking in Kontinese.
Speaking in Common.
Speaking in Tukant.
K'Sabe
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Gaining a friend [Avina]

Postby Avina on December 8th, 2011, 5:19 pm

She smiled at Sabe's wonder. The cards always gave her an answer, but other's weren't so sure. She enjoyed trying to persuade people she was right - but sometimes people refused to open their minds to the possibility.

"The Fool is exciting... just starting out on a new journey. Were you planning on leaving Mura? Sometimes the cards can show subconscious thoughts you've been keeping even from yourself."

She brushed away a lock of snow white hair that had fallen in front of her eyes. If only the cards would give her the answers she truly wanted. They had something to say about everyone else's problems... but when she asked them of her father, there was nothing. It was like a void, and whichever cards came from the deck, she could not read, nor understand them. They were keeping it from her, she was sure of it.

She sniffed at the air. It was fresh, the rain that had just fallen whispered soothingly, and the ground laughed in response. Nature was a great song, but sometimes it was unbearable. She thought back to her childhood, watching out of the windows, and hearing the sky scream as a storm broke over Mura. Back then, it had scared her.

"It's the first card in the deck. Positive, I'm sure."
Avina
Essence of the Season

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Next