[Ishkaral's Home] New day, new techniques (Ishkaral)

[Flashback] Eri returns to his old friend's dojo to further his lessons.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

[Ishkaral's Home] New day, new techniques (Ishkaral)

Postby Eridanus on October 28th, 2011, 8:43 am

Day 63, Spring of 510 AV
30 Chimes after the 9th Bell
Ishkaral's Home / Training Facility

Eridanus grunted, feeling the strain on his thigh as he stretched on the ground, determined to increase his flexibility so that his evasion and martial options would be increased. It was common sense that the larger the angle one's legs can stretch comfortably, the higher one can kick. And the head tended to be pretty high up. Unless one happened to be fighting a midget, which by observation tended to be pretty rare. He had returned to Ishkaral's home the next day, as promised, and was pretty much hyped about learning more about this martial arts.

Sanctus Peccator, he believed it was called. He wasn't too sure though, he wasn't very good at memorizing things in other languages, and while he was pretty sure that it was a name in the Akalak language, he was not familiar with the language at all. Maybe he should ask his friend to translate it to Common for him. As for now he largely remembered it as the unarmed technique that floored his ass, which was not at all a particularly flattering way of remembering it, especially not to his sense of self-pride.

Ishkaral had told him to prepare his body in an open area in his dojo, and left the area for his tools. Honestly, he was not too sure what 'tools' the teaching of unarmed combat would need, unless he meant the padded safety gear. It was great, though, that his friend was concerned about safety, for the Vantha learnt his abilities in the past the hard way. The hard way being learning and doing things that didn't get you killed. Or if you had the luck of not being killed the first time, not repeating it ever. At least not in the same set of circumstances.

He jumped a few times, feeling his heart speed up its pumping, bringing a flush to his pale tone. He was excited and hoped that his learning capabilities would not be poor enough to upset his friend.
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)