[Location] The Pig's Foot Tavern

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Location] The Pig's Foot Tavern

Postby Leviathan on July 11th, 2011, 10:44 pm

The Pig's Foot

Image The Pig's Foot Tavern is, without a doubt, one of the popular taverns in Sunberth. Located in the heart of the Market District, the tired and the thirsty have two choices when it comes to getting their drink on. Stop at the Pig's Foot, which was right in the middle of the city, or walk a few miles to find another, less safe joint to booze up and brawl in. The Pig's Foot Tavern is so popular not because of some secret addition to the ale or some excellent meal served, but on the contrary, it's all about location.

Owned and Run by a man known as Merv, the Pig's Foot is the oldest standing tavern in the area, though does not offer rooms to stay in once you pass out. The place may be cheap and safe during the day, but at night, when the numbers die down, shadier figures tend to come out of hiding and make their presences known. A wrong step in this place could result with you face down in the alley behind the bar, beaten and broken. Muggings outside of the tavern are common. Thefts inside the tavern aren't unheard of. Any brawling of customers is cheered for and egged on, but under no circumstances will Merv allow his precious tavern to be destroyed or damaged.

NPCs

Merv

Image Merv is a simple man who only wants to live a simple life. Having long outlived his brother who co-owned the Pig's Foot for years, and now his wife departing from the living, Merv is alone in his business, and it's all that's truly left of him. He loves the Pig's Foot as if it was his only child, because he has no children of his own it might really be cherished as one. Besides the easy observations that Merv is as old as dirt and had personally seen the rise and fall of various gangsters attempting to take over Sunberth. He plays their games, he pays his fines. He has learned long ago how dangerous it was to fight against the extortion, and it wasn't something you could fight for long.

Merv is a man that seems to hate people, when actually he only truly hates foreigners, especially when they try to suggest any sort of modifications to his tavern. For decades the place had been up and running just fine, and suggesting otherwise would show you a swift forceful exit. Oh, and the patrons always side with Merv, no matter what the decision.

Skills - Brawling 64, Brewing 40, Unarmed Combat 52, Observation 46
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook