[Windward Boardwalk] I Was Born To Fly Dammit! (Hadrian)

Ethan and Hadrian have a very special day. Filled with Reimancy, nature and a cheap bottle of wine.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Ethan on November 2nd, 2011, 11:13 am

78th Day of Fall, 511 A.V.
Thirteenth Chime, Windward Boardwalk

Ethan originally had the idea of Res practice. followed by a bottle of wine and a long walk back to the hold. Where he would (with a few cups knocked back) talk about the groups many adventures on the Karbin road and Ravok. Perhaps even charm a Vantha girl out of her clothes. Ethan had become infatuated with Morwen's children and their unruly optimism. And the way they squirmed when he nibbled their ear.

But he was stuck on the practice part of the day's schedule. And nearly forgot about the wine he bought. Ethan was getting frustrated at his limited ability with Reimancy. After so long, he expected more results. ”I was born to bloody fly! That should count for something.” He said, struggling to hold up a clump of snow with the wind his harnessed created. His first thought was to reverse the cyclone he created in Ravok and essentially throw something at a target. Apparently things didn't work that way and he managed to get both of them covered in snow and grit.

He was holding it so far. The clod of snow was a couple feet off the ground. With a golden gaseous Res cloud underneath. Keeping it afloat. When it started to lean on one side. He tried correcting it. But he was a bit too overzealous. Sending the snow clump spinning to the ground. With a wet squish.

”apparently not...” The Kelvic said. Even though mad, he couldn't help but snort with laughter. ”Even the snow isn't confident of my ability.” He walked over and sat on the bench next to Hadrian. ”Copper for your thoughts? Aeromancy is turning out to be a lot harder than I expected. Not nearly as simple as fire.”
Last edited by Ethan on November 23rd, 2011, 8:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ethan
"If you need help, look up"

Words: 286041
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2011, 9:13 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hadrian on November 3rd, 2011, 7:24 am

Hadrian could observe Ethan's work with his eyes closed now, so finely tuned was his Auristic sense. He no longer had to piggyback that Sense over his mundane sight or one of the others; he truly had a sixth sense. Still, in explaining what he sensed, he often had to describe it to the others in terms of senses they had themselves.

"You might be like me," he said, trying to smooth ruffled feathers. "Water was my first, and when you first saw me working water by that pool outside Syliras, I had been working with Water for years. It's slow going at first. But I claimed Earth on the road to Ravok, and Air soon after. You hit a point where it all starts coming much easier. Just remember how slow the Auristics comes, too. These are not easy disciplines, and they call them disciplines because they require it. Lots of practice and dedication. But think of the benefit... Eventually you will be more maneuverable than any bird in the air, because you will be able to control the air as well."

He smiled.

"A lot of what I learned over those years was to be clever and insightful in how I use what I have. Now you're trying to move snow, which is water." He gestured and res rushed to his call, flinging out above the snow and hanging there, turning and coalescing into something more self-contained. "Water responds to water," he said as chunks of snow rose to bury themselves in the growing sphere of res.

He flung out his other hand and another jet of res appeared, this one glowing a slightly different hue. As it circled in on itself, the air around it began to whirl.

"Air responds to air." He lowered his own little tornado to the snow, which whisked up into the air, but only flew out rather than rising up to join the whirling air. "You have to be realistic about what you can accomplish with what you have. Wind can certainly send snow flying, but making it hover is finer, more detailed work. It's not a matter of power. You have the power. It's a matter of control, and that only comes with... discipline."

He wondered if he should teach with the aid of hypnotism. It would help if Ethan stayed calm.
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Ethan on November 9th, 2011, 9:42 am

Hadrian's words where, as always, helpful. And Ethan's frustration soon turned to curiosity and deep thought. He leaned forward on his elbows and gazed at the snow. It was true, Hadrian had been practicing for years. To hope to acquire his skill or a fraction of it so soon, would be ridiculous. The Kelvic was determined. And had few things in his life he valued more than the control of his spirit, but even he couldn't achieve mastery this soon.

But, there was always a silver lining. Failure never stopped you, lack of ingenuity did. His teacher had a fantastic point. Ethan must learn to value and tinker with what he already had. The small cyclone was a perfect example of that! With a little Res molding and thought. He could figure out plenty of techniques that didn't require much skill. In fact he had one up his sleeves already. Or at least the making of one.

Hadri... He stopped, noticing the swirling orb of clumped snow and gaseous Res. A smile crept upon his lips. Sometimes he could get so absent minded when thinking. ”Hadrian. Your right, I shouldn't get myself down about this. One day I will be great, I leave myself little room not to be. Things take time. Although I have little of that...” His smile had a tinge of sadness. Animals live only so long... When Hadrian and Kendall where old, pink and wrinkled. Ethan would of died twice over. ”Such a sad thought. But then again, I wouldn't want to live after my cock grows soft. Life isn't half as pleasant without a girl to warm your sheets.” He patted his friend on the back, chuckling ”But my mind wanders. I want to test something on you. One of my little inventions! If it works it could have great uses.” He said getting up.

”What do you say. Be my test subject? First get a little of that wine.” He pointed firmly with a gloved finger. They hadn't been in Avanthal long, but he was already starting to forget how it felt, not to wear them. ”I bought it so we can have a little fun. Res and Wine must go well together. Save some for Kendall though, I don't want to exclude her.” He said with a grin. To others it must be fascinating just how quickly Ethan could go from bad to worse to good again. Some would call it a resilient spirit but those that knew him best might see it as part of that ever lingering mask of happiness, will and charm. A mask that never seems to come off. Even around himself.
Ethan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hadrian on November 13th, 2011, 10:34 pm

Hadrian caught the sad thought and was going to say that lammergeiers often lived to forty years, and given good care and feeding, Ethan might live longer yet. Also, there was the fact that he was friends with an up and coming magus who had ideas about extending lifespan magically that might end up helping his feathered apprentice. But it was best to wait until he could make good on such promises, rather than promising that he would work on it. If he failed, Ethan would die with disappointment in his eyes, and Hadrian was not ready to handle that eventuality.

"That can be dangerous," he warned. "If your res goes into the body of another, they are at your mercy. You could push it into their lungs and then inflate them such that they would die of asphyxiation. Why, I did the same to a rogue illusionist who was trying to kill me on a ship headed for Alvadas, only I threatened to drown him with water. Once he was unconscious, I pulled it out of him, got him breathing again, and remanded him to justice.

"You could drink res, but I would not suggest mixing it with wine, which will dull your control. You could accidentally turn the air solid within a person. It's too dangerous for a game."

His words were sharp, but it was only to prevent Ethan from hurting himself or others unintentionally. He put a hand on the Kelvic's shoulder, a show of physical affection that was rare with Hadrian.

"Why don't we drink that wine and then we can play around with the empty bottle."
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Ethan on November 23rd, 2011, 9:25 am

At first, he thought Hadrain was reading his thoughts. Asphyxiation was exactly what he had in mind. It was when he told Ethan not to drink Res. That he busted up. ”You and Kendall are so alike. Only he told me not to eat ashes the first time we met. It was even cuter because he didn't know I was a Kelvic. Not just some silly bird..” Ethan looked at Hadrian's hand and smiled. He couldn't remember the last time his teacher showed affection. It was sweet, but what he really wanted was them breathing heavy under furs. ”Your sweet to be worried, teacher. But I meant drink the wine, then play with Res. Not have them in the same cup. I think I'd need a little more practice for that.” He giggled. ”What I had in mind was battle oriented. And your guess was right, to a certain extent. But instead of sending my Res into the test subject. I would be Covering my hand with it. Drawing air away from his mouth. So they would suffocate. Here I'll show you. I won't pull out my Res yet though.” He held a hand out. Hoping the Mage would cooperate.

If Hadrian decided to be a good boy. Ethan would get behind him and gently place him in a loose head lock. With one hand near the mouth. ”When you get someone in a head lock. It is easy for them to bite your fingers or scream for help. To fix that. I was planning on drawing the air from their lungs. To suffocate them. It would be a clean way to end someone, without the nasty bruising around the mouth. --You smell nice by the way.” He was holding his teacher tightly and couldn't help but get a whiff of his skin. The compliment was given without missing a beat. ”What do you think? Could it work? Would it collapse the lungs if I drew too hard or only stop them from breathing? Do you know that much about anatomy? If so we should study a cadaver for full effect. If I new more about the body I could become that much better with Reimancy and Auristics. I could hunt another bird if that'd be easier.” Embarrassed, he let Hadrian go. Realizing he was babbling. Too busy enjoying the others body heat to notice. Kendall will stumble one day. Much as I love him. I will not hesitate.
Ethan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hadrian on November 25th, 2011, 7:12 am

"Oh," Hadrian replied, still glad he had shared that bit of wisdom, no matter how lightly Ethan took it. But Ethan was already moving in to show him what he meant, though his teacher could surely envision it without the demonstration. All the same, the Kelvic learned differently and Hadrian was a skilled teacher, allowing him to take charge of his own education where possible.

Ethan was very nearly as tall as Hadrian, which was rare among humans, and so they fit together just fine. It was cold despite his winterbane coat, and so the embrace of mock attack was a comfort as well.

"It would be an effective means of killing, especially when stealth is of great import," he said, hands grabbing Ethan's wrists before he could pull away. "Here." He put Ethan's hands back where they had been, one wrapped around his slender belly, the other against his pale cheek, ready to yank the very air out of his lungs. "It could also incapacitate a person. Suck the air out and they will have to recover their breath. Suck it out and keep it out, and they're doomed. But just give me a moment..."

Turning his attention inward, he held Ethan's arms around him. For several minutes, Ethan was left awkwardly holding his teacher as Hadrian carefully wove a spherical Shield within each lung around a ball of res, encasing a good deal of air where aeromancy could not steal it. This was a delicate working, manifesting these energies within him, but he was careful and slow going about it, methodically doing all he could to keep himself safe. When he opened his eyes again, it was difficult to breathe with his self-limited lung capacity.

"Try it," he said, "panting. Sometimes you just have to try it. I'll survive. I promise."
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Ethan on December 4th, 2011, 10:09 am

There was nothing awkward about holding Hadrian. He was a few inches taller than Ethan, but the Kelvic was built much larger. It was a nice sensation to hold someone, even in mock attact. although Ethan was less interested in boys than girls. Given their lack of offspring. He had certain feelings for Hadrian. He was sweet to the Kelvic. Treated him with respect and dignity. Took him in as a student, even though Ethan was completely uneducated. And was the only person in the world. Close to becoming Ethan's master. If Kendall wasn't in the picture, he would be the one pleasuring Hadrian at night. He often contemplated who would be on top...

Ethan felt his member stiffening and blushed. Thanking the gods for thick winter clothing.

He quieted his mind and his member. By trying to figure out what Hadrian was doing. Whatever it was, it took a lot of concentration. He could feel the Mage's body tense with the effort. When Hadrian finally gave the go ahead for Ethan to try his little experiment. The Kelvic paused. "Are you sure? I mean... Gah, alright." It was redundant to question his teacher. Hadrian was the most talented and cautious person he knew. If he thought it was fine, it probably was.

Letting out a slow stream of Res from his palm. He encased his hand closest to Hadrian's mouth. Leaning over the Mage to keep a close eye on exactly where the bright golden substance was going. After a moment of consideration, he decided on a gel form for his Res. It would hold together easier and prevent any soul mist from going into his friend's body.

"Alright, lets do this nice and slow. Grip my arm when you want me to stop." He spread a gooey film of Res on his hand and started pulling the air from Hadrian's lungs. He took it slow at first. Then gradually increased the suction. Mindful of the slightest pull from his teacher. The last thing he needed was to accidentally collapse a lung accidentally end his shorten his studies.
Ethan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hadrian on December 5th, 2011, 7:02 am

Hadrian concentrated on his inner workings while Ethan's cantrips sucked the breath out of his lungs. When there was no more air to give, he felt his lungs contracting on the Shielded reservoirs of air he had created. Ethan's working faltered, and Hadrian turned around in his embrace, mouth parted, no air going in or out. Silently he counted to fifteen, his eyes calm, his mouth shutting. Then he released the Shields, transmuted the res into pure air, and had half a breath without breathing. He smiled, wondering if Ethan was engaging his Auristics to watch, or whether he would sense the inner workings. Once initiated in any discipline, the magus tended to grow more attuned to any magic being worked, whether they could identify it or not.

He waited for a flicker of worry from his student, his friend, and then he started breathing again. After normalizing his breath, he grinned.

"Your ploy worked, and my counter worked too. Of course, I'd have to be much more skilled to make it work quickly. I Shielded some air in my lungs so you couldn't collapse them, and then I had unused air saved. Remember that, Ethan. You can use your aeromancy to help you fly, but you can also use it to help you breath if you are ever in a situation where you're running out of air..."

He was the sort of person who thought up contingency plans for weird situations that would likely never happen, but then again, if he went underground seeking magical ruins, that might very well help him in the event of a cave-in, while he utilized his geomancy to work his way out. And truly, his Shields needed work. Their integrity and consistency were abysmal.

"Excellent work!"
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Ethan on December 12th, 2011, 7:48 am

The air had been gently pulling out of Hadrian's mouth for some time now. Yet he didn't motion for him to stop? He allowed it to continue for a bit longer. Not wanting to question his teachers judgment. Then let go of his Res when there couldn't possibly be any more air in his lungs. The gel dissolved and retracted into his palm. And Hadrian turned around to let him watch. He didn't have to explain what was happening. The Mage was working some kind of magic. Was he continuously creating res then shifting it into air in his lungs? Or had he shielded his lungs and created air in his mouth to trick the Kelvic?

Placing a hand on Hadrian's side. He opened up his Auristics and got a feel of the man's innards. The world darkened, leaving a vague image of his soul. The pulsation of his rapid heart beat lapped against the Kelvic's hand. Through those heartbeats he could feel the outline of Hadrian's various organs. On short notice he couldn't tune his magic well enough to get a detailed look. But he definitely felt shielding. It was one of Hadrian's newer disciplines. One of the few things he wasn't an expert in.

"You are so delicious on the inside." Ethan teased. It was always a pleasure to feel his friends. Get to know them a little better. Taste their soul, so to speak. Perhaps he felt that way because he was an animal but it made no difference. He still loved doing it.

Hadrian released his shields and transformed the res to air. Ethan felt the whole thing. It was amazing to see him work. No matter how many possibilities Ethan thought up. Hadrian always seemed to surprise him. His lust had turned into adoration. As it often did.

"I will remember that teacher." He separated from Hadrian with a polite smile. Adoration or not, he was still horny. And it didn't feel right to have things rubbing against his teacher willy nilly. "I thought you would choose a different route. As always, you more than fill your role as a teacher. Do you think that technique could work for other situations? Lets say shoving a serpent or res down a man's throat. Then transmute only an outside layer of the cord. Then tear his internal organs from the inside out? He used his hands to better communicate the idea. "Is there enough strength behind your Res to do something like that? And I have another idea. If you're willing to give me some more pointers. But it requires me to change so i would rather practice later at our rooms."
Ethan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hadrian on December 15th, 2011, 5:24 am

"Ha," he said, not sure what a carnivore meant by delicious innards, but assuming it was complimentary. Hadrian smiled, always quickened by magical experimentation and learning. He would definitely have to consider the possibilities of aeromancy while he still had his student with him and so enthusiastic. Though Air was new to him, he had two elements' worth of practice upon which to draw, so his control and power still exceeded Ethan's. Still, if the lammergeier learned how to play discreetly with it while flying, he would master its energies quickly, he imagined.

Noticing the flickers of lust sharpening and shining with a purer energy was the first he really noticed the lust at all in his young friend. He wasn't sure how to deal with that. Often he forgot about it because it was never spoken and his mine jumped agilely to new topics, but perhaps someday they would have to address it. Ethan probably needed a mate, but if they weren't bonded, he didn't really think it was his place to make that sort of decision for him.

But Ethan was talking about new ways to use their power, and so his attention was drawn there.

"With Air, I think the damage would be done by building up pressure within the lungs. They are relatively delicate despite how strong they are and how much work they do. If you inflate them such that they can't exhale, you stop the breathing, which will kill them. Had you geomancy, a snake of res could worm its way down the throat and then explode in shards of stone that would cut them up." He didn't really relish the idea of doing that to someone, but spoke with clinical detachment about the possibilities. They had not reached the realm of ethics yet. Should something be done was another matter entirely, although he was no proponent of pacifism if someone was trying to kill him.
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Next