Forgetting the Past [OPEN]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Postby Caleb Halle on November 11th, 2011, 4:33 am

10th day of Fall, 511 AV

As Caleb left the apartment complex, a single tear dropped to the ground, all that he let past the emotional barrier he'd erecting around himself. Oh, he still felt the emotions. He wasn't blessed, like some, to be rid of them. But outwardly, they were next-to-never shown. One tear, a remnant of a time before his home was ransacked, his money stolen, and his privacy violated. A time before he was left alone in the world, to fend for himself.

I'm just being dramatic, he though to himself, People have endured far worse than this. I shouldn't be exaggerating my loss

Caleb left the apartment complex, broken, with his head held high, and his face dry. He began to walk deeper into the beautiful city of Lhavit, his path yet to be determined.

OOCAnyone's welcome to join, this is my first actual RP thread. Thanks. =D
Speaking Common

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe.
~ Dalai Lama
Caleb Halle
Player

Words: 6969
Joined roleplay: November 8th, 2011, 3:31 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Landon Mora on November 12th, 2011, 2:38 am

Sabastian was otherwise holed up doing something else so Landon walked alone. While manly siblings had their ins and outs, some even hated each other enough never to see each other, the Mora brothers seemed more like friends than brothers at times. Of course they fought. They fought a lot actually. What was a relationship between people if it was not rocky every once in a while though?

It was at this time Landon passed by a boy who was also alone. He seemed bothered though. While some might think it is rude to use magic on those they do not know, Landon saw it simply as furthering his skills. "Hey kid, whats wrong?" He called out to the boy, a small smile on his lips. When he called out he focused one thought into the words, lacing them through what he said with hypnotic suggestion. "Don't lie to me. Tell me your problem." Who knew it if would actually work? One had to want to do the thing they were being hypnotized to do. If the boy needed someone to speak to though it seemed Landon had just volunteered to listen.
Landon Mora
Groovy Swag

Words: 24946
Joined roleplay: October 21st, 2011, 7:33 pm
Character sheet

Postby Caleb Halle on November 12th, 2011, 3:44 am

Caleb walked along the glittering paths that laced Lhavit, unaware of the people around him. Without a home, or a job, it didn't much matter if he was friendly to people, or not. This would explain why, when footsteps approached him, he ignored them. As a dreamy voice entered his mind however, he turned to look. "Hey kid, what's wrong?" the voice called. By the time he started to formulate a lie, he had already began to talk.

"I-.. My life just fell apart. Nothing really much." Caleb said, a sad smile leaping from his face as quickly as it had appeared. Faint lines were etched into his face, as he struggled not to burst out his problems. With a sigh, he walked a bit closer to the man, his eyes tracing the ground.
Speaking Common

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe.
~ Dalai Lama
Caleb Halle
Player

Character sheet

Postby Landon Mora on November 12th, 2011, 4:22 am

A smile formed on Landon's lips. The hypnotism had worked. The boy was talking. The only problem was, now he had to listen to the boy's problems. Perhaps he could hypnotize him to stop talking about them. No…, that was terribly rude. Besides, the boy seemed to want someone to listen or else he would not have reacted to the hypnotism.

"It fell apart? You seem to still be standing." Landon could listen to the boy but no amount of hypnotism could soften his blunt tongue. "You are not dead… You aren't dead, right?" He swore, some ghosts seemed so real at times. Although, those were few and far in between. Hell, he could have been a Nuit. None of that was really important to the conversation though.

Shaking his head, Landon tried to reel back his words. "Well… your life falling apart seems like it is more than nothing really." It was at times like this that Landon wished he had chosen to learn auristics. It seemed aurists were so much better at stuff like this. "I sounds like a lot really. You don't need to tell me though. I know some things are better left to yourself. Talking helps at times though." Once again Landon let his hypnotism wave through his words. It was a fair trade. The boy got to talk and Landon got to practice his magic.
Landon Mora
Groovy Swag

Character sheet

Postby Caleb Halle on November 12th, 2011, 4:42 am

Caleb would look into the man's eyes, and felt his senses coming back to him. As the man spoke his blunt quips, Caleb's sense of logic would come rushing back to him. With a suspicious flare in his eyes, as almost nobody could get Caleb to talk so freely, he would begin the process of trying to sense the man across from him for any form of magic. Holding such a limited Auristics skill, success would lay more on luck than skill.

However, as the man continued his statement, lacing the words with magic once more, Caleb's resolve would shake, leaving him (barely visibly) dazed, and susceptible to another attack. The results of his Aura probe may come back, depending on the words and actions of the man across from him.

As the hypnotism takes it's minor hold onto Caleb, he begins to speak once more,

"Well, I'm sure you... Don't need to be.. Bothered." He would say, his train of thought bouncing from "Tell him" to "Why are you talking?" before he could get a fully formed idea out. As a result, Caleb would stand in front of the man, looking quite sheepish.
Speaking Common

~ Dalai Lama
Caleb Halle
Player

Character sheet

Postby Landon Mora on November 12th, 2011, 5:17 am

Auristics was a quiet art. One could not tell if their aura was being read while it was happening, unless of course they had some outside help. Perhaps some auristics of their own or the gift of telepathy from Leth. Landon did not have either and so he stood oblivious to the boy's probing.

"Yeah, I don't need to be bothered but I suppose the real issue here is that you need someone to bother." The words sounded rude but in reality, he was trying to be sincere. He was just a bit… harsh. "Talking about it is better than holing it up. Gods know you don't want to make yourself sick."

Perhaps the boy just needed some familiarity. He could get a lot more hypnotism done if the boy would relax and let his guard down. "I'm Landon by the way." He smiled lightly. "Here to bother if needed, although who am I to talk to? We barely know each other." His hypnotic thoughts seemed to finish his sentence for him. "But you should tell me anyways…"
Landon Mora
Groovy Swag

Character sheet

Postby Caleb Halle on November 12th, 2011, 7:09 pm

Due to his limited skill, Caleb wouldn't recieve much when he first started his scan. However, once the Landon had laced his words with hypnotism once again, Caleb would be able to see the magic coming at him quite quickly. As he was the magic took effect, he became more wary. He felt his thoughts being nudged into telling Landon what he wanted to know, and he couldn't help but feel that there was a certain level of privacy that was being broken. He tried to push it off however, and his eyebrows came together, in a suspicious glare.

"What if I'm wrong," He though to himself, "I'm not as skilled as my father was.." And he settled with that conclusion. He was considering walking away, though, as Landon began to speak once more.

As Landon began to use his magic again, his hypnotism only set alarm bells off inside Caleb. The instant that his thoughts began to turn harshly towards spilling his secrets like a fountain, he knew that he was right. The man was manipulating him. Caleb tilted his head to the right a bit, and a small smile ran across his lips.

"Landon, was it?" He began, and he stepped closer to the man, until they were close enough to feel the heat coming off one another. "Well, Mister Landon, I don't think that I'll be... Able to tell you anything.." Caleb paused, although he was aware of it, it was getting harder and harder to resist. "However, why don't you tell ME something, yes? I'm thoroughly interested to know why I shouldn't... Call for.. Help? I've heard the Shinya get very.. Invigorated when their people are.. Manipulated" He said, fatigue draining him. Caleb let the Auristic probe stop, the power it required was fatiguing him most of all. He then devoted more of his energy to resisting the man.
Speaking Common

~ Dalai Lama
Caleb Halle
Player

Character sheet

Postby Landon Mora on November 13th, 2011, 3:13 am

So the boy was catching on. It seemed he was a bit more observant than Landon expected. It simply added to the challenge he supposed. There was just the added threat that he might be thrown to the Shinya. Never a good thought to be looming over one's head.

Landon simply shrugged at the words. "Fine, you don't have to tell me anything." He pulled his hypnotism slowly from his words, although not completely. To simply let go of the boy now would be reckless. If he had a bit of control, he might as well let it slowly even out. He didn't want the boy running off to go tell the Shinya on him when he was just trying to train. Although a more courteous man would have known it was in poor manners and morals to practice hypnotism on someone out of the blue such as he had done.

The magic free from Landon's words, he spoke again, answering the boy's question. "Just call me Landon and to tell you the truth, I was hypnotizing you." Why not lie all of his cards on the table now? "I'm sorry, it truly was in poor taste. You seemed to need to talk and I wanted to practice so I thought, why not?" He hoped the boy would not run off but one had to give him credit for trying. "It was wrong though, I admit it." He'd still do it again in a heartbeat, just not to this guy it seemed. "If I may ask though, how did you know I was hypnotizing you? Do you have some magic of your own?" Landon let the words speak for themselves, no trace of hypnotic suggestion in their depths.
Landon Mora
Groovy Swag

Character sheet

Postby Caleb Halle on November 13th, 2011, 4:01 am

Caleb was taken aback at the man's words. He'd only once before had the misfortune of running into a hypnotist, and that was.. Not a pleasant memory. While Landon began to explain, Caleb's instinct was to run to the Shinya. However, he stopped and listened. As Landon explained his reasoning, in which there wasn't much reason, Caleb began to become aware of the man. In the fatigued state he was in, Caleb wouldn't be doing much running. The man would probably catch him before he got the attention of one, though, the Shinya were very apt at finding people in need of assistance.

Caleb couldn't take that chance. No, logic was the answer here. He needed to be logical. "Gnora help me..." he though, and he began to speak.

"Now, Landon, I'm going to be frank. I don't appreciate what you did, and I don't appreciate you. However, you've apologized, and I believe we can move past this, if we both wish to." Caleb began, and took another deep breath in, "I have no allies in this city, however, I also have no enemies. I do not plan to make one."

In his mind, Caleb began to contemplate whether or not he should tell Landon about his Auristics. Without telling him, he ran the risk of Landon telling the Shinya, and Caleb wasn't registered... No, he had to tell him. Still risky, but it had to be done. In a low voice, he said,

"I've been known to practice Auristics... From time to time." He said, with a smirk. He continued, "However, given the circumstances, why don't we keep that to ourselves, yes?" And with a smile, Caleb waited for Landon's reply.
Speaking Common

~ Dalai Lama
Caleb Halle
Player

Character sheet

Postby Landon Mora on November 14th, 2011, 4:14 am

Landon was a bit scared, as anyone who was threatened with the might of the Shinya might be. It seemed a bit over the top in the man's opinion to threaten the Shinya but he was always known to be a bit too lax on things anyways. Besides, he understood hypnotism, the boy didn't. People feared things they did not understand. That fear could always lead to irrational behavior, although once again, perhaps Landon was the one who was being irrational.

"I'm glad to see we can work past this." The words tasted wrong on his tongue. Backing down to someone so easily and of course, so much younger. The boy seemed very diplomatic though. That much he could respect.

Landon really could have cared less how the boy got his information. The man seemed to have leverage now though. A secret for a secret, his kind of game. "You got it. No reason to call the Shinya between magic users."

The man could not help but want to learn the art of auristics. It would help a lot in the work of hypnotism. He would know better when his art was setting off alarms, much like now.

With a somewhat defeated look, Landon glanced at the boy. "Well… now that we have all of that out of the way…" He was not sure how much the boy would want to be around him after the stunt he pulled but he kept the friendliness open. "It's important to have allies. I'm telling you this with complete honesty. You don't have to listen. I'm sure I'm the last person you feel like taking advice from." The boy seemed to have been through enough. He didn't need anymore trouble from Landon. "The world is very dangerous. I'm sure you know that. It would be best you find allies soon, and skilled ones." A smile itched at the side of his lips. He did not like to admit he was a bit intimidated by the Shinya but the boy would have been able to tell thanks to his auristics.
Landon Mora
Groovy Swag

Character sheet

Next