[Flashback] Mind Your Own (Jahssasyuri)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Rhuryc on December 2nd, 2011, 9:07 pm

Unusual. Rhuryc quirked a brow and took his time in examining the woman for a second time. Was she serious? She was. At least from what could tell. The woman was not built like a fighter; slim, supple, but she could work the string of that bow. If that was what she wanted. The man leaned back and rested a hand on the hilt of his blade, his countenance calm as he mulled the idea about. He only knew one way to teach and he had a feeling that she would not much enjoy it.

"That is," He paused, reaching for the word. "Acceptable. I suppose we'll need weapons to practice with and enough room to work. We can start as soon as you would like, did you have a location? Some place open, preferably."

He turned his gaze to the woman, expectantly awaiting a reply. If anything, this was a good way to find somewhere to find room and board. Or room, anyway.
Rhuryc
Honorific

Words: 466305
Joined roleplay: July 21st, 2010, 7:22 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Jahssasyuri on December 3rd, 2011, 11:36 pm

Looking up and down, observing her soon-to-be master, Yuri was satisfied for her choice of a trainer. He was strong and muscular, personality that contrasted somewhat to Yuri and seemingly she was attracted to him but not in a romantic way. He was like a toy the snake needed to play with and learn from, eventually gaining his trust and maybe form a worthwhile bond. Of course, learning necessary skills from him would suffice for the Dhani as she nodded and satisfied with the answer.

"Hmmm, I don't know exactly where we could get weapons without having to spend much coin or room and board for that matter. I prefer to steal keys and live in people's houses when they aren't home or, just outside the city."

Thinking a few seconds longer, Yuri continued, "For a open space that isn't dangerous, is quite hard to come by in the city of Sunberth. If anything, going outside to a forest clearign could yield better results."
Jahssasyuri
Player

Words: 51040
Joined roleplay: November 22nd, 2011, 4:36 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Ink on December 4th, 2011, 4:51 am

And in the Aftermath . . .

The Rewards are Revealed.

Rhuryc :
Skills: Intimidation 2, Observation 2, Weapon (Shield) 2, Weapon (Longsword) 2*, Tracking 1

Lore: Advanced Quickdraw(Longsword)**
Lore: Disarming Techniques: Riposte of the Defenseive Firmament(Poor)
Lore: Mercy of a Quick Death

*Explanation of +2 Longsword, I noticed in your CS that your family sword Naravane is specifically listed as a bastard sword which is a class of longsword. I can change the award to 'bastardsword' if you would like but I thought longsword might be easier to apply for your character since it includes all the subtypes and not just one. Additionally I'd request that you edit your CS to reflect the type of sword Rhuryc is using, the techniques needed to use a short sword and a claymore are vastly different as I'm sure you can imagine! But as it stands your current skill could cover all swords, even though from glancing at your previous threads I can see that you use your longsword.

This is just to lessen possible ST confusion, so we don't need to comb through inventories to make sure we're grading for the correct type of sword. ^^

**Advanced Quickdraw (Longsword): Years of practice with the familial blade has enabled Rhuryc to draw his blade 25% faster then normal.

Note: It seemed like Rhuryc has a definite style developing and I really enjoy that he stood up for his morals and his defeated enemies. It's certainly refreshing in this city!

Jahssasyuri :
Skills: Throwing (Dagger) 2*, Larceny 1, Observation 2, Rhetoric 1, Running 1, Weapon (Short bow) 2**

Lore: Selection of target(poor)

*Throwing Daggers Note: It takes a lot of practice to properly throw daggers, especially daggers that aren’t balanced for throwing (IE have hilts). Moreover- to throw a dagger at all with much success you must find a series of methods which may work. You should probably keep that in mind in the future and seek out a teacher if you intend to use this skill with real success. :)

**Shortbow: Archery is a skill at novice level which at most - Takes time. Time for your character to aim properly. Time for your character to adjust the shot. Time for your character to make its attempts to follow the steps of shooting. Normal rule of thumb to think of- you probably won't be able to do much with a skill until it reaches 15-20 pts. At least not without missing often and needing many more arrows when you're 'rushing it.'

Note: An assassin with contractual ethics, I like it! Fits wonderfully into the motif of Sunberth, I hope to see some truly awesome kills by Yuri in the future!

Written in the ink :
Short and sweet! It was a lot of fun to get introduce to both characters and I really hope to read more in the future.Thank you for being my first grade recipients.

If you feel I've been unfair in my grading or awards please feel free to PM me, I'm happy to discuss it and I promise not to bite! ^^

Ink
DS in Sahova

Words: 259510
Joined roleplay: December 3rd, 2011, 6:15 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous