[flashback Bharan Library] Uncovering the Mysterious Past

[Duality] Rayage discovers that there is more than light in this everglowing city

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

[flashback Bharan Library] Uncovering the Mysterious Past

Postby Rayage on November 26th, 2011, 7:44 am

Summer 10, 451 AV

Rayage blinked and shuddered at the ambient light which was reflected by the ancient skyglass of the city this night. In fact the view was a reminder that there were things far older them himself sometimes. A testament to the passing of time, seeming to occur at different rates for some civilizations then others. And the city of Lhavit was one such city. A city with a duality of activity which could not be denied. During the dawn of the daytime to dusk the city was alive by the milling of it's peoples, each one vibrant and full of life as many mortals were. But instead of the chaos and disorder of many a city, Lhavits people went about their business in a composed and calm manner. Even their peacekeepers , the Shinya were ordered in their thoughts much like in the way of a nuit, in that they sometimes would forgo the needs of the present to think about the future, even as they kept the order of their city. He'd heard many of them were rumored to be projectionists, and that was interesting to his assessments as the magical study seemed to be centered around the astral self, or the soul. Much like the process of being a nuit was... was perhaps the original discoverers of the daek-nuit blessed with knowledge similar to the Shinya? The daek nuit involved soul transfer, he knew that much. But he didn't know if there was a connection, but it was an interesting apparent link. One that was a bit different then his normal anathema to other magical practices being 'obsolete' or inferior to Alchemy. Simply because the basic premises of that personal magic might hold a key to a greater alchemic secret. For this reason and this reason alone he had asked questions, keeping his cloak bundled about himself to hide his undead form. All for the pursuit of attempting to find a way to the answers he sought. But the scientist in him, which experimented in many things could not dismiss the thought that here, in the city of skyglass a few links might be found between the history of Lhavit and his chosen path to walk.

After inquiring a few fleshling's thoughts on where in the city knowledge might be found he had been directed to the Baharan Library.And for this reason it was that he approached the librarian at the desk, asking his question in a well mannered tone to the functionary that took the place of the golems of the isle. "Greetings." He grinned at her, could his quest end here at the library or was it going to lead him down a twisting and turning road to discovery, "May I ask you to direct me to a place of private study. I wish to forage within the scrolls of the knowledge repository for things that may be of use to me. Things that are old, perhaps prior to the Valterrian. I seek knowledge of topics of the history of Lhavit during those times, as well as any of the Star-Lady's tasking during that time. Would there be some means for someone to assist me?" Stepping back, Rayage waited peacefully for the fleshling to respond. He was normally an impatient sort, but here, in this library surrounded by the augurs of the myriad number of books and scrolls' mysteries he was merely enthusiastic to begin setting about his research. Truly... research was a grand thing.
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)