[Sanctuary] A Gathering of Sapphires and Emeralds

Wherein Leto, Ronan, and Kavala all meet up at Sanctuary.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Kavala on November 28th, 2011, 4:11 pm

Timestamp: 65th of Fall, 511 AV (Late Evening)
Location: Sanctuary’s Veranda overlooking the inner Courtyard/Horse Gate
Purpose: Meeting Letho and Ronan, Thread challenge stuff

Things weren’t going so well, truth be told. Kavala decided instantly that she should have stayed in bed as she surveyed the black pool of ink that was slowly expanding over the big oak table on the veranda. A knocked over inkwell was the culprit. Kavala, after the day she’d had, really had no reaction to it at all except to sigh. It even took her a good two minutes to rise and go get something to clean the mess up with, as unsurprised and undaunted as her already horrible day had made her.

All in all, Kavala couldn’t have had a more rotten day if she tried. Waking up, she’d discovered the wellhead for the main well in Sanctuary’s courtyard had somehow cracked and was gushing water all over. It was too big of a job for someone at the facility to handle, so they’d sent for help from the city. The first repairman who’d come had replaced the wellhead, but then proceeded to tell her all the reasons why it had cracked and how she needed a new well dug completely in a completely more ideal location.. It wasn’t something she could afford at the moment, but it had weighed heavily on her mind all day. Then, about mid morning, she’d had to go to town to pick up an order of Yvas’ at the local leatherworker there. On the way she’d almost been run down by a carriage that was ill driven by two youths and then had gotten soaked when Riverfalls’ normally wet weather had unleashed its fury all at once in an epic downpour that reminded her of the Bluevein plunging off the Cyphrus grasslands itself.

So by the time she’d managed to hit the leather shop, she was soaked, tired, and more than a little fearful for her life. It’d been almost fifty days since the encounter with glassbeaks, but in a way Kavala was still healing. There was a slight limp in her stride, which she discounted because she _was_ alive and in far better shape than she would have been if she hadn’t have been the healer she was. Cugacon was recovering as well, though more slowly because she saw too it that he got the rest he needed since he was so prone to not taking time for himself.

But the leather shop itself had been a disappointment. She’d taken one of her Drykas made yvas’ in to be duplicated so she’d have some stock on hand to sell with her animals. The resulting things the leatherworker had shown her were so inferior Kavala was stunned he’d even try to pass them off as acceptable. The resulting argument had been almost embarrassing because she’d called him out right there in the middle of his store. Sure, there were no other customers waiting, but he was there and he knew what she thought of his work when she examined it. The leather was of inferior quality, of thicknesses that varied and had definite curing imperfections. They were simply things she couldn’t use. Tack couldn’t be trusted if it was apt to fail in the middle of a place where it was really needed. Striders, who ran at sixty miles an hour or faster, had to have yvas’ that wouldn’t break under that strain endangering their riders lives.

She’d gotten into it with him, unhappy that he’d tried to dupe her. She’d stood up for herself, refused to purchase the crappy workmanship, and instead bought leather that was good quality from him when he refused to redo the order. “I’ll just teach myself how to work leather and make them myself. That way I know I am safe and my clients are safe when they use my tack. I don’t need to be dependent upon you and your shoddy workmanship to put my life in danger.” She’d announced, forming the plan then demanding he sell her leather that was worth something. He had it. He just hadn’t used it on her order. And that made Kavala outraged. The Leatherman was young, probably not old enough to have sired kids and thus be higher in rank than Kavala. So, when she issued her words, her threat was real. And she outranked him being a Nakivak, so it was something he couldn’t gainsay.

Marching off, she’d loaded the leather (wrapped in oilskin to protect against the rain) across the rump of her horse – all five cowhides worth – and went off to the library to find a book on leatherworking. After spending an hour searching with the librarian rather irritated that someone so wet had dared to enter his domain, she’d discovered they had books on leatherworking but EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM was checked out, and only minutes before. Kavala put a hold on them and asked to be notified if someone brought the three back. It was then the librarian had commented he thought it was odd the leatherworker had checked them out himself moments before. Kavala had started to curse immediately in Pavi, her tirade and fury needing an outlet when he’d revealed how sneaky the leatherworker was trying to thwart her plan.

Kavala was quietly furious. And she knew she’d both embarrassed herself in front of the leatherworker with the fit she’d had and in front of the librarian later.

So she’d marched back home, put the leather away deciding since Aweston knew how to work leather he could teach her, and then decided to relax by working on her glyphing. She had parchments of papers out on the big table, pen, what was left of the ink she’d just spilled, and was glaring at the whole mess.

“I knew better than to start a project like this today… I just knew better.”
She carefully cleaned up the ink, replaced the empty vial with a fresh one, and desperately tried to wash the black off her hands. All she’d really been trying to do was store her healing gnosis in the glyph – preferably a bone-setting glyph, and yet she couldn’t even manage to ink out the glyph on paper far enough to use it to store her gnosis.

“Frustration, thy name is Kavala today.”
The girl said, getting all cleaned up, having regathered her wits and supplies. Kavala sat down to repeat the glyph, taking a fresh piece of parchment out. She breathed deeply, concentrated, and then began sketching out her glyph one more time.

Kavala carefully reconstructed her Focus – that of a rearing horse – and then carefully surrounded it by its barrier of Pavi runes all themed around being an obstruction. Then, carefully she’d added her trigger, using the word ‘release’ which was always her standby. She copied four of these designs down on parchment, then set them aside to let them dry. Kavala poured herself a glass of wine, leaned back, and drank deeply. She checked the ink frequently, and about twenty minutes later all four parchments were dry. Then, one by one, she laid her hands on them, tapped her gnosis, and concentrated on pouring bone-mending energy into each one, more than enough for the largest most awful break possible of a single bone. They wouldn’t help against someone with multiple fractures in their bodies. But they would help against folks who say took a nasty fall from a horse and snapped a forearm. Once ‘loaded’ as she called them, Kavala set the glyphs aside and began to put on stew. She was growing hungry and soon enough the entire staff would be wandering in from wherever they were to have themselves a late night supper. Dinner had been hours ago and more like an elaborate lunch. But because the folks at Sanctuary worked so hard, they not only got breakfast, lunch and dinner, they got supper as well.

So once the stew was on – vegetables cut and boiling in the water with venison – and a fresh loaf of bread was in the oven, Kavala sat down to relax once more. It was just about then she noticed the visitors wandering through the horse gate, tired striders in tow, looking rather exhausted. She rosed to greet them, stepping off the veranda and walking the length of the courtyard to open the horsegate herself.

“Fair winds and tall grass. You both look worn. Come in. You need stabling, I take it?” She asked politely, looking first to one stranger then the next.
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ronan on November 28th, 2011, 4:57 pm

Alongside Leto, Tairell, and Arias, they arrived at the gates of the Sanctuary. He turned to Leto, wondering what to do next, when a female approached the gates to open them.

She was slim, with platinum hair, and striking blue eyes. As she opened the gates for them, she looked at both of them and noted how worn they looked. By Semele... he did feel tired. They had been journeying for days, and Webbing had tired him even further. He wondered where Sama'el was right now.

She asked them if they needed stabling, in fluent Pavi. The white hair... she was a Konti? Why did she speak with the Drykas tongue so fluidly. It seemed very natural to her, and his curiosity rose. Shaking his head, he quickly realised he was frowning. She was polite, and he was being rude. A decidedly different approach was needed.

"I was told this was the only place to stable horses in the City," he said slowly, bowing his head slightly, "I am Ronan Windsong, and this is Leto Treebearer. We are travelling Drykas' with tired Striders." He smiled at her wanly. "But don't let us impose. We know nothing of this place - just say the word and we'll be gone."

He turned to Leto, to see if the Drykas would say anything. It was clear that Sama'el's thread passed strongly here, and Leto had mentioned an Origin in close proximity. He would ask someone eventually. If he described Sama'el and Dohaina, he was sure someone would remember him.

Then, at least, they'd know they were on the right track.
Ronan
Nomadic Soul

Words: 305663
Joined roleplay: June 28th, 2011, 9:39 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Leto Sunsinger on November 28th, 2011, 5:40 pm

Ronan and Leto had certainly learned more about each other through their previous journey through the web. But it also left Leto feeling quite drained, as he was still a beginner, so therefore still needed more practice webbing before he was able to do it without feeling so tired and weary. As they approached the gate, it opened, and before them stood a beautiful woman, one unlike anything that Leto had ever seen before. And she spoke Pavi too! What luck they were in to have someone he could actually converse with in Pavi whereas his common wasn't so good or fluent as his Pavi happened to be.

Ronan introduced them, and Leto bowed his head to the lady as well, out of mere respect for her, and her place of residence. Such formality was a generous way of getting to be on one's good side, and she could obviously tell they and their striders, were quite exhausted. They had certainly been riding for days, only stopping briefly to nap while one kept watch over the other during the nights, so as to make sure neither were attacked in their slumber. But now they were safe within a city, and had found a place where they could stable their striders, hopefully, that is if she would allow them passage into her realm.

Leto had never seen a Konti before, and so he caught himself staring at her, almost bewildered, and then allowed his obsidian gaze to shift downwards a bit, towards the ground, so as not to impose on her personal space through viewing eyes. Depending on how she'd answer Ronan, Leto would probably remain silent, and allow him to do most of the talking, as he was still a bit shy in the face of woman. He did indeed wonder how long ago Sama'el had passed through this place, given they had found his signature on the web, and he had recognized his origin rune once they had reached it.

Simply awaiting her response, he smiled, and looked back up towards her, and past her, viewing what her place of living looked like from the outside. It seemed like a genuine place, beautiful as he scanned it with his obsidian gaze, and hoped that she would allow them to stable their striders there, knowing full well that Arias would feel at home if indeed Dohaina was there as well, given the two had mated the season prior to this one...
Back again... for a lil longer this time I hope.
Leto Sunsinger
The Glyphing Summoner

Words: 168911
Joined roleplay: January 18th, 2011, 7:04 pm
Character sheet

Postby Kavala on November 28th, 2011, 6:20 pm

Kavala offered first one then the other of the gentleman a smile, throwing the horse gates wide. "I am Kavala Denusk, of the Denusk Pavilion, Sapphire Clan. You are most welcome here, my kinsman. Come... lets see to your striders and once they are settled you both need to get off your feet for a while." Kavala said, turning to step aside so they could lead the two horses in to the inner courtyard. Sanctuary was a sprawling facility with a large stone courtyard surrounded on three sides with stalls and on a forth side with a big rambling stone building. The courtyard itself greeted folks that entered with an aging stone fountain that hadn't seen water in ages. Instead it was planted with flowers and to those who had the eyes to see, origin stones that radiated webbing outwards linking all the denizens to the facility itself. The web work itself tasted of Sama'el's handiwork for anyone with eyes to see though the konti's particular energy was interwoven as well.

The center of the courtyard housed an Arena tucked off to one side while the other side boasted a round pen and what looked like an outdoor forge. The arena had a loose scattering of horses in it, two of which were obviously striders though most were larger more war-horse like in stature. An obvious pathway lead around the fountain and up to the Veranda of the back of the building, while there was plenty of room on either side to pass horses in and out of the rows of stalls overlooking the courtyard. The two nearest to the gate was where Kavala headed, leading the men after closing the gate behind them. "Go ahead and strip them of their yvas and gear, and I'll bring them some dinner and draw some fresh water for them." The Konti said, moving swiftly into action. Her gait wasn't smooth, and her motions spoke of a recovering injury, but all and all she was quick to make sure both stalls had a generous portion of hay, grain, and soon afterwards water.

She even gave the men time to brush down their mounts while she leaned against the the adjoining stalls doorway and smiled. "We get so few visitors here that are from the Grass. It's nice to see you two here. Are you trading? I just finished visiting with Sama'el a few days ago. When he stops, I always get a bit homesick for the Grass. What news do you have? I've heard his, but hopefully you have other tidbits. I've not heard from my family for a season so any word of the Sapphires or Denusks would be more than welcome. I'll trade you hearty bowls of stew and fresh bread for any good rumors." Kavala said, smiling slightly, trying to make the two strangers feel welcome.

Her eyes were on their horses, their moods, and how much each looked to their rider. Both seemed in excellent health, content, and without any resentment or fear of either men. That made welcoming the strangers, in Kavala's eyes, a safe bet.

Once they'd finished, she'd lead them up to the Veranda, and ask them to have seats at the common table everyone took meals at. She'd ladel them up bowls of soup if they wanted them and lay out a tray of fresh baked bread with little pots of butter and honey. Moreso than anything else, Kavala was a fusser and was not happy unless she had at least one or two charges to mother-hen.
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ronan on November 28th, 2011, 10:27 pm

When she introduced herself, Ronan gave a start. And then had to stop himself laughing hysterically. He could not escape the Denusk's it seemed - Vanator, Bolden, and now Kavala. It explained why she spoke in such a perfect Pavi tongue.

As they entered the courtyard, he was struck by the Web. Even without total focus, the strands were thick here, connections from all directions. He turned to Leto, sharing his awe. The Origin stones were visible, and he knew they had been left by Sama'el, the Watchman's presence all over them.

Eventually they came to a stop, and under Kavala's instructions he took away Tairell's riding gear, stroking her affectionately. Her eyes were curious, and just a little scared. The storm, now a distant memory, was still spooking her among strangers. But she was always fine so long as Ronan gave her an affectionate rub.

Smiling, Kavala leaned against some railings, watching he and Leto shower their Strider's in affection. He wanted to know a little more of her - a Konti, yet Denusk in name. He wondered if he should mention Bolden, knowing of the divide's in the family. Was Kavala on Vanator's side?

His head snapped up, and his hand recoiled from Tairell at her next words. This was too easy - far too easy. She mentioned Sama'el by name, and spoke of him as a friend.

And she hadn't heard from her family either. He quickly agreed, "Stew and bread... that sounds perfect - and more generous than I ever expected. Thank you, Kavala." He nodded his head gently, glancing sideways at Leto, "in fact, we're after Sama'el. So perhaps we need to trade rumours."
Ronan
Nomadic Soul

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Leto Sunsinger on November 29th, 2011, 4:32 pm

Upon seeing the origin cairn left by Sama'el, Leto's heart jumped a bit. He was here, thought Leto, his obsidian gaze drifting towards Ronan as their eyes met, both knowing exactly what the other was thinking at that very moment, that Sama'el had passed through here. His mark was all over the web, and they could tell he had spun at least apart of it, and someone else had seemingly helped him, Leto couldn't tell who though, unless he actually had studied Kavala's signatures. Eyes turned towards Arias as the strider followed him into the stabling area, and upon request, and naturally, Leto stripped Arias of the yvas and the gear they had carried, setting it down against the wall, his glaive as well spear point sheathed, and placed downwards, so as to refrain from injuring anyone.

Brushing his strider gently, Arias neighed a bit, enjoying the gentle strokes of the brush against his stiff coat, and turned his head so his eyes were laying to rest upon Leto. Smiling, Leto patted his neck, and turned to Kavala as she leaned against the fencing and began to speak to the two men. She was a denusk, and unfortunately, Leto didn't know of any denusk's given he really only had made friends thus far with Sama'el, Ronan, and Denen. He definitely needed to expand his circle of friends much more than it already was, given he knew very few drykas outside of his pavilion, and the ones he worked with on a daily basis, when he was working.

"Yes, thank you for the hospitality," said Leto in response to her offering of food to himself and Ronan. When Ronan then spoke of Sama'el, Leto piped up as well, eager to hear of Sama'el's travels, or at least any news of him. "Unfortunately, I do not know of the Denusk's in Endrykas, but I do know Sama'el and Denen, his healer friend, as they have become quite close to me... any news of them we would be grateful to hear about... anything at all, if you're able to and willing," he finished, obsidian eyes resting upon the konti, his pavi very fluent and flawless in it's speech. One could tell that he had grown up around only Drykas, as his pavi was his most fluent language, second being common, and third a bit of Shiber, mostly just hello and goodbye, nothing too serious.

Once he had finished brushing Arias, about the same time he had actually spoken up to the beautiful Konti, along with Ronan, he smiled, and awaited the woman's response to their query, hoping it wasn't too much trouble to speak of Sama'el, and hopefully Ronan knew a bit more rumors about the Konti's family than Leto did, given he didn't get out very much in Endrykas, and mostly kept to himself, drawing his glyphs, and working on webbing and summoning when the time was right, and he had time to spare...
Back again... for a lil longer this time I hope.
Leto Sunsinger
The Glyphing Summoner

Words: 168911
Joined roleplay: January 18th, 2011, 7:04 pm
Character sheet

Postby Kavala on January 7th, 2012, 7:37 pm

Kavala smiled. While both men tended their horses, she extended our her senses to the animals, looking for their reactions to both their riders. There was fierce loyalty, affection, and a close sense of partnership. All was as it should be so the Konti had no trouble trusting them.

"You just missed Sama'el actually. He's running to Avanthal for multiple reasons, but he said he was returning in a few seasons as soon as he can make the trip and get back. He was in fact fairly confident that he could be there by winter or spring at the latest and be back here by summer. Why are you guys following him? He'll lay web as he goes, I'm fairly sure, so it shouldn't be hard to track him." Kavala said, gesturing to the veranda across the stable yard.

"When you guys are ready to eat, I'll be over there setting out food. You look like you both could use a good meal and some rest. There's beds here you can use if you haven't taken places in town. I'd never ask a fellow Drykas for coin. Sanctuary is glad to host you."
Kavala said, letting her words settle in and leaving the two men to their tasks as she laid out food and drink for them both, not skimping on either the meal or the quality of the wine.

The Konti kept a sharp eye on Tasival as well, making sure he wasn't getting into trouble and settling him up on the Veranda out of the sun. She was a vigilant mother, one that tended to over fret, but again he was her first child so all was as expected.

When the men settled and joined her, she carefully and diplomatically asked... "So why aren't you traveling with Sam? Where he's going he'll need as many weapons as he can get. Kalea and Taldera in the winter... scares me." She added.
Please Note:
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ronan on January 7th, 2012, 8:32 pm

Ronan was warmed by Kavala's hospitality, and he felt calm in himself, sensing a degree of trust from her. So many people were paranoid around strangers, around people they had never met. Ronan himself had been guilty of that in the past.

He listened to the Konti carefully. Sam hoped to be back in a couple of seasons...? His trail of Webbing made a lot of sense, he could see his traces throughout the Sanctuary. He had so much to learn. Just what were Origin Stones exactly?

Kavala readied their food, and Ronan made a last bout of fuss over Tairell. "You've done me proud," he whispered to her, kissing her on the nose. Not even a God could break the bond between a Drykas and his Strider.

Ronan looked to Leto and gave him a vague smile. The man was a quiet one, but he knew what ate at him. His feelings over Sama'el were passionate ones. And they were also feelings that would never fade - they couldn't simply be watered down and forgotten. He felt a pang of sympathy for the man.

When they settled down, Ronan ravenously tore into the food. She expected no payment - and that was probably a good thing. He had very little money left.

Eventually, Kavala enquired about the reasons for their journey. Ronan took a sip of wine - it was an exquisite one, he hadn't tried anything like it before - then considered his response. It wasn't a simple one.

"It's... complicated. Sama'el asked me to come with him just before he left, but I couldn't. And then I found family I never knew about, and time just ran away. Did Sama'el tell you? He's training me for the Watch. I guess that's what prompted me to come eventually."

The thought scared her? He felt uneasy all of a sudden and put his glass of wine down onto the table.

"I've never travelled out of Cyphrus... you've got me worried Kavala. We've been trying to follow his trail. There are Origin Stones of his here, aren't there?"
Ronan
Nomadic Soul

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Kavala on January 7th, 2012, 9:21 pm

She nodded, settling into the role of an Ankal's daughter easily enough to her Drykas guests. Food, rest, good conversation all after their mounts were seen too. Kavala looked thoughtful and shrugged.

"I've been to Mura and back, traveling through Sylira to do so, but it wasn't a pleasant experience. That's why I'm here and not with my family on the Sea of Grass. Heading across to Kalea in the throat of winter is a bad idea. I tried to tell Sama'el as well, but he was confident. He's planning on going through Karjin or Alvadas and then going overland to Avanthal as far as I can tell. He wasn't specific about the route, so you might loose the web crossing the Suvan unless you know what port he was going for." Kavala thought back, unsure of what Sama'el had said. Had he told her? She scanned back, the memory indistinct. Probably Alvadas but Karjin was a pleasant safe place as well, so who knew for sure? It depended upon the Suvan and tides, but he'd be smart to go Karjin for sure.

"He set the origins in the stone fountain you saw passing through the horse gate. Its not working, and planted with flowers at the moment, but it made a great place to set them. I still need to tie most of my herds which are non-striders into the webs here he formed, but its good experience and I'll go slowly. I need the practice for I'm not nearly advanced as he is in it. But Sanctuary needs an early warning system and for my skill level what he put in will be fine. You'll feel a bit of me in there too. I helped." She said softly, smiling.

Kavala glanced at Leto then, getting a sense of something from him that didn't necessarily match Ronan's words. He was quiet, but it was the ones that didn't talk much you had to watch out for. She wondered what his situation was, but didn't comment nor pry. It wouldn't make much sense to anyhow. He'd talk to her if he wanted too. If he didn't, he wouldn't share his reason for being here. Being a polite Drykas, she wouldn't pry either.
Please Note:
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ronan on January 7th, 2012, 10:13 pm

"Karjin... he said he would dock at Karjin, I'm sure of it," he said, mellowing again. Kavala seemed to have that effect on him, he thought strangely. Every time he began to worry or panic, her soothing words touched his ears like honey, caressing his jagged thoughts.

"Then you're a Web Mage too," he said, smiling back at her. "Before he left, Sama'el taught me the basics." He turned to Leto and nodded briefly. "And Leto taught me a little more." He thought on what she had just said - an early warning system. The wonders of the Web were just beginning, he was sure of it.

Ronan took a sip of wine again, gazing outside. Darkness on Riverfall. It was a beautiful city, but a static one. He doubted anything in the world compared to Endrykas, the elusive, moving city, of cloth and horsemen. There would be wonders abound, but nothing similar. Nothing like home.

"I should thank you, Kavala Denusk. I am grateful - truly grateful. You've put us up here, fed us, watered us, and taken care of our Striders. And you ask for no coin. You've shown no hesitation. I am glad to have a friend here in Riverfall."

He looked into her eyes and saw Bolden, then Vanator. How were they... how was Khiara? He sighed to himself, wondering why he kept thinking about these figures from his past.

"There was a time when I would find this situation impossible. When I couldn't even imagine sitting here, talking, drinking with you... I have Sama'el to thank for helping me, he was, at least, a part of my recovery."
Ronan
Nomadic Soul

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)