Travel Time...Delayed [Solo FB]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Travel Time...Delayed [Solo FB]

Postby Clandestine Duplais on December 18th, 2011, 1:24 am

Skill Goals: Running, evasion or dodging, unarmed Some sort of religious Lore
Summer 13th 502AV

The day had started eventfully enough, a morning game to start the day and a sore crotch for Gallo. It wasn’t an out of the ordinary day for him as he slowly picked himself off the warm stone. He grunted and cursed as he stood with a bit of a wobble.

“That really hurt that time.” Gallo almost growled.

The travel home wasn’t very long before he stepped into their cozy home. Clandestine had already began to dress, she wore something elegant, well as elegant as one can get with the allowance. She never did dresses though, in fact she always tended to resemble her brother in clothing choice.

“Its about time you arrived home. We need to hurry,” Clandestine tossed Gallo his clothes and didn’t even give him a moment to rest.

“I should invest in some loin armor.” Gallo said passively as he shut the door and stripped his shirt off once more.

“No, you should just not underestimate your opponent.” Clandestine’s response was curt as she began to tie her long, braided hair up.

Gallo responded with a short snicker. The two dressed in silence as they prepared theme selves to at least look presentable within their role model’s home. Vermsinthe had told them both he would not be in attendance and to prey extra hard for him. Gallo wore a clean shirt and a fine pair of tailored pants. He ran his fingers through his hair and stroked them back, the natural oils made the mistreated hair into spikes that hung almost at his shoulder.

“You ready?” Clandestine asked impatiently.

“Yes, yes, so impatient.” Gallo grinned at Clandestine as he wrapped his feet in cloth.

Her brother’s nonchalant attitude toward the visit to the sacred temple appalled Clandestine. How could her brother, a devoted follower of Rhysol like herself, be so passive about everything? Gallo straightened his torso, dressed not to impress, but still practical for what they needed. Gallo, knew his attitude annoyed his sister and he used it as best as he could to torment her.

“I’m ready sis,” Gallo walked to the door and pulled it open, “Ladies first.”

Gallo attempted to act proper and snobbish, Clandestine scoffed and began to walk toward the door.

“If that is the case, you should be the one out the door.” Gallo, perked a brow with his grin.

“Rawr,” he said almost as a whisper.
That got a reaction from Clandestine, which Gallo was ready to block. Her fist flew through the air aimed for his crotch again.

Their bodies met with a dull thud, “Uh hu, fool me once, but twice not going to happen. Besides, do you really want to initiate combat--”

Gallo ducked and let Clanestine’s fist hit wood. Gallo knew she was still peeved from the previous game of hide and seek. “Easy sister you might hurt yourself.”

Gallo, from his crouched position pushed up quickly and shoved Clandestine out the door way and into the street. Gallo shut and locked the door behind him as Clandestine began to run toward the dock that they used. Gallo soon followed and barely dodged a few who walked slowly in the opposite direction. They grumbled and shouted at Gallo, who didn’t stop to pay any mind to them.

Clandestine giggled as she ran, Gallo in chase after her. Both dodged people as they ran, Clandestine could see the dock and the boat attached to it. People of all sorts were within it, there would probably be many stops along the way and was almost full. Clandestine arrived at the dock and was allowed on board.

Gallo however, was stopped by the guard, “This boat is filled.”

“Gahh what?” Gallo sounded like a kid who had just been told he couldn’t have that new toy in the window.

The guard shoved Gallo away, which made him land on his rump with an oof. Gallo growled and looked up the guard, he didn’t want to push his luck and meant no disrespect to them.

“You will have to wait for the next one boy.” The guard said almost as curt as her sister.

Gallo stood back up and dusted himself off, “I am not a boy, “ He spoke under his breath, “My name is Gallo Duplais.”

The guard grunted and Gallo paid it no mind. As the boat began to drift away, Clandestine shouted at him, “Hey maybe you can beat me if you ran to the temple instead. Could be great fun with all the people out and about I mean.”

Clandestine’s laughed carried over the water perfectly, “That sneaky ass.”

It was then Gallo realized that was her plan from the start, he made her run around town now it was his turn. Gallo grunted and began to jog away from the dock and penetrated into the outer area of the city. He ran and dodged as many people as he could, the crowd was thick. But as he rounded the corner he found himself in a sea of people. The market district was busy with people from all walks of life. Gallo knew he had to tread lightly or risk a bump with the wrong person. He began to navigate through the maze of people that consistently changed routes at a quick rate. The market district was always the pretties to walk through when the businesses were closed. He dodged many hidden obstacles that manifested almost as quick as his movements.

By the time he broke the crowd of people, his sweat had made itself quite noticeable on his shirt. He could hear many people as they yelled and protested his movements through the crowd, but he didn’t care of the mischief he caused. All that was on his mind was the sight of the black marble floor that rolled throughout the temple. He could almost see the image of Rhysol, depicted on the massive dome of the temple’s roof. He dreamed of it and most of all he lived it.

Gallo might have been kind, but he didn’t just worship Rhysol he lived it unconditionally. He was humble when he needed to be or was of great benefit to him to make a great first impression. Soon the domed rooftops could be seen and Gallos visions of imagery could be lived once again. Gallo found his way to the temple’s entrance and slowed his pace for the guards. He gave them a nod, before he began to walk at a brisk pace. He practically burst through the doors, which caused the people who peppered the pews to stop and look at Gallo.

He felt the eyes on him as he panted and scanned the crowd for Clandestine. He wiped the sweat from his brow, grinned and waved at the people who continued to stare at him. He did not apologize for his loudness but instead found Clandestine and walked over to her...

Still going...
Last edited by Clandestine Duplais on January 24th, 2012, 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clandestine Duplais
Player

Words: 73447
Joined roleplay: December 3rd, 2011, 12:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Travel Time...Delayed (solo)

Postby Clandestine Duplais on January 17th, 2012, 7:13 pm

Gallo slid into the seat Clandestine had chosen, “What was that about?”

Gallo whispered, even still, some people appeared to be agitated. “Shush, it’s best you don’t say anymore. You already disturbed the patrons enough.”

Gallo growled in his throat, but looked around. His eyes fall on the people who either praise or ask for something personal. Blindness, Gallo felt those who spend all of their time in the temple missed the purpose of the establishment. Clandestine sat reverently as she droned off prayers in her head. Gallo however, sat back leisurely as if in a common room. Clandestine eyed him with daggers.

Gallo’s eyes traveled up to the top of the dome, the delicate picture of Rhysol in all of its truthful beauty. Gallo stared at the picture and closed his eyes. While his eyes were closed, he reflect on all the wonderful things of the city. Safety, places to live, power, and an all around great city to live within. Gallo, didn’t care about the rest of the people around him as he stood back up and yelled, “Thank you for all that you’ve given us.”

Happy, Gallo left the temple, to the shocked looks of his sister and possibly even a few people who speckled the pews. Gallo walked out and into the cool breeze before he caught another boat back to their area. He sat silently as the boat drifted through the city. His eyes roamed over the beauty of the island and fleetingly wondered about the outside world. But he kept himself from lingering on the thought for to long. The nastiness he has heard from others made him feel depressed and even more blessed to be a part of Ravok.
Clandestine Duplais
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Clandestine Duplais on January 17th, 2012, 8:10 pm

Happy, Gallo left the temple, to the shocked looks of his sister and possibly even a few people who speckled the pews. Gallo walked out and into the cool breeze before he caught another boat back to their area. He sat silently as the boat drifted through the city. His eyes roamed over the beauty of the island and fleetingly wondered about the outside world. But he kept himself from lingering on the thought for to long. The nastiness he has heard from others made him feel depressed and even more blessed to be a part of Ravok.

Gallo made his way through the busier market streets as the day grew older. The sun had already begun its decent when he stepped into their humble adobe. He looked over at the map, left open from the mornings activities. Clandestine hadn’t arrived home, perhaps she was out to prey longer. Possibly even to ask for forgiveness for Gallo’s out burst in a solemn place of worship.

Gallo slumped into the desk chair and began to straighten what was left strewn about. He looked over at Clandestine’s pristine desk, “Pfft, why bother being neat?”

He spoke to no one in particular as he finished his cleaning task, left with the book of cryptography on his desk. He picked it up and began to read where he left off. He could understand what was being said through each chapter and couldn’t wait to try them out. He read more of the basics such as block texts, symbols, shifts, and he pondered to himself.

“I wonder if a key could be also encoded in allegory?” He dipped the quill into the ink and began to scribble out his notes.

Half way through, he paused as an idea flashed across his mind’s eye. On a separate sheet of scrap paper he wrote out the alphabet. Under them he wrote another set of letters only shifted to the right one. As became Zs and Zs became Ys, he used that quick line of code to begin to write out his notes within his journal. It took him twice as long to write his notes but he was determined to master the principle before sun down.

Several hours passed when he finished the book and his note taking. The book closed on his desk, journal open and coded without punctuation. He had moved to the stove where ember glowed softly. He wanted the fire to be hot when Vermsinthe returned. His father always cooked for them and would make a terrific stew to enjoy. Gallo, reached for some small pieces of kindling and clumped it up into a mass.

The bundle of thin grass and twigs was dropped onto the embers and began to smoke lightly. He set two logs on either side of the kindling and began to blow at the dry bundle. The smoke grew thicker, white and choking as it blew back out into the home. He kept blowing until the smoke seemed to vanish, only to be replaced with the glimmer of flame. The fire restarted he moved to get some thicker pieces of kindling to toss onto the open flame. Soon the fire was built up to a satisfactory body, which made Gallo feel confident in carefully placing a third log across the two already placed. The fire at first seemed to go out, but Gallo had watched Vermsinthe enough to know that it was normal. The smoke began to flow from the tunnel of log before a brief glimpse of a flames tongue licked at the edge of the upper most log.

Satisfied, he looked out the window. The sun’s light was rapidly growing softer and prompted Gallo to grab a long thin piece of kindling. He lit the end with the fire he had created and moved toward some of the lamps placed through out the room. He lit them all, which casted a soft orange glow within the slightly hazed room. He blew out the kindling right before Clandestine and Vermsinthe walked into the home. Gallo stood and looked at them both for a moment. A collective silence breezed through the room as each of them analyzed each other. Their eyes looked over each other’s bodies to gauge their moods.

“Well seems you put yourself to good use. Just in time too, I was able to get a fresh rabbit to eat tonight.” Vermsinthe’s voice was the first to break the natural, brief silence.

He seemed happy and in good spirits as he walked completely into the home after Clandestine.

“Oh good, I’m starved,” Gallo responded before he walked further into the room and took a seat in a small common area.

Clandestine rolled her eyes, “Hungry from doing what? Running around, going to the temple for what minutes? What a hard day it was for you--”

“You forgot to mention you almost ruined father’s chances of having grand kids.” Gallo grumbled as he groped his crotch through the cotton pants.

“Oh don’t worry your head about that Gallo. If you’re infertile, I got one other to rely on.” Vermsinthe’s laugh filled the room.

“Yeah yeah laugh it up,” Gallo reclined in his chair, “Anything new with you two?”

Vermsinthe grunted in reply as he made his way to the area designated the kitchen. He began to set out to prepare their dinner while Clandestine moved to sit across from Gallo.

“You go first Clan,” Vermsinthe finally said while he busied himself with the rabbit carcass.

“Well after Gallo left I left the temple and enjoyed the grace of eyes all over me. Not the good kind of looks either, mostly of annoyance. Thanks bro for that.” She said sarcastically, which got Gallo to make a humorous face, “I then spent the rest of my day going around talking with merchants and hung out with some friends.”

Both Gallo and Vermsinthe grunted their approval before Vermsinthe began to explain his day. Gallo only half listened as he felt a bit on the tired side. He waited until Vermsinthe had ended his summary before he spoke up.

“I’m going to take a nap before dinner if that is okay with you both?” Vermsinthe shrugged and grunted and Clandestine snickered.

“Oh brother, how hard life is for you. Hows that book coming?” Clandestine knew Gallo didn’t like to talk about his studies in front of Vermsinthe.

Gallo paused and began to think back to what he had read in the book. He stood and walked over to his desk and picked up his journal. He turned the pages and glanced down at his writing. After a long moment he found what he had written down. At this time Vermsinthe’s attention was on him, a look of concern on his face.

Gallo only smiled, “I fidiginidigshed midigy bidigook aidignd fidigound iigidt eidignjigidoyable.”

Clandestine and Vermsinthe both looked at Gallo with a bit of confusion. The gibberish wasn’t quite what they had expected. He set down his journal and walked to where his bed was located. “I’ll be back for supper.”

Gallo left the two in silence. Clandestine looked at Vermsinthe with a questionable look to her face. Vermsinthe however, had a knowing smile on his face.

“Was that even common?” Clandestine tilted her head.

“It was, but I believe he encoded it. Excellent and simple if I may add.” Vermsinthe turned his attention back to the veggie he had been cutting.

“Well what did he say?” Clandestine stood up and moved to her father to lend a hand.

“I think he said something along the lines of ‘he enjoyed the book.’” Vermsinthe replied nonchalantly.
Clandestine Duplais
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Clandestine Duplais on January 17th, 2012, 8:53 pm

Time passed as the sun grew lower and lower to the merging point of sky and earth.
Soon darkness had fallen over the city and the folks who call it home began to slip off the streets and back to their homes. An endless cycle that Gallo didn’t mind one bit. Even though for a land hailed by the king of chaos, regularity was a blessing. Gallo stirred from his nap when he heard his father call to him.

“Gallo, food is ready. Get in here before it goes cold.” Gallo slipped out of the bed slowly waking his mind and body.

He felt well rested and ready to take on an army of golemns. As he entered the common room attached to the kitchen, the scent of fresh rabbit stew hung heavy in the air. He could smell the spices his father had used, one plus for working as a merchant. Vermsinthe often boasted he could sell a rock to someone, he was a great salesman.

“Smells delicious dad,” Gallo complimented.

“Well you have your sister to thank to, she helped.” Clandestine grinned at Gallo, like a cat gloating.

She ate a piece of meat soaked in a thick, flavorful broth, it only made his stomach growl more.

“Well thanks to whoever made it. It could be laced with poison, I’d still eat it.” Gallo chuckled as he moved to dish himself up some of the food.

“It just might be laced with poison son, you can never tell.” Gallo lips curled knowingly.

“Bah, what a horrible bluff. We all know you love me to much.” Vermsinthe chuckled at this as he sat down as well.

The chairs taken, Gallo sat on the floor, “I would love you both much more if you make it into the temple or military.”

“We’ll get there dad, I was thinking of asking the Black Sun tomorrow if I may join their ranks.” Clandestine paused as she slurped some of the broth, “I would of done it today if it wasn’t for the embarrassment.”

Vermsinthe chocked and chuckled, Clandestine had surely told him about Gallo’s antics. Gallo only ate his stew in silence with a hard glare at Clandestine.

“Well that is all good, but how are your combat skills doing?” Vermsinthe looked at Clandestine and Gallo respectively.

“It’s going well, when I don’t get slammed to the crotch.” Gallo muttered, which garnered a snicker from Clandestine.

“Well Gallo, perhaps you need to take that information of dirty fighting and plan to anticipate or fix that problem.” Vermsinthe sat back as he ate.

Gallo grumbled and seemed to slump a bit, “The blame isn’t all yours son. You sound like you need work on formal combat. True I’ve said that formal is out of the question in a real battle, but when it is among friends try not to play dirty.” His eyes looked over at Clandestine.

Both Gallo and Clandestine seemed a bit deflated after that, they knew it was true. Vermsinthe pondered a moment before he set down his bowl and stood up. He wandered to his room, the only formal room in the apartment, and soon returned with strange shaped sword. The blade was curved much like a hook. The circular shape continued at the guard of the sword where hooked protrusions shielded the wielder’s hands. At the base of the handle was a vicious in looks spike.

Both Gallo and Clandestine had seen it before and began to become excited, “Its been a while since I’ve brought this out. Perhaps a bit of one on one is in store for the both of you tomorrow.”

Gallo took another bite of his stew when Vermsinthe swung the hooked sword up at the rafters. The tip embedded itself into the wood and hung suspended as Vermsinthe sat back down.

“Does that mean you have a day off tomorrow?” Clandestine chimed in as she attempted to conceal her excitement.

“Indeed it does.” Vermsinthe grinned at them both, “you’d better not hold back. Might as well make good use of our health benefits.”
Clandestine Duplais
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Lazybones on January 21st, 2012, 6:14 pm

Thread Complete!

Notes: "I finished my book and found it enjoyable!" Love it, haha! I looove puzzles. I hope you put more encryptions in your future threads. I'll give you points for them, plus I love figuring them out. ^_^

My one hangup about this thread is that sometimes I can't tell who's speaking. Remember that although you do start a new paragraph for a new speaker, someone who is still talking can have all their dialog in on paragraph if he's speaking on the same subject. Also, I love that your threads take me on a tour of Ravok. I'd love to see the canals be part of their adventures too! Ravosala race anyone?

Gallo
Award :
Skills: Cryptography +2, Running +2, Unarmed Combat +1, Acrobatics +1

Lores: Guard Your Loins, High Speed Mischief, Tending a Fire, Religion: Rhysol
I am a friendly fascist. I am a tyrant that you should trust. And you should let me run your life, because I do know what is best for you.

RavokBlack SunEbonstryfeRhysolThe VoiceRavok IC
Lazybones
Could be wrong, should be right.

Words: 80514
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2012, 9:56 pm
Race: Staff account
Office