You’re a Thief? Could’ve fooled me.(Danck)

Darik causes a bit of trouble and drags another into it.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Darik on December 20th, 2011, 5:14 am

oocYa Danck, I know it’s late, but better late than never. :P
Date: 5th Winter 5011
Pc’s: Darik and Danck (They sound the same! D:))

Darik had his eyes set on a certain inhabitant of Sunberth. He hadn’t been much into stealing since he had gotten his job, but he did it every now and then as a recreational sport. He needed to make sure if he ever got fired he would still have the necessary skills to survive on his own. But now that he didn’t do it purely for the money he could choose easier targets. Like the small little boy farther ahead of him on the street.

Usually Darik didn’t rob from boys, there weren’t enough of them in Sunberth. Infact, every time Darik saw them they were always dead and usually without a body. Also, they always seemed to be killed with the same weapon. So a certain man in Sunberth had something against young boys. Darik had never met him because he still had his head attached, but it was still odd. Why would a man ever kill young boys, the worst they can do is steal your stuff!

Now that he had a target, he needed a plan. What kind of tactic should he employ though? Overpowering usually wasn’t an option, but this boy was much shorter than him. But, every time he tried to overpower someone, even a little girl, he always ended up losing. No matter the odds he would lose, so that plan was a negative. How about a distraction though? With a distraction, maybe just maybe, the kid would be unaware of Darik sticking his hand in his pocket.

He headed off to fulfill his plan. He turned on a side street traveling on it to get ahead of the boy. He made his pace a jog, enjoying the feeling of motion on his muscles. He ran because he needed to, not because he wanted to get fit. He just ran a lot, so he was by definition fit. Having a stable income had done wonders on his body, giving him a much more stable appearance. He still wasn’t in the handsome range, but maybe that would change when his adolescence came to an end.

When he got out of the alley he was much farther than the boy. There was a chance that he could have turned off this street, but that wasn’t the time to think about it right now. He was approaching the Seaside Market and could see the faint outline of the outlaying shops. The front most shop was selling a wide range of fruits and vegetables so Darik approached it. A guard eyed him warily but he didn’t make any moves to stop Darik. He bought a watermelon for a gold miza to use in his distraction. It was a steal on the merchant’s part, but Darik let it slide with no haggling. He could easily make the money back tenfold by stealing from the boy.

He got a bit down the road before he heard a shout from behind him ”Scoundrel, you didn’t pay! Give me back that watermelon!” Darik turned around and saw the guard running at him. It took him a moment to process this information. How could he have possibly not paid the merchant? Unless…ohh. He must have accidentally given him one of the fake gold mizas made out of bottlecaps. It was a complete accident, Darik actually had meant to pay that for real.

But now that he had successfully((accidentally)) tricked the merchant, he might as well try to keep his booty. He swiveled around and took off. Only problem, he was still carrying the melon. He could have easily outrun the guard, that was in full armor, regularly, but a huge heavy thing occupied his arms. The feet only go as fast as the arms were swinging, and his arms were barely making any motion. He needed to get rid of the melon, else he may be paying more than just a miza.

Up the road came the boy. He must have been surprised at seeing Darik because he stopped for a second. He had a perfect idea to get the guard off his tail. He threw the melon straight at the boy removing the weight that had hampered his speed. ”It’s your problem now!” If the boy turned around he would see Darik running off into the distance waving goodbye to him. If he kept looking at him after that, he would have seen Darik wipeout.

He turned around too late. He came much to close to a wall and had to turn too quick. This threw him out whack and into a garbage can. He hit it and tumbled down. One of his knees skidded painfully against the ground as he hit the dirt. The pain shot through him like fire, but he gritted his teeth and kept running. He knew he could work through it, he had ran through worse injuries than this.

Alleys and roads flew past him as he ran. He let the wind take him were he went, he didn’t care were he headed. He just needed to make sure the guard wouldn’t catch up to him. He passed countless alleys and houses though sometimes he would accidentally go in a rectangle or a circle. Soon he was beat out and tired. He stopped, looking for a landmark. He couldn’t see anything recognizable. Was he…lost?

oocYa I switched up the plan, but it’s much more interesting this way. :D Also I was a bit tired when I wrote this so it may have some repeating sentences on accident.
Darik
Troublemaker

Words: 231903
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2011, 5:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Danck on December 22nd, 2011, 10:49 pm

Danck was just skulking in the back alley's of sunberth rummaging a little bit through the thrash for something that still looked good enough to eat or something that looked halfway valuable he could pawn for some other coins, maybe even find some poor sod that he could stab in the back and strip of everything that even had a chance of being of any value of the dying sods body. Well if he was lucky and the sod didn't stab him first.

Danck straightened up and looked up from the small piece of thrash he had been rooting through as he heard loud footfalls come close very quickly. He silently skulked towards the shadows and tried to hide himself from vieuw as he waited for a few moments waiting for the person to come around the corner. He was just in time to because only a few moments later a boy that looked to be somewhere around his age walked around the corner, looking tired and beat and came to a stop before looking around with a bewildered look on his face. A grin came on his face as it clicked in danck's mind. The poor sod probably ran away from something and didn't have a clue where the hell he was. Dancks mind quickly tried to come up with a plan to try and get some miza's out of the boy's pockets and into his when his eye fell on the boy's wounded knee. Causing everything to fall into his place. And his plan didn't even involve stabbing the guy.

Danck stepped out of his hiding place while making sure to keep his dagger in plain view, he didn't want that kid to suddenly try to attack him with his dagger just because he looked an easy target.
“you look kinda lost. Don't wanna meet whatever trouble you where running away from if you ran blindly into the alley. You never know what or who you meet in those darker parts of the alley’s these day's.” Danck walked a bit closer towards darrik, stopping more or less 2 arm lengths away from him.
“So who are you anyway?”
Danck
Player

Words: 25697
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2011, 9:51 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

Postby Darik on January 7th, 2012, 4:30 pm

Nothing he knew registered in his eyes. Not even the boy who stepped out from the shadows. Darik had to suppress his giggles when he saw what he carried. He thought he was going to kill Darik! Such a foolish endeavor, if he even swung it a corpse would be littering the street, and it wouldn’t be Darik’s.

He got closer and closer, and stopped within conversation difference. Looks like the boy had some sense in him. ”Who said I was running? For all you know, I could be fast walking. It just depends on your perspective. Now put away your knife, your probably poke your eye out with it.” It was true, most beginner thieves died of their daggers instead of others meddling.

After the boy had put away his dagger, because otherwise Darik would have to take it from him, he answered his other question. “You know, Sunberth is still such a large place and everyone still hasn’t figured this out yet. Lovely, isn’t it? Well, my name’s Darik, and let me let you know right now: its one of my aliases. So trying to find more about me would be impossible.” Instead of giving a different name, he just gave Darik. Why not? It was amusing to see other people try to wade through his truths and lies.

”Now, I have a feeling you didn’t come here just to say hello. Unless you did, in which case please ignore my next question. What do you want? Who the hell are you? And why have I not killed you for interrupting my cooldown?” Darik really needed to learn how to make friends. He had the social skills of a homeschooler, without the brains of one. But he didn’t care if he was being mean, he would never admit it, but he was tired. When he got tired, his temper fuse shortened to about a centimeter.
Darik
Troublemaker

Words: 231903
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2011, 5:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Danck on January 13th, 2012, 11:09 pm

Danck just rolled his eyes as the boy in front of him began to deny the fact he had been running, beginning to pull things out of his arse to make his vieuw seem right.
“Well from my perspective you where running and I haven't even pulled out my dagger yet. I'm not planning on attacking you to be honest, seems way to much of a hassle.” Danck said in a blunt tone, When the boy, darik he called himself, claiming it was an alias danck just shook his head at his own rotten luck, seemed he had run into a smartass without the smarts to actually pull it off, making him just a regular ass. The idea of an alias was to make people believe it was your real name, so directly saying it was an alias was either him not grasping the idea behind it, his trying to boast or just both.
“Most likely because there isn't anything interesting to find.” Danck said in a deadpan tone just raising an eyebrow and giving the boy another glance before shrugging, the boy didn't look to dangerous and the fact he was breathing heavily was fairly obvious. So he doubted darik would be able to do anything but throw dirty words at him for a while.

“Well your completely wrong, just saw you running into the alley and you didn't look like a mindless thug or a slaver and you looked as if you didn't have a clue about where you ended up and I thought I would point you the way out of this place before you bring whatever trouble you have on your tail here.” Danck grinned, the ugly scar's on his face stretching in unpleasant way's. “And I'm called danck, a doctor of some sorts. Which probably is a good reason for not to kill me, unless you want the other good old doctor operating on you. The man is good but your just as likely to end up wishing you died on his table.”
Danck
Player

Words: 25697
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2011, 9:51 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet