[The White Swan Inn] Pillow Talk [Kamalia]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Jaeden Kincade on December 20th, 2011, 5:48 pm

7th of Winter, 511 A.V.

Jaeden slowly moved through the city, his hood hanging over his head as a shadow was cast over his face, hiding his features. So far he was good. No one had noticed he had returned to the city save for a couple of the city guard who knew him through Winter, one of Syliras’ knights. He had wondered how he and his sister Summer had been doing, but wasn’t about to let people know fully that he was back in Syliras. It wouldn’t be a long stay anyways. He had just returned to grab a few supplies and then make his way out of the city again.

In the end, he just didn’t want to end up getting caught up in negotiations of sticking around the city. Chances were he’d be susceptible to them. He slowly looked down at Red giving her a soft smile as he led Fortunado through the streets, lightly navigating his way around other citizens coming his way. “Why are you keeping your face hidden?” Red asked, curious about such.

“You know how many women in Syliras want to sleep with me again?” Jaeden said, slowly shaking his head. “We’d be here for a half a season.”

“Can’t you just explain to them that you don’t work at the Soothing Waters anymore?” Red then asked, looking around.

“Yeah, because that worked so well the last time we were here.” Jaeden said, rolling his eyes as his turned his body to avoid bumping shoulders with another.

“Wait, so you mean to tell me that when you sent me to check the roads outside the city on my own, and said you were checking on the status of an order you had put in…?” Red said, a slight confused expression on her face.

“Yep. Sliding up into a former client.” Jaeden said simply.

“You were gone for seven bells.” Red then pointed out.

“She had a cake to finish off.” Jaeden replied.

“Wait. What?” Red said, shaking her head. “That doesn’t even make sense.”

“Let’s just say, we don’t want to run into any of my former clients, and leave it at that.” Jaeden finally said, giving a sagely nod. “For now, let’s just go and get lodgings.”

“Fine, are we going put up Fortunado at Windmount again?” Red said.

“Nooooooooo. All my clients know to check there to see if I’ve come into town.” Jaeden said, shaking his head. “Someplace new this time.”

“What did you have in mind then?” Red asked.

Jaeden then reached out, snagging Red by her waist as he pulled her in close for an embrace. She looked up at him surprised for a moment, wondering what machinations were running through his head. “How about something a little upscale this time. Soft beds, nice meals. Private room where I can give you a little pampering?” Jaeden suggested. “The White Swan Inn has it’s own stables.”

Red gave a little smile, imagining it all for a moment as she slowly began to melt into Jaeden’s embrace, laying her cheek along his chest. Then a blink of awareness brought her back to staring up at Jaeden again. “Wait, didn’t you say once that White Swan employs mainly the widows of Sylirian Knights?” Red then asked. “Weren’t most of your clients at the bathhouse widows?”

Jaeden’s eyes went wide for a moment before his head dropped, letting out a heavy sigh. “Shyke, you’re right.” Jaeden said as he rubbed his chin for a moment. “Well, I’ve never stayed there before. Perhaps none of them have come to the Waters. We’ll at least check it out.”

“Okay, but since you’ve mentioned it now. I demand pampering no matter where we end up staying.” Red said as she began to walk once again, clinging to Jaeden a little.

“Of course, of course.” Jaeden said as he began to lead the pair of them towards the White Swan Inn.

"If I were to stop and take in the gravity of any serious situation I'm in, I'd likely fall to my knees from being overwhelmed by it. Things become much easier to deal with if you simply make jokes."
Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Words: 824662
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2010, 2:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Author (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Kamalia Timandre on December 22nd, 2011, 8:56 am

Imageyliras felt lonelier than the last time she was here. The fortress city, which she once considered her second home, seemed so strange and foreign now, populated by thousands of unfamiliar faces. Home to a fifty thousand souls, Syliras brimmed with so much activity that Kamalia thought it maddening. Such a lacework of life gathered together in the citadel often made for a wide variety of denizens, complete with their own personal drama, all unfolding in a chorus. Yet for all its bustle and life, the stone city felt colder, and lonelier than ever.

It was not too long ago when she and her bondmate, Gromhir, had come to Syliras together to find a new home, to carve out a new life, after her fateful exile from the Konti Isle. The sorceress could never walk its streets now without a pang of sadness, without remembering such joyous times when things were less complicated. After they won the Game, they all had to part ways, and everything changed drastically since then.

She returned here in the hopes of finding Stitch, and forging alliances with people who might help in her goal to overcome Sagallius. But to her dismay, her sightless friend was nowhere to be found. The Welcome Home Orphanage, once ran by Stitch, was now under the supervision of another person. Kamalia had the opportunity to speak with Fentya, the eldest of the orphans, and the precocious girl informed her of an attack on the orphanage one night, and how it burned down. The girl also said something about a certain Nuit lady, their caretaker who disappeared on the same night. Stitch was gone, and the children never heard from him since. Kamalia wondered where destiny had taken the blind man.

Saddened by the news, the Konti had also looked into the Soothing Waters Bath and Massage, to inquire about her younger sister, Aselia, who worked at the establishment as a masseuse. A young man ran a quick eye over her, and told her politely that she had resigned seasons ago. She had likely moved to another city, too, he almost ominously added. Kamalia had no idea where Aselia would go. That girl was wild and unpredictable, and was sometimes stubborn as mule, but she trusted that her sister’s intuition and determination would lead her to safe paths. Young though she was, Aselia could do anything if she put her mind to it.

It occurred to her, suddenly and forcefully, that here in the city of humans, she was truly alone. On top of it all, she was running out of gold mizas, which she needed badly to buy food and rent a roof to stay under for the night. Technically, most of the city did have a roof, but she did not relish the idea of sleeping on the sidewalks, and getting the attention of some puffed up knight.

“Wizards cannot live on magic and pride alone,” she muttered half to herself in her native tongue, and to the elaborate cedar staff she held. Kamalia pulled the hood of her white cloak from her head, and silvery white hair shimmered to her waist.

So here she was, at the lobby of one of the finest lodgings in the city. The rich smell of roasting meat came to her, reminding her how hungry she was. She sighed, and then cleared her throat, before approaching the person in charge—a tough-looking woman who commanded the kitchen staff with the authority and efficiency of a knight captain. “A fair night to you, madam. Forgive me for being intrusive. I am a songstress from the White Isle. For a small meal and a modest room, I would enthrall your patrons with Kontinese music. Even the storeroom would do. It is not every day the knights get to hear a Konti perform, is it?”
Kamalia Timandre
I send a hail of burning ice!

Words: 254985
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2009, 8:37 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (4) Advocate (1)

Postby Jaeden Kincade on December 22nd, 2011, 7:19 pm

Red slowly tugged at Jaeden’s sleeve as they entered, Jaeden slowly reaching down with his other hand to strap down his sword into its sheath, peace binding it before he slowly turned his gaze towards her. “Yes?” Jaeden said casually.

“Their advertisement said they had their own bathhouse here.” Red said, looking up at him with a glimmer in her eyes. “Can we get a private one?”

“I’m sort of counting on it. We’re not so dirty that we can’t eat here, but there’s still a bit of grime I’d like to get off before we settle in for the night.” Jaeden said as he soon stopped near the reception area, falling silent as the tone of a familiar voice began to ring in his eyes. “Wait, I recognize that voice.”

His gaze soon flowed over the curves of figure draped in white gowns in front of him, the flowing white hair practically blending in with the fabric. Eventually the gaze stopped on one area along the female’s lower body as Jaeden’s head tilted to the side in a short stare. “I recognize that ass.” Jaeden mumbled another moment.

Jaeden slowly walked up to the counter, his ears twitching slightly as he heard the Konti he hadn’t seen in some time speak of working in exchange for food and lodging. He remember their last encounter, and how it ended, but in the end all he could do was hang his head, and reach into the small pouch at his waist, pulling out a handful of gold mizas. “She won’t be needing the store room,” Jaeden said simply, stepping beside the Kontie as Jaeden laid down thirty miza’s on the counter. “The songstress will be staying with my companion and I.”

Jaeden slowly looked over, gazing down to Kamalia at that point, but precariously kept his crotch pointed away from her with a cautious look in his eyes. “Provided she doesn’t steal my fish this time.” Jaeden said, raising a brow at Kamalia. “You know how difficult it is to fish with the flesh on your hand cut down to almost the bone and sword wound to the shoulder?”

As soon as Kamalia slowly began to turn a leg, Jaeden quickly stepped behind Red, shielding the family jewels as his hands rested along Red’s shoulders. “What are you doing?” Red said, looking over her shoulder and up at Jaeden.

“Just being cautious. You’re good at blocking kicks.” Jaeden replied to Red before looking up to Kamalia once again. “You want to get some dinner with us?”

"If I were to stop and take in the gravity of any serious situation I'm in, I'd likely fall to my knees from being overwhelmed by it. Things become much easier to deal with if you simply make jokes."
Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

Postby Kamalia Timandre on January 6th, 2012, 11:52 pm

Kamalia’s eyes widened at the sound of a too-familiar voice. She turned to face the ranger offering to shoulder her bills, and tried hard to veil her childish excitement behind the veneer of a serene smile. She hoped she did not look too thrilled. It was obvious, however, as her eyes brightened at the sight of him. “Master Jaeden,” she said warmly. “I had not thought our paths would cross again, here of all places. My heart is lighter for your presence,” she said softly, bowing her head in gratitude, one hand touched her heart.

“’Steal your fish?’” Kamalia blinked, and for a while she looked genuinely confused at his accusation. “I do not understand. Is that a human proverb? I will find a way to repay, of course. I do not mean to abuse your kindness,” Kamalia produced earrings of White Isle argentums from the bag at her waist, and offered them to Jaeden. The earrings were shaped like dangling lilies, and the artistry of their design was definitely of fine Kontinese craftsmanship. “If you sell these at the Bazaar, they might fetch gold enough to remunerate for the expenses of my lodging.”

Whether or not Jaeden accepted her offer, Kamalia would turn to face his Kelvic companion. There was a whisper of silk as Kamalia walked towards the Kelvic, and before the girl could react, her fingers gingerly reached for the crimson locks of her hair. Her eyes shone with amusement. “So, you have found her at last—the lady with fire-red mane,” she said contemplatively, half to Jaeden, and half to herself, before addressing the Kelvic. “The flames have shown me your role in Jaeden Kincade’s life. Your destinies are woven together in an elaborate pattern. What are you called, and what is your true form?”

If Kamalia found Jaeden blocking his family jewels from her sight hilarious, she did not show it. Instead the Konti sorceress gave him a knowing smile, as if she knew what he was thinking. “There are many things that we need to speak about, Master Jaeden. Many things,” she said softly. “But a hot bath first would be pleasant. There is a private bath ready, I trust?” A female assistant responded, and helped the Konti out of her cloak. Kamalia handed over her elaborate cedar staff—Jaeden would recognize it for what it was—for safekeeping. The sorceress listened for anything Jaeden had to say, before she followed the bath maid to one of the private bathing rooms.
Kamalia Timandre
I send a hail of burning ice!

Words: 254985
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2009, 8:37 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (4) Advocate (1)

Postby Jaeden Kincade on January 7th, 2012, 8:01 pm

Jaeden slowly looked at Kamalia’s eyes as they brightened, and again he moved a little closer to Red, his crotch pressing up against the mid of her back. He wasn’t exactly sure if she was eager to see him or excited at the chance to kick him in the balls. Twice. Again.

Jaeden slowly looked down then, as Kamalia presented her earrings to him, his brow raising up for a moment. “Kamalia, I’m a woodsman. I spend most of my time out in the wilds and get what I need there. In the end, the only reason I have coin is because I sell off meat and furs that would otherwise be wasted if I left it in the middle of the wilderness. Caiyha hates waste.” Jaeden explained, his hands still resting on Red’s shoulders. “Just keep your right foot sheathed and away from……..my sensitive areas, and we’ll consider such even, ‘kay?”

A look of confusion then crossed both Jaeden’s and Red’s face as Kamalia began to move closer, her fingers entwining Red’s hair as she began to speak both to and of her directly. “Um, my name is Red, and true form? Do you mean my animal form? It‘s a fox.” Red answered before looking up to Jaeden cautiously. “Is she coming on to me? It feels like she’s coming on to me. Do I have to have sex with her if she asks?”

“I don’t know, she’s always been a little cryptic when she gets that “deep thought” look in her eyes.” Jaeden replied to Red, rubbing her shoulders a little. “And no, you don’t have to sleep with her if she asks. Not unless you want to.”

Jaeden’s mind then went to that vision for a moment, as his head took on that sideways tilt, his mind seeing their two bodies embracing one another, limbs entwining and moans escaping as lips and hands brushed and kissed sensitive areas of the body. In the end, a relaxing sigh escaped his lips before Red’s elbow caught Jaeden’s mid-section lightly, bringing his attentions back to the present. A slow shake of his head was given as he looked to Kamalia, just catching her words of needing to speak about something.

Jaeden slowly stood up, watching as Kamalia’s items were taken for safe keeping, his eyes narrowing for a moment at the staff before he looked down to Red with a smile and gave a soft rub to her neck. “Bath sound good right now.” Jaeden said before he stripped off his weapons and gear, giving such to the attendants. “Red and I will be sharing a bath.”

Several chimes later, the steam from the bath’s waters would do little to cover Jaeden and Red as they shared the waters, cleansing themselves of several days spent in the wilds. The luxury was an unfamiliar feeling, especially to Red, but overall not one totally unnerving or shunned by the both of them. Jaeden let the only tune he knew, one he had remembered his mother hum to him for sleep, escape his throat and nose in a deep, soothing hum. His hands worked meticulously through Red’s hair, his fingertips brushing along her scalp as a lather of soap and scent of lavender lingered in the air. A relaxed smile crossed Red’s features as she leaned back into Jaeden, her hands running gently along his legs at her side.

A slow turn of his head was given to the attendant that had walked in, dropping off towels and asking to see if Jaeden needed anything further. “Yeah, head to the clothing store, unless your fine establishment has something on hand.” Jaeden said, reaching over to his coin purse as he began counting out coin, handing it off to the attendant. “Pick up the young Konti a fine dress and extend my invitation to her to join Red and I for dinner.”

Jaeden then handed the attendant the cost of the dress plus a gratuity for the work so far before looking back down to Red and continuing her scalp washing and massage. “Did you want a dress, dear?” Jaeden asked, smirking slightly.

“Why would I want something like that?” Red asked, a tone suggesting the question was ridiculous to ask in the first place. “Only time I would wear it is if you asked me to. Otherwise I would just be naked or in warm clothing out in the wilds.”

“Just thought I’d ask.” Jaeden said with a slight chuckle, tilting Red’s head back for a moment, and pressing his lips softly along hers.

About a bell later, Jaeden and Red would be seated in a table within the dining area. A place a little more off to the corner. Quieter and away from the mass of the crowd who would typically spend their dinners conversing about events surrounding Syliras and the Knights. Jaeden and Red simply waited patiently, eating a little bred and talking about where they may be traveling next as they waited for Kamalia to join them.

Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)