In Search of Acumen [Kamalia]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Bedlam on December 23rd, 2011, 6:46 am

Season of Winter, Day 40, 511 AV

The morning had been a cold one, and the morning dew had turned water to frost along the windows of the Cubacious Inn. The floor shifted, turned, as was its nature. But the rotations were calm, and many occupents slept soundly, and quietly. The sun was crisp and bright, and illuminated a brown, folded note, sealed shut with red wax.

On its back, Kamalia Timandre's name was written in crisp, professional letters, in the common tongue.

This was what it said:

Lady Timandre

We of the Asylum take special interest in those persons who excel in both the arts and hold a temperament carefully enough to make proper use of them. Your gift in the art of Reimancy has drawn the attention of the Asylum; we are a place of learning for all sorts, and we extend this invitation to you.

Our Headmaster has expressed interest in beginning a discourse that may extend to professional occupation in our humble university. There is much that we might learn from one another. The Headmaster is eager to make your acquaintance and requests that come at the earliest convenience to begin a mutually beneficial arrangement.

May You Never Stray,
Professor Tins, Acumen Asylum
Bedlam
Player

Words: 79119
Joined roleplay: June 26th, 2011, 9:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Kamalia Timandre on January 7th, 2012, 11:56 pm

Professor Tins,

I send you this letter in response to your summons. I have heard about your esteemed institute, the Acumen Asylum, and the learning and sophistication your academia imparts upon Alvads and all seekers of knowledge and scholarly pursuits, young and old alike. I am honored to receive your invitation, and I shall arrive at your establishment on the morrow, the Fortieth Sun of Winter, at the Thirteenth Bell.

May your sight be that of an infinite sea.

Sincerely,
Kamalia Timandre

Kamalia had woken up earlier today than usual, knowing how treacherous and unpredictable the streets of Alvadas could become. She did not relish the thought of getting late for her strange, unexpected appointment. Back in the White Isle, getting late for her magical studies always ended up in a harsh disciplinary action. The Konti had been walking for what seemed like hours— or has it only been minutes?—aimlessly and without direction. Sometimes, in the City of Alvadas, even the flow of time felt like an illusion. She was garbed today in an ivory brocade cloak, with silver embroidery of curling vines and flowers all along the edges, and a white silken robe that complemented her alabaster complexion. Delicate lily-shaped silver earrings dangled from her ears, and a gossamer sash encircled her waist. In her right hand, she held an elaborate cedar staff as a walking stick.

Kamalia had read the suspicious letter thrice over, dissecting each word and phrase, to find out any semblance of untruth using her innate Gift. The contents of the letter seemed genuine enough, but the sorceress wanted to be sure that this was not a multilayered trap. Agents of the Puppeteer had been known to be cunning manipulators, pulling strings from the shadows and laying strategic snares. How did the Asylum know, for example, that she was skilled in Reimancy? In any case, she had the mark of Avalis on her, and that was enough to keep away any grasping string.

Finally, she reached the gates of the fabled Acumen Asylum. The campus looked ancient, wrapped in curling ivy and vines. She approached one of the school clerks. “Oceans guard you. I am called Kamalia Timandre, and I come to answer the Headmaster’s summons,” she murmured softly, before showing the folded note she had received.
Kamalia Timandre
I send a hail of burning ice!

Words: 254985
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2009, 8:37 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Thread (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (4) Advocate (1)

Postby Bedlam on January 11th, 2012, 5:04 pm

The clerk met Kama's eyes and her mouth fell open. She took hold of the note and held onto it without looking at it. "Um." She looked away. "Uh . . ."

"Please," said a old voice, like warm cider on a cold day. "Forgive her." An old man stood, smiled beneath an overgrown bush of a mustache. "It is not every day we are honored by the hospitality of one of the Konti." He closed his eyes and bowed his head. "I am the Headmaster."

He wore a robe of purest that touched the floor and made a soft sound as he moved across the floor. "It is my duty as a host to welcome you to Acumen." The Headmaster's eyes crinkled, and the wrinkles of his pleasure spread to the whole of his face. "I can only pray that our asylum is as beautiful to you as it is to me."

He clasped his hands as though truly praying. "It would have been wrong of me to leave you to wander this place by yourself. Might we have discourse as we walk?"
Bedlam
Player

Words: 79119
Joined roleplay: June 26th, 2011, 9:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office