On the Town (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

On the Town (Open)

Postby Colt on January 11th, 2012, 3:32 am

On the Town (Open)
Winter 18th

It was bitter. He grumbled and pulled his cloak tighter around him and tried to burrow farther into his hood. As usual he had woken before dawn, but instead of rushing to distance himself from society as quickly as possible he had hung around, waiting until Syna had melted the frost and Endrykas had come to life.

Khasr was slightly tall, though his cloak made it impossible to determine anything about his build. His clothing, though tough and sturdy, was well-worn and covered in a film of dust. Everything he wore was matte, save the green cloth around his waist, and a bulging backpack was slung over his shoulder. He walked slightly bent and tense, as if he expected a glassbeak to appear from among the tents and charge him at any given moment.

He was making his way towards the center of the city, or at least somewhere near it, and his steps were unsure. To any that watched him for more than ten seconds without him shooting a glare of death their way, it would become obvious that he was not a native of the moving city, despite the green sash marking him as a native of the plains. His eyes darted to everything that moved, face a mask of dislike.

He had returned to Endrykas two days before, after an eight-day retreat in the Sea of Grass, and was taking the chance to restock and improve his tools before heading out again. He needed a new cloak, more rope, a small cauldron and pan, repairs done on his tent and bedroll, possibly a new set of clothes, some horse gear and some advice.

He didn’t like shopping, not at all, but it was necessary, and as he moved to the Ruby clan district he prayed for it to be done as quickly as possible.
“Pavi” | Grassland Sign | “Common” | “Tukant” | Nura
Colt
Miss Communication

Words: 943625
Joined roleplay: August 8th, 2011, 6:38 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Advocate (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

On the Town (Open)

Postby Scarlett Windsearcher on January 18th, 2012, 9:54 pm

Scarlett patted Rocky's golden soft neck. He was shining in the sun, and her blonde hair wafted behind like a banner shimmering ing the sun. Rokcy was trotting roughly across the plains. She watched the grass below whirring by like she was flying. She clicked her tongue and Rocky went into a full gallop going at least 60 miles per hour. She leaned forward letting the wind blow across her face.

She looked at her side and the purple sash whirred behind her letting all know she was from the Amethyst Clan. She took pride in that. She looked around for anyone else, but it seemed as if she was the only one around. She wanted to earn her windmarks desperately, but she'd always wondered how.

Scarlett looked at Rocky then sighed "Woah boy." The Strider soon slowed down to a slow walk "I think we need to head into town." The horse seemed as if he understood her perfectly. He reared up with a loud neigh full of pride, but Scarlett held on with ease. He landed then took off for the market place. She needed meat.
Pavi •●۞●• Common •●۞●• Thoughts
Scarlett Windsearcher
Player

Words: 16507
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2012, 10:51 pm
Character sheet

On the Town (Open)

Postby Colt on January 19th, 2012, 5:06 pm

This place is a petching maze, Khasr thought irritably. An hour and he seemed to have ended up everywhere except the place he was going. He’d wandered into the Topaz, Diamond and Opal districts but still had no idea where the Ruby clan was. Growling and rubbing his temple to stave off an impending headache, he set off again towards nowhere in particular.

He had eased in his time searching. He quickly picked up that if he pretended to relax then people would mostly ignore him, and after so long pretending to relax he found himself relaxing on accident.

He was just about ready to give up when he saw it: a bright red flag waving proudly in the wind. Sighing in relief, he spurred onwards with new hope that he was finally getting somewhere.
Colt
Miss Communication

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Advocate (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

On the Town (Open)

Postby Scarlett Windsearcher on January 19th, 2012, 9:58 pm

Rocky turned in the direction of the Ruby disctrict by Scarlett's orders. They usually had the best meat around, but she would only buy a little so she could buy more from The Amethyst Clan and help out her own people.

She clicked her tongue and leaned forward which was Rocky's signal to go faster. His speed increased rapidly and he charged at full speed towards the Red Flag. She closely looked around and examined he surroundings at the grasses began to fade and turn into a marketplace. She leaned up so her back was straight up and then slowky spoe to Rocky "Slow boy."

He soon was at no more than a fast walk heading towards the meat stand. She smiled as she arrived. She dismounted Rocky then whispered to him "Don't roam anywhere." She walked over and looked at the woman "I'd like one small sirloin please, raw."
Scarlett Windsearcher
Player

Character sheet

On the Town (Open)

Postby Colt on January 19th, 2012, 11:34 pm

There. A meat seller. The Ruby clan certainly didn’t have the greatest meat variety, but Khasr knew how well they could preserve it. He’s heard jokes in other clans how Ruby-made food could last for years, and though he didn’t intend to wait that long to eat it, he could definitely use something with enough quality to earn such a rumor.

There was woman at the stand speaking with the owner, and though he didn’t hear the question he approached in time to hear the reply.

“Sirloin?” the owner asked, rather incredulous. “Honey, this is a Ruby stall. You want something that fancy I’d go look in the Emerald district.”

She looked up as Khasr approached.

“Well, speak of Lhex,” she said, gesturing at his bright green sash. “He might be able to help you.”

The man stopped cold, alarmed. “What?”
Colt
Miss Communication

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Advocate (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

On the Town (Open)

Postby Scarlett Windsearcher on January 19th, 2012, 11:52 pm

Scarlett looked at the male that approached. She then looked at the women again and said "What's your cheapest piece of meat? I'm not looking to buy much." Her eyes darted to the male and then to her horse that stood there watching her, following her order. "I'd like it to be quick. I must make it home soon." She looked back at the female.

She looked down at the ground and then towards where she came from. She could still see part of the grasslands.
Scarlett Windsearcher
Player

Character sheet

On the Town (Open)

Postby Colt on January 20th, 2012, 12:04 am

“Quick, eh?” the woman said testily, raising an eyebrow. “It’d go a lot quicker if you gave me some idea of what you were looking for.”

She jerked her head at Khasr, and he almost bolted. “What do you need?”

“A week’s trail rationings, please,” he said, desiring very much not to anger her.

“That’ll be three of the gold, if you please,” she said, rooting about out of sight before producing what he had asked her.

He gave her the three mizas and stuffed the produce into his knapsack, then turned to the other shopper, an Amethyst girl.

“Er, do you know your way around this district?” he asked.
Colt
Miss Communication

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Advocate (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

On the Town (Open)

Postby Scarlett Windsearcher on January 20th, 2012, 12:21 am

Scarlett was frustrated with this lady "I'm perfectly fine. I'll just buy from my own Clan." She rolled her eyes then mounted Rocky finally paying the male some attention. "I know my way fairly easily around here." She pulled the left side of the reins and Rocky followed with the command sensing her tention. His ears went forward and he nudged Scarlett in the leg.

She sighed then looked at the male again "Why do you ask?"
Scarlett Windsearcher
Player

Character sheet

On the Town (Open)

Postby Colt on January 20th, 2012, 12:28 am

Khasr shifted uncomfortably.

“Need to find some things. Need to fix my tent, get some horse stuff, more of these.” He gestured to the javelins on his back. “More wilderness stuff if I can find it. Y’know, like traps and snares? I don’t go into many districts except Emerald very much, but the Ruby clan makes ‘em better than anyone, and I need well-made.”

He shifted again, eyes shifting and unwilling to meet her gaze. He didn’t like interacting with people, but this was a necessary sacrifice if he was to find what he was looking for.
Colt
Miss Communication

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Advocate (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

On the Town (Open)

Postby Scarlett Windsearcher on January 20th, 2012, 12:39 am

Scarlett sighed eyeing the woman at the meat stand then looked back at the male "Wouldn't it be easier to make them yourself? Wouldn't cost much. Same with the snares and traps." She smirked "Just go into the Sea of Grass and step on a glass beak egg then kill the glass beak and there's your meat. I know from experience." She laughed eyeing the glass beak eggs in her pouch.
Scarlett Windsearcher
Player

Character sheet

Next