[Flashback]Never lose a holy curiosity (Thomas Lacey)

Nai'shee was always a dreamer, and she dreamed about the sea. Thomas comes to the city with his Svefra family and Nai'shee start being talkative as usual. After a while Thomas's parents offer her to have a boat ride with them.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Nai'shee on January 18th, 2012, 2:44 pm

Timestamp: 34th of Spring, 501 AV

It was a lovely morning, here, in Zeltiva. Nai'shee was running around the docks, entertaining people or swimming since she woke up. It was usual for a Zeltivan citizen's day to begin with her cheerful "Good morning" and all the stories that goes with that. Oh, she was a real deal, when it's about lying! If she wrote down things she made up it would be a beautiful book, indeed. But she haven't any intention on doing something that would take days, even months of being calm and hardworking. So, she was just running around, like all six years old children.

Earlier she saw a house-boat coming. She was excited about possible seeing Svefra again. That beautiful race lived her dream. Their life was sailing, sailing which she never experienced and which she was dying to experience. She must find some nice people for the crew, so with the first money she earns, she's buying a boat. She promised to herself she must be the greatest sailor ever, or at least the most popular, before she dies. That was her only dream, and little poor, homeless kids do not give up one dream when they get it. They don't have opportunity to be picky. So, the Svefra boat was now at the docks and she saw a boy in the family. He was a little older then her, she was sure about it, but she still couldn't take a close look. She was already ready to talk to him.
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee
One day, you'll all know my name

Words: 240186
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 7:22 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Thomas Lacey on January 20th, 2012, 8:10 am

Thomas smiled as he pulled the sail in, the boat drifting on its own momentum into the dock. Well, he was always smiling, but one could say he was smiling more broadly. His day was going well - his family had had no storms, no attacks, no nothing, for several weeks now, and life was easy and good fun to live. He never wanted for food, thanks to the regular stops at odd towns, but the company had grown somewhat stale out on the ocean. He wasn't going to complain, he loved his father and mother - but meeting new people was always fun.

The boat bumped gently against the dock, his father jumping off and securing it to the mooring - a post that was also holding up the wooden platform. He'd heard Zeltiva was a cultural mecca, but for a port town their docks could have been improved. He looked around, smiling slightly as he always did and radiating calm as he went about securing the ship, lowering the sail among other things. For a moment, he thought he saw someone staring at him, but he dismissed the sight as his own imagination.

It wasn't until five minutes later when he turned around and she was standing by the ship that he really noticed her. But then, if someone walked into your front yard, wouldn't you notice them? He greeted her and strolled across the deck. "Hello! Did you want something?"
Last edited by Thomas Lacey on January 23rd, 2012, 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thomas Lacey
I like the sea. It's big and open.

Words: 2370
Joined roleplay: January 2nd, 2012, 11:17 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet

Postby Nai'shee on January 21st, 2012, 10:56 pm

She almost haven't noticed that she was getting closer and closer to the boat. She haven't seen house-boat for a while now, this means Svefra are in city again! And nothing less then new Svefra. That might mean she can make friends with them or even join the crew. But sailing on the house-boat wasn't really what her dream was. She wanted dangerous adventures on the sea, with lots of fights, or treasure seeking, something she'd be remembered for.

"Hey there!", she replied, exited about meeting new sailors. "I just noticed you're new here, and I wanted to meet you! I know all sailors who come here often. I guess you're Svefra? You're awesome, I'd like I was Svefra... You know, I will be sailor some day! It's my dream! By the way, it's Nai'shee, what's your name?"
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Thomas Lacey on January 23rd, 2012, 11:07 pm

Thomas chuckled quietly at her enthusiasm. even someone as young as him could recognize a dreamer when he saw one. He called his father - "Hey, dad! I'm done mooring the ship, is it okay if I go exploring?" Permission given, he jogged down the gangplank and onto the wooden dock, holding his hand out to this friendly little girl. "I'm Thomas. Thomas Lacey. If you want to be friends, I've got time to look around. How about this? You show me your city, and I'll show you my boat."

He wondered at the infectious enthusiasm of this girl – he found himself almost babbling, insofar as he ever babbled, in his enthusiasm. Normally, he'd have waited to be invited on such things as tours of an entire city, but he figured he may as well take a look around and get to know the place for as long as he was letting his judgement slip like this.
Thomas Lacey

Character sheet

Postby Nai'shee on January 24th, 2012, 1:18 pm

When he said that her mind blocked. She ended up holding his hand with a silly smile for a few seconds. She was always declined if she asked to see a boat from closer, not to mention being friends with Svefra. It took her a while before she could realize what was going on.

"Really?", she murmured with excitement. "I... I would love to! You couldn't find a better guide!"

She was really proud about her knowledge about the city. She knew every little street, shop or house, and, of course, all the hideouts around there. She spent all her life here, and she was sneaky and curious, and she had to run from guards often, so she knew city better then anyone here.

"So... where shall we go then?", she asked herself out loud. "Old Quarter will be! All of important places are around there. But it's on the other side of the city. That's probably the oldest place here, and aboard is famous University of Zeltiva. Do you just want to lionize or I can show you the rest of the city? I personally like some places more, these I like to play at!"
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Thomas Lacey on February 10th, 2012, 3:26 pm

Thomas chuckled at the little girl's enthusiasm, amused by her limitless need to please a total stranger. "Okay, anywhere you want to take me, I'll go," he conceded. "I don't really know the city that well, so maybe we should start from the entrance. What's past the docks here?" he prompted her, before she could get totally caught in her own hyperactive train of thought.

Today was going pretty well, actually. He'd been here five minutes and already he'd made a friend, albeit a potentially annoying one.
Thomas Lacey

Character sheet

Postby Nai'shee on February 10th, 2012, 3:46 pm

She took a deep breath before answering. She really should calm down a bit. Question about entrance stunned her for a second, because Zeltiva haven't really had any official entrance. She have never been to any other city, but she was aware it was usual to have official entrance.

"Well, you see, Zeltiva doesn't have any. At least not official. People come trough docks when sailing or just enter at random street when traveling other ways. But they usually come by boat, terrain is very steep for walking."

She tried to see barely visible other side of city, but it was impossible because she was at the lowest point, at docks. She gave boy a quick sign to follow her and directed their way to The Temple of Laviku which was closer then The Old Quarter.

"I know what will you like. It would be a shame for Svefra to visit city and don't see The Temple of Laviku. The place is beautiful, it's almost like Laviku designed it himself. But, how could I know, anyways?", she wrinkled at herself saying such a things. "Just follow me", she concluded with a smile.

Thomas followed her. Soon, the giant temple made of fine limestone was rising before their eyes. Even nor Nai'shee couldn't allow it's beauty to takes her over, mostly because she have seen the building dozen times in her life, some of it's magic remained. Some half-nostalgic feeling drawing her to sea whenever she comes here. She looked at corals and shells, and old, shattered parts of boats, but nothing was special to her except energy this place woke. However, boy's reaction will be something special, so she turned to see it.
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Thomas Lacey on March 11th, 2012, 12:26 am

Thomas followed the little girl, the thought crossing his mind more than once that she may be leading him to some kind of trap, perhaps to her cutthroat parents or to some gang of older children. Still, if he was going to be mugged they'd soon see he carried none of his family's money. He wasn't old enough yet to be trusted with any more than necessary to buy the supplies for the journey to the next port. He looked around him, the gentle smirk never leaving his face as he basked in the sun of this newfound, beautiful city.

Suddenly, she stopped. And boy, did she pick a good place to stop.

The giant cathedral in front of him was awe-inspiring. The white limestone walls rose up way above his head, rearing over him in fluid arcs like ocean waves. The building appeared to be made of arches made out of arches, curving in on themselves forever. He imagined the effect from above might be a series of waves circling around in a tight little circle.

"This place is impressive. This is the temple to Laviku?" he asked, a tiny bit of wonder still in his voice.
Thomas Lacey

Character sheet

Postby Nai'shee on March 12th, 2012, 6:56 pm

"Yeah", she managed to say proudly. In the times like this she was really proud of her city. It's beauty was more than tourists could stand, but she noticed Ethaefals, Vanthas and Kontinesse not being that much impressed. However, it was heaven for Svefra who usually traveled trough Suvan Sea. It could be so nice for them here, but Suvan Sea was still the epicenter of sailing and trading, so it wasn't that weird. She left a gentle step forth, she didn't want to force the boy to follow immediately if he wanted to watch more, but she wanted to lead him straight there to be able to touch and smell all the beauties of the Sea God. "Do you want to enter?"
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Thomas Lacey on May 29th, 2012, 9:07 am

Thomas blinked, snapped out of his trance by the girl's voice. "Yeah, yeah, I would." They headed towards the entrance, the sun bouncing brightly off of the walls, the waves of the building seeming to move with the wind as they got closer and closer, despite it obviously being made of limestone.

As they reached the doors, Thomas stopped. "So... can we just go in? Do we have to knock or ask permission?"

oocSorry! Sorry! Carry on!
Thomas Lacey

Character sheet

Next