{The Rearing Stallion} Wanderings [Alexis Whitewave]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Robyn on January 21st, 2012, 12:11 am

20th Winter 511 AV

Wow. Robyn walked down a street, her ice blue colored eyes looking about at all the surrounded her in amazement. Real civilization does exist. For the past…well Robyn didn’t really know for sure how long…but for a long time Robyn had been traveling the world without seeing much of any kind of civilization. Sure she had spotted a few small civilizations here and there, but nothing as huge as…as this!

This is good. Robyn nodded to herself as she walked down the street some more. She watched as people walked about, all with completely different destinations. Some people were mingling with others. Life was happening. Maybe I’ll find what I’m searching for here.

As she walked she spotted a red and white sign up ahead. Robyn squinted her eyes a bit to see the sign better since she was still a bit far off. But as her legs carried her closer to the sign she was able to make out a carving of a horse and the word ‘tavern’ written underneath it. Huh, a tavern. Several people walked in and out of the tavern, some looking to be in good shape…others not so much.

Well…food and a good drink certainly wouldn’t hurt. Robyn grabbed her coin purse which was tucked away between her breasts. She did not own a belt to tie her purse to and carrying it around would be an annoyance and a hassle. Robyn saw no problem storing her purse where she was positive very few thieves were going to easily grab. With her purse in her hand Robyn peeked inside the small purse to see how much coin she owned. She didn’t have a lot, but she had enough for now.

Decided, Robyn approached the tavern. She had to step aside to let two people pass before she pushed opened the door and stepped within The Rearing Stallion. Robyn was immediately hit with a strong odor of alcohol and food. Keeping to herself Robyn slowly walked further into the tavern, glancing about at everything that was going on, not truly watching where she was going. Her interests lay with the various different people at the tables.
Robyn
Player

Words: 3777
Joined roleplay: January 19th, 2012, 8:38 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Journal

Postby Alexis Whitewave on January 21st, 2012, 12:55 am

Alexis was sitting in the far end out the tavern, beside the fire. The warm orange glow softened her lightly tanned features and made her aqua blue eyes sparkle. The young girl was sitting back in her chair, sipping a mug of ale. One would describe her as looking utterly carefree. One arm held the mug of ale in her hand and the other hung limply at her side, lightly clutching a makeshift rope-turned-leash. At the end of the rope was a young desert dog, perhaps on a few moons old. Alexis was quite obviously still not used to having the young dog with her, but seemed to have let go of most of her worries for the night.

Her eyes flicked upwards as a girl, probably not too much older, walked into the tavern. She had an almost astounded air about her, as if she had never been anywhere like here before. The girl looked lost, so Alexis called out to her. It was late and the tavern was beginning to get quite crowded – it was not unheard of for complete strangers to share tables. ”Well, someone’s obviously quite new here.” she said with a teasing smile as the strange girl sat down. As soon as the girl had come close enough Alexis had been struck with some sort of inhuman nature about the way the girl acted – as if she were not human, though she shrugged it off. Don’t judge lest ye be judged yerself she quoted the old saying to herself, albeit it was slightly misquoted the message was still the same.

”I’m Alexis, by the way” she said with a grin and a quirk of the eyebrow.

OOCHope you don't mind the liberties I took - I sort of assumed Robyn would sit down. If you had other ideas I'll change it
School's back up so I'm kind of swamped with homework and study; I will try and get on as much as I can but no promises.
Alexis Whitewave
Call me Lexi~

Words: 24189
Joined roleplay: January 2nd, 2012, 6:16 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Journal

Postby Robyn on January 21st, 2012, 3:36 am

There were various different kinds of strangers lingering at the tables within the tavern. Some of the people looked friendly, but most Robyn chose not to go up to merely because she didn’t want to start trouble with some axe wielding bloke. Her gaze traveled to the back of the tavern where a young woman occupied a table. She sat by the warmth of the tavern’s fire which Robyn figured was a smart idea. It had been getting late and the air had chilled a bit. She blinked, a bit surprised, when the young woman suddenly called her over to her table.

Robyn approached the table with caution. She had never been in Syliras before or this tavern for that matter. But that didn’t mean she was a fool. Traveling with the circus troop had taught her many things, and one of those lessons had been that not everyone was to be trusted in life. But the table was near the fire so it was warm and Robyn did prefer to sit near the fire with a stranger than at the other tables. When she finally reached the table she caught a whiff of a particular scent. Her eyes darted downwards to the desert dog at the stranger’s side.

The dog had not growled nor gave her any warnings to leave so Robyn sat down in the chair. At the sound of the stranger’s words Robyn looked up at the woman. “I’ve never been to this tavern before. I’m Robyn.” She looked down at the drink in the woman’s hands. “How do you buy one of those?”
Robyn
Player

Character sheet
Journal

Postby Alexis Whitewave on January 22nd, 2012, 3:57 am

Alexis took another sib of ale and jerked her head towards the barmaids who busily hurried round the tavern ferrying mugs of ale and beer to the customers. ”Just ask one of them and they’ll get you one.” she said with a wry smile.
She took another gulp and then put the mug on the table. She leaned forward a little, resting her elbows on the table, her eyes studying the young woman. Robyn was smaller than Alexis and had short brown hair.

”So, how long have you been here?” she asked a few moments later. ”I’ve only just got here. Docked my ship out in the harbor.” she continued, oblivious to Robyn’s obvious wariness.

OOCSorry it's so short!
School's back up so I'm kind of swamped with homework and study; I will try and get on as much as I can but no promises.
Alexis Whitewave
Call me Lexi~

Character sheet
Journal

Postby Robyn on January 22nd, 2012, 4:12 am

Robyn turned her head to look over her shoulder after Alexis gestured to the barmaids quickly moving about the tavern. She took a moment to watch one barmaid in particular carry a mug of ale over to a patron sitting at a table a few feet away. Alright. Flag a barmaid down and say what you want. That didn’t sound so hard.

Raising her arm up, Robyn waved her hand in the air till a barmaid came over. “Yes. Hi. Some ale please.” Robyn figured starting out with just a drink would do for now. Plus it would give her a taste of the quality of the food the tavern offered. Apparently the ale was good but she wasn’t going to rely on complete strangers. Plus she was thirsty. The barmaid nodded and walked off. Robyn watched the barmaid for a moment until she heard Alexis speak again.

Robyn looked back over at Alexis. Again her gaze darted downwards to the woman’s dog that rested peacefully at her side. She was a bit shocked that the dog had not made a sound at her arrival. It had to know she was here. Her scent had to be overpowering the dog by now. Her gaze lifted back up to meet Alexis’s. “I just arrived. Haven’t been here longer than a day.” She paused until something the woman had said clicked in her mind. “You came by sea?”
Robyn
Player

Character sheet
Journal

Postby Alexis Whitewave on January 23rd, 2012, 7:00 pm

Alexis eyes snapped up to meet Robyn’s, a little surprised. ”Yeah, I’m a Svefra. You couldn’t tell?” she said with a short chuckle. ”You obviously haven’t been in many coastal towns. I’d like to say we’re pretty well known.” she continued, her tone light and even a little proud.

She bent down and picked up the dog that rested at her feet. She placed the small animal, which would probably not stay that way for much longer, and placed him on her lap. She gently stroked his head with two fingers. A short few moments later the barmaid returned with a mug of ale and placed it on the table in front of Robyn. “That’ll be one silver miza.”[/b] she stated, with a warm smile on her lips.
Alexis Whitewave
Call me Lexi~

Character sheet
Journal

Postby Robyn on January 26th, 2012, 12:29 am

Robyn shook her head. “No. I…I didn’t know.” But it was true. Robyn had yet to experience many coastal towns. Heck, she was still trying to grasp the fact that a huge place like Syliras existed! She had never seen so many people in one place before. It was all very foreign but also quite enjoyable. To a degree of course.

When Alexis bent down to pick up the small dog Robyn couldn’t help but lean back a little in her seat. Robyn didn’t really want to be near the dog. The mere idea of sharing territory with another animal almost caused a shiver to shoot up her spine. Her attention was diverted when the barmaid returned and placed the mug of ale down on the table. “Oh. Right. One second.” Robyn reached into her shirt and carefully pulled out her small purse. Opening it up she selected one silver miza and handed it to the barmaid.

When the barmaid left Robyn closed her purse up and looked from her brand new mug of ale to Alexis. “So…erm, how long have you been here?”
Robyn
Player

Character sheet
Journal

Postby Alexis Whitewave on January 30th, 2012, 7:09 pm

”Well” Alexis started with a mischievous grin ”I’ve been in this bar for a couple hours, but I’m assuming you meant Syliras. Only been here since this morning.” she said with another swig of ale.

OOCI know it's ridiculously short! I'm really sorry, but I'll try and write more next time. There's a lot going on at the moment.
Alexis Whitewave
Call me Lexi~

Character sheet
Journal